PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What god should a half-orc cleric have to help smooth things out?

AlexanderML
2018-08-13, 11:54 PM
I've been invited to play in a game of pathfinder, and have decided that a cleric would be the best fit. I also wanted him to be an outcast, so made him a half-orc. Now I'm trying to decide what god he should worship, hopefully someone that makes the human villagers who restrict his rights feel bad about doing so (maybe lighten up on him a bit). Currently I've found Cayden (like his rebellious yet nice tone), Desna (interesting mystic tone), and Sarenra (redemption goddess might be more applicable here) to be interesting choices but I have no experience with any of them.

Thoughts on who is the best choice? Or maybe someone else entirely that I've overlooked somewhere.

The Glyphstone
2018-08-14, 12:01 AM
If your goal is to make the oppressive villagers treat him better, wouldn't the character making himself beneficial/useful/respected by them be more effective than just trying to make them sympathetic/sorry for him based on his choice of patron deity? The latter seems an unlikely strategy if they're already restricting his rights solely on being half-orc.

AlexanderML
2018-08-14, 12:12 AM
If your goal is to make the oppressive villagers treat him better, wouldn't the character making himself beneficial/useful/respected by them be more effective than just trying to make them sympathetic/sorry for him based on his choice of patron deity? The latter seems an unlikely strategy if they're already restricting his rights solely on being half-orc.

Oh, that's not what I'm looking for, sorry for being unclear. I'm planning for him to be helping others in the community, and for him to push back hard against anyone that looks down on him for being a half orc. I'm looking for a deity that would be on board with a rough almost passive aggressive freedom loving cleric that others would recognize. I'm just trying to avoid "he's tricking us!" sort of stuff.

Calthropstu
2018-08-14, 01:33 AM
The god of knowledge might be interesting. A half-orc seeking knowledge and wisdom on behalf of the god of knowledge would give most pause.
The god of elves would be extremely strange... and the fact he grants the power of a cleric to the half-orc would definitely make some back off.
Of course, there's always the "eye for an eye" approach of callistria. Worshipping the goddes of revenge might make someone think twice.
But I'd say your best bet is pharasma. No one wants to tempt fate and helping to serve as a healer and destroying undead would endear him to any surrounding area.

Ghen
2018-08-14, 06:41 AM
I'm not sure if I really understand what you're going for with this guy , since I'm pretty sleepy right now, but I'll take a stab at it. I would like to put forth the goddess Ayailla for consideration as an interesting deity. She's NG, and she's all about illuminating the darkness in a literal (disciple of the sun style) and figurative (illuminating people in the "teacher of knowledge" style) sense. Her typical worshipers are often not human, so you're half-orc would fit right in among good dragons, pegasi, and dwarven paladins (they're a diverse lot).

Her domains are Glory, Good, and Sun, but given her fluff, I don't see why Knowledge shouldn't be in there too.

Yogibear41
2018-08-15, 12:12 AM
Kill the villagers, and there will be no one to restrict his rights. :sabine:

Think of the experience points!

Andry
2018-08-15, 07:28 PM
I would go with the Empyreal Lord Ragathiel.