PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Wonky Build, Help make more effective

cartejos
2018-08-14, 03:25 PM
In reference to something I read asked by Angel_Heart, answered by heavyfuel

Using non-lethal damage to channel a Persisted Divine Spell into Full Attack worth of allies.

Cleric 7/Duskblade 13 Seems the most basic route, though I'm sure Tacking urpriest at the end of duskblade for higher level spells might be noteworthy.

Using DMM: Persist to bypass the need for 10th level spells or further MM reducers.

Note: The duskblade feature says any touch spell you know, the interpretation this posts stance is from is that it means from ANY spell list and not any "duskblade" spell you know. I don't know if there is any contention about this, but there's contention about enough that I believe it warrants statement.

Edit: Missed the bit about the effect ending normally, unless perhaps an Incantatrix may be able to persist spell to bypass the dispel clause?

sleepyphoenixx
2018-08-14, 04:20 PM
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. The part where you channel spells into multiple people at least, since you can't persist touch spells.

Though if that's what you want you may be better off cheesing your way into War Weaver instead.
It's not only better at the whole "cast one spell on multiple people" thing (and gives your touch spells range), it'll also only cost you 5 levels instead of 13.
Or 1 if you decide to go with an early-entry Rainbow Servant.

Wizard 1/Rainbow Servant 10/War Weaver 5 is not only better at what you want to do, you'll also be a fully capable Wizard for your entire career instead of a crippled Cleric after you start taking Duskblade levels (which add nothing to a cleric, really).

Edit: Missed the bit about the effect ending normally, unless perhaps an Incantatrix may be able to persist spell to bypass the dispel clause?
The spell is discharged at the end of the round. Meaning you can't touch any more people with it. It doesn't affect duration.
But yes, an Incantatrix would be able to persist spells after you cast them, subject to the normal restrictions of persist (no touch spells).

cartejos
2018-08-14, 05:32 PM
Much thanks for the clarification, I rushed the thread together after reading what I had without thinking or reading too much into it because I didn't have some of the material on hand at the time