PDA

View Full Version : Kakuzu (from Naruto) in D&D 5e

Jurrasicdragon
2018-08-12, 09:00 PM
I’m going to be playing a 5e campaign soon and want to make Kakuzu, I can’t think of any class for him. Any ideas?

strangebloke
2018-08-12, 11:16 PM
Kakuzu has 3 distinguising traits.

1. He fights with powerful floating creatures
2. Tentacles. Tentacles everywhere.
3. He takes multiple solid hits to bring down. Weak hits don't do crap.

With that in mind, I'd say:

Human Kraken Patron Warlock 1/Abjurer Wizard 19. Pick up the 'lucky' feat and use it purely defensively. "That didn't kill me, it killed only one of my lives!" Grab armor of agathys and with your ward, you'll be pretty tanky.

Use clone, simulacrum, and Magic Jar extensively.

He's basically a lich, so seriously. Go nuts.

ErHo
2018-08-13, 11:26 AM
Why when someone wants to start a pop culture character into a PC we assume its for a level 20 campaign?

How often do people start campaigns at 20th level?

CIDE
2018-08-13, 07:55 PM
Why when someone wants to start a pop culture character into a PC we assume its for a level 20 campaign?

While you have a point realistically Kakuzu isn't really attainable until way later anyway. Even if you just go for some thematic or aesthetic choices 5e's still probably pretty limited in that department. Compared to 3.5 where pseudonatural creature (low powered version) could take care of some of it.

strangebloke
2018-08-13, 08:30 PM

At low levels, kraken 1 abjurer x is still a thematic build.

And kakuzu is somewhere around level 17 in dnd terms. He takes on entire parties of elite ninjas. He can respawn, he can teleport, he can summon flying monsters that can breathe lightning, he can throw his limbs, he can turn into stone... He's a very badass operator.

He actually reminds me a lot of a min maxed 3.5/Pathfinder abomination.

Sariel Vailo
2018-08-13, 10:35 PM
So since people are talking about naruto charactera how about haku.

strangebloke
2018-08-14, 08:10 AM
So since people are talking about naruto charactera how about haku.

He's a open hand monk, with his stunning strikes and quivering palm being refluff as his senbon. His ice prison is a little hard to simulate, but you could maybe give him a few levels in something to get misty and greater invisibility.

The trick is, anyone who can do everything Haku can do can also probably do a ton of other things.