PDA

View Full Version : "Synergy Infinity" game sample...

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-08-19, 12:06 PM
Yes, finally, after twenty years of work, my game is in final development.

Here is the game basics, to be 'fleshed out.'

Please, tell me what you think?

https://www.scribd.com/document/386520277/Syergy-Infinity-by-Brett-Nortje

noob
2018-08-19, 01:09 PM
I believe I already saw samples of the system of that game.
You can make this text go through an orthography corrector and then reread the text.
At least I am glad you tried to write in English instead of using google translate.
If you have a native speaker friend then you can ask him to reread for grammar after you managed orthography.

Shredder shotgun shoots projectile slower than most rifles and you seem to think it shoots fast projectiles did you knew rifles did shoot projectiles above the speed of sound since a long time ago and that modern rifles shoots projectiles going over 500m/s

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-08-19, 02:28 PM
I believe I already saw samples of the system of that game.
You can make this text go through an orthography corrector and then reread the text.
At least I am glad you tried to write in English instead of using google translate.
If you have a native speaker friend then you can ask him to reread for grammar after you managed orthography.

Shredder shotgun shoots projectile slower than most rifles and you seem to think it shoots fast projectiles did you knew rifles did shoot projectiles above the speed of sound since a long time ago and that modern rifles shoots projectiles going over 500m/s

It is actually graphene ball bearings, that go into a squared case, that pump out as if generated by a hospital heart beat pump machine machine, using a fusion battery cell. This makes them like ball bearing guns that travel like really fast! It is hard to control the 'kick,' that is why it takes time to recover from 'recoil.'

noob
2018-08-19, 03:16 PM
It is actually graphene ball bearings, that go into a squared case, that pump out as if generated by a hospital heart beat pump machine machine, using a fusion battery cell. This makes them like ball bearing guns that travel like really fast! It is hard to control the 'kick,' that is why it takes time to recover from 'recoil.'

can you tell the weight of the projectiles?
because if the projectiles only travels at the speed of the sound they would need to be really heavy for hurting significantly relatively to a normal rifle.

Also some elements in tables seems to be cut in the middle due to being incomplete sentences.
Also would a very smart(3 int or more) snake people be able to take like 30 actions per turn.(due to buying each action for 1 point or less due to launch pad being a skill)
Is being smart enough able to remove entirely the point cost of a skill or does it lowers to at most 1 the cost of a rank?
Is 30 actions a turn enough to compensate 5 demerits?
for example you might get barren, little person(which prevents to attack with hands therefore making you unable to use guns with your hands or cast spells with your hands) and even if you manage to use a gun or a spell without using the hands you have a 7 point penalty to something or possibly everything ever(so for example you shoot with a rifle and get -7 hp and -7 levels and -7 manna and -7 credits and -7 friends(you probably kill seven friends in one shot) and -7 to all the skills ever and -7 to all the ranks of everything(and since it is not specified to be non cumulative maybe it apply at each shot)). (non specified so I do not know if it is a penalty to damage or to checks for trying to hit knowing that it is not even specified a spell needs a roll to function so it is all very confusing)
then you can also get Lawful too and Hunted with as hunter the law(which would mean the law would command you to die and then you would be obligated to comply) and then a fifth demerit such as gullible or overconfident or even cursed because it is what you are.

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-08-19, 04:20 PM
can you tell the weight of the projectiles?
because if the projectiles only travels at the speed of the sound they would need to be really heavy for hurting significantly relatively to a normal rifle.

Also some elements in tables seems to be cut in the middle due to being incomplete sentences.
Also would a very smart(3 int or more) snake people be able to take like 30 actions per turn.(due to buying each action for 1 point or less due to launch pad being a skill)
Is being smart enough able to remove entirely the point cost of a skill or does it lowers to at most 1 the cost of a rank?
Is 30 actions a turn enough to compensate 5 demerits?
for example you might get barren, little person(which prevents to attack with hands therefore making you unable to use guns with your hands or cast spells with your hands) and even if you manage to use a gun or a spell without using the hands you have a 7 point penalty to something or possibly everything ever(so for example you shoot with a rifle and get -7 hp and -7 levels and -7 manna and -7 credits and -7 friends(you probably kill seven friends in one shot) and -7 to all the skills ever and -7 to all the ranks of everything(and since it is not specified to be non cumulative maybe it apply at each shot)). (non specified so I do not know if it is a penalty to damage or to checks for trying to hit knowing that it is not even specified a spell needs a roll to function so it is all very confusing)
then you can also get Lawful too and Hunted with as hunter the law(which would mean the law would command you to die and then you would be obligated to comply) and then a fifth demerit such as gullible or overconfident or even cursed because it is what you are.

