PDA

View Full Version : Optimization War Hulking Hurler record

Aplatypus
2018-08-22, 07:33 PM
Completed a War Hulking Hurler build today that's top Overburdened Heave was 104,857,600 pounds. That's roughly 524,288d6 or 1,835,008 average damage

Can anyone beat that?

ExLibrisMortis
2018-08-22, 07:44 PM
Any of the methods to get NI Strength will do it (festering anger + Cancer Mage, Pun-Pun). It would be funny to build an Illithid Savant who stole the Disease Host (Ex), Really Throw Anything (Ex), and Two-Handed Hurl Trick (Ex) abilities. Teensy tiny illithid throwing planets because he caught a cold six aeons ago.

2018-08-22, 09:14 PM
Race (LA buyoff)
Half-Minotaur Half-Ogre Feral Mineral Warrior Half-Orc

Class Levels
Half-Orc Paragon 3/Whirling Barbarian 2/Hulking Hurler 2/Eye Of Gruumsh 2/Bear Warrior 5/Frenzied Berserker 1/Warshaper 2

non-prereq feats
Khyber's Fury
Natural Heavyweight
Reckless Rage

Items
Tome of Str +5
Belt of Strength +5
Slotless "Belt of the Wide Earth"
Ring of continuous Enlarge Person
Aboleth Tentacle graft
Clawed Hand graft
Hauling Back graft

Base 18. HM 12, HOgre 4, Feral 4, MW 2, HOrc 2. HD bumps 5. HOP 2. Belt 6, Tome 5, Ring 2, grafts 8. Total all-day Strength 70.

HOP rage, EoG rage, and Whirling rage are used to fuel Bear Rage. Bear rage+frenzy give a total of +30 Str while active, bringing the total to Str 100.

I am effectively a Str 100 Huge quadruped with 4 times normal CC for my Str/size/legs. My medium load (thanks Overburdened Heave) 419430400 lbs, which is either a 4194305d6 blunt object, or a 8388609d6 spiky object.

RoboEmperor
2018-08-22, 09:15 PM
Guys. Don't be cruel. Be nice to him. Let him brag :(

2018-08-22, 09:33 PM

I'm sorry, but if I don't take a dump on the optimization of others, I'll get my license revoked. :smalltongue:

Buufreak
2018-08-22, 09:45 PM

Because he didn't just brag. He asked if anyone can beat it. The answer is quick and simple or long and complex, but either way it's a "yes, we can."

daremetoidareyo
2018-08-22, 10:05 PM
Maybe a better structure is to form an overburdened heave list, and cross the techniques off as they're...pitched.

Like, I saw festering anger cancer mage. They are on the list so now that option is banned. Who has the runner up? and what are her stats?

The overburdened Heave List:
festering anger cancer mage (Infinity times time)
pun pun (Infinity)
Illithid Savant festerancer mage hurler (infinity times time)
The Avataur Vecna Bearer (8388609d6 spiky object)

2018-08-22, 11:00 PM
Maybe a better structure is to form an overburdened heave list, and cross the techniques off as they're...pitched.

Like, I saw festering anger cancer mage. They are on the list so now that option is banned. Who has the runner up? and what are her stats?

The overburdened Heave List:
festering anger cancer mage (Infinity times time)
pun pun (Infinity)
Illithid Savant festerancer mage hurler (infinity times time)
The Avataur Vecna Bearer (8388609d6 spiky object)

Race: Half-Minotaur/Half-Ogre/Primordial Giant/Earth Kobold (Venerable) (LA +3, LA buyoff)

Class: Wu Jen 18/Hulking Hurler 2

Feats: Dragonwrought/Natural Heavyweight

Attrbutes: At least 17 Int. Base 18, earth kobold -2, HO 8, HM 12, PG -4, level 4, belt 6, grafts 8; total Str 50.

Items: Orange Ioun Stone, slotless Belt Of The Wide Earth, Str Tome +5, Belt Of Giant Strength +6, Aboleth Tentacle graft, Clawed Arm graft, Hauling Back graft.

Cast "Giant Size" at CL 19 to become Colossal with additional +32 to Str (not a size bonus technically, even though it probably should be, so it'll stack with the race bonuses that are labeled as size even though they should be racial bonuses.

