PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Negative information about Aroden

Kish
2018-08-23, 09:41 AM
Does anyone here know of any published negative or critical information about Aroden that isn't specifically presented as in-character speech by an Asmodean?

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-08-23, 08:37 PM
He died and ruined all the prophecy in the world, which is pretty lame

Psyren
2018-08-24, 01:23 AM
Some of his miracles were a bit half-assed, leaving unfinished problems for the mortal races to clean up. For example, he drove away the demon lord Deskari but didn't finish the job, and now that he's dead, Deskari is coming back (and appears to be playing a role in aggravating another particularly nasty relic of Aroden's passing, i.e. the Worldwound.) Similarly, he set up the Test of the Starstone, which empowered good deities like Ioemedae and Cayden Cailean to follow in his footsteps - but also empowered Norgorber, who Aroden himself didn't like, and who may have even been involved in Aroden's death. Certainly as the god of secrets, Norgorber probably knows more than he's letting on about what actually happened to his indirect sponsor..

legomaster00156
2018-08-24, 12:15 PM
Something that my group realized is that no non-humans have ever ascended via the Starstone. This could imply that non-humans can't ascend via the Starstone, and with Aroden's involvement with it, that could very well have been an intentional restriction on his part. In other words, he could be wildly racist.

Kurald Galain
2018-08-24, 01:00 PM
Something that my group realized is that no non-humans have ever ascended via the Starstone. This could imply that non-humans can't ascend via the Starstone, and with Aroden's involvement with it, that could very well have been an intentional restriction on his part. In other words, he could be wildly racist.

That's an interesting point... as far as I know, all ascensions since Earthfall have been humans, whether by Starstone or otherwise; except for Gorum (an anthropomorphic personification) and possibly Norgorber (whose race is, of course, unknown).

For a powerful wizard and savior of humankind, I'd call him kind of neglectful. While he was still known to be active, he let the lich Tar-Baphon reign for over 600 years without doing anything, didn't lift a finger against the invasion of Baba Yaga, and apparently didn't notice that three of the seven Runelords survived through his days...

Rynjin
2018-08-24, 01:28 PM

Incorrect. Norgorber is three halflings in a trenchcoat. Or four.* Some disagree with me on the specifics. (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2twin?Bananas-theory-about-the-origins-of-Norgorber)

Re: Bad things about Aroden: He was kind of a weak bitch for a god. He got in a throwdown with a mortal wizard and only barely won. (https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Tar-Baphon)