PDA

View Full Version : Player Help So my party came into 52,109,263.488 gp each.. I have no idea what the hell to buy

Holya
2018-08-16, 01:31 AM
Like the title says. My party came into 52,109,263.488gp each.. Mainly because we are at the end of the campaign for the most part and because we just finished raiding the horde of a Red dragon who is the son of a god.. No divine ranks on him but high as hell CR.. Our next target to kill is his chaotic evil Father who runs his own country and we are being lead to believe has some form of divine rank since he is called a 'god' by other dragons..

So with the back story at least partially explained.. Does anyone have any idea what the hell I should spend this on? I thought a fort but that would be pointless this late in the game since we aren't really coming back to this setting anytime soon. I figured potentially a +20 weapon since I'm pretty good on terms of AC.. But really any suggestions because if this was over the course of a game I could work with it.. But this much money at once is kinda making me flounder on just what the hell to do with it besides item fusing with the combining item rules and a few other things like mentioned above pumping my weapon to a +20 with abilities.

inuyasha
2018-08-16, 01:44 AM
Invest it into building a tremendous stronghold of impenetrable metals and do what old-school characters did with one percent of that kind of money; retire as the king of a new large city that you can feasibly build up paying for new buildings and landscaping.

Whatever's left after your god-king palace and its surrounding architecture are erected can then go towards the formation of guilds, that kind of money can surely make a prestigious school of magic a reality, as well as an adventurer's guild inspired by you.

Then, if playing kings and queens gets boring, ask your DM about playing members of these villages and guilds that your former PCs have formed, starting a new campaign at a lower, less broken level, while periodically going back to the royal characters to make neat political decisions.

Holya
2018-08-16, 01:53 AM
Invest it into building a tremendous stronghold of impenetrable metals and do what old-school characters did with one percent of that kind of money; retire as the king of a new large city that you can feasibly build up paying for new buildings and landscaping.

Whatever's left after your god-king palace and its surrounding architecture are erected can then go towards the formation of guilds, that kind of money can surely make a prestigious school of magic a reality, as well as an adventurer's guild inspired by you.

Then, if playing kings and queens gets boring, ask your DM about playing members of these villages and guilds that your former PCs have formed, starting a new campaign at a lower, less broken level, while periodically going back to the royal characters to make neat political decisions.

I would do that but this campaign or more so the world it is in maaaay get.. Erased.. The campaign after this is set in the past and the DM has already said certain actions will alter the 'present' yes most of our campaigns got weird rick and morty level time **** going on or other things. I also thought about that but my character in particular has a agenda which involves killing a concept which in this setting is a pesudo deity that is ALOT harder to kill but when you do you replace them.

That and my DM has banned me from ever playing base/city builder again.. All because of that one time I sent him a sixty two page report on a guild my character wanted to make.. So it had twelve floors, was able to be entirely self reliant, and could potentially survive the heat death of the universe.. I build to last damn it.

inuyasha
2018-08-16, 02:00 AM
I would do that but this campaign or more so the world it is in maaaay get.. Erased.. The campaign after this is set in the past and the DM has already said certain actions will alter the 'present' yes most of our campaigns got weird rick and morty level time **** going on or other things. I also thought about that but my character in particular has a agenda which involves killing a concept which in this setting is a pesudo deity that is ALOT harder to kill but when you do you replace them.

That and my DM has banned me from ever playing base/city builder again.. All because of that one time I sent him a sixty two page report on a guild my character wanted to make.. So it had twelve floors, was able to be entirely self reliant, and could potentially survive the heat death of the universe.. I build to last damn it.

Oh

So your DM gave you lots of gold and you can't do something... practical with it. :smallfrown:

The time shenanigans I get though. What's the cosmology of your campaign like? I feel like with that much gold, you can get some higher powers involved

Or do basically what I described before, but in Sigil instead.

Holya
2018-08-16, 02:13 AM
Oh

So your DM gave you lots of gold and you can't do something... practical with it. :smallfrown:

The time shenanigans I get though. What's the cosmology of your campaign like? I feel like with that much gold, you can get some higher powers involved

Or do basically what I described before, but in Sigil instead.

Funny story.. My chaotic good character.. Was banned from sigil.. Partially because of a misunderstanding.. And partially because he has Touch of Golden Ice and it does says touch which means handshakes and stuff.. I am toxic to anything with the evil alignment..

Also he is fine with practical I just over do it when it comes to base building. That and he feels like it would be me wasting money to do something which may depending on how the other campaign goes will be erased from existence.

Though getting into the cosmology its pretty much all the gods and etc from 3.5e with a few homebrew gods here and there and the concepts. Honestly I love the setting and how fluid/just how well it works. Just wish my DM had more time to really flesh out some of the things.

So what options do I have? I mean I know I can just go item crazy.. Or other random stuff.. OR I could buy me a army.. But beyond that? I really have no idea where to start with this kind of cash. I mean I get why he gave us this much. This has been a dragon who has not been raided in six or more centuries. Has a army of kobolds, a entire land mass region to itself for the kobolds to strip mine. While it also raids the ever living hell out of dwarves and the halfling villages that are close enough for it to fly too in a few days..

So any other suggestions? I mean if I wasn't banned from Sigil or more so going back will probably have unforeseen results since We kinda jumped ship out of sigil before the city guard could get involved but their were a lot of witnesses and my character.. Sticks out like a sore thumb being a Weresnake Whisper gnome. I would love the idea of setting up a multi planar trading guild or adventure guild.

Troacctid
2018-08-16, 02:39 AM
All your items are intelligent items with the maximum allowed number of powers!

Holya
2018-08-16, 02:46 AM
All your items are intelligent items with the maximum allowed number of powers!

That.. Actually sounds hilarious.. I mean I've had a item familiar before.. But a entire array of Intelligent items would be something new. Any other ideas just encase my DM doesn't want me having a entire family of intelligent items with me.

unseenmage
2018-08-16, 03:42 AM
That.. Actually sounds hilarious.. I mean I've had a item familiar before.. But a entire array of Intelligent items would be something new. Any other ideas just encase my DM doesn't want me having a entire family of intelligent items with me.

Just beware, in their descriptions it says they're often desperately jealous of one another if possessed by the same owner. To the point they'll start actively trying to interfere with one another with you caught in the middle.

Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.

EDIT: Is PF material on the table?

Troacctid
2018-08-16, 03:49 AM
Just beware, in their descriptions it says they're often desperately jealous of one another if possessed by the same owner. To the point they'll start actively trying to interfere with one another with you caught in the middle.

When you prefaced this with "beware," I was expecting you to point out a downside. 😃

Peat
2018-08-16, 05:32 AM
Hire an entire wizard's guild to come cast buff spells and scrolls on you before the final encounter?

Ellrin
2018-08-16, 05:50 AM
So bases and cities are out, fine. What about transportation? Start with Kit from Nightrider and work up from there. Make the ultimate in defensible and comfortable transit service. Something that can fly, burrow, travel over and under water, planeshift at will. Equip it with sensors for every occasion. Hire some demi-gods to serve as drivers/protection. Pimp it out with a portable wardrobe full of utility gadgetry worthy of James Bond. Line it with lead and put a few different demiplanes in. Add a garden, and maybe a bathroom designed by Bergholt Stuttley Johnson. I dunno, you can pretty much make the Tardis with that much gold.

Nifft
2018-08-16, 08:29 AM

I'd be surprised if this isn't already a show.

Bronk
2018-08-16, 08:53 AM
You could create and trick out your own demiplane, or start renting out space in Union, with money left over to pay for security.

You could also get a Gate Key and set up a series of save points for yourself.

tricktroller
2018-08-16, 08:57 AM
1000 mice with whatever caster level you can afford death throes cast on all of them. Gift to big bad, cast power word kill on one mouse. Hilarity ensues. No save, no sr, 1d8 per caster level damage per mouse.

Quertus
2018-08-16, 09:02 AM
So, spending that much money seems all but impossible. But let's try anyway.

Let's say that you hire Quertus, my signature academia mage, for whom this account is named. And he outsources anything he can't do himself. What could you get? Hmmm...

Let's start with buff spells, cast at obscene levels. And buff "spells" that are immune to Disjunction. But that's just chump change.

How about wonder architecture that casts those buff spells? (Energy Transformation Field shenanigans would probably be cheaper, but, with this much money, who cares?)

Let's add in an army, sure. Actually, five armies.

The first would be standard mercenaries, straight out of the DMG. The second would be Maugg. The third slaves (freed, most likely, given your alignment). The fourth, constructs (and undead? How does your character feel about undead?) The fifth is Simulacra.

Now, I know that you're generally banned from creating strongholds, but you'll need someplace to keep that architecture. Buy a single room that casts Gate on you every round (from both the prime material and the astral, so that you should be a valid target for one of them). Since they are calling you by name, you can simply choose not to go unless you want to. Then have the architecture live in the hallways off that room.

Give this room flying, planar travel, heal - whatever cool stuff you want. Then give it 20,000 mile thick walls. With a maze of hallways leading out. Commission the creation of a few permanent Teleportation Circles for quicker access to the outside. Buy - and free - millions of slaves, and let them live on your outer walls; ie, on the surface of the planet that you've created. Have some resetting traps of Create Food and Water there for them. You can literally and figuratively the Heart of the Planet. Have the inhabitants worship you as a god. Gain divine rank as the god of Freedom and Patron of the Arts.

Oh, and Quertus can craft you some items, too. :smallwink:

Maybe, if you take Quertus up on this offer, he can finally get out of debt.

As an added bonus, in the event of the History Eraser Button, Quertus can simply use Teleport Through Time to have you (and maybe your whole world? I'm still working on that one) arrive before the temporal disturbance that would have erased you. So, you know, this stuff might actually matter.

If you're interested, I'll work up pricing. Goods can be delivered as early as yesterday.

