PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in another world. D&D 3.5

Stormwolf69
2018-08-24, 11:55 AM
As you sit in the marble meeting room. As you sit under your personal banner around a round table. As You guys sit around drinking Dwarfish ale. (or something else) As you sit around laughing and celebrating your successes in a guild raid base raid. That you have just completed. As your minions are unloading airships full of loot. Including a new forge that will allow you to create war forge titans. As you sit around drinking some of your companions have already logged out. PurddyMouth, NotappearinginthisRPG, Biggus Dickus, Incontinentia Buttocks, Touch_Me , Naughtius Maximus and Halo. How before leaving machined something to her Brother Bloodraven that he was now looking into. As she clamed that she made some changes some of his npcs. There are two NPC’s in the Room a level 10 head maid (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/overlordmaruyama/images/a/af/Yuri_Alpha_V2.png/revision/latest?cb=20171224074154) that was created by Bloodraven. As well as your cohorts if you wanted them. In the balcony lurking in the shadows were a squad NPC monsters patrolling as security.

As the clock struck midnight you all had your vision go white only for a moment then every had changed. If you were sipping the ale you can now taste it. And (and can I get a roll to see how drunk you guys are.) you can also shell the air around you. And feel every thing. As Bloodraven then says “What the I can’t log out.” (Note if you guys try you will get the same result.)

As the maid now acting independently and he lips moving asks (note in the Rpg there was no voice acting for the npcs so you are also surprised.) “Is everything alright my master maybe you have had to much ale for the evening. If you want I can arrange someone to help you to your quarters.” As a four succubus’s glide down. they are wearing very seductive leather armour. As they crawl on the table in a very seductive manor showing off there assets. As most of there body feathers morph to match that of a female were wolf. As they start to lick at his mussel. Only for his fairy cohort (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/huniepop/images/e/ef/Kyu_%282%29.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/294?cb=20151003151338) now medium size do to a magic item beating them off. As Stormraven looks at you saying “Guys what is going on?” As he then takes one more stine full of ale chugging it. Then stangs up only to fall down with the "Ladies" cheching him. As he then goes to sleep.

Drako_Beoulve
2018-08-24, 05:36 PM
Feybelle was graceful dancing in the top of the big round table like a ballerina but holding a summoned violin that she also playing at the same time, Casting Glitterdust to the air and other flashy illusions with his enchanting voice, all this to entertain her comrades while celebrating. At the time she did a pirouette, she suddenly start to feeling dizzy, like if the virtual ale she was drinking finally went to her blood.

"Wooohaaa", she lost balance and almost fell, but manage to avoid it by revolting her faerie wings, however she drop off the violin and it immediately disappears in mid air before it strikes the table.

"I can feel my wings?!?!", she immediately start turning his head to locate his comrades and see what's happening, she witnessed the NPCs was acting like they were real. What the hell plane?!?!

Doxkid
2018-08-24, 06:30 PM
Somnaggredior is still glowing after his successes during the raid; a strange glow in each eye indicates he still has his direct subordinates 'fused' into his body and from his mouth comes and unending torrent of comments explaining why he's amazing whilst simultaneously putting down the common player for not being a tenth as good as he is AND plugging the new sport drink he managed to milk for a juicy sponsorship deal.

Not only is he live streaming this meeting with a mere five second delay while talking to his guild mates, he's also editing the video as it's broadcast to ensure nothing is seen or heard that he doesn't want to get out. More importantly, he also did this during the raid itself; it shouldn't be possible, physically or mentally, but here we are. He's considered a top tier player for a reason, even if most people attribute it to him being possessed by the devil.

...he is possessed by a devilish being, yes, but he was awesome long before that.

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait." For a full three seconds he shuts up. This is probably a new record if you only count after he got out of the chat/voice restrictions and was allowed to communicate freely. "Guys, am I lagging? Glitching out? I cant access...%^*&ing hell, my stream is down? I can't even pull it up! If Comcast is %^*&ing me over again I swear I'll %^*& someone up so bad; I'm paying too much %^*&ing money for this &&%^ to happen."

