PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by Iron Chef

Hunterx
2018-08-20, 03:32 PM
So I have thought this over and over and over and finally come up with something that I think is what I am looking for but would need some help fine toning it I think. So let us start from the begining shall we and go from there.

Race: Half-Elf
Stats: Str 12 Dex 10 Con 14 Int 17 Wis 12 Cha 18
Templates: Draconic, Phrenic
Stats after Templates: St 14 Dex 10 Con 16 Int 19 Wis 14 Cha 24
Stats after levels: St 14 Dex 10 Con 16 Int 19 Wis 14 Cha 28

Classes: Savage Bard, Half Elf subatitution 1,6: 7 Chaotic monk 1 Marshal 1 Mystic Wandere 1 Sublime Cord 7 LA 3
Feats: Snowflake wardance
Flaw Feat Dragonfire Insperation: on the fence with this one
Flaw Feat Extra Music
Level 3 Improved initiative
Level 6 Word of creation
Level 9 Ascetic mage
Level 12 Arcane Strike
Level 15 improved natural attack (maybe)

This gives me the Cha to AC x 2 for 28, cha to all my dex checks and skills including initiative 7th levels spells and a bunch of nice stuff from the 2 templates. Arcane strike gives me up to 7D4+weapon damage,+2, that plus dragonfire insperation.

Would really like some input into this to round it out.

Also forgot that arcane strike and ascetic mage can be used together, and with snowflake wardance would be using top teir spells would be
BAB +8/+3, Arcane strike +8, Ascetic mage +8 wardance +9 that is a +33/28 for the price of 1 spell and 1 bard music

Kelb_Panthera
2018-08-20, 05:30 PM
2 spells; one for arcane strike, one for ascetic mage. They're separate activations.

Hunterx
2018-08-20, 06:24 PM
2 spells; one for arcane strike, one for ascetic mage. They're separate activations.
I disagree, it says one spell, so you discharge one spell as a free action and the same spell as a swift action to get the two effect off of one spell. I can see and understand since it is a free and a swift action there is nothing in the rules that say they can not be the same action so as RAW you get both off one spell. As for RAI I can see your point but I go for the benefit of myself and go with RAW. However in general how does the build looking is there away to make it better do, aside from removing monk because it is needed for the one feat to get cha to AC. Are there feats that would be better in the spots that I have questions about. Help would be great and if it is 2 spells that is fine with a huge Cha the number of spells the char will have will be pretty good I think

Kelb_Panthera
2018-08-20, 06:41 PM
I'm sorry, no. A free action and a swift action are still two actions and both require you to expend a slot in these cases. They are wholly separate mechanically. Neither says you can do so as part of any other action. That's the RAW of it.

KrimsonNekros
2018-08-20, 07:55 PM
Kelb has this one right. Even if they were the same type of action, it's still two separate actions, and this separate activations by RAW.

daremetoidareyo
2018-08-20, 08:33 PM
Battledancer. Cha to AC ×2.

Also, why marshal? That only boosts ability checks.

Hunterx
2018-08-21, 12:40 AM
Battledancer. Cha to AC ×2.

Also, why marshal? That only boosts ability checks.

If I take it adds to initiative if I take cha it adds to the timeless ability of the sublime cord makes it a 25 DC

and battledancer would make it cha to AC x3 not 2

daremetoidareyo
2018-08-21, 07:50 AM
Sublime chords timeless ability isn't charisma ability check, you don't double your modifier for saving throw calculations of your class abilities with motivate charisma. Replace marshal with battle dancer, youll get +1 Bab and more charisma synergy for AC.

Hunterx
2018-08-21, 12:25 PM
Sublime chords timeless ability isn't charisma ability check, you don't double your modifier for saving throw calculations of your class abilities with motivate charisma. Replace marshal with battle dancer, youll get +1 Bab and more charisma synergy for AC.

