PDA

View Full Version : Caster feats

VelociRapture12
2018-08-22, 12:13 PM
I made these as a way to fight more than one caster at a time as someone not an arcanist. I知 the only one who plays arcane in my group, so it comes up more often than not. I知 thinking that it might be a bit to strong so I thought I壇 get some more opinions. Criticism welcome!

Reactionary Caster
Through your reactions and understanding of magic you can deny spells faster than others.

Prerequisites: Ability to cast 2nd level spells, Improved Counterspell

Benefit: You can as an immediate action can counter a spell being cast, to do this you must use up two spell slots of a spell level one higher than the spell being cast

Ex. Caster 1 begins to cast Magic Missile, in response Caster 2 with this feat must use 2 Second level spell slots to counter this spell.

Normal: You must ready an action to counter spell, at one spell level higher with one slot expended.
Special: You can gain this feat more than once, every time you do it applies to a new Spell list.

Reactionary Caster, Improved
Through serious study and understanding of magic you can deny spells almost instantly.

Prerequisites: Ability to cast 4th level spells, Improved Counterspell, Reactionary Caster

Benefit: You can as an immediate action can counter a spell being cast, this does not affect the spell
level you must spend to counter a spell. You must still spend two spell slots to counter a spell this way.

Previous: When countering a spell you must spend spells at one spell level higher with two spell slots expended.

Special: You can gain this feat more than once, every time you do it applies to a new Spell list.

Reactionary Caster, Greater

Through serious study and understanding of magic you can deny spells almost instantly, and without effort.

Prerequisites: Ability to cast 6th level spells, Improved Counterspell, Improved Reactionary Caster, Reactionary Caster

Benefit: You can as an immediate action can counter a spell being cast, this does not affect the spell level you must spend to counter a spell, or how many spell slots you must use to counter a spell.

Previous: When countering a spell you must expend two spell slots.

Kyrell1978
2018-08-22, 04:19 PM
I think this is fair.

VelociRapture12
2018-08-23, 01:58 PM
Sweet!
If anyone else has anything to say about it I wont be able to bring it to my DM for another two days.

noob
2018-08-23, 03:21 PM
reread a bit: there is some minor grammar mistakes like
"You can as an immediate action can counter a spell being cast, to do this you must use up two spell slots of a spell level one higher than the spell being cast"
extra can which is here for no known reason.
also you do not specify you have to counter a spell from a given spell list but then you mention spell lists in special.