PDA

View Full Version : How are you dealing?

Emperor Ing
2007-09-13, 06:43 AM
Its been awhile since we got a new OOTS strip, as its on "Haitus" (Whatever that means). Now let's discuss, how are you dealing with this insane OOTS withdrawal? :smallamused: Found another funny webcomic? Internet games?

DISCUSS!!

Ancalagon
2007-09-13, 06:44 AM
We have a life? :)

Green Bean
2007-09-13, 06:54 AM
I've gnawed off my own leg! :smalleek:

Well, actually, I just keep myself busy with 'the real world'. I know, it's kind of weird, and I can't wait for OotS to start up again so I can go back to ignoring it. :smallbiggrin:

Spiryt
2007-09-13, 06:58 AM
I'm lurking trough Internet to find out what haitus is :smallyuk:

If you speak about hiatus, then Rich is on hiatus, not OotS.

Why there is so much accusation tone in your post?:smallconfused:

InfiniteMiller
2007-09-13, 08:27 AM
I'm not dealing very well at all. Every morning, I go into the Webcomics folder of my bookmarks and open all in tabs. And every time I come to the OotS tab I die a little inside, and then consult my calender for the date. 4 more days. :smallannoyed:

RAGE KING!
2007-09-13, 08:29 AM
Only 4! Yes!

I kinda forgotten about it mostly, as others above, I have a life.

T.Titan
2007-09-13, 08:34 AM
I'm obviously cutting my wrists.... :smalltongue:

Ancalagon
2007-09-13, 08:36 AM
I'm obviously cutting my wrists.... :smalltongue:

And how is that going to enable you to be able to read more Oots in the furture? Doesn't that end your ability to take part in this great comic finally and not for just a week or a month? :smallsmile:

Fawkes
2007-09-13, 09:46 AM
I've kinda gone about my life as usual. It's really not that big of a deal. Besides, college gives me enough crap to keep me plenty busy.

Ecalsneerg
2007-09-13, 09:47 AM
Well the day's before and after the return have kept me busy. My birthday, gaming conventions, the final book in the Rebus series... Halo 3 coming out of course.

Lots of stuff.

Alfryd
2007-09-13, 09:57 AM
Well, my plans for world domination have seen considerable progress in the interim, but, yeah, it's been tough.

FireDrake
2007-09-13, 10:24 AM
I've been filling my 'OotS-Time' with 'OotS-Forum-Time'. I hadn't posted here until Rich took his hiatus.

Wow...I'm really sad.:smallfrown:

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-13, 10:39 AM
I'm posting in "those" threads.

Kaelaroth
2007-09-13, 10:42 AM
I sit on my bed and cry about the meaningless of it all... then I hug my teddy, and it's all OK again. And then I remember! :smalleek:
Ah, 'tis a vicious circle... :smallfrown:

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-13, 11:05 AM
I'm in a new school so I don't have much time to think about anything else, but I also have discovered Looking For Group (a World of Warcraft webcomic), been spending more time with my parents (herecy!) post here (ya think?), sing (la-dee-dah), write (my heart froze and my blood ran cold as I laid my eyes upon the hideous abomination...), play guitar (no! not E Major, E MINOR!), exercise (except I sproinged something recently) watch TV (of course), read (just finished Dresden Files Book 3, it rocked), and much more.

So yeah, I'm dealing pretty well.

LM TR
2007-09-13, 11:05 AM
I tried some other ´bcomics:
8BIT: COOL
Goblins: sucks (except for Minmax)
RPGWorld: don´t know yet...

boomwolf
2007-09-13, 11:07 AM
i would be glad to give a right arm to have it continue.

not MY right arm...there are plenty around...no point wasting a good one...

but still...a right arm...

wojonatior
2007-09-13, 02:34 PM
:drinks on brain through straw:
need oots!!:smalleek:

Belkar Rocks
2007-09-13, 02:48 PM
From the bottom of the deck, whenever possible. :smallamused:

RAGE KING!
2007-09-13, 08:41 PM
nice. So am I.

I recently read SoD, what a good book!

However, it has slightly tarnished my image xykon. Sure he has a multitude of badass lines, but there a lot worse with redcloak and right-eye talking about how much of a bitch he is.

