PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 - Spell that crams a spellcaster's conciousness into a magic item?

unseenmage
2018-08-15, 07:20 PM
IIRC what I'm remembering is from the WotC archives. I thought it was in the Wyrms of the North articles but maybe not.

The spell I remember forces a victim spellcaster's conciousness into a magic item forcing it to become an Intelligent Magic Item.

Troacctid
2018-08-15, 07:40 PM
The only spell like this that I know of is Nybor's Psychic Imprint, but that only lets you do it to someone else, not yourself.

There's an epic feat that lets you inhabit an item when you die...?

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-08-15, 07:44 PM
If the caster is undead (or can cast the veil of undeath spell), haunt shift would work, I think.

Also, metamorphosis can turn the manifester into an object. So long as the effect lasts long enough and the object is masterwork, you should be able to magically enhance it.

And I think my Let Me Touch Your Skin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook/page11&p=23285432#post23285432) trick would count, albeit only on a technicality. It'd mesh well with the metamorphosis trick above, though.

[edit] You could also dispel and then polymorph any object a magic item into a creature, manifest mind seed on it, let it germinate, and then dispel the polymorph effect. Add awaken object somewhere in the list for better results.

unseenmage
2018-08-15, 10:14 PM
The only spell like this that I know of is Nybor's Psychic Imprint, but that only lets you do it to someone else, not yourself.

There's an epic feat that lets you inhabit an item when you die...?
Nybor's Psychic Imprint was exactly what I was remembering. Thank you!

As to in imprinting one's own self, anything is possible with enough minionmancy. :smallbiggrin:

sleepyphoenixx
2018-08-16, 01:08 AM
There is also the Steelsteal (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wn/20030618a) power from the Wyrms of the North articles.