Through a strange combination of emotes, magic and old images coded into the game during the beta he projects a string of inhuman :smallfurious: faces over his own.

greenpotato
2018-08-25, 12:42 AM
Ssifisvrhyaex was outside overseeing the loot loading, making sure nothing was missed. He heard the strange messages from his guild but weirdly he didnt "see" them anymore in his private chat, he didnt see his HUD anymore either... something was not right.

He went to rush back inside but when his foot landed on the cobblestone he stoped. He had felt it. He inhaled and he could smell something metalic and dusky, not the airconditioned apartment his body was in. He touched one clawed hand to the other and marvleed at the sensation of his avatars own scales as his claws clattered over them.

and with the others trying to log out he too attempted. Nothing.

"Ahhhhh, what is going on? Was there some update or something, all my commands and stuff are down, i can't even PM admin"

"Also, I can like feel things with my avatar. Is this some crazy update or what?"

samduke
2018-08-25, 02:47 PM
Looking about as her drunken friend dance about and make complete fools of themselves. She watches the four succubus’s glide down, wondering whats going on attempts to log off..

Doxkid
2018-08-25, 09:52 PM
"Huh. One second." Somnaggredior calls upon unending magical power, his body overflowing and rippling for a moment...and then he is gone with only a quite snap of air being displaced announcing his exit.
---
Somna arrives high in the air overlooking a strange place free from mortal meddling. The Shadox realm he calls it; a massive Demiplane hand crafted over thousands of in game years using dozens of exploits and complicated tricks, filled with a menagerie of beasts carefully distributed to live and fight and reproduce naturally. Without hesitation he selects a passing wyvern and absolutely destroys the poor little thing with a four-attack-volley of eldritch blasts: any single one of his attacks could easily kill the unfortunate creature, but he confirms the kill and watches the chunky mess free fall to the ground. Which...is a problem.
Somna uses Dark Transient to Greater Plane Shift to the team's Demiplane and looks for a wyvern; they should be a pretty common species, so that shouldn't take all that long. Once he finds one he fires off four Eldritch Blasts at it:
Attack [roll0], Damage [roll1]. [(Ranged Touch attack, adds+cha to damage)]
Attack [roll2], Damage [roll3]. [(Ranged Touch attack, adds+cha to damage)]
Attack [roll4], Damage [roll5]. [(Ranged Touch attack, adds+cha to damage)]
Attack [roll6], Damage [roll7]. [(Ranged Touch attack, adds+cha to damage)]

A wyvern has 10 Touch AC and 59 hit points. Somna basically cant fail to kill the thing, so I'll post as if he definitely did kill it.

There shouldn't be a chunky mess. Wyverns have fifteen specific death animations, four of which are quest/raid locked, and this isn't one of those. Before the mess can hit the ground Somna warps forward and grasps a large chunk before vanishing from this realm.
---
Somna reappears at the meeting with another quiet snap, looking solemn and contemplative as he drops the large chunk directly on the ground.

"Alright. So the interesting news is that I can kill things and they drop...this. This is from an adult male Wyvern. It's late 'Wood class' monster at around combat power Five or early 'Bronze class' monster at around combat power Six, based on the color, marking and the prominence of the rib cage. Wyverns don't drop organs and viscera, so we know something is wrong with everything and not just us.

Now...the good news is that I killed it instantly. It didn't stand a freaking chance, as you would expect from a Master tier character going up against a Wood/Bronze tier monster. Even on my for-fun account right now I'm still able to oneshot it. So we aren't weaker because of whatever just happened.

The bad news is that I'm pretty sure I'm losing all of my money, sponsorship deals, and contracts. I can't do anything with my stream, I can't contact a DM, I can't message anyone, and I can't log out. I make about a hundred fifty an hour before you count all of the with free gear and ad revenue and other stuff, so this is pretty rough. I'm...I'm gonna sit down for a bit."
to
Somna warps to his seat and just zones out for a full five seconds before he's back on his feet. "Alright, I've got it. We're probably under a weird and specific lockdown effect from a Game Master or Moderator. I might have triggered a strange protocol that affects everyone in an area to prevent exploits from being abused. Can you guys contact someone outside our guild and have them ask a GM to talk with us?"