GrayDeath
2018-08-16, 09:38 AM
Even if you are chaotic good, try and make a Contract with mechanus to provide the members of your Family tree with eternal protection by Inevetables and similarly powerful, ever watchful beings, toa start with.

have an Army of them champion a cause you hold in high regard (that isnt chaotic), but wording needs to be precise for that.

Pay Mechanus to craft you a citysized Battle mech to control (with all the bells and wistles), that is immune against any alignment based powers but that of Mechanus (and due to you being the contractor, unless youa ttack them they wont attack you^^), and kick the demigod laughable dragons ass, ergo win.

With the about 40% of the money left, enjoy your retirement.

PunBlake
2018-08-16, 09:44 AM

The closest show that comes to mind is Noragami.

Key differences: The people with the intelligent items are gods (I mean, high level D&D characters aren't that far off), and all the items can PAO themselves into a specific human form (and back): the form of the soul used to create them.

Side note: I may want to use this use-someone's-soul system for a substitute for XP in magic item creation in a future campaign. Need to remember that one.

noob
2018-08-16, 09:52 AM
The closest show that comes to mind is Noragami.

Key differences: The people with the intelligent items are gods (I mean, high level D&D characters aren't that far off), and all the items can PAO themselves into a specific human form (and back): the form of the soul used to create them.

Side note: I may want to use this use-someone's-soul system for a substitute for XP in magic item creation in a future campaign. Need to remember that one.

There is pathfinder fluff about how souls can be used in the creation of intelligent items and how it is mostly done by evil outsiders.

Andor13
2018-08-16, 09:57 AM
That is something like 5 times the total amount of available gold on Earth. Each. Just for some perspective.

What can you buy?

Pretty much anything, get yourself a Hello Kitty Deathstar staffed by clones of Nicole Kidman. Or whatever floats your boat.

ericgrau
2018-08-16, 10:04 AM
Every non-epic item just to start out. Then from there you figure out the epic items. No really. Look at the non-weapon and armor tables in the DMG or MIC and add up the gp. Scrolls/wands/potions too. Get a rough description and a reference source to leaf through your options for every scenario, because you really do have an answer to everything. If you want to spend more time then browse through them to pick out the utility ones, get duplicates of certain ones and take notes but that takes a while. Do get sufficient magical bags even if you don't get into detail.

What level is the group? That's actually not that crazy gold for level 40-50. For level 20, yeah. But if you're level 20 and there are NPCs who can craft epic items, why are you the ones saving the world?

Peat
2018-08-16, 10:36 AM
Even if you are chaotic good, try and make a Contract with mechanus to provide the members of your Family tree with eternal protection by Inevetables and similarly powerful, ever watchful beings, toa start with.

If I was a GM, I'd enthusiastically agree with this, then run the next campaign as the PCs trying to take down a genocidal maniac protected by Inevitables.

Quertus
2018-08-16, 10:46 AM
I forgot all about having an army through paying for Planar Binding. Or, heck, Greater Planar Ally, from the god of Freedom, Time, Paradox, and Patron of the Arts (ie, yourself). Or Gate. Whatever makes you happy.

Holya
2018-08-16, 01:44 PM
So, spending that much money seems all but impossible. But let's try anyway.

Let's say that you hire Quertus, my signature academia mage, for whom this account is named. And he outsources anything he can't do himself. What could you get? Hmmm...

Let's start with buff spells, cast at obscene levels. And buff "spells" that are immune to Disjunction. But that's just chump change.

How about wonder architecture that casts those buff spells? (Energy Transformation Field shenanigans would probably be cheaper, but, with this much money, who cares?)

Let's add in an army, sure. Actually, five armies.

The first would be standard mercenaries, straight out of the DMG. The second would be Maugg. The third slaves (freed, most likely, given your alignment). The fourth, constructs (and undead? How does your character feel about undead?) The fifth is Simulacra.

Now, I know that you're generally banned from creating strongholds, but you'll need someplace to keep that architecture. Buy a single room that casts Gate on you every round (from both the prime material and the astral, so that you should be a valid target for one of them). Since they are calling you by name, you can simply choose not to go unless you want to. Then have the architecture live in the hallways off that room.

Give this room flying, planar travel, heal - whatever cool stuff you want. Then give it 20,000 mile thick walls. With a maze of hallways leading out. Commission the creation of a few permanent Teleportation Circles for quicker access to the outside. Buy - and free - millions of slaves, and let them live on your outer walls; ie, on the surface of the planet that you've created. Have some resetting traps of Create Food and Water there for them. You can literally and figuratively the Heart of the Planet. Have the inhabitants worship you as a god. Gain divine rank as the god of Freedom and Patron of the Arts.

Oh, and Quertus can craft you some items, too. :smallwink:

Maybe, if you take Quertus up on this offer, he can finally get out of debt.

As an added bonus, in the event of the History Eraser Button, Quertus can simply use Teleport Through Time to have you (and maybe your whole world? I'm still working on that one) arrive before the temporal disturbance that would have erased you. So, you know, this stuff might actually matter.

If you're interested, I'll work up pricing. Goods can be delivered as early as yesterday.

Alexander Escobar Escargo is perfectly fine with undead. He currently has a undead Kensai. But yes price this up please. This will be hilarious and even funner when my DM realized.. I didn't lie. I build characters that will find a way to survive.. Even if they don't know that a doomsday event is coming. So yeah price it out man and go wild. Well as wild as you can with the gold amount. Hell if you want to talk with the others who posted you can. The more interesting and thought out the better my good sir? Or Madam.

Vanvu
2018-08-16, 02:01 PM
So, I'm that undead Kensai he was talking about. I'm just gonna buy tomes to increase my strength and charisma by 5, a belt of magnificence +6 and enchant my armor a bit. OP can have the rest of my share. Our DM has overdone this dragon's hoard a bit considering we just reached level 15, hasn't he? XD

GrayDeath
2018-08-16, 02:17 PM
Yeah, a bit.

If a bit is the mass difference between our sun and a Neutron Star. ^^

Holya
2018-08-16, 02:22 PM
Well this might be the last loot drop we get for this campaign as we have the Son of the god dragon is the boss we are about to fight. Then his dad which is a actual god. And then one final boss. Each boss encounter by out DM is going to be giving us 2 levels and a the fight against a concept. So yeah its.. Alot of money but I think it is meant to carry us the rest of the way to level 20.

Bronk
2018-08-16, 02:39 PM
So, I'm that undead Kensai he was talking about. I'm just gonna buy tomes to increase my strength and charisma by 5, a belt of magnificence +6 and enchant my armor a bit. OP can have the rest of my share. Our DM has overdone this dragon's hoard a bit considering we just reached level 15, hasn't he? XD

I'd suggest at least getting a ring of Universal Energy Immunity as well, just in case.

Nifft
2018-08-16, 02:48 PM

IIRC there are rules for sacrificing people to get craft XP in the BoVD, and also a rule about using a soul for 10 XP worth of item creation -- which seems a bit low, but at least it's a starting point.

I really like the idea that a dying NPC could take possession of an item as a non-evil immortality gambit.

martixy
2018-08-16, 03:13 PM
> Time shenanigans
> Extreme monty hauling

Er... yea.

That said, pick a thing you lack and acquire it.
Depending on what's allowed in your game, that kind of money opens a lot of doors.
A deluxe shopping spree around here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items) would be just the start.
Slotless magical items, stacking effects. Paying for contingent spells. Paying for rituals to acquire templates. Epic level magic. Land, castles, armies, exotic materials, exotic locales, exotic services, exotic servants.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-08-16, 04:31 PM
At least do this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook/page11&p=23285432#post23285432).

And pump the ML up to max to prevent dispels.

RoboEmperor
2018-08-16, 04:39 PM
As many Rod of Excellent Magics as possible.

Demidos
2018-08-16, 05:53 PM
Pay 5 million commoners 10 gp each to worship you, become a middling-powerful deity.

Use the rest of your absurd 2 million GP to buy slotless items off the deluxe items list of necessary items linked previously. Equip whatever else you feel like. Obviously, you should focus on stuff the boosts saves, AC, and getting a shadow cloak combined with a starmantle cloak, because both those items are absurdly broken. Don't forget the item of permanent mindblank and the items to block dispels/disjunctions.

Endril
2018-08-16, 06:48 PM
Like the title says. My party came into 52,109,263.488gp each.... Does anyone have any idea what the hell I should spend this on?

When you say you aren't coming back to the campaign, I hope you mean your character is going off-world. If you actually took the time to spend 52 million gold only to stop playing the character, that would be pretty lame. And in addition to a few tricks, the obvious has already been mentioned. I'd first look at the list of necessary magic items that's floating around here and get the best version of everything, plus whatever you want from the epic book. You mentioned a +20 weapon, but you can actually afford up to +50. And something like bracers of relentless might could help, but I'd need to know more about your character.

Is there a way for you to take epic spellcasting? If so, you could buy stone tablets with some creative epic spells on them, and then learn them. Find ways to mitigate the DC down, and a caster level of 30+ makes dispel magic and antimagic field not matter. Get a dispel effect with a crazy high CL, or a ward effect that makes you immune to the first 100 or so points of damage. Lots of ways to abuse that. And if you can't, maybe someone else in the party can?

Holya
2018-08-16, 07:00 PM
When you say you aren't coming back to the campaign, I hope you mean your character is going off-world. If you actually took the time to spend 52 million gold only to stop playing the character, that would be pretty lame. And in addition to a few tricks, the obvious has already been mentioned. I'd first look at the list of necessary magic items that's floating around here and get the best version of everything, plus whatever you want from the epic book. You mentioned a +20 weapon, but you can actually afford up to +50. And something like bracers of relentless might could help, but I'd need to know more about your character.

Is there a way for you to take epic spellcasting? If so, you could buy stone tablets with some creative epic spells on them, and then learn them. Find ways to mitigate the DC down, and a caster level of 30+ makes dispel magic and antimagic field not matter. Get a dispel effect with a crazy high CL, or a ward effect that makes you immune to the first 100 or so points of damage. Lots of ways to abuse that. And if you can't, maybe someone else in the party can?

