PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Swordmage for PF2 playtest

Starbuck_II
2018-08-12, 11:39 AM
So while reading the playtest I discovered it is similar to 4E structure as well so why not reintroduced Swordmage.

I'm far from finished but you can see what I have so far.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SH8FZwt_lh9gHD2utg__dS15Uegd9hRQpm0Ybk-7S3I/edit

I'll transfer the google doc to this thread soon.

Xzoltar
2018-08-12, 04:59 PM
Didnt thought it would be that easy to convert Classes from 4th to Pathfinder 2nd, bu you convince me, you still have a lot of work to do, but if feel like the 4e edition Swordmage with the new rule set.

A lot of the power from classes can in fact now be feats or feat granting them as power using the Spell Pool mechanic.

I have a lot of classes we made for 4th and we would like to port over Pathfinder 2, I will still wait after the playtest to start converting as a lot of things would change. But thanks for your idea and will be waiting for you to finish your swordmage (I could use it as a NPC)

Pramxnim
2018-08-12, 10:33 PM
I haven't read the whole thing yet, but Swordmage Warding seems out of line with other class feats. Martials don't get to have a persistent +2 circumstance bonus to AC until level 12 at least (Fighter's Dueling Dance). You should make it cost an action to "Prepare the warding" and make a stance later on that automates the process.