I think either you are really a noob, or you are having me on?

The others are dealing with the specifics, they do not all use the same 'pools.' These will be explained later, by the rst of the team, I am spent from overwork in compiling the basics.

In other words, you get action points, test roll targets, and manna that is separated.

noob
2018-08-19, 04:34 PM
I think either you are really a noob, or you are having me on?

The others are dealing with the specifics, they do not all use the same 'pools.' These will be explained later, by the rst of the team, I am spent from overwork in compiling the basics.

In other words, you get action points, test roll targets, and manna that is separated.

little person makes you get a 7 point penalty at using guns and spells but the thing to which this point penalty is inflicted is not specified in such a way it is possible to understand.
saying that it makes you lose 7 points to everything(including manna, hit points, armour, credits, damage of your weapon or of your spell, adventure points, growth points, ) each time you use a gun or spell would be 100% compatible which what the rules says due to their utter lack of specificity.
Anyway when using a spell which have no mana cost and which does not do a point based thing since you must get a 7 point penalty then it means it must affect points not related to that spell(since that spell have no point effect) or else the rule "you use guns and spells at a 7 point penalty" would be false since that spell would be an exception (you said nowhere it applied only to active spells)

What I say is that little person have rules written in a way so much unspecific that it could mean everything.

The ways demerits are written it is clear that you pay for getting them and that for losing them you pay four times the cost you paid to acquire them.

At no moment the kind of points used for buying feats, merits and demerits is specified so as far as I know it could be growth points and thus extremely hard to buy (and so demerits would need loads of session for being acquired and even more for being lost unless you play a snake people and gain demerits for free without needing to pay tons of growth points like regular people)
the players gets 40 points at start to buy varied things but the kind of point they get is not specified so they could be all growth points that can be spent on merits, demerits and skills.

Launch pad is likely to be a skill and gives its rank in bonus actions and can probably be bought like a normal skill since it is in a skill table and it is what I mentioned in allowing to have 30 actions.(since skills are super cheap if you have enough int due to how int reduce the cost of all the skills)

What I say is that the rules are not specific enough and it seems clear that snake people with 3+ int can buy like 30 actions which seems really weird and so when I see other weird things it is hard to guess what is the truth.
The acid resistance evolution according to the written text protects against fire only while it was probably not intended due to the name.
and flame throwing have no defined action cost nor does it define how you use it: only its effect is described.
It is likely demerits were not supposed to cost points to acquire but they do due to how the rules are written.
there is tons of comments like that and in fact if you wanted the rules to actually means stuff you would basically need to write 3 times more text.

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-08-19, 05:19 PM
little person makes you get a 7 point penalty at using guns and spells but the thing to which this point penalty is inflicted is not specified in such a way it is possible to understand.
saying that it makes you lose 7 points to everything(including manna, hit points, armour, credits, damage of your weapon or of your spell, adventure points, growth points, ) each time you use a gun or spell would be 100% compatible which what the rules says due to their utter lack of specificity.
Anyway when using a spell which have no mana cost and which does not do a point based thing since you must get a 7 point penalty then it means it must affect points not related to that spell(since that spell have no point effect) or else the rule "you use guns and spells at a 7 point penalty" would be false since that spell would be an exception (you said nowhere it applied only to active spells)

What I say is that little person have rules written in a way so much unspecific that it could mean everything.

The ways demerits are written it is clear that you pay for getting them and that for losing them you pay four times the cost you paid to acquire them.

At no moment the kind of points used for buying feats, merits and demerits is specified so as far as I know it could be growth points and thus extremely hard to buy (and so demerits would need loads of session for being acquired and even more for being lost unless you play a snake people and gain demerits for free without needing to pay tons of growth points like regular people)
the players gets 40 points at start to buy varied things but the kind of point they get is not specified so they could be all growth points that can be spent on merits, demerits and skills.

Launch pad is likely to be a skill and gives its rank in bonus actions and can probably be bought like a normal skill since it is in a skill table and it is what I mentioned in allowing to have 30 actions.(since skills are super cheap if you have enough int due to how int reduce the cost of all the skills)

What I say is that the rules are not specific enough and it seems clear that snake people with 3+ int can buy like 30 actions which seems really weird and so when I see other weird things it is hard to guess what is the truth

Noted.

From now on, there will be;

[1] "Creation points," points used to create your character,

[2] "Adventure points," points for playing your character that can be spent on things that you are allowed to,

[3] Specific "bonus points," for varied things,

[4] "Action points," for actions, (like time units from various older style games),

[5] "Manna points" and "manna pool" and costs, up and down, with a "cap,"

[6] "Health points" and "health pool," where you get a total that goes up and down, out of, per say,

[7] "Modifications," where you modify your character's statistics and talents and skills and other "values,"

[8] "Test mods," where you modify your dice range OR your dice roll, but it is easier and quicker to modify your test range on paper before the fight,

[9] "Difficulties," case by case modifications to dice rolls, remember, you need to roll under the number of the added 'strengths' you have?