Stormwolf69
2018-08-26, 08:58 PM
The maid looks at the rest of you with a very surprised look on her face and says “Is something the matter my Lords. Girls take your master to his quarters. Trixie you may want to supervise them.”
As he is carried out of the room.
samduke you can’t even bring up the game user interface to allow your self to log out.

She says “I am sorry my lord I have no idea what you are talking about.”

As Somnaggredior disappears and returns.

As the maid gives you a confused look as she looks at the bits of drake on the table. As its starts to drip dark black blood over the table.

As she then looks at you again and Says “My lord?” As she looks at you very confused.

Goaty14
2018-08-27, 09:24 AM
Marcus_The_Moderator, standing nearby mutters with a booming voice "Stop it with your quibbling! I'm not sure myself if this is actually happening or simply a forced playtest by the developers, but I do know that this abrupt change doesn't appear to be a poor mistake, nor something that can be fixed easily, if at all. Thus we should explore this new revelation to the fullest extent, and perhaps we can find a backdoor to the system.

Going to the closest balcony (overlooking the land), he creates a Reversed Gate of Worlds (Felix need not roll for the DC of 28, such matters are below him), which opens up a gate the size of a city, summoning forth 40d6 Lantern Archons over 2 rounds. Once they all appear, he allows his cohort (a kobold saint bard/binder) to address them

"Alright, I'll get to the point. The boss wants ya'll to get down to the places and figure out how they feel about you. Uhh, don't kill them or anything, just report back to the big man here, k?"

Diplomacy (Rushed): [roll0]
Lantern Archons: [roll1]

Turning back to the maid, he asks "where, exactly, are we?"

Drako_Beoulve
2018-08-27, 11:39 AM
Did the Admins released a new patch???, I think we just glitched out, now everything feels more real...this new immersive level is amazing! I actually feeling drunk hahaha! think will stick around until they fix the log off issue, hope this doesn't take too long, need to rest at least 3 hours to be good for work...

The Drake Blood start to get closer to Feybelle's feet, she immediately jump off the table. "Ewwwwwww, Someone clean this mess please"

samduke
2018-08-27, 12:54 PM
moving in closer to her friends, Hey guys can any of you get the system to log you out? Noting the situation Sense motive [roll0], Gather information [roll1] (clarity of vision to notice any invisible foe Knowledge check to identify foes: arcana [roll2], the planes [roll3]), Turning to her cohort, TIM! what do you think is going on here? summons forth her Psycrystal, & then Navarre.

greenpotato
2018-08-27, 09:04 PM
"I can't log out, DM or chat anyone or do anything. Its like all of the game functions have vanished and Im even more hooked into the sim. Everything feels more real, even my magic" Ssifisvrhyaex says with a frown as a spark of flame flicks from his finger to fizzle out on the floor.

Stormwolf69
2018-08-28, 05:42 PM
Goaty14
As you go to the balcony. You see the clear beautiful night sky clearer and more fuller of stars then you have ever seen before. As you notice the full moon, you are able to make out a large lake. As well you are able to make out mountains the are surrounding the city and castle. As you watch your Lanter Archons disperce in all diractions. Your Cohort turns to you and nods. As we awaits your next instuctions but has a odd look on his face as if something was bothering him.

