PDA

View Full Version : Can a Paladin's turn the faithless ability turn a wearwolf back human?

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-08-12, 07:53 PM
That's pretty much my question. We are running through Curse of Strahd and I'm sure this is gonna come up.

Can a Paladin's turn the faithless ability turn a wearwolf back human?

Angelalex242
2018-08-12, 07:55 PM
No. But the moonbeam spell can. Turn the Faithless isn't much use in Curse of Strahd. Only the Devotion Paladin's power will work.

Daghoulish
2018-08-12, 10:22 PM
No. But the moonbeam spell can. Turn the Faithless isn't much use in Curse of Strahd. Only the Devotion Paladin's power will work.

Why wouldn't it, if I may ask? Turn the Faithless states "If the creature's true form is concealed by an illusion, shape-shifting, or other effect, that form is revealed while it is turned.". Wouldn't this change a werewolf back to human or is the wolf that person's true form?

leogobsin
2018-08-12, 10:27 PM
Why wouldn't it, if I may ask? Turn the Faithless states "If the creature's true form is concealed by an illusion, shape-shifting, or other effect, that form is revealed while it is turned.". Wouldn't this change a werewolf back to human or is the wolf that person's true form?

Turn the Faithless only affects Fey and Fiends, and werewolves are neither.

Lord Vukodlak
2018-08-13, 05:04 AM
It also says “revealed” not that they’re forced back into their natural form. So even if a werewolf was a type of fey. You’d only know what he looks like in human form. He’d still be able to claw you stem to stern.

Unoriginal
2018-08-13, 05:48 AM
It also says “revealed” not that they’re forced back into their natural form. So even if a werewolf was a type of fey. You’d only know what he looks like in human form. He’d still be able to claw you stem to stern.

This is true.