PDA

View Full Version : Making Noctis from ffxv in dnd

username1
2018-08-22, 09:46 PM
I would like to make a character based on Noctis’s powers in final fantasy 15. A fast fighter with dex based attacks that teleports around the battlefield. I was thinking you could make a wizard school of conjuration with spells like misty step, and take feats like dual wielder and weapon master. However my problem with this is if I use it for a lower level campaign I’ll get two uses of misty step at level three and I’m done. Another option that might be available is make a character extremely fast. My dm may. Allow me to use my movement and call it teleportation. And base it on Noctis’s power you have to throw your weapon and teleport to it. This way you don’t travel immediately making it more balanced. Also using this you wouldn’t be able to teleport into the air, as you couldn’t use your move speed to do that. Any other options I’m missing, the closest I could get to playing a character like Noctis is what I’m looking for.(Note: the campaign would probably end around 13th level.)

furby076
2018-08-22, 10:16 PM
Shadow monk, and fluff a monk weapon as a noctis weapon. Really, D&D won't translate at all to any FF character. Two completely varied powerstreams

AtS
2018-08-22, 11:02 PM
Here's a list of things that I can think of that might be useful:

1. Spell: Bound Weapon (Simulate the weapon summoning effects of Noct's magic)
2. Magic Item: Sandals of Misty Step (More uses of Misty Step w/ 4 charges)
3. Spell: Shadow Blade (Again, summon a weapon with magic)
4. Class Feature: Fighter (Eldritch Knight) - Weapon Bond (Summon a weapon)
5. Spell: Dimension Door (Teleportation)
6. Magic Item: Cape of the Mounteback (Dimension Door 1/day)
7. Spell: Mirror Image (Phase/Blink)
8. Spell: Blink (Phase/Blink but it's actually less appropriate than Mirror Image)

But in general, Fighter (Eldritch Knight) or Warlock (Pact of the Blade) seem like your best options for emulating Noctis' powers. I don't think you'll be able to get at-will teleportation, but there's a lot of different spells and items you can use to achieve that effect many times per day.