As you ask the question of the maid she replies. “My lord you are in your guild castle and supporting city. You and the other supreme beings teleported this some time ago to the region of the Hell swaps. To make use of the environment. To how did Lord Biggus Dickus say it. By being in the swamp. You have some of the most dangerous terrain to deal with between the Leaches that can spread crippling illnesses thought the ranks of armies to the Kaprosuchus and Saros that are also a headache to any moving trough the swamps and 50 feet long snakes that can paralyze like the Titanoboa. He said the only way for them to attack will be raids by air ships and you have ways around that. As well. Naughtius Maximus lizard men lead by Kroq-gar have been collecting a great amount to war-beats form the swamp. Maybe that is why the Lizardmen quarter smells like a giant stable. But if you want to move the castle and city I know you have to do it from the command throne in the throne room. And it also records previous places we have teleported to.” (You get the feeling that someone or thing has moved your base as well.)

Drako_Beoulve

As the maid turns to you she says “I moment my lord” As she Goes to the door and calls for more maids (https://gelbooru.com//images/8b/31/8b313a433bcf0b00a3d1120b55dca567.png) to clean up the mess on the table as they arrive they quickly go to work. Removing the blood and the drake bits. And then leave.

Samduke

As you summon Tim he takes a knee and says “I am sorry my mistress. I have no idea what is the matter. Do you wish me to do something?” As he awaits your next command.

samduke
2018-08-29, 03:28 PM
Not knowing whats going on as the others seem to not be able to log off and all commands seem to ben non fuctional, the grim realization that somehow they are in some sort of altered realit.. Defense seemed like the best idea until a firm grasp of what was going on could be had.
Commanding Psycrystal to take over concentration of Navarre; Command Navarre: Defend me; Tim use your abilities to try to determine what threat those things are to me and my friends here.

Drako_Beoulve
2018-08-30, 12:19 AM
"Weshouldcontacttheadministratorstogetanswers...", seems that Feybelle's "dizziness" get worse, "...Ineedtogoworkinacoupleofhours...", she tried to pull out the command window again and again without success.

Goaty14
2018-09-01, 10:47 AM
Marcus, ignoring his companion's distraught, heads up to the command throne in the throne room to view past teleports, and perhaps if there was the possibility of putting everybody in a more comfortable place.

Stormwolf69
2018-09-01, 06:18 PM
Doxkid

In case I did not make it clear all your attempts to communicate outside world fail.

samduke

Tim nods and disappears as you can hear him whisper. “I will come to your shadow, my Lady. But for now the only things that I can sense that could be a challenge to you are the other Lords. Would you see if I can attempt sober up Feybelle?”

Drako_Beoulve

You fail to get a command window.

Goaty14

With Zextrius fallows you. As you make your way to the throne room you notice the odd guard or maid that bows respectfully as your approach. In the throne room Was a Cathedral like room with five levels of balconies and Massive golem in the walls acting like parts of pillars and statues. Fortiethly the defences of this room were never tested. As no opponent have raided this far in. Taking a seat in the throne you finally have a display that board that comes up. With options being security camera. And finally, you make your way to the teleportation logs. But something is a miss as the last move was unrecorded that last recorded move was three mouths ago. To the swamp as performed by Touch_Me. Also, you now have a new map that is very small. With only the area around the town and castle you can see. As some fog of war is preventing you form blindly teleporting. As you get the feeling something is a miss.

Doxkid
2018-09-02, 01:55 PM
Somna

Given that we can't log, we only have voice chat (which I'll fix later, if you guys don't mind. I'll re-up our Telepathic Bonds and Interplanar Bonds with a Permanent, Supernatural version so it doesn't drop just in case) and most of the guild isn't online in the first place...How about we just go mess a few places up?

Whatever is happening right now isn't great, sure, but we can't do much about that, can we? I mean, either the equipment I'm using has somehow received a SEVERE upgrade mid gaming session, or the equipment has been tampered with and my brain was fried and/or this is the last moment of comfort cobbled together as my brain shuts down as I die, or...well, whatever. Doesn't really matter, neh?

What does matters is that if I can't get out I'm taking as much of this place down as I can. :smallamused: So...let's just go have some fun.:smallbiggrin: I think I'll go raze a few countries. Maybe solo few bosses and take over a few dungeons until the forced reset."

