PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Envoy Warforged Bard

Xanvyr_Yyndryth
2018-08-12, 09:15 PM
I was wondering how viable this is: An envoy warforged bard with his/her integrated weapon BEING his/her instrument making it so that his/her spellcasting focus is on him/her at all times.
If you can optimize it too that would be nice.

AugustNights
2018-08-12, 10:32 PM
I'm fairly certain that warforged envoy bard, with integrated musical instrument is spoken of specifically in the Wayfinder's Guide, so it should be rather viable. With a +2 Con, +1 Cha as potential ability mods this race/class combination is not terrible.

Ventruenox
2018-08-12, 10:52 PM
It really depends on the role you want this character to play in the party. If you can provide ability scores and a direction you want to take this character, that would be a good start.

Offhand though, I could see this as a Valor Bard built to be a bugeler to lead companies into battle. You get shield proficiency and medium armor to raise your AC to obscene levels, letting you focus on your CHA stat for a wicked DC spell save. Then, it is the standard support character dropping Bardic Inspiration, Vicious Mockery, and Healing Word with regularity.

A few levels into Raven Queen Warlock for Sanctuary and cheesing Perception checks (Expertise) and your party will love you forever. Tome pact for Guidance is never a bad idea on this type of build. Agonizing Blast and Book of Ancient Secrets invocations means you always have the right magic for every situation.

The Shield Master feat has you ignoring any Fireballs sent your way. Lucky will let your rolls succeed nearly every time when it matters. The Menacing feat would give you a combat option to inflict Frightened and Prone (w/Shield Master) with the Attack action. Bardlocks have options.

Be sure to have a conversation with both your party and the DM. You ought not hog the spotlight to be a good player.