PDA

View Full Version : Optimization DPR Build Help

Dirty_toes
2018-08-13, 12:25 PM
Joining a new group and they are short on damage dealers. Thought I'd try building something of a glass cannon.

S14, D16, C16, I10, W13, CH10

Ranger (revised) 5
Rogue 3

Race: Variant Human
Using hand crossbow build.
Feats: Crossbow Expert + Sharpshooter.

Went for Hunter Conclave with Colossus Slayer for Ranger - Seemed like the d8 bonus damage would provide nice, consistent damage throughout rather than relying on enemies being within 5 feet all the time. Went for Humanoid as favoured enemy. (Campaign seems to favour them).

Went for Arcane Trickster for Rogue. Chose Find Familiar for 1st level spell - Owl. Plan to use him for gaining advantage on attacks via the help ability.

Hunter spells: Hunter's Mark, Spike Growth for attack spells. (Others for utility.).

Assuming the owl can provide advantage on the first attack, make that a sharpshooter shot for the potential +10 damage, the other two shots will be sharpshooter if AC < 16. (Should get 3 shots per round with the hand crossbow build.)

Plan is to just keep leveling the Rogue side. Going forward, feat/ability selection would be dexterity +2 until I hit 20.

Comments? Improvements? Clutch magic items? Different class choice altogether instead?

Thanks.