Somna and his two cohorts could certainly solo endgame content if given enough time; that's specifically what his janky, otherwise suboptimal, gish toon and the cohorts were build for in the first place after all. As a Lich with access to Arcane and Divine magic he hardly has anything to fear from most enemy besides a highly exploitative Undead-Buster-Build, and there are hardly any of those in the endgame content...

"Ah, wait. Right. I should refresh and re-flesh your clones, just in case something manages to one-shot some of us. And maybe I'll reposition my phylactery.

And by then I'll need to reup my normal buffs...Ya know what? Forget it. I can deal with the Clones and such later, and I'll just True Res you guys if something manages to kill you. Let's show em' how the Rich Lich plays ball. PM me or my team if you need me; I'm gonna go have some fun.:smallwink:" He really shouldn't still be able to create those emoticons...

At any rate, Somna vanishes with a quiet *pop!* and reappears in the sky above the Guild, then shoots off at full speed toward the nearest populated area.

Somna uses his Greater Teleport SLA to teleport outside the guild, then flies at full speed (Greater Teleporting a 1,000 feet at a time with his Standard Action then Flying with his normal Fly speed and Dimension Jaunting twice for a total movement speed of ~1250 feet per round.

It's a very cautious and slow movement considering the fact that he could reasonably teleport as far as his eyes can see even if he doesn't know the area too well. Even so, both of his cohorts Ready an action to Possess him if they detect a threat.

...I definitely am not having him travel like that to imitate flight in DBZ.

Goaty14
2018-09-02, 09:07 PM
Marcus_The_Moderator, and his trusty companion, Zextrius the Weak

Looking overhead the entire city, Marcus ponders the meaning of this new revelation. Before considering the possibilities thoroughly, he notices Somna speeding away towards the nearest city, off to do deeds that were beyond his knowledge. "He can't be doing that..." Marcus thinks, knowing the good intent he had for his new soon-to-be citizens. Given the time, maybe he could intimately act with the new program in order to fulfill not only his job as an intern, but to experience being a good-natured ruler that he never found within himself IRL. Always too busy with advancing his life, this would be the perfect opportunity.

Marcus didn't have quite the knowledge of Somna to predict the player's actions, but he knew, that even if she had the same intent as himself, that he couldn't risk corrupting the people from their default state, should they break the 4th wall too early and become self-conscious. Heck, they might even make an infinite loop and spontaneously die!

Marcus knew what he had to do.
Opening up a conjunctive gate* set some space ahead of Somna, Marcus, still sitting down, peers into the portal and utters:
"Somna? What exactly are you doing, this far from the city?"

*Assuming you can use a Gate to send yourself somewhere on your own plane. Otherwise he uses it to go to the ethereal plane, and then uses it to go ahead of Somna. As always, rolling for this check is below him, but I'll keep track:

Law o' Resistance:
-Gate of Worlds +2
-Conjunctive Gate: +2

Anywho, we now have that trope where the CE murderhobo wants to go kill everything, if not for the LG paladin trying to stop him. :)

Doxkid
2018-09-02, 09:54 PM
Somna

"Why I'm glad you asked my friend. I'm going to go experiment. I might not be able to stream or broadcast my exploits, but with my skills it shouldn't be much of an issue to harvest information from my gear to better recreate everything later. Or I'll finish dying and none of this will matter; I'm still not really sure whether this is some kind of Thanatos delusion or what have you. So...I'm going to go make a few memories :smallbiggrin:

To be a bit more specific, I'm going to go partially harvest a few souls to see if there are any interesting properties to them. After that I plan to locate the nearest kingdom and conquer it or the most powerful creature they can point me towards; if I can trap a few powerful entities in a Binding spell that would be even better since I can bring them back to base and carry on further testing. If I happen to see any interesting animals I'll bring them back to the Shadow Realm, but I doubt I'll see anything worth my time; we were pretty exhaustive in our efforts to populate that place with everything that wouldn't eventually cause a security leak."

