PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spell lists on the srd not complete? Where do i find an updated one?

Nyan
2018-08-19, 06:42 PM
Hey so i was looking at this spell list here for the wizard/sorcerer:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-lists-and-domains/spell-lists-sorcerer-and-wizard/

When i noticed that as i was looking at the full list of spells on the same site (aka spells for all classes) thee were spells who said in their respective descriptions that they were wizard or sorcerer spells but were for whatever reason not on the class list.

Ive since started looking through every spell to see which are missing and its becoming more hassle than its worth.

For example there is a spell called Arcane Pocket. It says its a wizard spell but does not appear on the class list posted above.

Is there any place or site with a complete full list of spells for a selected class?

Ive looked through every spell from A-C at this point and its over like 85 spells not listed. I dont want to have to do it for the rest of the alphabet...

DrMotives
2018-08-19, 07:06 PM
The SRDs are incomplete because they only have what is considered public domain, more or less. Things Paizo or WoTC have decided are their own IPs that aren't to be shared willynilly won't be present there. Any complete listing is going to be either inside of official licensed products or done illegally by fans. Can't really post that sort of stuff here.

Nyan
2018-08-19, 07:14 PM
The SRDs are incomplete because they only have what is considered public domain, more or less. Things Paizo or WoTC have decided are their own IPs that aren't to be shared willynilly won't be present there. Any complete listing is going to be either inside of official licensed products or done illegally by fans. Can't really post that sort of stuff here.

But the spells not on the list still exists on the site. If they werent public domain as you say they would not be om the site at all right? They are there. But just not on the list of whatever class they belong too if you look at their class list. On the list of all spells for all classes. Then they are there.

legomaster00156
2018-08-19, 07:21 PM
The SRD is run by one guy who does this as a hobby and occasionally overlooks things.

Jack_Simth
2018-08-19, 07:55 PM
Hey so i was looking at this spell list here for the wizard/sorcerer:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-lists-and-domains/spell-lists-sorcerer-and-wizard/

When i noticed that as i was looking at the full list of spells on the same site (aka spells for all classes) thee were spells who said in their respective descriptions that they were wizard or sorcerer spells but were for whatever reason not on the class list.

Ive since started looking through every spell to see which are missing and its becoming more hassle than its worth.

For example there is a spell called Arcane Pocket. It says its a wizard spell but does not appear on the class list posted above.

Is there any place or site with a complete full list of spells for a selected class?

Ive looked through every spell from A-C at this point and its over like 85 spells not listed. I dont want to have to do it for the rest of the alphabet...
You can use Google's site: option to get around the problem. It will take subdirectories, and you can wrap "Druid 7" in quotes to get a list of spells for a specific class and level.

Edit:
A sample search line to get you started:

site:d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells "bard 6"
Should get you a listing of spells that have "bard 6" in them. There will be a few duplicates, and before you open it you can't be sure if it grabbed a lesser/greater/supreme/et cetera version, but it may help.