PDA

View Full Version : TWF with 2 backstabbers

LordDeath666
2018-08-14, 02:12 AM
What happens when a rogue has TWF AND two separate backstabbers in his hands when he attacks is it +2D6 per attack or does it stack for a +4D6 per attack

finaldooms
2018-08-14, 04:34 AM
Personally i feel like this falls under the same type bonuses don't stack kinda rule..so it would be 2d6 bonus only instead of 4d6
..also seems like an ask the DM question because its not..technically a bonus so i could see an arguement about for ..or easily against it also

DeTess
2018-08-14, 06:07 AM
I'd say that you get the bonus from the weapon you're attacking with. Its the same with having two +1 swords; they don't count as a +2.

sleepyphoenixx
2018-08-14, 08:46 AM
This +6 short sword adds +2d6 to the wielder’s sneak attack damage.
It's an untyped bonus that adds directly to your sneak attack class feature, so it stacks.

Why you'd want to pay 770k gp for a measly +7 to damage is another question.

Pleh
2018-08-14, 08:48 AM
TMU, the reason Rogues go for TWF is that it offers more opportunities for SA to trigger. If you have two Backstabbing swords, each sword would add +2d6 SA damage. So if both attacks hit, you effectively are getting the +4d6 SA damage when you add the two attacks together.

Consider is you only had 1 backstabber sword and a regular +1 shortsword in your off hand. You'd only get +2d6 SA damage for attacks made with the backstabber, while the off hand must make regular SA damage.

Deophaun
2018-08-14, 09:46 AM
I'd say that you get the bonus from the weapon you're attacking with. Its the same with having two +1 swords; they don't count as a +2.
The +1 enhancement bonus applies to the weapon. The backstabber's ability applies to the wielder. Not the same at all.

That said, the bonuses come from the same source, so they don't stack.

Consider is you only had 1 backstabber sword and a regular +1 shortsword in your off hand. You'd only get +2d6 SA damage for attacks made with the backstabber, while the off hand must make regular SA damage and the other weapon
Corrected. As previously quoted, the backstabber grants +2d6 to the wielder's attacks, not just to attacks with the weapon.

DeTess
2018-08-14, 10:05 AM
The +1 enhancement bonus applies to the weapon. The backstabber's ability applies to the wielder. Not the same at all.

Heh, you're right. I checked again and the difference in wording between this weapon property and the general weapon enhancement is indeed more different than I thought it was.