Goaty14
2018-09-02, 11:37 PM

Staring intently, Marcus' brow furrows.
"What, exactly, do you mean by 'partially harvest souls'? Regardless, I forbid you from visiting the mortal world. The NPC's personalities are too volatile and easily scarred at this stage. Thus, early interactions should be as limited and nonviolent as possible. If you really wish, send a weak proxy in your stead, but don't interfere with their lives."

Law o' Resistance:
-Gate of Worlds +2

Doxkid
2018-09-03, 01:35 PM
Somna

"You...Forbid me from doing so? Interesting. Can you actually stop me?

I don't even need to resort to violence or my subordinates. I can just outrun you. That's the benefit of this build, after all; no matter how long a session runs it's still at least one third of its normal power...and this type of travel just so happens to fall within that thirty three percent..." He punctuates the statement with a quiet *pop* and then Somna is suddenly a thousand feet away, standing the air with his arms folded behind his back.

"Despite your impolite manner of speech, I'll consider our...'friendship' and not attack just because you spoke harshly. No need to waste time after all; I'll just run along and get to my business. You're welcome come watch, of course, but I doubt you can prevent what is about to happen. Science waits for no man, no construct, and no skeleton."

Somna uses his [At-Will] Greater Teleport SLA once more.

Goaty14
2018-09-03, 06:43 PM

Left dumbfounded, Marcus realizes what Somna meant. Marcus then stands up and summons her to the chamber (Somna is forced 2 WILL DC 43 vs teleportation)

If Somna arrives, Marcus speaks: "Somna, please, do not injure my plans so badly. What do you seek? A challenge? Fame? Name your price, I beg of you. I can proudly claim that I desire a kingdom that practices good constantly, one that not only is perfect for these NPCs, but one that is the eternal breeding ground of NPCs in need, which nesscitates the need for adventurers.
I know not what your ultimate desire.
May I inquire?"

Law o' Resistance:
-Gate of Worlds +2
-Relocate: +4

Doxkid
2018-09-03, 07:41 PM
Somna

Somna is not exactly surprised when he falls prey to a Teleportation effect and ends up right back before Marcus. He isn't even annoyed, really. He quickly tossed up a :smalltongue:

"Plans you made without consulting those that you wish to imposed those very plans upon. *tsk* *tsk* *tsk* You should know better than that, Marcus. I am a very agreeable person. Flexible, you could say. I don't complain when my videos get flagged and taken down, or when someone else calls the shots in a raid. I'm mostly just happy to play the game I love and making bank doing it; I can't go back to streaming Runescape, mate...

But I will not suffer an ego greater than my own. To obey a tyrannical declaration followed by a humble request is simply not in my nature, you see. Fortunately, I just so happen to have a few tricks up my sleeves so things don't have to take a dark path. For example..."

That little golden light in Somna's eyes intensifies until it washes out the red, and his presence grows much more intense as power floods his form.

"I'm sure you know what this means and I'm sure you remember that I can keep this up all day long. Next time remember: we're peers. All you had to do was ask...":smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Somna vanishes once again, appearing exactly one thousand feet closer to the town (and further from where Marcus displaced him from) as if his trip had never been interrupted.
Lucida will possess Geddoe and combine into Somna, with Geddoe purposefully failing his will save against the effect. On its own, this will last 40 rounds (6 Fiend of Possession levels + 34 cha mod) but it can be repeated at-will.

This combined Somna will then use At-Will Greater Teleport to continue his journey.

Goaty14
2018-09-04, 08:25 AM

Marcus didn't know what to say. In all but moments from being transported into this new world, he was about to lose it all, forever shattering his goals. Marcus *knows* he is smarter than this, that it can all be avoided. Marcus thinks (https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/head-with-visible-brain-surrounded-by-complicated-math-formula-picture-id473784798?s=170667a)... If only he could've gone back and changed Somna's attitude about listening to him.

Wait.
That's Right!
Gone Back

Marcus knows what must be done.

