PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Guidance! Help me find a god!

SMac8988
2018-08-12, 05:34 PM
Hello everyone, was looking for spiritual leadership!

My group and I have been running through Tyranny of Dragons for over a year, now really getting into Rise of Dragons. And I love my character, dont get me wrong. But we recently asked the DM to stop pulling punches and he killed a player than night in a dragon fight.

Now I understand not every fight is a dragon fight and it may have just been a fluke, but I am man who likes to be prepared.

I have fallen in love with the storm Sorc/ tempest Cleric, multi class. Focusing on almost exclusively lighting/thunder for damage spells and the rest for utility and healing.

My plan is to play a minotuar. And was wondering who would be the best god to worship on this setting? My idea was for him to be more aloof, and lackadaisical till things got really bad then the storm would rise up in him.

Any advice is good advice and can't wait to hear from you all!!!

PhoenixPhyre
2018-08-12, 06:51 PM

My group and I have been running through Tyranny of Dragons for over a year, now really getting into Rise of Dragons. And I love my character, dont get me wrong. But we recently asked the DM to stop pulling punches and he killed a player than night in a dragon fight.

Now I understand not every fight is a dragon fight and it may have just been a fluke, but I am man who likes to be prepared.

I have fallen in love with the storm Sorc/ tempest Cleric, multi class. Focusing on almost exclusively lighting/thunder for damage spells and the rest for utility and healing.

My plan is to play a minotuar. And was wondering who would be the best god to worship on this setting? My idea was for him to be more aloof, and lackadaisical till things got really bad then the storm would rise up in him.

Talos seems an obvious choice, although he's evil so you'd do best as some flavor of neutral (unless your group is ok with evil).

Derpaligtr
2018-08-12, 07:12 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism

Talk with your DM to have the Cleric work without a deity (or maybe one is sponsoring you out of hilarity) the way they used to and throw your fellow players for a loop. As a cleric, just keep denying that there is real proof there are deities. Be straight faced about it in character and when out of character just act all serious about your choices...

They should give you that look Black Mage gave Fighter sometimes from 8 Bit Theater, the "wait, what, how did that work... my brain can't process this level of stupid" look.

Snowbluff
2018-08-12, 08:22 PM
I play a Sorcerer cleric storm/tempest. He uses boomingblade to trap people in spirit guardians. His name is a Tormaigh Torrelson.

I think he worshipes Akadi, a neutral deity of winds. My character is NG so it worked out, and the deity is an elemental so it’s not hard to fit with most characters.

SMac8988
2018-08-13, 05:49 AM
I play a Sorcerer cleric storm/tempest. He uses boomingblade to trap people in spirit guardians. His name is a Tormaigh Torrelson.

I think he worshipes Akadi, a neutral deity of winds. My character is NG so it worked out, and the deity is an elemental so it’s not hard to fit with most characters.

I like this idea. I was looking for an elder elemental of lightning, or at least someone if real significance from the plane of lightning but couldn't find anything.

Requilac
2018-08-13, 06:47 AM
This isn’t necessarily a god persay, by maybe your cleric could have an Elder Tempest from MToF as their deity. I would imagine that they would be powerful enough to grant clerical powers, and they certainly make sense thematically for a tempest cleric. I don’t believe they really have ever been called “gods”, but the most powerful creature on the Elemental Plane of Air could very easily have some worshippers to their name.

SMac8988
2018-08-13, 07:12 AM
This isn’t necessarily a god persay, by maybe your cleric could have an Elder Tempest from MToF as their deity. I would imagine that they would be powerful enough to grant clerical powers, and they certainly make sense thematically for a tempest cleric. I don’t believe they really have ever been called “gods”, but the most powerful creature on the Elemental Plane of Air could very easily have some worshippers to their name.

That is a cool idea. I'd have to look into them some more.
I also need to look into the spell selection some more.