PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder help building characters!

finaldooms
2018-08-12, 05:31 PM
so im playing in a pathfinder game and the DM is going to allow us to switch out characters whenever we get bored ( like now im currently a sorc and say i wana play a fighter for a little i can just switch in town) via a guild mechanic

the world is homebrew but most of the monsters are not..and there are a good amount of extra rules/changes that do not matter right now since we are still realiivly low lvl but his custom monsters..are...pretty over the top when he decides to throw them at us and i was wanting help making a few new guys just in case i die/get bored with sorc

ive decided i want a NECROMANCER ( lots of minions) a DRUID ( MINIONS..or wildshape focus i dont mind) and probly a FIGHTER ( one of the rule changes is 2h weapons get 2x STR instead of 1.5 STR)

now the fighter i most likely will NOT need help with ut the necro and the druid i would like some help building them up to lvl 10 if possible

suggestions or straight up builds would be nice ..ALL of pathfinder is allowed ( pretty much if its on the SRD its cool) but no 3.5 ( which is a shame cause i can make a druid there easier lol)

Geddy2112
2018-08-13, 10:05 PM
A gravewalker witch is a good spin on the classic necromancer. You can at will command undead as a spell like ability that mindless undead don't get a save against. You still get all the create undead spells so you can brew your own in addition to controlling ones you encounter. The undead master feat is a must for any necromancer, increasing the # of HD you can control. Witches get the inflict X wounds tree as well, making it easy to patch up your minions with a wand.

Like any good full caster, making and commanding undead is just one of your tricks. You still have a strong spell list and powerful hexes like slumber to contribute in any situation.

finaldooms
2018-08-14, 04:30 AM
Oh thanks someone responded lol

So a gravewalker witch? Do they get anything actually special for undead? ( i was looking a necro and they get channel negative and can pick a bunch of necro focused abilties as they level obviously) or would the necromancer be stuck just focusing on his undead?