Generic PC
2007-09-13, 08:46 PM
hmm.

I kill people. and punch RAGE KING! that is about it, apart from real life of course.

StickMan
2007-09-13, 10:26 PM
I've been home brewing a lot oddly, and I think its cause I don't have any Oots to get my DND fix. I'm sadly not getting a lot of love on what I am home brewing, see Dragons thread in sig if you want to give me some love or even hate.

Dwarkanath
2007-09-13, 10:39 PM
I'm pining for the fjords.

Which is weird, since I've never been anywhere in Scandinavia nor am I a dead parrot...:smallconfused:

-- Dave

Hawriel
2007-09-13, 11:43 PM
Im doing home work and going to class inbetween playing Civ 4 beyond the sword.

Logic
2007-09-14, 12:49 AM
I debate with myself about what event I am more anxious about, the return of OOTS, or my return to the states. Besides, it's only 3 days away now.

Caractacus
2007-09-14, 05:50 AM
My university courses have started, so I have lots of preparation to do for the students and so forth...but it's a little sad that I don't have Ootsy goodness to reward myself with every couple of days... :smalltongue:

On the other hand, I comfort myself with the thought that Rich should have benefited greatly from the break, and hopefully has been able to get on top of his health problems. This way, he is in better shape and Oots will be on top form when it returns.

I have the F1 race at Spa (great circuit!) to keep me going over the weekend, and then... The Return of the Stick! :smallcool:

T.Titan
2007-09-14, 06:13 AM
And how is that going to enable you to be able to read more Oots in the furture? Doesn't that end your ability to take part in this great comic finally and not for just a week or a month? :smallsmile:

Well i'm not cutting them along the veins...

Kurald Galain
2007-09-14, 08:02 AM
I'm pining for the fnords.

Vulion
2007-09-14, 10:29 AM
College is pretty good at keeping a guy busy.

NerfTW
2007-09-14, 10:45 AM
I tried some other ´bcomics:
8BIT: COOL
Goblins: sucks (except for Minmax)
RPGWorld: don´t know yet...

Goblins has a bit of a pacing problem, brought about by what appears to be no plot planned ahead.

RPGWorld, last I checked was dropped without comment in the middle of a major plot point two years ago. He started back up this year with a month of comics, then quit again.

Read Adventurers (http://www.adventurers-comic.com/) for a laugh. It's over now, but it wrapped up properly. A warning, though, since it was a gag a day strip first and foremost, reading through the archives makes it painfully clear that the "final battle" took 2 years to complete. Not noticeable at the time, but in retrospect you might be cursing the constant distractions.

Also, there's WTF comics (http://www.wtfcomics.com). But it's heavy on the Everquest references.

Prince_Rohan
2007-09-14, 10:56 AM
First, I started talking to my co-workers and found they are either secretly going through their own OOTS withdraw issues or they are as depressing a bunch as I imagined them to be.

I then tried a cocaine habit, but unfortunately it didn't take.

Now I widdle away the hours trying to determine the answer to the age old question of how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.

...If September 17th comes first, the world may never know.

John Campbell
2007-09-14, 01:07 PM
Goblins has a bit of a pacing problem, brought about by what appears to be no plot planned ahead.

The main problem Goblins has, IMAO, is the artist's desire to show every single cool move his characters make in combat, moment by moment. It'd work in animation, with a cage full of drawing slaves to fill in the between-frames, but in a once-a-week-if-you're-lucky comic strip, it means that entire strips are dedicated to showing a single character's single maneuver (and sometimes even then the limitations of static panels make it unclear what's actually supposed to be happening), so combat rounds take weeks, and fights are dragged out over months on end. And then you throw in a second storyline, which is doing the same thing with different characters...

NerfTW
2007-09-14, 01:58 PM
Plus, the way magic items just "show up" without warning is a tad annoying. First the sphere, then the axe, both with paragraphs of background along with the note that they instantly convey this information to the wielder.

Neat concept, poor storytelling. The man needs an editor and a plot outline.

Bayar
2007-09-14, 02:26 PM
I am dealing fine.You should try The Town yourself!