PDA

View Full Version : GAAAHHH!!! Still can't decide the race of my lv. 8 moon druid... Help!

samcifer
2018-08-14, 10:46 PM
Okay, so I wrote out 3 different versions of my chaotic evil Lv. 8 moon druid cannibal. Problem is that I can't decide which version to go with. We rolled for stats and I got 15, 15, 13, 12, 11, and 11. I figured on taking the Outlander Background, which fits him being outcast for violence and cannibalism. It gives prof. in Athletics and Survival. For class skill profs, I took Nature and Survival.

I need help deciding on which of the 3 races, so here's the stats, skill proficiencies and ASI/feat choices to go with:

Variant Human (+1 WIS and +1 DEX - perception prof., Resilient Con feat)

L4: +2 WIS, L8: +2 DEX

STR: 11, DEX: 16, CON: 16 (+ prof), INT: 11, WIS: 18, CHA: 12

or

Firbolg (+1 STR, +2 WIS - the draw of this race is once per rest invisibility for 1 turn as well as detect magic and disguise self once per rest each as well as the ability to speak to plants and animals.)

L4: +1 DEX and +1 WIS, L8: Resilient CON

STR: 12, DEX: 16, CON 14 (+ prof), INT: 11, WIS: 18, CHA: 12

or

Lizardfolk (+2 CON, +1 WIS, +30ft. Swim Speed, Natural armor = 13 + DEX, Bite attack, and can bite as bonus action and get temp HP - to damage bite does)

L4: +2 WIS, L8: Resilient CON

STR: 11, DEX: 15, CON: 18 (+ prof.), INT: 11, WIS: 18, CHA: 12

So which race would be best? The setting will be cities and some outdoor areas, but no lakes/oceans/seas/etc., so swim speed and holding breath will likely never come into play very much (unless there's smoke bombs, poison gas, etc.) I have 3 days left to decide, but am stumped on which to go with. If it helps, I an roleplay the liz' or 'bolg better than the human and I have clearer personalities for those two.

MaxWilson
2018-08-14, 11:34 PM
Well, obviously you can't make him a lizardfolk, because cannibalism just wouldn't be taboo for one of them. :-) Go for the Firbolg.

Exocist
2018-08-14, 11:35 PM
Okay, so I wrote out 3 different versions of my chaotic evil Lv. 8 moon druid cannibal. Problem is that I can't decide which version to go with. We rolled for stats and I got 15, 15, 13, 12, 11, and 11. I figured on taking the Outlander Background, which fits him being outcast for violence and cannibalism. It gives prof. in Athletics and Survival. For class skill profs, I took Nature and Survival.

I don't think the benefits of Firbolg are all that great, and Lizardfolk is definitely not necessary (Just transform into a swimming monster if you want a swim speed).

Therefore, I would suggest Vuman. Stats:

11 STR
15 DEX (+1 Racial = 16). Maybe take Alert if you want high initiative. You don't really need high DEX because it gets replaced, so the only useful part of it is the initiative bonus.
13 CON (+1 Resilient Constitution = 14).
11 INT
15 WIS (+1 Racial = 16)
12 CHA

4th and 8th ASI can be spent on
- +2 WIS
- Alert
- War Caster
- Lucky

Arkhios
2018-08-15, 12:47 AM
Stout Halfling!

Str 12, Dex 15+2, Con 13+1, Int 11, Wis 15, Cha 11

Imagine a halfling with insatiable appetite, ready to feast on everything - and everyone! :smallbiggrin:

Also, halfling cannibal is a hilarious concept.

CTurbo
2018-08-15, 12:59 AM
Stout Halfling!

Imagine a halfling with insatiable appetite, ready to feast on everything - and everyone! :smallbiggrin:

haha I was going to say Gnome! Advantage on all mental saves would be great!

Exocist
2018-08-15, 01:15 AM

In that case you're likely better off with a Yuan-Ti Pureblood. Not only does it make more sense for a cannibal, but the stat bonuses for a Gnome aren't great for a Druid, so you're not losing much by going Yuan-Ti instead of Gnome.

Stout Halfling!

You gotta watch yourself playing a Stout Halfling - the party Barbarian or Fighter might try to drink you.

Arkhios
2018-08-15, 02:38 AM
In that case you're likely better off with a Yuan-Ti Pureblood. Not only does it make more sense for a cannibal, but the stat bonuses for a Gnome aren't great for a Druid, so you're not losing much by going Yuan-Ti instead of Gnome.