Its more so the campaign after this one is set in the Past of this campaign and depending on how we do things it could and more then likely will drastically alter the 'present'. We have a bit of a history with Time muckery since my DM is a bit of a fan of dark souls. So overlapping time streams and such are fairly common.

Also my Character is a mix of a few classes but sadly none of them have casting. I focused on being insanely hard to hit and stupidly good at hiding. Currently have a +40 mod as a level 15 and yes this gold was given to me and the rest of the party as we each got the same amount. But my Ac is 50 right now thanks to a mixture of being a weresnake, whisper gnome, and monk dip. Along side stupidly good rolls for my character creation.

I mean there is a early suggestion which I personally like with the making my own planet and then the teleport through time spell to make myself a paradox and ensure even if the past changes I am not erased. Dragging along a fellow party member who is a Kensai and swore himself to me would be nice as well. If he figures out how to drag the planet along that would be even better. The Kensai player has also told me I get all the gold he doesn't spend on manuals and tomes along side one or two booster items. That and Item wise? I can't really think of anything to give my character who is mainly unarmed attacks because it just seems like I'm throwing bigger numbers on it. Sure Rider effects are just oh so nice but the idea of a God empire planet that I funded and am the god of sounds just oh so fun as well. The Mechanus contract idea sounds awesome too..

Right now I'm waiting to see how Quertus prices out the planet and other things. Though personal buffs at the moment are kinda.. Useless for me since I have magic immunity and if I remember right I can't benefit from any magic cast on me. I know I can still use magic items just no spells.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-08-16, 08:55 PM
Buy stuff to turn you into a caster. An at-will item for all the spells and psionic powers you want. Use DnDTools to figure out how many spells and powers exist of each level and buy that many.

And don't forget to make it as a device, from Ravenloft: Legacy of the Blood, for (Ex) spells.

Andor13
2018-08-16, 10:34 PM
You know, never mind counting it out, how do you spend that much loot? I don't mean "what should I spend it on?" I mean, how do you move it around to throw it at people? That is a billion pounds of gold. It's not straining the seams of your bag of holding, it's straining the compression strength of the bedrock where it's piled up.

unseenmage
2018-08-16, 10:52 PM
You know, never mind counting it out, how do you spend that much loot? I don't mean "what should I spend it on?" I mean, how do you move it around to throw it at people? That is a billion pounds of gold. It's not straining the seams of your bag of holding, it's straining the compression strength of the bedrock where it's piled up.
I used a system of multiple Planar Ring Gates (PlH) and Enveloping Pits (MIC) with Crawling Claws (MC:MoF, LEoF) as gofers.

Another option is a Resetting Magic Trap of Fabricate plus Minor Servitor (SS) to make the gold go spend itself.

Additionally Greater Plane Shift plus Greater Teleport should allow you to access every metropolis across the planes and utilize their purchase limits. I recommend allowing these to reset by season.

Also, look into the Mercane, an extraplanar race of merchants. They should be more than happy to help you buy stuff en masse.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-08-16, 10:54 PM
Enveloping pits don't have a weight limit.

Quertus
2018-08-16, 11:08 PM
Alexander Escobar Escargo is perfectly fine with undead. He currently has a undead Kensai. But yes price this up please. This will be hilarious and even funner when my DM realized.. I didn't lie. I build characters that will find a way to survive.. Even if they don't know that a doomsday event is coming. So yeah price it out man and go wild. Well as wild as you can with the gold amount. Hell if you want to talk with the others who posted you can. The more interesting and thought out the better my good sir? Or Madam.

Sir. At least ostensibly. Both myself and Quertus.

It's been a while since the neutral Quertus worked with people who would accept undead. Oh, and would Alexander Escobar Escargo have any problems with, say, some of the people Quertus would outsource to and/or have as financial advisors being blatantly evil?

Either way I'll see if I can get anything priced and written tomorrow.

OK, so, there's a decimal point, so, that's over 100 billion to work with, not 100 trillion, right?

Either way, that's almost certainly more money than all my D&D characters together have seen.

Well this might be the last loot drop we get for this campaign as we have the Son of the god dragon is the boss we are about to fight. Then his dad which is a actual god. And then one final boss. Each boss encounter by out DM is going to be giving us 2 levels and a the fight against a concept. So yeah its.. Alot of money but I think it is meant to carry us the rest of the way to level 20.

Do your characters know this to tell Quertus these details?

Pay 5 million commoners 10 gp each to worship you, become a middling-powerful deity.

Use the rest of your absurd 2 million GP to buy slotless items off the deluxe items list of necessary items linked previously. Equip whatever else you feel like. Obviously, you should focus on stuff the boosts saves, AC, and getting a shadow cloak combined with a starmantle cloak, because both those items are absurdly broken. Don't forget the item of permanent mindblank and the items to block dispels/disjunctions.

5 million worshippers is only middling powerful?

Well, divine rank 1 is sufficient to protect against certain divine powers, right?

I mean there is a early suggestion which I personally like with the making my own planet and then the teleport through time spell to make myself a paradox and ensure even if the past changes I am not erased. Dragging along a fellow party member who is a Kensai and swore himself to me would be nice as well. If he figures out how to drag the planet along that would be even better. The Kensai player has also told me I get all the gold he doesn't spend on manuals and tomes along side one or two booster items. That and Item wise? I can't really think of anything to give my character who is mainly unarmed attacks because it just seems like I'm throwing bigger numbers on it. Sure Rider effects are just oh so nice but the idea of a God empire planet that I funded and am the god of sounds just oh so fun as well. The Mechanus contract idea sounds awesome too..

Right now I'm waiting to see how Quertus prices out the planet and other things. Though personal buffs at the moment are kinda.. Useless for me since I have magic immunity and if I remember right I can't benefit from any magic cast on me. I know I can still use magic items just no spells.

Glad you like the idea. :smallbiggrin:

For the record, getting you and the kensai back in time is trivial. Getting the planet back in time is... harder. Although... it could simply be created in the past? Would that work for you?

Magic immunity only prevents magic buffs. Those which are immune to Disjunction by virtue of not being magical should still work just fine.

skunk3
2018-08-17, 02:03 AM
Well I am assuming that you are well into epic levels. In that case money is almost irrelevant. Really at this point it just matters what class you are playing. What I would do is have every item slot filled with highly customized items that essentially combine all of the best properties from virtually every single item of that slot type known to exist, including epic items. I would also pay for dozens upon dozens of contingent spells to be crafted and cast upon me. I would craft the most absurdly powerful weapon(s) I can think of. I'd have a constellation of protected ioun stones flying around my head, including custom-made ones. Rather than develop armies I would instead become an army... no, basically a god. I'd focus on becoming utterly untouchable and basically omnipotent. I would also obviously buy the most powerful tomes for every stat and boost all of my stats as high as possible, and then get something like a belt of magnificence to bump it even higher... and I'd turn that normal +6 bonus into something way higher. Even after all of the gear is paid for you're still going to be left with an obscene amount of wealth. With the rest of the money I would attempt to contact all gods of a favorable alignment and offer to aid their followers in any way you can with wealth, materials, whatever. In exchange they will aid you in your time of need, and you would explain what's on the line. I would also ask them to grant me with special templates to further boost my powers. I would also find some way to become a spellcaster if not one already and dump a ton of money into developing epic magics.

Honestly this whole thought experiment is hard to even fathom because that's just a ridiculous amount of money. How powerful can this 'final boss' be if everyone in the party is given that much wealth? Just one of these PC's with that much wealth would be more than able to become 'god' of basically any other normal campaign. With that much money you should be able to single-handedly taken on almost any challenge imaginable.

Rynjin
2018-08-17, 02:30 AM

It's called Chairem Anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYXHnkhRwCY

It has two sequels and a movie. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEfFy-uZ8_g)

Holya
2018-08-17, 03:19 AM
Sir. At least ostensibly. Both myself and Quertus.

It's been a while since the neutral Quertus worked with people who would accept undead. Oh, and would Alexander Escobar Escargo have any problems with, say, some of the people Quertus would outsource to and/or have as financial advisors being blatantly evil?

Either way I'll see if I can get anything priced and written tomorrow.

OK, so, there's a decimal point, so, that's over 100 billion to work with, not 100 trillion, right?

Either way, that's almost certainly more money than all my D&D characters together have seen.

Do your characters know this to tell Quertus these details?

5 million worshippers is only middling powerful?

Well, divine rank 1 is sufficient to protect against certain divine powers, right?

Glad you like the idea. :smallbiggrin:

For the record, getting you and the kensai back in time is trivial. Getting the planet back in time is... harder. Although... it could simply be created in the past? Would that work for you?

Magic immunity only prevents magic buffs. Those which are immune to Disjunction by virtue of not being magical should still work just fine.

My character in particular doesn't know what they will find at the lair of the God we are going to go murder after killing his kid. There is a good chance we will get more loot. Or their might not be any lot. So I would treat the value you currently have as our 'end' gold my good Sir.

About the total amount I am currently going to go and assume that it is a decimal meaning we have some silver pieces since it was a horde that was split between the party and we are currently a uneven numbered party. So yeah its probably 488 silver pieces.

As long as you don't directly introduce Alexander to your backers he won't have a problem. Its more the fact that he is a friendly sort and will try to give them a handshake or some other form of physical contact that would cause issues. After all we have a lawful evil in the party and Alexander has only paralyzed him once! After that they became good friends even if Alexander does give him the thousand yard pity stare.

I am also perfectly fine with making the planet in the pass since I'm going to assume Gate or even Gate key's can potentially make doorways through time as the portals are only ever given the restraint of you having to have known the location and have been there at least once. So Planet fortress in the pass is perfectly good for me.

