PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Allowed optimization, but for fun only, Dragonwrought Kobold

cartejos
2018-08-12, 07:43 AM
I want to use Wyrm of War (for maneuvers, I know, I know "It's not LOREDRAKE") And I plan on taking 5 (total) maneuver/stances, so it does end up being better than the feat version for what I want, and even if it's not, I would like to stick with the maneuver version because of extra flavor and such. A DWK who jumps around imitating the dragons, or using the couple Tiger Claw maneuvers that deal bunches more damage against larger opponents.

I do not want the size of the Kobold to go up, I would like the Kobold to stay small in size.

Using a +1 Sizing Short Spear Hornblade and a +1 Variable Light Shield, he employs various combat tactics, such as using a Huge Short Spear in two hands (Monkey Grip) with a buckler, or using a Large Short Spear in One Hand and using a light shield, or using a medium short spear with a heavy shield and combat expertise.

The DM has also said that custom magic items are almost always gonna be approved, but still need to be run past him.
ex. I already was approved for getting an Item of Continuous Insightful Feint for constant +10 to Feint and Free Action Feints (ruled 1/round). I also was approved for a Short Spear of Continuous Wraithstrike.

I'm planning on going Sorcerer 6/Fighter 2/Abjurant Champion 5/Incantatrix 4/Spellsword 1/Sorcerer +2
Ditching my familiar (probably for Divine Companion), and Taking the War Domain at 5
3 metamagic feats: Extend, Persist, Sculpt

Using Monkey Grip for flavor, Improved Feint for those sweet free action feints, and Knowledge Devotion (Or Power Attack? Not sure what the best bonus to damage feat here is) for damage

Maneuvers learned through wyrm of war: Sudden Leap, Soaring Raptor, Pouncing Charge, and Wolf Climbs the mountain... Stance Learned: Leaping Dragon Stance

What would your improvements be? I would like to keep it a sorc casting gish with the maneuver variant wyrm of war small kobold using big weapons. The weapon itself is also negotiable, I'd like a 1-H weapon so I can still use the shield, but it isn't strictly necessary.

Troacctid
2018-08-12, 11:25 AM
Did you get a Ray of Resurgence to remove your racial Strength penalty?

cartejos
2018-08-12, 02:11 PM
Have never seen that suggestion or spell before, thank you!