You gotta watch yourself playing a Stout Halfling - the party Barbarian or Fighter might try to drink you.

Meh, not having a racial bonus on wisdom is not a big deal. 15 to start with is quite enough, and you'll get it up soon enough. Besides, if you're a moon druid, you're likely to spend most of your time in wild shape, so wisdom isn't that important anyway.

I'd say it had to be Halfling Stout instead.

samcifer
2018-08-15, 06:10 AM
The reason or wanting higher stats is to compensate for my tendency to roll low whenever I need to roll dice. Not hitting or saving most of the time is not very fun for me, so higher accuracy is important to me as a player. To be specific on cannibalism, though, I mean to eat someone of any of the playable races, not just members of one's own specific race. He's lived on the wild for several years now and isn't too picky as to who or what his food is/was.

Arkhios
2018-08-15, 06:55 AM
The reason or wanting higher stats is to compensate for my tendency to roll low whenever I need to roll dice. Not hitting or saving most of the time is not very fun for me, so higher accuracy is important to me as a player. To be specific on cannibalism, though, I mean to eat someone of any of the playable races, not just members of one's own specific race. He's lived on the wild for several years now and isn't too picky as to who or what his food is/was.

Considering the etymology of cannibal ("human that eats human flesh"), its boundaries are somewhat blurred when speaking of anyone other than human eating their own kind. Especially if several different intelligent humanoid species coexist at the same time. I guess I'm just trying to say that, don't read too much into the word, considering the context in the game world.

CTurbo
2018-08-15, 07:02 AM

Well I still think a cannibal Gnome would be great! With Forrest Gnome you can start 8 Str, 14 Dex, 12 Con, 14 Int, 14 Wis, 14 Cha and just pump Wis from there. Maybe later take Magic Initiate: Wizard for some fun stuff you wouldn't normally be able to get. You could start with 15 Wis but I see no mechanical benefit over starting with 14.

Did I mention they get advantage on all 3 mental saves? Of course your 3 mental stats will always stay the same so your 3 physical stats are less important.

Arkhios
2018-08-15, 07:09 AM
Well I still think a cannibal Gnome would be great! With Forrest Gnome you can start 8 Str, 14 Dex, 12 Con, 14 Int, 14 Wis, 14 Cha and just pump Wis from there. Maybe later take Magic Initiate: Wizard for some fun stuff you wouldn't normally be able to get. You could start with 15 Wis but I see no mechanical benefit over starting with 14.

Did I mention they get advantage on all 3 mental saves? Of course your 3 mental stats will always stay the same so your 3 physical stats are less important.

I have to admit, that I agree on the Gnome. Halfling Cannibal (eating everyone, not just other halflings) is already hilarious, but Gnome Cannibal is just outright creepy thought (in a good way)!

However, you seem to have misunderstood how the stats were determined, as seen below:

We rolled for stats and I got 15, 15, 13, 12, 11, and 11.

CTurbo
2018-08-15, 07:20 AM
However, you seem to have misunderstood how the stats were determined, as seen below:

That's right! I forgot about that. Sorry 15, 15, 13, 12, 11, and 11

Forrest Gnome 11 Str, 14 Dex, 11 Con, 14 Int, 15 Wis, 15 Cha and take +1 Wis and Con at level 4, then +2 Wis until maxed

Having a high/decent Cha would be flavorful for helping you deceive/persuade people

nickl_2000
2018-08-15, 07:29 AM

Firbolg (+1 STR, +2 WIS - the draw of this race is once per rest invisibility for 1 turn as well as detect magic and disguise self once per rest each as well as the ability to speak to plants and animals.)

L4: +1 DEX and +1 WIS, L8: Resilient CON

STR: 12, DEX: 16, CON 14 (+ prof), INT: 11, WIS: 18, CHA: 12

My personal opinion is to go with the Firbolg. It's very fluffly and appropriate for a Druid and you seem to want to play it. Powerful build can be nice for carrying capacity on a class that really doesn't need strength for much else, and you DM may allow you to use hidden step while wildshaped. One casting of detect magic per day should be enough that you can scout out an area of make sure you got all the goodies from a dungeon before leaving, this will leave more spells prepared for other things.

