PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Dendar and Levithan

Ruethgar
2018-08-14, 12:19 PM
I have a creature/character who is thematically supposed to be a primeval force from before the ordering of the universe. He is very lawfully aligned, but in the endless chaos before the ordering he had to consume and use chaotic energies and even trapped some entities within himself. I wanted lesser versions of Dendar the Night Serpent and a Leviathan to be bound dreaming within him but I’m having a bit of a block as to what they would look like.

I want them to be legally attainable characters, even if a bit on the powerful side. Shooting for level 15ish but could be higher with LA as long as it’s not something insane like Paragon. This is a 3.P game with SoP.

The leviathan should probably have elemental magic and weather control. Going off the premise that the signs are basically planar breaches to the leviathan’s dream(aka the Dreamheart) so a touch of Lucid Dreaming and some sort of planar control wouldn’t be out of the question. Race is a little bit... I have no idea.

Dendar is a bit trickier. It should have insane fear capabilities that need to be able to breach immunity at least partially. Probably a master shadow caster, conjure 110% real nightmares lol. Could be familiar formed into an advanced constrictor for Large sized snake as the base without ECL adjustment. Ritually add Dark, maybe PF Dire to fit the feel even if it doesn’t add much as far as the abilities we’re going for.

TLDR: Need help with an elementalist leviathan with some planar control, particularly wtf it’s race would be. Also need help making a shadow caster with immunity breaching fear. Both level 15ish, all officially licensed 3.5 sources allowed plus SoP and some PF on review.

Mike Miller
2018-08-14, 07:06 PM
Have you looked into Binder at all? I don't know if that would work for you, but from a fluff standpoint it sounded like a good fit.

Ruethgar
2018-08-15, 08:00 AM
Binder would be thematically appropriate for the base character, at least in part, if I wanted to make a weaker(playable outside of epic) version of him, though Dendar and the Levithan don’t have binds for them.

For this, however, I wanted them fully inside him rather than just a small portion and their influence so they need to be stated. This is mostly for plot hook. Kill or severely disrupt Fa’Nes and you release a whole mess of evil on the waking world.

Have Dendar pretty well managed, with the Giant Dark Advanced Constrictor Familiar Formed from a Gnome I went with a typical Shadowcraft Mage(110% real!) plus Black Seraph Annihilation and Martial Training from his newfound RHD and by following himself as an Elder Evil and shuffling away. That fear eating maneuver is just too perfect for the concept.

The Leviathan is more what I’m having trouble with now. Not really sure what to go for, could focus SoP with a lot of lizard minions and weather control? But that’s stretching thin with the massive investment in minions. Maybe just a refluffed Leadership and focus entirely on the elemental weather? And wtf would the race be?

daremetoidareyo
2018-08-15, 08:07 AM
Dendar sounds like they want the live my nightmare spelltouched feat from unearthed arcana. It's a supernatural fantasmal killer targeting anyone who uses divination on him.

Ruethgar
2018-08-15, 08:42 AM
Live My Nightmare looks like a perfect addition, I had a couple feats left, was just going to amp up Heighten Spell some more but he’s powerful enough, may as well go thematic.

Edit: Screw it, Levi is gonna be a beast in melee compared to Dendar. Titanic Giant Fam Formed Constrictor from Goliath. Sphere Magus with some insane weather and destruction. Also going Emergent Atrocity for some boosted goodness and get those fins that appear in the pictures of the “serpent.”

Altered Dendar a bit as I fleshed him out to where he can act normally with a little magic even when he’s bound. Also gets triple fear auras and triple stacking intimidation if he hits you. Can terrify an entire village to death, no save for most of them. If he manages to take over/split from/is granted control of the body he is in, he can become equal to invisible without magic and every time he vanishes from view he can cause a target to be permanently terrified whenever he is or they think he is within 60ft. Really makes the Levithan look bad man.