Song of Timelessness (Su): A sublime chord of 6th level or higher with 16 or more ranks in a Perform skill knows the song of timelessness. As a standard action, she can envelop a single creature within 60 feet in a field of timelessness, provided she has line of effect to the target (see page 176 of the Player?s Handbook). The subject is entitled to a Will save (DC 10 + sublime chord level + Cha modifier) to negate the effect. If the subject fails its save, it is frozen in a shimmering aura of timelessness and can take no actions. However, no force can affect it?weapons cannot reach it, spells that target it automatically fail, and if the ground it is standing on is somehow taken away, it would not even begin to fall. A sublime chord can keep her target frozen in time for as long as she maintains the power by continuing to perform, up to a maximum of 1 minute per level. When she stops performing, the subject immediately returns to normal. As far as the creature is concerned, no time seems
to have passed.

I have bolded the area for you so you can see it better yes you do add your cha twice and I made a mistake it is not 25 it is 35 and even at that if it did not get added twice having a +13 to initiative is not all that bad

It is true that Battledancer will add to the AC for sure, but that would leave me with a mear +4 to init if I took that it would in fact leave me with the same thing if I took motivate cha as the sublime cord timelessness song is a cha based check as I have indicated with the bolding in the above.

daremetoidareyo
2018-08-21, 01:05 PM
Minor Aura: A minor aura lets allies add the marshal's Charisma bonus (if any) to certain rolls

Motivate Charisma: Bonus on Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks.

That's different than doubling your charisma modifier for calculating save DCs for abilities. Unless those abilities are charisma checks or charisma based skill checks, which they aren't, the marshal's aura doesn't apply. Believe me, I wish that marshal worked the way you say it does. I'd be sprinkling marshal into all sorts of builds. If you just want +4 to initiative, there is a feat for that. And there are items that offer that, The Warning weapon property in MIC gives you a +5 Insight bonus to initiative, spend some gold on that and save your resource of limited class levels.

Looking at ascetic mage

If you would normally be allowed to add your Wisdom bonus to AC (such as for a unarmored, unencumbered monk), you instead add your Charisma bonus (if any) to your AC.

It appears that you could take a level of deadly hunter druid to get wis to AC, which is then modified by the ascetic mage feat. Seeing as how you need access to 2nd level divine spells, and savage bard casts arcane spells, I'm not sure how you're getting into mystic wanderer without some sort of arcane/divine shuffling feat (southern magician?). So maybe you would like deadly hunter 3 to get those divine spellcaster levels.

You also haven't taken the (terrible) iron will pre-req for mystic wanderer.

Hunterx
2018-08-21, 01:39 PM
That's different than doubling your charisma modifier for calculating save DCs for abilities. Unless those abilities are charisma checks or charisma based skill checks, which they aren't, the marshal's aura doesn't apply. Believe me, I wish that marshal worked the way you say it does. I'd be sprinkling marshal into all sorts of builds. If you just want +4 to initiative, there is a feat for that. And there are items that offer that, The Warning weapon property in MIC gives you a +5 Insight bonus to initiative, spend some gold on that and save your resource of limited class levels.

Looking at ascetic mage

It appears that you could take a level of deadly hunter druid to get wis to AC, which is then modified by the ascetic mage feat. Seeing as how you need access to 2nd level divine spells, and savage bard casts arcane spells, I'm not sure how you're getting into mystic wanderer without some sort of arcane/divine shuffling feat (southern magician?). So maybe you would like deadly hunter 3 to get those divine spellcaster levels.

You also haven't taken the (terrible) iron will pre-req for mystic wanderer.

You are correct on the savage bard, I forgot it is, Divine Savage Bard. which means I will have to rethink the stat points as I need at least a 17 in wis now.

I also just found the full thing on ability checks, and this is not making me happy, so I have to re work this a little and getting to SC 10 maybe the way to go since the damage is based off of your performance check. I have to step out for a min and will be back but I have a few ideas that just popped into my head.