PDA

View Full Version : Help build this campaign

Calthropstu
2018-08-13, 03:38 PM
I have a pretty nifty idea for a campaign involving an elemental incursion into the prime material.

The setting:
The main city the party has been based in is magically advanced. Thanks to new assembly methods, several mages have been churning out magic items at a rapid rate for many years leading to a magic mart style boom in the economy. Clockworks have replaced horses for much of the citizens, and magic item prices have been well established for nearly 2 decades.

The party will start as mid level (9th) adventurers having spent nearly 2 months trudging through an ancient dungeon full of undead. They have finally defeated the minor lich that had infested the place and are heading back for their reward as well as to sell and transfer the loot they picked up. (Basically, I am going to start them with lvl 7 gear and give them a bunch of random crap to round them out).

When they get back, they find most of the magic item stock severely depleted and the prices have about doubled. The shops are quite eager to buy the items the party has on them.

Long story short, the process to create magic items involves forever binding elementals into the items. The quickened pace caused an elemental lord to notice and take action, first by blocking the process that was being used then second by punishing those foolish enough to cause such harm to his people.
Shortly after selling their loot while in search of an inn and looking for the next quest, a group of forward scouts (large earth elementals) will start causing havok in the city.

This will ultimately lead to a full scale elemental assault on the city. I have some ideas for events, quest triggers etc, but could probably use more.

What are some interesting elemental type events that could happen between the scouts and the invasion?

Edit: this is pathfinder specifically. So elemental races such as ifrit, undine etc would probably act as spies and agents.