Marcus stands, teleports to his laboratory, and sets to work, first casting twice a Planar Circle effect.
Marcus is now both in the fastest time plane in existence, and on the null time plane in existence.
Marcus now works on creating scrolls, having transposed all of the time in the world and no time at all.
He both is and is not, being there and never been, traveling all the city and not moving an inch, working intensely and not breaking a sweat.

Overkill, you may ask? No, there is no overkill for those who shatter. Somnagreddior has crossed the final line this time. Having put up with his endless shenanigans, trolling the noobs, RKing day in and day out, damaging the guild's reputation left and right. Felix in particular knows that Somna should have been banned from the game ages ago, had it not been a blind eye from the admins. No, overkill would be too nice. Somna should be eras-

Or should he? Long, long ago, Marcus pledged to protect the game world and all of its inhabitants. Somna is an inhabitant, is he not? He is, but does that mean he can escape his misdeeds? Or were they really misdeeds? Had Felix himself been in a different position in Dragon's Throne, he may well have went the route of Somna, albeit without all of the glitz and glamour, but same position nonetheless.

Even if Marcus forgave Somna inside, he still cannot allow him to destroy the world.
Laying back, having done some work, marcus remembers the time when they realized that they couldn't log out, and writes it down onto his battlefist, knowing that it would be of great importance soon.

Within 2 rounds, Marcus gains nigh-infinite crafting time. He crafts the following (which are also deducted from his gold total)
-Scroll of Teleport Through Time (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030409b)
-Four Scrolls of Ice Assassin (Frost)

Alignment Change: Lawful Neutral. Marcus still deeply desires to protect the world from others (i.e Somna), but isn't quite doing it out of the goodness of his heart, nor is he not willing to do actions that may subtly subvert that promise.

Law o' Resistance:
-Gate of Worlds +2
-Planar Circle: +4

samduke
2018-09-04, 02:59 PM
@Tim if you can sober him up that would be great but dont expend to much.

Drako_Beoulve
2018-09-05, 11:07 AM
Feybelle Fell asleep lying on the table as his drunk state gets even worse. "...Bring.....more ale...keep...party on...." , she muttered.

Stormwolf69
2018-09-05, 08:24 PM
samduke , Drako_Beoulve and greenpotato

Tim replies It will be a pleasure, my lady. As Feybelle feels like something has smacked her across the face twice. Surprising her out of her drunken state. As the Maid how turn looking out the window says “Excuse me but both masters. Marcus and Somna have left the tower. And are flying a way. Would you like me to send a massage to the airship captains to have there vessels Readied for you Or a defensive body guard arranged?” As she awaits your reply.

Doxkid andGoaty14 (assuming that you to don’t bother trying to stop each other before you reach the city. ) (You are about an about a mile a way form the city in the air.)

As you reach a better view of the city at night you realize that it is under siege. As you notice a crude fence and encampment around the city. And that there is a battle going on as the attackers are trying using ladders in the cover of night to take the north walls. As at the walls have broken into a bloody melee. That is when you notice something the banners they are the same coat of arms but inverted. One a black banner with a golden Bull and the other set of Banners is gold with a black bull on it.

Goaty14
As one of the Lantern archons flies up to you it says “My apologies my Lord. As soon as I tried to approach the battlefield. I was attacked they mistaken me for a Will-O’-Wisp. Is there any other bidding I can do my lord ?”

Doxkid
2018-09-06, 09:35 PM
Somna

Somna looks down upon the struggles of these lowly mortals. He feels no amusement at their suffering, nor pity for their plights; this is what low level creatures do, after all, and theirs is a fate better than most because here, today, they will be given purpose.

With one last *pop!* Somna arrives directly above the 'battlefield' Red and Gold eyes glinting as he takes in the movements of these mortals. Somna doesn't bother announcing its presence before reaching a skeletal hand out toward either side of the battlefield and making a strange grasping motion.

"Soul Snatch." Somna states, vast illusory power coalescing in each hand.

*Using extra actions from Lucida*
Standard Action 1: Somna Uses his Greater Teleport SLA one last time to move right above the battlefield.

