PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Shadowsun Ninja and his own Darkness

BRKNdevil
2018-08-22, 04:31 PM
Just want to clear a few things up for the class abilities of the Shadow Sun Ninja from Tome of Battle

One of the abilities allows you to switch your stance effects for alternating Darkness (as spell) and Dazzling effect.

I want to know if I can Hide in my own Darkness since it grants concealment, and secondly. are my attacks effected by darkness?

Since its magical (Supernatural actually) darkness, does that mean Darkvision doesn't work on it?

The Viscount
2018-08-22, 06:46 PM
I don't see text saying that Child of Shadow and Light automatically grants you concealment, but if you use it against a foe whose vision would be impaired sufficiently to give you concealment, you would be able to hide it in. Darkvision indeed fails against this magical darkness. This would mean you can hide from most people except for Baatezu and foes with certain divination effects or class features.
In terms of your attacks being affected, you would suffer the same penalties as anyone else. That being said, you can use Darkness within Light to counteract the effect, though due to the drawback I'd recommend simply using a different method like the Blindfold of True Darkness.