PDA

View Full Version : is there a 3.5 psicrystal handbook

jdizzlean
2018-08-13, 09:46 PM
or a reason to tack on another feat if you're taking it that way for the improved version?

i'm a little shaky on psionics and just want to do some research on it, but there doesn't appear to be any organized thoughts on the issue i can find

for thoughts in general, let's assume no higher than level 10 progression and not end game super high op level 20 stuff :)

low to mid game relevance is the target :)

daremetoidareyo
2018-08-13, 10:12 PM
or a reason to tack on another feat if you're taking it that way for the improved version?

i'm a little shaky on psionics and just want to do some research on it, but there doesn't appear to be any organized thoughts on the issue i can find

I'd look for psion handbooks as guides.

Here's Daremeto's completely drunken zero reference Psi-crystal guide.

Psi crystals can be gotten as a feat. Psionic warriors and psions have bonus psionic feats, so those classes are the best to get psicrystals with. They're little construct familiars, basically. Except that these familiars actually grow in HD, so they can take feats. Psionic feats too. That's pretty cool. Give your psycrystal leadership. No...better: Give your psi crystal the psi crystal affinity feat. Lol. The coolest part of your character is going all frankenstein, that psionic freak.

There is another feat that allows them to hold a bonus psionic focus. I forget what it's called, probably something like, psicrystal focus. That's a guess. I think im right though.

Anyway, you can blow two psionic foci a round! you can linked power a linked power. Or psionic weapon a psionic fist.

There is a feat that allows them to store an extra essencia for you. And there is a feat that allows you to share your soulmeld with your bonded companions. Incarnum in the house, Boy!

There's a feat that replaces the psicrystal with an elemental envoy, which is like a psionic mephit, except with much less personality. It's a psionic tomagachi mephit.

There's a class that turns your psi crystal into a cognizance crystal. I forget what it is, though.

A tiny (or is it diminutive) barbarian can ride one and use the mounted fury feat on it, I think you can find that on the archive about wild cohorts. I might be wrong about that. Anyways, that tiny raging barbarian could be granting the psi crystal stallion the effects of the rage on the tiny barbarian. I hope he has blazing berzerker and frozen berserker feats, whirling frenzy? If it's a diminutive raging gnoll, you can get a bite attack on your psicrystal. That's pretty cool. That feat is in some forgotten realms book.

You can use the bestow power power on it. so your psi crystal can manifest any power you give it.

Yo, quick question dawg, can a psi crystal take aberrant dragonmark? Can a psi crystal take human heritage? Can a psi crystal take human heritage when it's maker is a changeling with racial emulation?

If psionic feats are supernatural abilities, does that mean that if I take empower supernatural ability from tome of shadowcasters that I can roll 1.5 X psycrystal hit dice for hit points?

This concludes the 1st psicrystal handbook.