Make sense now?

noob
2018-08-19, 05:47 PM
Noted.

From now on, there will be;

[1] "Creation points," points used to create your character,

[2] "Adventure points," points for playing your character that can be spent on things that you are allowed to,

[3] Specific "bonus points," for varied things,

[4] "Action points," for actions, (like time units from various older style games),

[5] "Manna points" and "manna pool" and costs, up and down, with a "cap,"

[6] "Health points" and "health pool," where you get a total that goes up and down, out of, per say,

[7] "Modifications," where you modify your character's statistics and talents and skills and other "values,"

[8] "Test mods," where you modify your dice range OR your dice roll, but it is easier and quicker to modify your test range on paper before the fight,

[9] "Difficulties," case by case modifications to dice rolls, remember, you need to roll under the number of the added 'strengths' you have?

Make sense now?
Makes sense but I have yet to find any text specifying a cap on the amount of manna you can get.

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-08-19, 06:21 PM
Makes sense but I have yet to find any text specifying a cap on the amount of manna you can get.

Noted, will defer to my editor, "Worm..." well, that is what i call him, and, "Reject Man," "squatting dog..."

Hell, he has a sense of humour!

Email him at "[email protected]" if you want to fin out the changes, yes?

Artists and junior design is handled by "[email protected]," and, she doesn't mind receiving mail. She and Pippa, who gets way too much gaming mail, are also involved in the team. They were drafted in as artists, as they are very talented, but deferred to mechanics and fluff too, as we were expecting too much of "Rickets..." Or was it "Skeletor," I get mixed up with his 'blasphemous names...'

Or, complain! Tell him that idiot Brett makes it too hard to understand. Hell, I was ina rush, but so is he!

I heard he is submitting Monday morning, to acquire rights and find publishers...

We are packing our own dice into the sleeve. Or, selling them separately, I am not sure...

We are mixing licensing from games with regular publishers for marketing reasons. My goal is to have places like "Wall Mart" and "Exclusive Books" selling it too, as, it is not a niche game, as, it is more varied for audiences. Hell, we will market it to the purchasing departments, who need a new beginning to the world of games as it will break new ground in terms of markets. And, they will understand it, as you have shown me where it was confusing. Thank you. The more you pitch, with the right pitch, the more orders you get in.

~ Remember, it is not us selling the games to the audience, we should leave that to sales people, no? We get more cash for more follow up supplements and living expenses, as we are all going into this instead of our usual jobs, with orders to stores, not selling them off the shelf. This means we handle the product, they handle the sales, mutual stuff, you see?

It's actual goal is to bridge the time spending gap between people dating or in relationships, where, the women want to spend time with their men, but cannot get along with 'just killing things.' This game is also for kids, as, they will but it just for the artworks, which are up to a very high standard, in development as we speak. Yes, we am aiming for the stars! Let's see how far me and my four person team gets?

noob
2018-08-20, 04:03 AM
Noted, will defer to my editor, "Worm..." well, that is what i call him, and, "Reject Man," "squatting dog..."

Hell, he has a sense of humour!

Email him at "[email protected]" if you want to fin out the changes, yes?

Artists and junior design is handled by "[email protected]," and, she doesn't mind receiving mail. She and Pippa, who gets way too much gaming mail, are also involved in the team. They were drafted in as artists, as they are very talented, but deferred to mechanics and fluff too, as we were expecting too much of "Rickets..." Or was it "Skeletor," I get mixed up with his 'blasphemous names...'

Or, complain! Tell him that idiot Brett makes it too hard to understand. Hell, I was ina rush, but so is he!

I heard he is submitting Monday morning, to acquire rights and find publishers...

We are packing our own dice into the sleeve. Or, selling them separately, I am not sure...

We are mixing licensing from games with regular publishers for marketing reasons. My goal is to have places like "Wall Mart" and "Exclusive Books" selling it too, as, it is not a niche game, as, it is more varied for audiences. Hell, we will market it to the purchasing departments, who need a new beginning to the world of games as it will break new ground in terms of markets. And, they will understand it, as you have shown me where it was confusing. Thank you. The more you pitch, with the right pitch, the more orders you get in.

~ Remember, it is not us selling the games to the audience, we should leave that to sales people, no? We get more cash for more follow up supplements and living expenses, as we are all going into this instead of our usual jobs, with orders to stores, not selling them off the shelf. This means we handle the product, they handle the sales, mutual stuff, you see?