Also Alexander is a bit paranoid so he would express his desire to ensure his home since he has never properly had one would last.. Forever.. After all being the monstrosity he is doesn't see many places willing to accept him and with his.. Flaws it would be best to have a nice peaceful lush fortress world to go home to and have people who appreciate him and adore him to dot on.

But really thank you for being willing to stat this all out since this means my DM can't get mad at me because I wasn't the one who made a fortress, planet, guild, etc. This time. Oh and I might be getting a third party member in on this.. So you may have even more money to work with.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-08-17, 08:06 AM
GodNot capitalized when you're using it like this.

The More You Know! *Star!*

Ahem.

Does anyone know how many spells and powers are in all WotC products at each level? Unfortunately, all the sources I have for that list all the copies of each effect (such as all of the identical copies of the two curse of lycanthropy spells, which have been reprinted numerous times). Makes it difficult to get an accurate count, since you have to account for both multiple copies of the same spell and same-named spells with entirely different effects.

Though I guess you could just call a genie with Supernatural Transformation (Three Wishes) and use that to get the at-will device of all spells and powers for much cheaper, but that feels like cheating -- not that it really matters, I suppose. But at least then you could just look up spells as you want to use them on the fly without worrying if you missed one somewhere.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2018-08-17, 01:23 PM
Not capitalized when you're using it like this.

The More You Know! *Star!*

Ahem.

Does anyone know how many spells and powers are in all WotC products at each level? Unfortunately, all the sources I have for that list all the copies of each effect (such as all of the identical copies of the two curse of lycanthropy spells, which have been reprinted numerous times). Makes it difficult to get an accurate count, since you have to account for both multiple copies of the same spell and same-named spells with entirely different effects.

Though I guess you could just call a genie with Supernatural Transformation (Three Wishes) and use that to get the at-will device of all spells and powers for much cheaper, but that feels like cheating -- not that it really matters, I suppose. But at least then you could just look up spells as you want to use them on the fly without worrying if you missed one somewhere.

Chet's compendiums of spells are pretty good, but they're early 3.5 so they don't have absolutely everything.
Pm me if you need links, know there's rules to posting links, don't know all the nuances.

And since no one else has mentioned the highest GP value item I've ever seen in an official product, and cuz I've never had 4mil gp to buy one myself:
Sword of the Solars. Large +5 dancing vorpal something something great sword.
Bow of the solars is also fun, only 100k, all arrows fired from it become slaying arrows, save dc23 vs death, 100 damage if the target makes the save.

Quertus
2018-08-17, 06:09 PM
OK, let the madness commence.

According to my notes, in a file aptly named, "getting Quertus out of debt", I've got the following:

Despite having more money than I thought I know how to spend, it turns out that paying for spell casting services to cast Wall of Stone enough times to create planetary mass is actually prohibitively expensive, along the order of 10^24 GP. Ouch.

Fortunately, creating Simulacra of that caster is much cheaper.

For a mere 3.1 million gold, you can have 100 Simulacra, each with the abilities of a 40th level Wizard. Half of those have Wall of Stone as an at-will ability. I'll get back to you on just how long it will take them to produce 13x10^24 pounds of granite at 150 lbs per cubic foot, or just how big that planet would be.

The "base" that becomes the planet is, currently, just a luxury auditorium. And lots of hallways, forming an underground maze. The auditorium costs 10k, the hallways are free. By RAW, since you have a sufficiently high level caster, hewn Stone walls are free - and there's no listed limit to wall thickness. By RAW, you only need to pay for the enchantment on rooms, not hallways or walls. So, you'll need to multiply the enchantment cost proportionally if AEE wants additional rooms.

For 5 million gold, the maze of hallways can include 10,000 secret doors, search DC 30.

For 25 million gold, you can have 1,000 Teleportation Circles, keyed to each of the thousand "settlements" of freed slaves on the surface. More on that later.

AFB, but, iirc, the audition comes with ~40 comfortable seats. One will be enchanted with Heal; another, for your Kensai, with Harm. Iirc, those run 40k each.

The auditorium will be both for your entertainment, and to help you keep track of the inhabitants. Those 100 Simulacra will be monitoring crystal balls, showing you illusions of whatever you want or need to see.

For 90k, the auditorium will be stocked with 1,000 Everburning Torches, Sense Shifted to different colors produce different mood lighting.

For 12k, the Auditorium will have Ethereal walls, to keep out Ethereal trespassers. Both the regular and Ethereal auditorium will be equipped with Gates that keep trying to summon you, for just over 1 million gold. And, for 150 thousand gold, there will be a portal connecting them, to allow you to travel between them.

For 15,000 GP, we can make the fortress Flying. For 500,000 GP, we can let it Teleport without Error 10/day. Or, better, 8/day, plus 1/day that will still work in antimagic. Any other enchantments you want on your "fortress"? Any other rooms? We may come back to this later when we discuss the surface.

I'll post my notes on the slaves, their accommodations, and the surface, later today.

Firechanter
2018-08-17, 07:40 PM
Maybe the DM set this all up as a red herring, and as soon as you start spending the gold, massive inflation will set in because the country is swamped in masses of gold never seen before, and before long you'll pay 100GP for a single loaf of bread, and go from there. :p

50Bn GP, that's 1 Billion pounds, or 500 million kg (roughly), or 500.000 tons of gold.
For comparison that is about 3 times as much as ALL THE GOLD that has EVER been mined in the history of mankind, combined.
Per party member.

I didn't catch how big your party is, but assuming a party of 4, you are now trying to spend thirteen times as much gold as has _ever_ been mined on this planet here in all of human history.
(If you assume real-world physics, this kind of implies that this dragon found a way to extract the gold contained in the center of the planet... or if you think more in terms of magic, maybe he plundered several planets and some other planes to boot.)

This kinda implies that the hoard you found combined most gold reserves of your game world... because if too much of the stuff was in circulation, it would already have diminished in value much more than already assumed by D&D price lists. xD

Plot twist: the dragon king only created that hoard to make sure gold retains its value as currency. :smallbiggrin:

Actually, whether the fantasyland economy is gold-based or not... makes little difference. If suddenly millions of tons of gold were thrown on Earth markets, its value would also plummet, and in our modern world it has nothing to with currency-backing anymore. So in a world where it actually _is_ the currency... go figure. It's exactly the same as if you suddenly printed 200 trillion US Dollars and pumped all those bills into circulation.

So... of course your table can happily ignore all that and agree that in fantasyland, nothing like that happens, and 75GP will always buy a horse no matter how many GP are in circulation... you can just say A Wizard Did It and that's totally fair game... it's just that I do know people who would pull off exactly that kind of stunt to teach a lesson in the economy of precious metals... or generally enjoy getting players' hopes up only to destroy them. ^^

Holya
2018-08-17, 09:45 PM
OK, let the madness commence.

According to my notes, in a file aptly named, "getting Quertus out of debt", I've got the following:

Despite having more money than I thought I know how to spend, it turns out that paying for spell casting services to cast Wall of Stone enough times to create planetary mass is actually prohibitively expensive, along the order of 10^24 GP. Ouch.

Fortunately, creating Simulacra of that caster is much cheaper.

For a mere 3.1 million gold, you can have 100 Simulacra, each with the abilities of a 40th level Wizard. Half of those have Wall of Stone as an at-will ability. I'll get back to you on just how long it will take them to produce 13x10^24 pounds of granite at 150 lbs per cubic foot, or just how big that planet would be.

The "base" that becomes the planet is, currently, just a luxury auditorium. And lots of hallways, forming an underground maze. The auditorium costs 10k, the hallways are free. By RAW, since you have a sufficiently high level caster, hewn Stone walls are free - and there's no listed limit to wall thickness. By RAW, you only need to pay for the enchantment on rooms, not hallways or walls. So, you'll need to multiply the enchantment cost proportionally if AEE wants additional rooms.

For 5 million gold, the maze of hallways can include 10,000 secret doors, search DC 30.

For 25 million gold, you can have 1,000 Teleportation Circles, keyed to each of the thousand "settlements" of freed slaves on the surface. More on that later.

AFB, but, iirc, the audition comes with ~40 comfortable seats. One will be enchanted with Heal; another, for your Kensai, with Harm. Iirc, those run 40k each.

The auditorium will be both for your entertainment, and to help you keep track of the inhabitants. Those 100 Simulacra will be monitoring crystal balls, showing you illusions of whatever you want or need to see.

For 90k, the auditorium will be stocked with 1,000 Everburning Torches, Sense Shifted to different colors produce different mood lighting.

For 12k, the Auditorium will have Ethereal walls, to keep out Ethereal trespassers. Both the regular and Ethereal auditorium will be equipped with Gates that keep trying to summon you, for just over 1 million gold. And, for 150 thousand gold, there will be a portal connecting them, to allow you to travel between them.

For 15,000 GP, we can make the fortress Flying. For 500,000 GP, we can let it Teleport without Error 10/day. Or, better, 8/day, plus 1/day that will still work in antimagic. Any other enchantments you want on your "fortress"? Any other rooms? We may come back to this later when we discuss the surface.

I'll post my notes on the slaves, their accommodations, and the surface, later today.

I have a question.. We know that their are asteroids and such yes? In base D&D we have a meteor spell along side stars and moons. Would it not be cheaper to find a asteroid as the base? Then you can cast stone to mud to hollow out the tunnels and such you want while also having a slurry of mud which can then be transported to the surface. I mean it is a one to one transfer of rock to mud. So would that cut down on the cost of making a biosphere if we find a suitable space rock or even a dead planet?

Also if we make it flying and teleporting wouldn't that potentially cause mass chaos for the tides or anything else depending on the biosphere as I doubt other beings can survive without sunlight, warmth, substance and the other things like Alexander. I mean the idea of a planet which can wink out of reality or just fly through the universe to go make a statement if needed is.. It honestly brings a smile to my face imagining how a world would react to that only for Alexander or his Kensai to show up and proclaim them under the protection of Alexander.

