PDA

View Full Version : Volo goblin fury of small replacement.

stoutstien
2018-08-23, 03:50 PM
I love options for players and NPCs alike. Let's says fury of small was a choice and we needed a like powered semi ribbon ablity to choose from what would it be?
FoTS = 1x players lv damage 1-4 times a day. Other than killing commoners with a finger poke after lv 10 it doesn't feel goblin like.
Maybe it was just advantage once a rest against something larger or once a rest reaction attack against something larger that hit you. Toughts.

LeMooseImperium
2018-08-23, 07:05 PM
I guess maybe twice their level would scale better.

MaxWilson
2018-08-23, 07:08 PM
I love options for players and NPCs alike. Let's says fury of small was a choice and we needed a like powered semi ribbon ablity to choose from what would it be?
FoTS = 1x players lv damage 1-4 times a day. Other than killing commoners with a finger poke after lv 10 it doesn't feel goblin like.
Maybe it was just advantage once a rest against something larger or once a rest reaction attack against something larger that hit you. Toughts.

Honestly you could remove Fury of the Small completely and goblins would still be good. Nimble Escape is very strong in the right context.

stoutstien
2018-08-23, 10:57 PM
Even with FoTS goblin are on the weak side of races.( Even excluding the way over powered ones). I think there was a point buy system somewhere that scored it 4.5. a 5 being the balance point.
Maybe just give them dash too and be done with it

NaughtyTiger
2018-08-24, 03:00 AM
I liked the dnd wiki homebrew goblins
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Goblin_(5e_Race_Variant)

Viscous mockery seemed appropos