As for stats I would do this personally.
Level 1:
STR: 12(+1 racial), DEX: 13, CON 15, INT: 11, WIS: 17 (+2 racial), CHA: 12

Level 4 Resilient Con
STR: 12, DEX: 13, CON 16, INT: 11, WIS: 17 , CHA: 12

Level 8 ASI:+1 Wis, +1 Dex
STR: 12, DEX: 14, CON 16, INT: 11, WIS: 18 , CHA: 12

This gives you great concentration checks, which is vital for a Moon Druid and a good DC for saves and magical attack rolls. There is no reason to go with anything higher than a 14 in Dex since you can pick up spiked armor from SCAG and a wooden shield or persuade your DM to allow you to make half-plate out of dragonhide or ironwood or something else non-metal.

MaxWilson
2018-08-15, 08:12 AM

As a Moon Druid, most of the rolls based on your wisdom won't be made by you anyway--if you cast Spike Growth and then shapeshift into a Giant Toad, for example, you'll be making attack rolls at +4 and enemies will be making Perception checks against (DC 10 + Wisdom modifier) to spot it, but you won't be rolling any of the Wisdom dice yourself.

If it's not vital that he be an outcast from his own people due to cannibalism I would go lizardman all the way. Lizardmen are super fun from a RP angle, and the natural AC is actually useful for druids because it gives you a reasonable AC in non-wildshaped form (15 + Dex modifier, whenever you're using a shield) which lets you make more efficient use of your wildshapes and do more spellcasting without as much risk of losing concentration.

samcifer
2018-08-15, 10:10 AM
As a Moon Druid, most of the rolls based on your wisdom won't be made by you anyway--if you cast Spike Growth and then shapeshift into a Giant Toad, for example, you'll be making attack rolls at +4 and enemies will be making Perception checks against (DC 10 + Wisdom modifier) to spot it, but you won't be rolling any of the Wisdom dice yourself.

If it's not vital that he be an outcast from his own people due to cannibalism I would go lizardman all the way. Lizardmen are super fun from a RP angle, and the natural AC is actually useful for druids because it gives you a reasonable AC in non-wildshaped form (15 + Dex modifier, whenever you're using a shield) which lets you make more efficient use of your wildshapes and do more spellcasting without as much risk of losing concentration.

Yeah, the natural armor and +2 to CON are the real draws to going this route. The thing that will hurt is the low dex (+2 mod) unless I go 16 on WIS, but if I need to make an attack roll, the lesser accuracy will hurt me. The main appeal of the Firbolg comes from the +2 WIS and the once per rest spells.

Variant human, however, would make all my stats the best they can be and still net me the Resilient CON. I'd lose out on the firbolg spells, but he'd perform better overall, what with having the best stat boosts to go with.

That, ultimately, is my dilemma. Do I want to underperform to go with races that are less boring to play but will hit more often as well as be more survivable?

MagneticKitty
2018-08-15, 10:49 AM
Ghostwise halfling.
Good stat assignment
Lucky ability
Can talk in animal form

This is best race

Floogal
2018-08-15, 11:41 AM
That, ultimately, is my dilemma. Do I want to underperform to go with races that are less boring to play but will hit more often as well as be more survivable?
You've already said that you tend to roll low, so just accept that you won't be successful too often & choose a race that will be more fun to roleplay. Moon Druids are the class/archetype that is least dependant on their stats or race bonuses anyways.

I would actually recommend not choosing lizardfolk, as they seem to already have no issue eating the corpses of dead sentient beings, a proactive cannibal wouldn't actually appear that weird.

If you do choose that race, keep in mind that Hungry Jaws should work with any wildshape form that has a bite attack. The fluff description implies the quirk is an emotional state of mind, not a feature of their physiology.

Snowbluff
2018-08-15, 12:08 PM
Ghostwise halfling.
Good stat assignment
Lucky ability
Can talk in animal form

This is best race

This. Ghostwise is amazing.

samcifer
2018-08-15, 12:16 PM
I never found halflings, dwarves, gnomes, elves or half-elves appealing to play. I prefer more exotic races such as tieflings, half-orcs, dragonborn, firbolg, and more animalistic races that I find much more fun to play.

nickl_2000
2018-08-15, 12:20 PM
I never found halflings, dwarves, gnomes, elves or half-elves appealing to play. I prefer more exotic races such as tieflings, half-orcs, dragonborn, firbolg, and more animalistic races that I find much more fun to play.