Still even with the manic smile that causes Alexander would think first about those who are now under his protection and ensuring his home can if need be stand up to even other gods and the darkest of beings.

To help you refine it I figured I would post Alexander's build for you. Half Golem 3/ Monk of the invisible eye 2/ Half Wrought Horror 5/ unarmed sword sage 2/ Evolutionist 3 there are three homebrew classes in there but they are all from here. If you need to know my mutations I will tell you but the biggest one Alexander uses the most is his Resin. He is a craftier at heart well a craftier and ninja with his epic level hiding but thats besides the point. He generally dislikes violence but will kill if need be and will try to help people unless they prove themselves so vile that they have to be destroyed. So the Auditorium sounds like a good base room but what about a crafting room? If I remember the strong hold builder guide right they had something like a forge or etc.

Also a suggestion. Would Gate Keys would better then teleportation circles? I know they are limited to only sixty doorways but they can be made between any two places you have been. So it would imply they can go through time. So would one or two of them work out better for Alexander to get around his planet and off of it in his pregod state? While also allowing people to enter his inner sanctum since he can set up what allows the doorways to function?

Holya
2018-08-17, 09:54 PM
Maybe the DM set this all up as a red herring, and as soon as you start spending the gold, massive inflation will set in because the country is swamped in masses of gold never seen before, and before long you'll pay 100GP for a single loaf of bread, and go from there. :p

50Bn GP, that's 1 Billion pounds, or 500 million kg (roughly), or 500.000 tons of gold.
For comparison that is about 3 times as much as ALL THE GOLD that has EVER been mined in the history of mankind, combined.
Per party member.

I didn't catch how big your party is, but assuming a party of 4, you are now trying to spend thirteen times as much gold as has _ever_ been mined on this planet here in all of human history.
(If you assume real-world physics, this kind of implies that this dragon found a way to extract the gold contained in the center of the planet... or if you think more in terms of magic, maybe he plundered several planets and some other planes to boot.)

This kinda implies that the hoard you found combined most gold reserves of your game world... because if too much of the stuff was in circulation, it would already have diminished in value much more than already assumed by D&D price lists. xD

Plot twist: the dragon king only created that hoard to make sure gold retains its value as currency. :smallbiggrin:

Actually, whether the fantasyland economy is gold-based or not... makes little difference. If suddenly millions of tons of gold were thrown on Earth markets, its value would also plummet, and in our modern world it has nothing to with currency-backing anymore. So in a world where it actually _is_ the currency... go figure. It's exactly the same as if you suddenly printed 200 trillion US Dollars and pumped all those bills into circulation.

So... of course your table can happily ignore all that and agree that in fantasyland, nothing like that happens, and 75GP will always buy a horse no matter how many GP are in circulation... you can just say A Wizard Did It and that's totally fair game... it's just that I do know people who would pull off exactly that kind of stunt to teach a lesson in the economy of precious metals... or generally enjoy getting players' hopes up only to destroy them. ^^

Eh you also got to remember rust monsters and other things can outright destroy matter like currency. Then you have the fact that the plane of earth is infinite and has a abundance of minerals and metals compared to the 'earth' your own. So really there are ways to argue the economics of D&D but when you boil them down they without a serious reworking and fiddling do not in anyway work. Since this kind of money is a drop in the bucket on Union. While it could outright buy the City of brass and Sigil's recorded gp value. It is one of those things where if you apply inflation and such it gets to where everything would either be free. Because wizards and spells like true creation among other things from different settings or that everything is naturally decaying into entropy and that the 'infinite' amount of items is set at the value they are because the rapid creation of said stuff by dragging it out of other planes and dimensions is just barely keeping even with the entropy.

Oh if this is a trick it would be a good one since everyone is excited as hell about the money. I think I'm the only one who isn't even using any of it towards a item but instead making in a round about way a home. Since while I was banned from making a fort ON world.. Or a guild.. Or a empire.. He never said I couldn't find someone to make me a planet which I would then use as my home.. Don't worry my DM and me are a bit tongue in cheek when it comes to banning something. We as a party banned him from making Darksoul references.. (he still does) and he banned me from playing city builder.. But I still do but on a smaller scale normally.

Also there are five of us in the party.. And this is taking away 30000 we gave to a group to help them start a new life in sigil and the fact that we only got HALF the horde.. The other half with to a Temple of Behamut because his dragonborn were playing the distraction so the red prince would leave his citadel.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-08-17, 09:57 PM
I'd use it to hire and fund a team of wizards and other spellcasters whose job it is to find the one pulling my strings from an alternate plane of reality and grant him 21st level XP and the ability to choose his own build so I can be free of his meddling (as he will be too busy faffing about in his own reality to mess with me) and so I can choose my own destiny.

Quertus
2018-08-17, 10:12 PM
So, where was I? Ah, yes, on the surface, preparing for the freed slaves.

So, the Simulacra can cast Rock to Mud repeatedly, to give you a nice layer of dirt, and to put some moisture in the air.

Oh, speaking of air: I'm thinking 1,000 portals to the elemental plane of air, warded against outsiders coming through, should be more than sufficient to give the planet atmosphere. We're looking at 150 million for the portals, and the Simulacra casting Persistent Protection from Good/Evil/Law/Chaos/Neutrality 10' radius to keep things from coming through.

So, 1 million slaves, in 1000 groups of 1000, will run 2.5 million gold. Each of the 1000 groups will be given a resetting Create Food and Water trap, costing 1.5 million gold. Next to an alter to you (free via Simulacra casting Fabricate) with a Heal effect (costing, I believe, 40 million gold). And each community will have basic tools (from wood from a forest grown in the dirt, plus iron from Wall of Iron). And their own pair of guardian Simulacra (62 million gold). Plus whatever livestock you think appropriate.

Each individual former slave will be equipped with a small tent (10 million gold), a bedroll (100 thousand gold), two blankets (1 million gold), a tankard (20,000gp), an Everburning Torch (90 million gold), and whatever other amenities you think appropriate.

The world will have a minimalistic ecosystem, with trees, farm plants, grass, etc, plus bees, butterflies, and humming birds for pollination, plus whatever other animals you feel appropriate. Pets, perhaps? Probably nothing predatory.

Quertus
2018-08-17, 11:00 PM
Before I forget: Quertus can also give everyone any inherent bonuses that they desire. Gotta get my poor mage out'a debt and all!

I have a question.. We know that their are asteroids and such yes? In base D&D we have a meteor spell along side stars and moons. Would it not be cheaper to find a asteroid as the base? Then you can cast stone to mud to hollow out the tunnels and such you want while also having a slurry of mud which can then be transported to the surface. I mean it is a one to one transfer of rock to mud. So would that cut down on the cost of making a biosphere if we find a suitable space rock or even a dead planet?

Also if we make it flying and teleporting wouldn't that potentially cause mass chaos for the tides or anything else depending on the biosphere as I doubt other beings can survive without sunlight, warmth, substance and the other things like Alexander. I mean the idea of a planet which can wink out of reality or just fly through the universe to go make a statement if needed is.. It honestly brings a smile to my face imagining how a world would react to that only for Alexander or his Kensai to show up and proclaim them under the protection of Alexander.

Still even with the manic smile that causes Alexander would think first about those who are now under his protection and ensuring his home can if need be stand up to even other gods and the darkest of beings.

To help you refine it I figured I would post Alexander's build for you. Half Golem 3/ Monk of the invisible eye 2/ Half Wrought Horror 5/ unarmed sword sage 2/ Evolutionist 3 there are three homebrew classes in there but they are all from here. If you need to know my mutations I will tell you but the biggest one Alexander uses the most is his Resin. He is a craftier at heart well a craftier and ninja with his epic level hiding but thats besides the point. He generally dislikes violence but will kill if need be and will try to help people unless they prove themselves so vile that they have to be destroyed. So the Auditorium sounds like a good base room but what about a crafting room? If I remember the strong hold builder guide right they had something like a forge or etc.

Also a suggestion. Would Gate Keys would better then teleportation circles? I know they are limited to only sixty doorways but they can be made between any two places you have been. So it would imply they can go through time. So would one or two of them work out better for Alexander to get around his planet and off of it in his pregod state? While also allowing people to enter his inner sanctum since he can set up what allows the doorways to function?

It would not be cheaper to find an asteroid. Because stone is free, both by common sense and by RAW. It would be quicker, but not cheaper. But, thanks to Teleport Through Time, "quicker" is theoretically irrelevant.

Currently, there are no tides. First off, because there are no moons; secondly, because there are no bodies of water. By default, it's just a big rock, some of the surface of which (1000 donut shaped areas) has been converted to Mud/dirt, had trees planned, then the centre converted to Mud/dirt, had grass planned, and the very center left as Stone, and had an alter Fabricated.

Honestly, some lakes and fish might be a good addition to this minimalist ecosystem.

I'm a little concerned that Create Food and Water might slowly add water to the ecosystem, creating flooding problems if the bulk of the world is sheet rock. I'm hoping the portals to the elemental plane of air will be sufficient to deal with that issue.

OTOH, if the ground is dirt (which, given erosion, will eventually happen, I suppose) I'm concerned how all that water will impact the maze of tunnels and the structural integrity the world.

And, if/when the ground is dirt, that's a lot of plants, and a lot of oxygen, which could cause a lot of fires. I don't fancy thousand mile forest fires taking out whole communities any more than giant floods.

Perhaps the best solution is for the bulk of the world to be shallow water, and the small (20 miles or so) islands of communities be significantly above sea level?

Also, to prevent ridiculous pressure from turning your home to lava (is that how science works?), I considered releasing some of the pressure with load-bearing Walls of Force. 10,000 of them, scattered throughout the world, would cost 131.5 million gold.

Oh, and to make the planet fly at the incredible speed of 10 mph will add another 25,000gp per room (per stronghold space, technically).

