PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Is this the right place to post a whole homebrewed campagin for review?

Mordna
2018-08-14, 08:22 AM
As the title says, I'm looking to have some people read, look at and review a homebrew campaign I've been working on for over a year. I have a solid group of friends that I play regularily with, and they have played my game, but not far into it. It's killing me that I can not share/show them all the things that I have made/wrote/set up fro this campaign, because they are the ones who will play it and it's primarily made for them to enjoy - so no spoilers. Of course I get feedback from them after every session, but they do not have an overview of the whole thing and I really need some outside fresh eyes to critique it for me.

So can I post it here? I'm also very aware that once it's on the Internet it's free for all. I don't want to make money off of it, as mentined it's a lovechild for my friends to enjoy, but if some people would like to play it I would have no porblem with it, as long as they wouldn't claim it as thier own. I'm kind of a newbie to everything, D&D, forums, and sharing my stuff, so please excuse me, if any of this is silly.

The campaign is a series of 16 interconnected adventures for levels 3-20, levelling up after every episode, except for part 2 and 3 where they level up twice in between. It started out as a one-shot, but it very quickly grew out of it, as I saw a good story in it and my players really enjoyed it.
I have only finished 4 episodes, working on the fifth now and have a plan for the rest.

I mostly keep the 5e RAW, with a few very small exceptions (like anyone can read a spell scroll, doesn't have to be a spellcaster). I have a script, official 5e and homebrewed monsters, magic items, spellscrolls, physical 3d maps, battlemaps, player and monster tokens, physical items for some objects (props like potion bottles) and lots more. I would like for people to be able to look at the whole package and give their opinion. This would mean sharing documents and pictures of digital content and photos of real-life things that I took.

I have made everything myself, but I used lots and lots and lots online resources, other people's homebrews, ideas from other forums and from here, etc. Sadly I don't have a list of giving credit to everyone's ideas I've used, because in the begining it was just good fun for my friends, didn't think much of it.

SO, my question is, do I post here? OR can I find interested parties that would like to read and review and do that on a personal basis? Do other people do things like this?

Thank you all for reading!
Looking forward to your answers.

JNAProductions
2018-08-14, 01:59 PM
Go ahead, post it. Do be warned though-people will steal it and use it for their own devious means. (And by devious means I mean their own campaigns, either lifting it wholesale or taking elements.)

In addition, if when you're running it, you want to post a campaign log, you can do that over in the 5E subforum.