Sounds to me like you have answered your own question then. Don't play VHuman, you are starting at level 8 so you don't need to worry about tier 1 differences. Play the Firbolg and have more fun with the character

samcifer
2018-08-15, 12:39 PM
Sounds to me like you have answered your own question then. Don't play VHuman, you are starting at level 8 so you don't need to worry about tier 1 differences. Play the Firbolg and have more fun with the character

Well, I could go firbolg and go 14 con, 16 Dec and 18 wis. I want a high wild score for attacking with cantrips and levelled spells when I need to as well as to increase my spell save dc.

Mortis_Elrod
2018-08-15, 01:51 PM
When in doubt, gator your way out.

Don’t forget to get cooking utensil proficiency.

Also spread out those skills. Outlander gives survival and athletics no need to grab survival from Druid. And Lizardfolk gives you more too.

Free skills + gator + cunning artisan= lots of good

Edit: also lizardman could be eating other lizard people alive. That’s enough to cast him out even in that society

Vingelot
2018-08-15, 02:13 PM
chaotic evil Lv. 8 moon druid cannibal

I bet he's great in parties, and will be much loved by all.

nickl_2000
2018-08-16, 07:08 AM
I bet he's great in parties

Of course he is, after all he is a party animal.

sambojin
2018-08-16, 07:14 AM
From those three, go Firbolg. Be 6'4". That lets you disguise yourself as any humanoid down to 3'4" and up to 7'4" (IE, pretty much anything). So they'll never know it was you that was chomping down them people.

As a giant constrictor snake. That looks like a halfling. That's eating a goliath.

(ps: Firbolg stuff *is* as good as it looks for a moon druid. It's totally good and powerful. Be fussed by it. It's even better if you're creative with it. They're also made out to be pretty feral in their intro text, even though they were made out the be hippy-love-children by the main text. Volo's thoughts on things compared to actual adventurers' reports are very different. They killed a green dragon and left the head, just to say "go away". And we'll never know what they did to or with the body.)

Vingelot
2018-08-16, 07:20 AM
Of course he is, after all he is a party animal.

haha, yeah it's always the CE ones that liven up the party.

Citan
2018-08-16, 08:43 AM

So which race would be best? The setting will be cities and some outdoor areas, but no lakes/oceans/seas/etc., so swim speed and holding breath will likely never come into play very much (unless there's smoke bombs, poison gas, etc.) I have 3 days left to decide, but am stumped on which to go with. If it helps, I an roleplay the liz' or 'bolg better than the human and I have clearer personalities for those two.
Hi!

Stout Halfling!

My vote goes for this, awesome concept (especially with the racial feature or feat, don't remember, that allows it to Hide behind a larger creature. I see a "hidden" Halfling munching on a creature he grappled in the back. XD

Fun too. ;)

Meh, what's the point if you lose the fun part? XD

Well, I have something to suggest to you, which is as far as I understand has a strong chance of being RAW-valid, but extremely cheesy (as a DM I would not allow it to work).
Elven race and get Elven Accuracy.
Per its wording, "Whenever you have advantage on an attack roll using Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma, you can reroll one of the dice once." So no restriction on how you make the actual weapon attack, or with what.
Wild Shape, per its wording, "You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so. However, you can't use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense."

So it's kinda the same deal as with Monk features, with though a slight difference making ruling more difficult.
As a DM, I'd say the fact it's a *racial* feat, meaning it's strongly tied to your humanoid form (as hint the name, racial requirement and fluff).
Then again, per RAW, the mechanical description of Elven Accuracy sets 0 physical or otherwise material requirement.

And for Monks, many people accept that it works with Wild Shape (included me, under some conditions though ^^).
So I'm pretty sure it would be a houserule on my part.
I see a difference that would make it much harder for me to accept for Elven Accuracy than for Monks though: Monks are features gained through hard work, so it's not mind-blowing to me that you can work harder to adapt them: after all, human or beast, the "internal energy" inside is of the same essence.
Whereas the racial feat, is well, racial, less something that "you acquired through effort" and rather "something you were lucky to be born with".

