PDA

View Full Version : What's happening in FR? (SPOILERS)

Ramos
2007-09-13, 02:34 PM
Anyone read the sample chapter from the new Drizzt book yet?

Major upheavals are coming up-as if the return of the jed... errr Archwizards, the war of the Spider Queen, the rise of the elves, the wars in Thay and the frozen North and Blackstaff's death weren't a sign.

Personally, I didn't like the spoilerish/deja vu way the chapter was written, especially the revealing of Faerun's state 100 years into the future-that and Drizzt living still-how are we supposed to fantasize about his death if we know he survives for at least sixty more books? (every new set of books advances FR story by 5 years)

So, what do you think of the developments as well as the hints appearing? Is that the transition to 4th edition that changes the realms?

puppyavenger
2007-09-13, 06:23 PM
So what happens if salvatore dies before drizzit?

Starsinger
2007-09-13, 06:26 PM
So what happens if salvatore dies before drizzit?

Nevermind that Salvatore deserves to die for inflicting Drizz't upon the world.. but hopefully if that happens, Drizz't'll just die off, hopefully taking FR with him.

tainsouvra
2007-09-13, 06:28 PM
So what happens if salvatore dies before drizzit? Published fan fiction.
That's right, Drizzt as seen by emo fanboys, in print.

Flawless
2007-09-13, 06:39 PM
Published fan fiction.
That's right, Drizzt as seen by emo fanboys, in print.

The horror! The horror!

Ralfarius
2007-09-13, 06:40 PM
Don't hate Mr. Salvatore for Drizzt. He just wrote a character that a lot of people really, really liked and have tried (poorly) to emulate. Personally, I find his books enjoyable, even if he has a penchant for characters to think one another are dead every other trilogy.

horseboy
2007-09-13, 06:57 PM
Yeah, not really Salvitore's fault. He just writes brain candy. It's those annoying gits with xXDrizzitXx, Dryzet, Drezet, and the dreaded Drizolas that are the problem.

Mojo_Rat
2007-09-13, 07:51 PM
Really this is fairly normal for a new edition. They will advance the setting forward 10 years or so and then Explain why things came into existence or disappeared.

It happend witht he other edition shifts. Last big event was.. time of troubles (i think that was between editions its been so long my memory is a little fuzzy) Stuff like Monks no longer existing, the story being explained to explain why they exist, then they'll come back into existance again in another edition (as happend in 1 to 2nd then 2nd to 3rd)

It connects tot he forgotten realms in that They re-write alot of the history to explain this stuff.

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-14, 12:44 AM
Wai-wai-wait a sec! Drizz't is still alive?! I didn't know that!

Attilargh
2007-09-14, 01:45 AM
Please, don't spell his name with any more apostrophes than necessary. "Drizzt Daermon N'a'shezbaernon" has enough already.