9 Fancy Workplaces (or smithy's) would cost 18,000 GP, and multiply the cost of the enchantments (flying, flying at 10 mph, teleporting) by 10. Very important that the surface dwellers never create any permanent structures, else the world stops moving (until you tear them down, at least). Also, no mining. Or learning to summon things - that could really mess up the ecosystem. Storage will need to be handled by extradimensional spaces. Etc etc.

I'm drawing a blank on Gate Keys - source?

Lastly, Quertus, at least, isn't using the money locally. So giving him money is part of the solution to fighting inflation :smallwink:

Holya
2018-08-17, 11:08 PM
So, where was I? Ah, yes, on the surface, preparing for the freed slaves.

So, the Simulacra can cast Rock to Mud repeatedly, to give you a nice player of dirt, and to put some moisture in the air.

Oh, speaking of air: I'm thinking 1,000 portals to the elemental plane of air, warded against outsiders coming through, should be more than sufficient to give the planet atmosphere. We're looking at 150 million for the portals, and the Simulacra casting Persistent Protection from Good/Evil/Law/Chaos/Neutrality 10' radius to keep things from coming through.

So, 1 million slaves, in 1000 groups of 1000, will run 2.5 million gold. Each of the 1000 groups will be given a resetting Create Food and Water trap, costing 1.5 million gold. Next to an alter to you (free via Simulacra casting Fabricate) with a Heal effect (costing, I believe, 40 million gold). And each community will have basic tools (from wood from a forest grown in the dirt, plus iron from Wall of Iron). And their own pair of guardian Simulacra (62 million gold). Plus whatever livestock you think appropriate.

Each individual former slave will be equipped with a small tent (10 million gold), a bedroll (100 thousand gold), two blankets (1 million gold), a tankard (20,000gp), an Everburning Torch (90 million gold), and whatever other amenities you think appropriate.

The world will have a minimalistic ecosystem, with trees, farm plants, grass, etc, plus bees, butterflies, and humming birds for pollination, plus whatever other animals you feel appropriate. Pets, perhaps? Probably nothing predatory.

So I'm going to assume you saw my response to the core of the planet. But what about the cantrip spell nurturing seeds? Its from Dark sun if I remember right which is a d&d setting so it is open for stealing spells from. The spell in particular takes any plant you can get cuttings to and makes it grow in any condition. No matter the plant. So we could in theory kick off the biosphere with things like Fey cherry trees or other magical plants which wouldn't naturally grow there but we could force them too. So we could drastically expand the biosphere. Also since Alexander is a crafter and we are in a sense making the planet in the past. Couldn't he spend what is a thousand or so years to him crafting what they need but then using the gate key go back to the present and just buy the slaves to completely remove the cost of the living conditions of the now freed slaves? Though it brings up the question of where the hell does Alexander find that many slaves.

I like what you got so far. I really do. I'm just thinking of other ways to achive the same effects and properly make the planet self sustaining since creatures can break through circles of/ protection form spells with a high enough check or other methods.

(Edit so I don't double quite.)

So this is from the online SRD so I am going to assume its safe? I think its safe? For me to copy and paste it.
Gate Key

When properly operated, the gate key can be used to attune any bounded space, such as a doorway or a cave opening, to another bounded space on another plane of existence previously visited by the wielder. When two bounded spaces are attuned, an interdimensional portal springs up at each location, and the two portals are connected. When the wielder creates a pair of portals, he or she also establishes the necessary key that travelers must have to access the portal. Possible keys include nothing, a pearl, a particular hair color, or even the gate key itself. Up to sixty different pairs of portals can be attuned in this manner. Once all sixty pairs of portals are created, the key cannot create additional gates, though it may still be the necessary key to access some or all of the portals. To any creature without the proper key, the interdimensional portals are not visible (through true seeing or similar magic reveals their presence).

Caster Level: 21st; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Epic Wondrous Item, gate; Market Price: 378,000 gp; Weight: 1 lb.

That is a gate key.

Also I am immune to fire but I don't think D&D has mechanics to handle rock turning to lava from pressure or else their would be some proper lava issues in the deeper parts of the under dark.

Hmm we have a issue with waste and such building up as well since humans, elves, and what ever else I have freed from slave unless they aren't 'mortal' will all produce this.. Which runs the risk of disease and eventually it would add to the total mass of the planet because the crap would build up and the liquids would have to go somewhere. That also doesn't deal with the issues of bodies. Sure we could use some more spells from the Dark suns etting to turn people into soil and dirt but it would effect things. Flooding would be a issue but drowning isn't a problem for me so my maze world being flooded would be fine. Unless I wanted to entertain. The lack of proper structures for the people could become a issue tho. We could add mundane rooms to the maze. Hollowing out areas is free just time consuming but that breaks the enchantments as well. Though that brings up the question of does movement/teleporting planet out weigh the joy of his followers and their security.

Hmm wait there is a spell.. I think in drow of the under dark which lets you change rock into other minerals. We could make the entire core with multiple castings of that spell into deep crystal. Which is water proof. Or even mundane crystal as it would be far FAR too much to ever be effected by a shatter spell and once again it is now immune to the effects of water erosion.

Elana
2018-08-18, 12:56 AM
A bit of quick math 50 million gold pieces come down to around 450,000 tons of gold.

The estimated amount of gold mined in our world comes to 185,000

So with each of them having 2.5 the amount of gold of earth....how about a 1'000 feet tall statue of themselves made out of massive gold?

(Even with the massively bigger amounts of gold in D&D worlds..assuming 4 players you just made sure that there is as much gold as silver so gold pieces will lose value quickly..and if it wasn't all gold the volume of the treasure gets even sillier)

But for serious concerns...the sheer amount of gold is nearly immovable..so they can invest in defensive measurements for the old dragons lair.
I hear golems are good guards and a nice way to spend some of the money :D

Quertus
2018-08-18, 10:09 AM
So I'm going to assume you saw my response to the core of the planet. But what about the cantrip spell nurturing seeds? Its from Dark sun if I remember right which is a d&d setting so it is open for stealing spells from. The spell in particular takes any plant you can get cuttings to and makes it grow in any condition. No matter the plant. So we could in theory kick off the biosphere with things like Fey cherry trees or other magical plants which wouldn't naturally grow there but we could force them too. So we could drastically expand the biosphere. Also since Alexander is a crafter and we are in a sense making the planet in the past. Couldn't he spend what is a thousand or so years to him crafting what they need but then using the gate key go back to the present and just buy the slaves to completely remove the cost of the living conditions of the now freed slaves? Though it brings up the question of where the hell does Alexander find that many slaves.

I like what you got so far. I really do. I'm just thinking of other ways to achive the same effects and properly make the planet self sustaining since creatures can break through circles of/ protection form spells with a high enough check or other methods.

(Edit so I don't double quite.)

So this is from the online SRD so I am going to assume its safe? I think its safe? For me to copy and paste it.
Gate Key

When properly operated, the gate key can be used to attune any bounded space, such as a doorway or a cave opening, to another bounded space on another plane of existence previously visited by the wielder. When two bounded spaces are attuned, an interdimensional portal springs up at each location, and the two portals are connected. When the wielder creates a pair of portals, he or she also establishes the necessary key that travelers must have to access the portal. Possible keys include nothing, a pearl, a particular hair color, or even the gate key itself. Up to sixty different pairs of portals can be attuned in this manner. Once all sixty pairs of portals are created, the key cannot create additional gates, though it may still be the necessary key to access some or all of the portals. To any creature without the proper key, the interdimensional portals are not visible (through true seeing or similar magic reveals their presence).

Caster Level: 21st; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Epic Wondrous Item, gate; Market Price: 378,000 gp; Weight: 1 lb.

That is a gate key.

Also I am immune to fire but I don't think D&D has mechanics to handle rock turning to lava from pressure or else their would be some proper lava issues in the deeper parts of the under dark.

Hmm we have a issue with waste and such building up as well since humans, elves, and what ever else I have freed from slave unless they aren't 'mortal' will all produce this.. Which runs the risk of disease and eventually it would add to the total mass of the planet because the crap would build up and the liquids would have to go somewhere. That also doesn't deal with the issues of bodies. Sure we could use some more spells from the Dark suns etting to turn people into soil and dirt but it would effect things. Flooding would be a issue but drowning isn't a problem for me so my maze world being flooded would be fine. Unless I wanted to entertain. The lack of proper structures for the people could become a issue tho. We could add mundane rooms to the maze. Hollowing out areas is free just time consuming but that breaks the enchantments as well. Though that brings up the question of does movement/teleporting planet out weigh the joy of his followers and their security.

Hmm wait there is a spell.. I think in drow of the under dark which lets you change rock into other minerals. We could make the entire core with multiple castings of that spell into deep crystal. Which is water proof. Or even mundane crystal as it would be far FAR too much to ever be effected by a shatter spell and once again it is now immune to the effects of water erosion.

amount of gold is nearly immovable...

Quertus can take care of (re)moving the gold. And of acquiring the slaves (from numerous worlds, from the Neogi, etc). If you'd like, you can add in spell casting services for him casting Gate to transport them.

Waste buildup can be handled through the inclusion of whatever portion of the ecosystem is necessary to make it consumable by plants, by the creation of custom plants that don't require middlemen, or by the inclusion of certain otherwise harmless custom oozes, or trapped harmful oozes.

Yes, create food and water - or any creation or conjuring effects - could add to the mass of the world. Just like meteorites add to the mass of ours. I'm not sure what the best solution here is, but I'm suspecting Miracle is a decent stopgap measure.

Disease is not a problem: placing a continuous Heal effect on the altar to Alexander at the center of each community renders the community all but immune to disease, as Heal's first entry is that it cures all disease. Yes, people need to come to or be brought to your altar to be healed, just like they need to come next door for food (if they don't hunt or raise or grow it themselves).

The ecosystem could be up and running hundreds of years before the slaves are introduced. So no worries there.

