PDA

View Full Version : Third party pathfinder: The Machinesmith

MoogleMcGee
2018-08-19, 01:14 PM
Hello all! I have recently come across a third party pathfinder class called the Machinesmith. I don't want to break any rules and post a link but it's easy enough to find.

I've been looking at this thing and I don't really get it. Is it basically a super specialized Artificer? Why would you play this over an Artificer? I mean maybe if you want to play iron man with the in class mobious suit it would be pretty cool.

Has anyone else even thought of using this class and if so how did you do it?

Edit: Here are the books that Machinesmith and the pathfinder Artificer can be found in.

Machinesmith can be found in Classes of NeoExodus: Machinesmith Copyright 2012, Louis Porter Jr. Design, Inc.

The pathfinder artificer can be found in Tome of Secrets, Copyright 2009, Adamant Entertainment, Inc.

legomaster00156
2018-08-19, 02:16 PM
There is no Paizo Artificer class.

MoogleMcGee
2018-08-19, 02:59 PM
There is no Paizo Artificer class.

There is a third party one, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as 3.5

Buufreak
2018-08-19, 03:29 PM
I've not seen either. You have book citations not pertaining to forum-illegal links?

MoogleMcGee
2018-08-19, 04:20 PM
I've not seen either. You have book citations not pertaining to forum-illegal links?

I do not actually know what books they are in, I found them through the pathfinder srd. I wasn't sure if those links would be allowed so I didn't post them. Let me pull up where they were printed.

Edit: See my edit to OP for the books that the classes can be found in.

legomaster00156
2018-08-19, 07:10 PM
They are by two different 3rd party publishers which did not collaborate, hence why one seems similar to the other. Neither one built with the existence of the other in mind, but around the same concept.

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-08-19, 08:33 PM
Lego has the right answer above me, so let me say that if you’re interested in 3pp Artificer classes I recommend the Blacksmith and Technician, both from Spheres of Might by Drop Dead Studios. One’s a martial that specializes in crafting items and sundering (then repairing!) enemy weapons. The other is more of a gadgeteer, with bombs and inventions more like the classes you mention above.

Both can be found on the Spheres of Power wiki if you aren’t sure about buying the book yet

Ellrin
2018-08-20, 12:02 AM
I'm not 100% up on the legal technicalities, but I'm pretty sure all content on d20pfsrd is hosted there legally under whatever open license the content owners have published their work, so I don't think there's any problems with posting links, if you want to do so in the future.