---
Anyways.
Considering your DM accepts, then it's simple: open with Faerie Fire / Entangle / Earth Tremor / whatever else can provide (if possible sustained) advantage on melee weapon attacks, Wild Shape as a DEX-based beast as a bonus action, enjoy. ;)

MaxWilson
2018-08-16, 08:51 AM
From those three, go Firbolg. Be 6'4". That lets you disguise yourself as any humanoid down to 3'4" and up to 7'4" (IE, pretty much anything). So they'll never know it was you that was chomping down them people.

Tip for Firbolgs and/or anyone with Disguise Self: someone who looks away from a Medusa in order to avoid being turned to stone suffers blindness penalties w/rt that Medusa (disadvantage on attacks, advantage to attacker).

...but what if it's not a real Medusa?

So, as a form of reverse psychology, disguise yourself as a Medusa in order to trick savvy foes into handicapping themselves.

samcifer
2018-08-16, 09:27 AM
Tip for Firbolgs and/or anyone with Disguise Self: someone who looks away from a Medusa in order to avoid being turned to stone suffers blindness penalties w/rt that Medusa (disadvantage on attacks, advantage to attacker).

...but what if it's not a real Medusa?

So, as a form of reverse psychology, disguise yourself as a Medusa in order to trick savvy foes into handicapping themselves.

Interesting... I'll have to remember that one. 😀

Exocist
2018-08-16, 09:33 AM
Meh, what's the point if you lose the fun part? XD

Yuan-Ti don't have paralyzing poison on their bite unfortunately, but you could definitely make it quite gruesome if you wanted to.

Imagine this: You best a foe in combat, leaving him helpless under your paralyzing poison. But you don't take the opportunity to kill him immediately. You are going to.... ahem... savour your meal so to say. Like a spider with a fly, you leave him nice and helpless, eating him piece by piece in order to ensure maximum freshness and quality on your produce. I've heard casters taste best, because they don't use their muscles that often they're actually quite tender. Martial characters might need to be slow cooked or boiled - maybe a bit harder to conserve for multiple sittings.

Bonus points if you use your snake tongue to lick them up and down, then comment on how delicious they taste.

Segev
2018-08-16, 09:35 AM
Indecisive about race? Level 8 Moon Druid? You can be any race you want! ...well, okay, not entirely, but you can be a Changeling to make your indecision an in-character trait!

What better way to be a psychopathic cannibal than to be able to turn into any race you're about to eat?

samcifer
2018-08-16, 10:12 AM
Okay, so looking over the list of spells Druids have, literally half of them (XGtE included) require concentration! Because of this, I think maybe going the following route with the firbolg would be more functional overall:

STR: 12 (+1 from race), Dex: 15, CON 13, INT: 11, WIS: 17 (+2 from race), CHA: 11

L4 = Resilient CON +1 making CON 14

L8 = Warcaster (for advantage to CON saves)

Next ASI = +1 DEX and +1 WIS (for added armor bonus (for lt. armor and +1 initiative) and +4 WIS mod for one more prepared spell as well as an extra +1 to spell attack rolls and saves.

This way I'll have +5 to CON saves with advantage and 17 AC (studded Leather or Hide armor and shield with +3 DEX mod for when I'm at range and not wild shaped.

ruy343
2018-08-16, 10:49 AM
... Why not just roll on the table for the Reincarnate spell?

Mongrel
2018-08-17, 03:14 AM
Flavor wise (ha, pun), gnoll would be PERFECT for this character concept. Sadly, there are no official rules for a gnoll as a PC in 5e... There exist homebrews online, maybe your DM would allow that? Most of the ones I've found were arguably op compared to the other playable races, but they can always be tweaked.

samcifer
2018-08-17, 03:38 AM
Flavor wise (ha, pun), gnoll would be PERFECT for this character concept. Sadly, there are no official rules for a gnoll as a PC in 5e... There exist homebrews online, maybe your DM would allow that? Most of the ones I've found were arguably op compared to the other playable races, but they can always be tweaked.

Sadly, no. Book-printed content only.

Dr. Cliché
2018-08-17, 07:48 AM
Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why they're a cannibal?

Flavor wise (ha, pun), gnoll would be PERFECT for this character concept.

As your avatar will attest. :smallbiggrin:

samcifer
2018-08-17, 11:07 AM
Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why they're a cannibal?

We're doing an evil campaign and wanting something different that can make a lot of attack rolls during a turn to increase me chances to hit, the idea of a cannibalisic summoning druid popped into my mind. Plus, if I can go up two more levels, I'll get elemental forms, which is something I've never gotten the chance to play before.

