PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Curse of Strahd Artwork

Raynor007
2018-08-21, 09:19 AM
I am laying groundwork to run Curse of Strahd for my group, and I have plenty of DM experience, but one ability I lack is physical creativity: I can't draw, sketch, or otherwise put pen to paper for any purpose more involved than writing words or tracking initiative. I have a lot of what I hope are great ideas for the campaign, most of which I can find visual aids for online, or use the provided illustrations in the book, but some ideas are my own, and I would love to have some of them illustrated so I can give my players an idea of what they're looking at. For example, in Strahd lore, he tangles with Lord Soth at some point, and I would love to have a quick portrait done of the two of them locking blades that Strahd has hanging in Castle Ravenloft. Another example is a location that is not in the book, the focal point of which is a either a picture wall or a tapestry depicting Barovian history, which I would again love to have a visual aid for. Does anyone here either A) already have anything remotely like either of those things that they would be willing to copy for me, or B) have any drawing ability and the time/inclination to do custom sketches for me? I'm willing to pay for good work of course. Depending on how things go, I could see developing a working relationship, as I will likely have similar needs in the future. Thanks in advance for any help.

Unoriginal
2018-08-21, 09:39 AM
Would recommending artists you can contact to draw commissions for money be any use for you?

Raynor007
2018-08-21, 10:03 AM
Would recommending artists you can contact to draw commissions for money be any use for you?

Indeed; thank you.

Red Bear
2018-08-21, 01:54 PM
I ran curse of strand and I can tell you there is a ton of artwork about it so always look carefully online, about these two specific request though I can't help very much. The only thing I can think of is a scene in a comic book where Strand locks blade with a bold medium armored fighter (the comic book is called shadows of the vampire, you can see the fighter I'm talking about on the cover)