Final product: Colossal quadruped with Str 82 and x4 CC on top. Medium Load: 136314880 lbs...oh yeah, and you have 9th lvl spells.

Race: doesn't matter as long as you're Large.

Attributes: Wis 17+

Class: Cleric 13+/Hulking Hurler 1

Feats: Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell).

Items: nightstick(s)

Tactic: Cast a Persistent Extended "Greater Consumptive Field" and walk through a battlefield. All the Warrior 1s with 9 HP or less (...probably most of them) will probably fail the save and die. You get +2 Str, +1d8 temp HP, and +1 CL per death this causes, and only the CL is capped. With the only non-cleric investment being a single level of Hulking Hurler, you can now basically cheat your way to NI hurling (you can only kill so many people in 48 hours with this spell, but you don't need that many to completely outperform anybody who isn't cheating.

Like...okay, so this has a 30 ft radius. If you used this in an area where every square has a Medium creature in it (say, a crowd of commoners or something) and they all fail the save, and you never affected anybody else for the rest of the spells duration, that would be 120 deaths caused by this spell. That's how many Medium creature can fit inside it...well, in a 2D map, anyway, but let's not assume flying lvl 1 characters. So even just with that, you're already looking at a minimum of +240 Str; since you've a large race, probably at least Str 14 for your normal Str, so maybe 254 total at minimum?

Final result: Large size, est. minimum 254 Str. Light Load: 32838747282909866 lbs. That is approximately a sphere of steel 50000 ft in diameter. Oh yeah, and you have at least 7th lvl spells. And if you're lvl 21, you can take that spell as a Permanent Emanation so that it gets bigger forever.

flappeercraft
2018-08-22, 11:05 PM
I have a relatively quick way of beating those previously stated.

Build: Commoner 1/Cleric 17/Hulking Hurler 1
Race: Lesser Aasimar Half Minotaur
Feats:
-Extend Spell
-Persistent Spell
-DMM Persist
-Point Blank Shot
-Power Attack
-Weapon Focus Throwing Dagger
Flaw: Chicken Infested
Items:
-Holy Symbol
-Spell Component Pouch

Now he casts DMM Persistent Greater Consumptive Field and draws and drops items from his spell component pouch. There is a 50% (20% maybe?) chance IIRC of those being chickens and they get instantly killed if they fail the save. Drawing an item from a spell component pouch is a free action and dropping items is a free action. NI strength immediately

Edit: Just got Ninja'd with the idea of using Consumptive Field...... At least I was the first to suggest using it with chicken infested and a spell component pouch.

2018-08-22, 11:29 PM
I have a relatively quick way of beating those previously stated.

Build: Commoner 1/Cleric 17/Hulking Hurler 1
Race: Lesser Aasimar Half Minotaur
Feats:
-Extend Spell
-Persistent Spell
-DMM Persist
-Point Blank Shot
-Power Attack
-Weapon Focus Throwing Dagger
Flaw: Chicken Infested
Items:
-Holy Symbol
-Spell Component Pouch

Now he casts DMM Persistent Greater Consumptive Field and draws and drops items from his spell component pouch. There is a 50% (20% maybe?) chance IIRC of those being chickens and they get instantly killed if they fail the save. Drawing an item from a spell component pouch is a free action and dropping items is a free action. NI strength immediately

Edit: Just got Ninja'd with the idea of using Consumptive Field...... At least I was the first to suggest using it with chicken infested and a spell component pouch.

FWIW, mine doesn't have an inherent way to get kills, so it'll tend to be capped by action economy at some point - I can only find so many people to succumb to the field, but it also keeps my numbers finite and they can't just grow forever. Yours is much more NI than mine, and it's enough of an upgrade to be worth mentioning as a contribution I think. :smallsmile:

mabriss lethe
2018-08-22, 11:40 PM
Ancient Chinese Secret

Cast "Giant Size" at CL 19 to become Colossal with additional +32 to Str (not a size bonus technically, even though it probably should be, so it'll stack with the race bonuses that are labeled as size even though they should be racial bonuses.[/spoiler]

Made even more fun by casting Body outside of body to get you multiple clones.