It's actual goal is to bridge the time spending gap between people dating or in relationships, where, the women want to spend time with their men, but cannot get along with 'just killing things.' This game is also for kids, as, they will but it just for the artworks, which are up to a very high standard, in development as we speak. Yes, we am aiming for the stars! Let's see how far me and my four person team gets?

Getting to sell a new product in wall marts is very hard.
Good luck with that.

Also I figured out lepton weapons had an inappropriate description since it have less range than gauss weapons and shoots as mush often as gauss weapons(and have less damage but maybe it is secondary) which hardly makes them ultimate sniper weapons.
Unless you consider clip size is the main thing a sniper weapon needs but then it is weird.
I guess giving the title of ultimate sniper weapons to gauss weapons would make more sense.

Also rail guns costs way more than gauss cannons and are worse on every point at once(it is also more expensive per bullet) so I can not see someone ever using a rail gun instead of using a gauss cannon unless if you were lacking the physique for carrying a cannon but not lacking the physique for carrying a rail gun but rail guns have no defined mass unlike cannons(which is problematic).

I checked the salvos rules on mechas and it is unintuitive: the more pods above two you shoot the lower the total action cost is.
example: I have 4 pods with fusion cannons on my mecha.
if I shoot two pods it costs 10 actions.
if I shoot three pods it costs 15/2 = 7.5 actions so in fact shooting three pods at once is faster than shooting two pods at once.
if I shoot four pods it costs 20/3 which is approximatively 6.7 actions so even less than for shooting three pods.
So if I have 20 actions in my turn I could shoot two pods twice or shoot all the four pods 3 times in a row(both spends 20 actions).

The load of the varied weapons and armours is given twice and cannons either take 7 load or 3 load depending on the place where you read their load basically the table for loads in equipement is very different from the loads given in the weapon/armour/mech section.
Also unless you spend most of your starting money on clothes you need at least two physique for wearing clothes or you could just wear armour like the people in that world.
And then the weird stuff now is that it seems that weapons are so much bought in your world that the cheapest clothings costs like 4 pistols.
The fact regular clothings costs as much as armour means that basically people buys so much armour and wear armour so much often it is like normal clothes for people(or else you would incur a charisma penalty for wearing armor instead of wearing clothes).
Actually armour is lighter than regular clothes(due to armour not having its load said a second time in the equipment table and so being extremely light relatively to the other equipment) so most people wearing regular clothes wear clothes heavier than armour.
It says a lot about how much people fights.

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-08-20, 02:22 PM
"Synergy" now offers many game styles combined for a group to play all individually, or, in pairs of their choosing.

We have basics of terran, zerg and protoss game types, with cybernetics, mutant evolutions, including x men stuff, and magic.

We have modified the races to include elves and dwarves, instead of dragons and that funny 'tekka stuffies.'

We have four major magic types, being, the [force], cheapest to acquire and easiest to master, like star wars, dark and light side, dark sun elemental mixed with other major types of [cleric] magic, second edition [psionic] powers, and regular [arcane] powers. Yes, you buy merits to have access to them later.

We have also got a tribute to "Infinity Wars," "Fight Club" philosophies and other movies, like "Star Wars" and many games, like "Blizzard" games, "Fireaxis" games, "T.S.R." and "White Wolf," "F.A.S.A." and "Mech Warrior," too!

There are now a combined total of more than [250] skills and talents, [100] mutations and cybernatics types, and, a unique "Alien Covenant" inspired alien to play, mixed with other game types!

There are more than [fifty] weapons, about twenty unique to cybernetics syncing. Yes, also with gear and items, more suites, and more gear!

"Pokemon" and "Elektra" inspired tattoo power animals, and familiars that now sync you with that type of creature too!

Should be released on the first of next month, if you ask me...

It has grown in the past three days, a lot!

noob
2018-08-21, 03:31 AM
We have modified the races to include elves and dwarves, instead of dragons and that funny 'tekka stuffies.'

What do you call tekka stuffies?
Did you remove the tyrant sectoids that kills all the people who does not see them as good from the other side of the universe until all people thinks they are good people?
(I mean nobody can consider you the good guys if you still teach a spell that allows to kill with the mind anything in the universe(if you have multiple allies to focus fire the target you can even kill people using regenerating armour or regenerating mechas) commonly enough for it to be a 3 point cost spell unless people that knows about it simply die)
Or did you remove a different race?
Elves and dwarves are a bit too much common as playable races so I do not know if it is a good idea if you want to differentiate yourself more from a kitchen sink futurist dnd or gurps.