If Alexander is immortal, he is welcome to come back in time and craft everything he's able to. That would certainly add to his claim to divinity in my book. Still by RAW costs 1/3 price for materials, even if by common sense those are free. Of course, this may ultimately be the more expensive route, if you have to pay Quertus spell casting services for putting them in status / on a timeless plane so as not to give them thousand-year-old goods.

Is Alexander familiar with the magical plants to suggest them?

Yes, there is the option to simply park the world. But native Americans lived in teepees just fine - is camping by the healing altar really that bad? If your followers think so, you're welcome to sacrifice / temporarily disable your mobility on their behalf. Or the Simulacra could mindrape the citizens to appreciate the outdoors lifestyle. Your call.

Huh. Extraplanar creatures could get through if the Simulacra fail to beat their SR three times (which, for a half-golem like Alexander, is automatic). So it's not a perfect plan. Sadness.

Speaking of the Simulacra, I did not include the cost of equipping them with crystal balls. 100 crystal balls with True Seeing would cost 8 million. Although this may be of minimal value to you if you achieve divinity, it's not like you don't have the money.

So, thanks to the existence of a Gate Key, each portal only costs 6,300 gold, is invisible, and can only be accessed with the proper key, such as a written invitation from you? Well, that's just crazy good.

The Wall of Force is there in case the world makes it to a time or place that follows different physics. Quertus is good on understanding the rules of magic and time travel, but a little less on understanding the results of "Detect Physics". Call it "travel insurance".

Deep crystal for immunity to erosion sounds like a plan. Perhaps some portals behind secret doors that can be opened periodically for drainage?

Oh, and Quertus was also planning on leaving you with a team of Dedicated Wright craftsmen, just in case you needed anything mass-produced in the future. Even 100 3-hd Wrights would only cost you 700,000 gold (plus materials for whatever you want crafted).

Oh, and I didn't actually see your response to the first part until after I had posted the second part.

noob
2018-08-18, 01:29 PM
Quertus can take care of (re)moving the gold. And of acquiring the slaves (from numerous worlds, from the Neogi, etc). If you'd like, you can add in spell casting services for him casting Gate to transport them.

Waste buildup can be handled through the inclusion of whatever portion of the ecosystem is necessary to make it consumable by plants, by the creation of custom plants that don't require middlemen, or by the inclusion of certain otherwise harmless custom oozes, or trapped harmful oozes.

Yes, create food and water - or any creation or conjuring effects - could add to the mass of the world. Just like meteorites add to the mass of ours. I'm not sure what the best solution here is, but I'm suspecting Miracle is a decent stopgap measure.

Disease is not a problem: placing a continuous Heal effect on the altar to Alexander at the center of each community renders the community all but immune to disease, as Heal's first entry is that it cures all disease. Yes, people need to come to or be brought to your altar to be healed, just like they need to come next door for food (if they don't hunt or raise or grow it themselves).

The ecosystem could be up and running hundreds of years before the slaves are introduced. So no worries there.

If Alexander is immortal, he is welcome to come back in time and craft everything he's able to. That would certainly add to his claim to divinity in my book. Still by RAW costs 1/3 price for materials, even if by common sense those are free. Of course, this may ultimately be the more expensive route, if you have to pay Quertus spell casting services for putting them in status / on a timeless plane so as not to give them thousand-year-old goods.

Yes, there is the option to simply park the world. But native Americans lived in teepees just fine - is camping by the healing altar really that bad? If your followers think so, you're welcome to sacrifice / temporarily disable your mobility on their behalf. Or the Simulacra could mindrape the citizens to appreciate the outdoors lifestyle. Your call.

Huh. Extraplanar creatures could get through if the Simulacra fail to beat their SR three times (which, for a half-golem like Alexander, is automatic). So it's not a perfect plan. Sadness.

Speaking of the Simulacra, I did not include the cost of equipping them with crystal balls. 100 crystal balls with True Seeing would cost 8 million. Although this may be of minimal value to you if you achieve divinity, it's not like you don't have the money.

So, thanks to the existence of a Gate Key, each portal only costs 6,300 gold, is invisible, and can only be accessed with the proper key, such as a written invitation from you? Well, that's just crazy good.

The Wall of Force is there in case the world makes it to a time or place that follows different physics. Quertus is good on understanding the rules of magic and time travel, but a little less on understanding the results of "Detect Physics". Call it "travel insurance".

Deep crystal for immunity to erosion sounds like a plan. Perhaps some portals behind secret doors that can be opened periodically for drainage?

Oh, and Quertus was also planning on leaving you with a team of Dedicated Wright craftsmen, just in case you needed anything mass-produced in the future. Even 100 3-hd Wrights would only cost you 700,000 gold (plus materials for whatever you want crafted).

Oh, and I didn't actually see your response to the first part until after I had posted the second part.

I think wall of stone + turn rock to mud for having dirt(have more wall of stone than turn rock to mud for having a stone core) is more reliable than miracle since it does not needs help from a god.
You could also start using that magical item which produce tons of water for the oceans.
Then for heat in the core there is something from the plane of fire that constantly makes tons of heat you could place for having something more similar to earth.
there was some creature native of the plane of earth that turns earth and rock to air and varied stuff like air that is needed for life(and which then create more of itself)
an alternative to that creature is that bottle always full of air and since you are super rich you might do that.

Holya
2018-08-18, 02:03 PM

Pretty much. Its the reason I suggested the gate key instead of the teleports since the gate key also lets us set up tunnels through time and planes if you go by the literal meaning of anywhere you have been.

My good Sir no plan is perfect for all plans crumble upon contact with the enemy. It is why its best to have a outline of things that you wish to achieve and a limit to what you will do to achieve said goals. That said tho we wouldn't actually need to put the items in a timeless plane. Resin is effectively eternal unless someone sunders it since it heals one hit point a hour forever and is specifically called out to be able to be used as a replacement material in any craft. Sure Alexander can't make mass production amounts of it but it would allow for stock piling items that are fairly indestructible unless someone is specifically trying to destroy them.

Hmm would the ability to transfer them over to Alexander work? I mean I don't actually remember if it is a magic spell that transfers over homunculus or if its just a pseudo ritual involving a potion and blood exchange.

I've had a idea for a potential use for the excessive amount of water we would end up having. Thanks to disease being a none issue with the alter's of Alexander that have heal on them couldn't we make a central drainage room with some form of permeate heat? Possibly a one way portal to the plane of fire or a magma elemental/fire elemental inside a conductive room so the water will boil and then steam out of the tunnels over time making the planet more tropical/humid? That would help with some of the fire concerns from the hyper oxygenated atmosphere.

Also yes Alexander would know about the magical plants and other things. He has a good many ranks in all of the knowledge skills. Its the acquiring that would be the hardest part since some of the planets exist in places where it would be solely elemental beings living there or in places that wouldn't.. Take Alexander's intrusion very well. Though being able to get some Fey cherry trees would be.. Amazing. So would Pomow since it is a one in all super food. Here is a link to a good thread on the boards that list out a lot of the magical plants in D&D.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479663-Magical-Plants-and-Where-to-Find-them-WIP

Alexander wouldn't let you mind rape them. He would be fine in giving them just tents and stuff as it would let them move around. It wouldn't really bother him if they started to build structures but he would lay down the law if they start to strip the surface or anything idiotic like that. I think the only time he would allow for a reprogramming would be in the case of someone who has already been reprogrammed or asks for it to remove unpleasant memories that can come with being a slave.

Hey do you know of anyway to cause more magical inclined children to be born? I mean I know how we could cause every humanoid and giant to be born were creatures but I am wondering in particular is there a way to up the birth rate of mages, shamans, druids, etc. Because if we can uplift the slaves even after giving them a home and protection or more so the resulting children and so on. We could then the over population issue that would happen could solve it self with villages, clans, and enclaves appearing throughout time and planes with the resulting spawn from the generation zero of the planet.

Also I have a potential solution to the possible issue of elementals from the planes coming through the portals. The ring of elemental command if we make four of them and then fuse them together that gives one complete dominance over the four base elementals. Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. It also opens up spells which Alexander can then use to help regulate the world if needed be since I'm fairly sure you can compress stone with stone shape which is one of the many spells the Ring of elemental command fusion would give you. Thats if we even want the portals since with the magical plants we could actually get unlimited oxygen through them and the same with water and such through other items.

Hmm I realized a potential issue. If we can't get the Fey cherry or if we dismiss the idea of the fire elemental or what have you boiling the excessive water to release it back into the world from the under ground as steam. How are we handling the potential and drastic shifts of the climate if the planet moves? I mean the plants would all survive thanks to the spell nurishing seed. But the humans and other things would most likely die or freeze to death if we got to far from a sun.

LuminousWarrior
2018-08-18, 08:11 PM
Buy EVERYTHING.

Nifft
2018-08-18, 08:13 PM
Buy EVERYTHING.

That's rookie numbers.

Open portals to two other universes and buy three of everything.

Quertus
2018-08-18, 11:06 PM
I think wall of stone + turn rock to mud for having dirt(have more wall of stone than turn rock to mud for having a stone core) is more reliable than miracle since it does not needs help from a god.
You could also start using that magical item which produce tons of water for the oceans.
Then for heat in the core there is something from the plane of fire that constantly makes tons of heat you could place for having something more similar to earth.
there was some creature native of the plane of earth that turns earth and rock to air and varied stuff like air that is needed for life(and which then create more of itself)
an alternative to that creature is that bottle always full of air and since you are super rich you might do that.

Miracle was simply an emergency "****, the ecosystem is out of balance - how do we fix this?" button, not the means to create the ecosystem.

I originally wasn't going for oceans; however, they seem a) safer than massive flooding; b) like a good way to eat up that oxygen, with tasty fish. Quertus will doubtless include some of his favorite meals in populating the "oceans" (enormous fishing pools).

