PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Reducer Rogue Archetype [PEACH]

Llama513
2018-08-21, 06:56 PM
This archetype was based slightly on Ant Man, but was mostly made around the fact that I think being able to shrink and infiltrate a location is a really cool idea, that I hadn't seen really explored.

I think I have the correct feel, but can definitely understand that there is probably mechanical fixes that are needed.

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1MlIm5I7

I am contemplating adding secondary penalties to both Minature and Microscopic Form.

In Miniature Form my thinking being you take an extra 1d4 damage from Weapon Attacks, while Microscopic Form is Vulnerability to Weapon Damage.

My thinking being that neither form is meant for combat, and do to your size weapons would be more dangerous, in particular in Microscopic Form which takes you to being less than an inch, but you do have a stupid high stealth bonus to avoid being seen and thus avoid being hit while in this form, which I think makes sense given the insane stealth you can have. If you have a simple 14 Dex, with Expertise in Stealth you have a +22 to Stealth in Microscopic Form.

thegreatone5224
2018-08-21, 11:04 PM
Depending on the exact mechanics you are aiming for, you may want to reconsider allowing miniature to refresh on short rests at 17th level. Reason being, given there is no real penalty for being miniature at that point, you could actually live your life miniature/Microscopic and nearly never revert to normal. When you can stay in that form for 8 hours, you are guaranteed to get a short/long rest in during that time and can refresh the ability.

I'm not sure if this is intended but it is certainly possible.

Other than that I don't really see anything wrong with the class personally.

Llama513
2018-08-21, 11:26 PM
Depending on the exact mechanics you are aiming for, you may want to reconsider allowing miniature to refresh on short rests at 17th level. Reason being, given there is no real penalty for being miniature at that point, you could actually live your life miniature/Microscopic and nearly never revert to normal. When you can stay in that form for 8 hours, you are guaranteed to get a short/long rest in during that time and can refresh the ability.

I'm not sure if this is intended but it is certainly possible.

Other than that I don't really see anything wrong with the class personally.

This is fair, I hadn't thought about that, my intention was for it to work like wildshape at that point, so if that would work with wild shape as well then I'm good with that.

Decided to add that you take extra damage in the shrunken forms.

Llama513
2018-08-22, 05:25 PM
Contemplating adding a speed penalty to the shrunken forms, having Miniature Form from reduce your speed by 10, and Microscopic Form reduce speed by 20.

But given that you take extra damage that might be too much of a penalty.

Llama513
2018-08-23, 04:09 PM
So given that there wasn't anything major pointed out and it's been a few days without a response. I am going to call it ready to play test. Especially given the penalties that were added to the shrunken forms.

Vogie
2018-08-24, 07:53 AM
If I'm reading it correctly, using the Microscopic Form feature uses up all of your access to the rest of your abilities until the next rest? Was that intended?

I've also created one of these, which is in my signature. You can poke around to see if there's anything you like.

Llama513
2018-08-24, 09:33 PM
It uses up your uses of the minature form, but not your sudden shift, but beyond that yes it was intentional to for microscopic form to use both uses of miniature form. Basing on the uses of Wildshape.