Mongrel
2018-08-17, 03:07 PM
Sadly, no. Book-printed content only.

*insert sad gnoll emoji here*

Too true, I do have a certain love for the race in all its forms lol. I've played many gnoll characters in my day. Never a cannibal druid though...might file that idea away =P

JDanton
2018-08-17, 07:14 PM
I'm not gonna bother with stats or numbers or anything cause I care more about the RP aspect and I suck at stat management. I'd really suggest shifter from the new Eberron guide, they get a bunch of cool features and mechanics and just go thematically with cannibal characters since they are basically lycanthropes. You could roleplay it as them having to fight their animal instinct and inpulses, slowly losing their humanity as they become more beast than man. Also shifters make for thematically appropriate druids since druids are closely linked to nature and animals and shifters take on animalistic attributes, I just think it could be pretty cool.

CTurbo
2018-08-17, 07:31 PM
Warforged and turn into mechanical animals! :cool:

samcifer
2018-08-17, 07:57 PM
Cool! DM will allow spiked armor... partily because our (birdpeople, forgot thier name) monk can add his claws dmg to his unarmed strikes and our asimar oathbreaker pally has polearm mastery + sentinel.

Beelzebubba
2018-08-18, 03:36 AM
I think the only way to be seriously evil/creepy with a cannibal with these options is to play the variant human.

I DM'd a player that did that with a halfling (and we home-brewed a 1d6 bite attack into her character gen) and it just didn't have much impact. She was like a cute little dog. It wasn't gross. It was funny.

If you play the Druid as relatively friendly and easygoing, then just going to town eating sentient creatures while in wild shape, then continuing to eat the body parts after shifting back to human, completely oblivious as to why that is even a problem, that might make for some awesome moments.

unholy_blaze
2018-08-20, 01:45 PM
Because of Wild Shape letting you use racial traits, my vote is for the Firbolg. Powerful Build while wild shaped into a huge creature for maximum lift! Quetzalcoatlus is a huge flyer with 80 speed (but only 30hp). You'd have an 1800lbs carrying capacity, 3600lbs if you cast Enhance Ability-Strength before Wild Shaping. See if your DM will let you grapple without "hands", swoop in and just grab your foes. Then fly far away from their friends and eat the up!

N810
2018-08-20, 02:15 PM
... We rolled for stats and I got 15, 15, 13, 12, 11, and 11.

Well, you could take regular human for +1 to every stat. [16, 16, 14, 13, 12, and 12] looks a lot better.

BaconAwesome
2018-08-20, 02:22 PM
Does your campaign allow UA materials? It doesn't help with optimizing, but variant human / gourmand might be worth it solely for the ...

... wait for it ...

... flavor!

samcifer
2018-08-20, 02:58 PM
Does your campaign allow UA materials? It doesn't help with optimizing, but variant human / gourmand might be worth it solely for the ...

... wait for it ...

... flavor!

*groans with a reluctant smile* Sadly, however, no, no US content. :(

We've already had our first session and the DM has allowed me to wear spiked armor, which, with a shield, grants me 18AC, which is pretty good.

We've had 2 battles so far. I summoned 8 wolves for the first as the DM ruled that no dinosaurs were in this homebrewed setting, so no velociraptors :(. The advantage on the wolves worked great for me and I was never attacked. In the second battle, I went late and had planned on summoning a Flaming Sphere until one of the cultists moved over and attacked me, but my high AC stopped the attack, so I wild Shaped into a brown bear and double attacked him, killing him in two rounds and only taking damage once.

Finger6842
2018-08-20, 04:06 PM
*groans with a reluctant smile* Sadly, however, no, no US content. :(

We've already had our first session and the DM has allowed me to wear spiked armor, which, with a shield, grants me 18AC, which is pretty good.

We've had 2 battles so far. I summoned 8 wolves for the first as the DM ruled that no dinosaurs were in this homebrewed setting, so no velociraptors :(. The advantage on the wolves worked great for me and I was never attacked. In the second battle, I went late and had planned on summoning a Flaming Sphere until one of the cultists moved over and attacked me, but my high AC stopped the attack, so I wild Shaped into a brown bear and double attacked him, killing him in two rounds and only taking damage once.

OK, but what race did you take?

samcifer
2018-08-20, 05:00 PM
OK, but what race did you take?

Firbolg, as I think I said above. :)