Oh, and I have no idea what ecological niche they fill, but dragonflies will be a thing, because of who Quertus is outsourcing to. It's hard not to have them introduce dragons, or Dr Seuss style creatures.

My intention was to not heat the core. Because literal and figurative heart of the planet.

Pretty much. Its the reason I suggested the gate key instead of the teleports since the gate key also lets us set up tunnels through time and planes if you go by the literal meaning of anywhere you have been.

My good Sir no plan is perfect for all plans crumble upon contact with the enemy. It is why its best to have a outline of things that you wish to achieve and a limit to what you will do to achieve said goals. That said tho we wouldn't actually need to put the items in a timeless plane. Resin is effectively eternal unless someone sunders it since it heals one hit point a hour forever and is specifically called out to be able to be used as a replacement material in any craft. Sure Alexander can't make mass production amounts of it but it would allow for stock piling items that are fairly indestructible unless someone is specifically trying to destroy them.

Hmm would the ability to transfer them over to Alexander work? I mean I don't actually remember if it is a magic spell that transfers over homunculus or if its just a pseudo ritual involving a potion and blood exchange.

I've had a idea for a potential use for the excessive amount of water we would end up having. Thanks to disease being a none issue with the alter's of Alexander that have heal on them couldn't we make a central drainage room with some form of permeate heat? Possibly a one way portal to the plane of fire or a magma elemental/fire elemental inside a conductive room so the water will boil and then steam out of the tunnels over time making the planet more tropical/humid? That would help with some of the fire concerns from the hyper oxygenated atmosphere.

Also yes Alexander would know about the magical plants and other things. He has a good many ranks in all of the knowledge skills. Its the acquiring that would be the hardest part since some of the planets exist in places where it would be solely elemental beings living there or in places that wouldn't.. Take Alexander's intrusion very well. Though being able to get some Fey cherry trees would be.. Amazing. So would Pomow since it is a one in all super food. Here is a link to a good thread on the boards that list out a lot of the magical plants in D&D.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479663-Magical-Plants-and-Where-to-Find-them-WIP

Alexander wouldn't let you mind rape them. He would be fine in giving them just tents and stuff as it would let them move around. It wouldn't really bother him if they started to build structures but he would lay down the law if they start to strip the surface or anything idiotic like that. I think the only time he would allow for a reprogramming would be in the case of someone who has already been reprogrammed or asks for it to remove unpleasant memories that can come with being a slave.

Hey do you know of anyway to cause more magical inclined children to be born? I mean I know how we could cause every humanoid and giant to be born were creatures but I am wondering in particular is there a way to up the birth rate of mages, shamans, druids, etc. Because if we can uplift the slaves even after giving them a home and protection or more so the resulting children and so on. We could then the over population issue that would happen could solve it self with villages, clans, and enclaves appearing throughout time and planes with the resulting spawn from the generation zero of the planet.

Also I have a potential solution to the possible issue of elementals from the planes coming through the portals. The ring of elemental command if we make four of them and then fuse them together that gives one complete dominance over the four base elementals. Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. It also opens up spells which Alexander can then use to help regulate the world if needed be since I'm fairly sure you can compress stone with stone shape which is one of the many spells the Ring of elemental command fusion would give you. Thats if we even want the portals since with the magical plants we could actually get unlimited oxygen through them and the same with water and such through other items.

Hmm I realized a potential issue. If we can't get the Fey cherry or if we dismiss the idea of the fire elemental or what have you boiling the excessive water to release it back into the world from the under ground as steam. How are we handling the potential and drastic shifts of the climate if the planet moves? I mean the plants would all survive thanks to the spell nurishing seed. But the humans and other things would most likely die or freeze to death if we got to far from a sun.

Quertus can craft the ring.

Let me know how many sets of +5 inherent bonuses y'all need.

Resin sounds bloody awesome.

I figured you wouldn't go for Mindrape, just letting you know that the Simulacra would let you know that it's on the table as an option.

The portals to the elemental plane of air are to 1) provide the planet with its initial atmosphere; 2) to help stabilize any imbalances in the ecosystem (like too much water); 3) to provide the planet with a gentle breeze. But, once #1 is complete, they could arguable be shut off.

As it stands, the planet is completely dependent on sunlight / outside heat. Depending on the physics of your universe, distance from the sun may be irrelevant; if it isn't, you'll be severely limited on where you should Teleport your planet.

Could Quertus build something to allow the planet to be self-heating? Sure, but what he would build would depend on the physics and magic of the world you're in. An epic spell may be the safest route, if you want him to research that possibility.

The theory was, the elemental plane of air has a reasonable amount of moisture in the air, and that connecting the planet there would keep the moisture level of the planet stabilized against the influx of moisture from Create Food and Water. Vaporizing the water will not change the total amount of water in the world (but may make cleanup of your core easier).

I guess being humid would help with fires... Would heat help or hurt with that? my hope was that fish + gentle breeze would take care of excessive oxygenation.

Ignore the Dedicated Wrights.

I'll need to investigate the plants, to see if seeds can be safely acquired.

Quertus (and his outsourced resources) have several answers for ways to have magical children. The easiest (to get past a GM, at least) is just to have community Wisdom boosting items, and train them in divine classes. And breed for wisdom. Because, unlike Sorcerer, most classes don't require anything special, just training.

But, if that isn't sufficient on your world - if most people lack some spark to let them take good classes - then, yes, Quertus & co have spells, artifacts, etc, that could let them encourage carrying classes in the populous. But... why would you want to?

Holya
2018-08-19, 12:00 PM
Miracle was simply an emergency "****, the ecosystem is out of balance - how do we fix this?" button, not the means to create the ecosystem.

I originally wasn't going for oceans; however, they seem a) safer than massive flooding; b) like a good way to eat up that oxygen, with tasty fish. Quertus will doubtless include some of his favorite meals in populating the "oceans" (enormous fishing pools).

Oh, and I have no idea what ecological niche they fill, but dragonflies will be a thing, because of who Quertus is outsourcing to. It's hard not to have them introduce dragons, or Dr Seuss style creatures.

My intention was to not heat the core. Because literal and figurative heart of the planet.

Quertus can craft the ring.

Let me know how many sets of +5 inherent bonuses y'all need.

Resin sounds bloody awesome.

I figured you wouldn't go for Mindrape, just letting you know that the Simulacra would let you know that it's on the table as an option.

The portals to the elemental plane of air are to 1) provide the planet with its initial atmosphere; 2) to help stabilize any imbalances in the ecosystem (like too much water); 3) to provide the planet with a gentle breeze. But, once #1 is complete, they could arguable be shut off.

As it stands, the planet is completely dependent on sunlight / outside heat. Depending on the physics of your universe, distance from the sun may be irrelevant; if it isn't, you'll be severely limited on where you should Teleport your planet.

Could Quertus build something to allow the planet to be self-heating? Sure, but what he would build would depend on the physics and magic of the world you're in. An epic spell may be the safest route, if you want him to research that possibility.

The theory was, the elemental plane of air has a reasonable amount of moisture in the air, and that connecting the planet there would keep the moisture level of the planet stabilized against the influx of moisture from Create Food and Water. Vaporizing the water will not change the total amount of water in the world (but may make cleanup of your core easier).

I guess being humid would help with fires... Would heat help or hurt with that? my hope was that fish + gentle breeze would take care of excessive oxygenation.

Ignore the Dedicated Wrights.

I'll need to investigate the plants, to see if seeds can be safely acquired.

Quertus (and his outsourced resources) have several answers for ways to have magical children. The easiest (to get past a GM, at least) is just to have community Wisdom boosting items, and train them in divine classes. And breed for wisdom. Because, unlike Sorcerer, most classes don't require anything special, just training.

But, if that isn't sufficient on your world - if most people lack some spark to let them take good classes - then, yes, Quertus & co have spells, artifacts, etc, that could let them encourage carrying classes in the populous. But... why would you want to?

Ah Well I'm good with classes that can be taught as well as pumping the chance for innate magic. Because the more magical bloods you have running around the more potential innovations. Also it would allow a lot of things such as expansion and stuff into other planes and worlds.

I think it would be easy enough to get the seeds since you would just need to talk to people and outsource. Though it could be easily derailed by a DM saying no.

I have no idea since if we look at ancient earth it was massively humid and oxygenated.. It also had massive wild fires. So we have to work about that but wild fires are good for a planet since it recycles and enhances the natural environment. Still fires could be massively bad.

I'm not sure if the plane of air actually has a proper flow since it changes massively depending on the area.

tiercel
2018-08-20, 08:11 PM

That would be amusing, though alternative Material Planes/other planes of existence (in which to spend the gold) are a thing.

On a related note, if every attempt to bring physics into D&D kills a catgirl, what does every attempt to bring economics into D&D do? (It seemingly happens about as often, after all.)

Sto
2018-08-20, 10:10 PM
That would be amusing, though alternative Material Planes/other planes of existence (in which to spend the gold) are a thing.

On a related note, if every attempt to bring physics into D&D kills a catgirl, what does every attempt to bring economics into D&D do? (It seemingly happens about as often, after all.)

A PC's hopes and dreams. Or maybe just the economy itself.

For 50 billion gp you could buy all the force dragon eggs and make godly omelettes every morning.

legomaster00156
2018-08-20, 10:11 PM
I know this is several days old, but can I sig this? :smallbiggrin:

unseenmage
2018-08-21, 02:09 AM
I know this is several days old, but can I sig this? :smallbiggrin:

Please do.

Malphegor
2018-08-22, 01:22 PM
Build a small blue painted building, 5foot by 5foot, magically enchanted to have a large castle of space inside. (if you have relics and rituals book there is a ritual to make a flying death fortress... But why go easy one shot rituals when you can design it from the ground up?)

Right so now you will need a lot of magic carpets, a lot of spellcasters, geometers in particular for thaumaturgical security consultants, portal rooms, figure out a planejumping thing, antimagic layers

Behold! The PARDU!

Planes And Relative Dimensions in the Universes!