PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Optimizing Spellcraft (for crafting)

ezekielraiden
2018-08-13, 12:45 PM
Looking to make a character that does a fair amount of crafting. Would appreciate suggestions on how to make that as effective as possible, especially if I need to skip one or two prerequisites (increasing the DC by 5). Thus far I know I should craft an Armillary Amulet immediately (+5 competence bonus), and I'm playing a Synthesist too (+8 racial bonus). What else should I invest in? Feats, tools, spells?

exelsisxax
2018-08-13, 12:55 PM
Looking to make a character that does a fair amount of crafting. Would appreciate suggestions on how to make that as effective as possible, especially if I need to skip one or two prerequisites (increasing the DC by 5). Thus far I know I should craft an Armillary Amulet immediately (+5 competence bonus), and I'm playing a Synthesist too (+8 racial bonus). What else should I invest in? Feats, tools, spells?

You're done. Keep it maxed, take 10, you craft everything. You don't get a bonus for going over the DC, so there's no point trying to go for more.

ezekielraiden
2018-08-13, 01:42 PM
You're done. Keep it maxed, take 10, you craft everything. You don't get a bonus for going over the DC, so there's no point trying to go for more.

I hadn't realized crafting checks allowed Take 10. Still, there is some room for optimizing, I'd assume. I might need to take a +15 increase (+5 to craft at double speed, +5 to emulate a class I don't have, +5 to emulate a spell I don't know), so DCs in the mid- to high-30s aren't impossible. I suppose once I'm hitting level 6-8 or so, there won't be much beyond my reach. Thanks for pointing this out!

Lotheb
2018-08-13, 01:47 PM
Since you're rolling a synthesist theres a trait Voices of Solid Things http://archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Voices%20of%20Solid%20T hings
That lets you use charisma instead of intelligence.

exelsisxax
2018-08-13, 02:32 PM
I hadn't realized crafting checks allowed Take 10. Still, there is some room for optimizing, I'd assume. I might need to take a +15 increase (+5 to craft at double speed, +5 to emulate a class I don't have, +5 to emulate a spell I don't know), so DCs in the mid- to high-30s aren't impossible. I suppose once I'm hitting level 6-8 or so, there won't be much beyond my reach. Thanks for pointing this out!

Get the above trait. Put one rank in spellcraft. Wear your eidolon.

You can now take 10, for a total of 27, at level 1.

No, you do not need to put more effort into it, just a few more skill ranks. Your Cha will naturally bump up too.