Standard Action 2: Somna uses his Shades SLA to imitate Trap the Soul on a random important looking person from the Golden Bull faction. Will save DC 53 (using Lucida's spell DCs and Charisma score to cast it) to disbelieve and possibly reduce the effect. If that save is successful there is only a 80% chance the spell words normally, and a 20% chance that the spell fails entirely. If the spell goes into effect on that random important looking dude, he must make a Will save DC 53 to avoid being trapped in a gem (since it is an SLA the spell has no Material component...so shall we assume the Soul and Body are thereby just put into a worthless Gemstone created on the spot?)

Standard Action 3: Somna uses his Shades SLA to imitate Trap the Soul on a random important looking person from the Black Bull faction. Same as above, but targeted on a different person: Will save DC 53 to disbelieve and possibly reduce the effect, will save DC 53 to avoid being trapped in a gem.

Move action: Move action to maintain the current 'Altered Shape" from the abilities Lucida took from a Hagunemnon.

Goaty14
2018-09-07, 10:10 AM
Marcus, having done what he needed to do, heads back down to the dining hall, biding his time. Upon arrival, he asks Zextrius if anything had been bothering him as of late.

Drako_Beoulve
2018-09-07, 10:47 AM
"Where did they go this time?!, bet they will do weird things as always.....let's wait for them to return so we can decide what to do next a as a guild", by just finish talking, Marcus shows up in the dinning hall. "Great, let's back to business!"

samduke
2018-09-11, 06:09 PM
looking around trying to figure out what is really going on attempting to ascertain the situation. Tim ! once hes sober enough to walk help him over here so we can gain a better idea of our situation

Stormwolf69
2018-09-13, 06:35 PM
Doxkid

You soul trap two random important looking heavily armoured young men. As the battle continues to rage down below you.

Goaty14
(sorry if I get his personality wrong o well)
“No master, But I am very interested to see what you what your great plan unfolds.”

Samduke, Drako_Beoulve , green patato, and Goaty14
As the Head maid looks at you in surprise as she looks out the window towards the lake. As if trying to figure out what happened.
As Marcus renters the room. Feybelle feels an invisible force to help her into a chair.

Doxkid
2018-09-17, 11:24 PM
With his test subjects captures, GL (Ludica+Geddoe) Somna has no further use for this battlefield.

"Let there be fire." With but a simple push fire spills forth over the people at the center of battlefield, a great rolling mass of flames built upon shadow and darkness that burns with unnatural heat few mortals could possibly withstand. With another push of magic beings of Fire rise from this conflagration. "This Lord Somna declares: this battle is ended. I have no further use for it.

I will now test my ability to create undead. Your cooperation is appreciated." His voice is powerful and steady. His presence is magnificent, shadows and dark fire reaching up to him as he stands above the world with power that can end it all.

First standard action:
Somna uses his Shades SLA to cast Incendiary Cloud, creating a 20ft high/wide cloud of smoke and embers, in the center of the battlefield. Will Save DC 43 to disbelieve, making the spell only 80% real for those who interact with it; since the spell normally grants various levels of concealment as per Fog Cloud, so it most likely has reduced version of that along with the standard reduced damage. Those in the cloud get a Reflex Save DC 43 to half its damage of [roll0]. Duration is 80 rounds.

Second Standard Action:
With the cloud directly underfoot Somna will then use his Master of Elements SLA to 'cast' Summon Monster 9 to summon [roll1] Greater Fire elementals from the Summon Monster 8 list. Duration is 80 rounds and these bad boys are real/normal summoned creatures. Having been summon in/around the Incendiary Cloud (directly in it if it's just 1, on either side if it's 2, and in a triangular formation around it if 3 are summoned) they're forunately tall enough to not have their sight hindered and immune to fire so that isn't a concern either.

The Greater Fire Elemental marches out attacking anyone and everyone in it's path. There should be plenty of dead bodies to work with after this...

Drako_Beoulve
2018-09-18, 11:31 AM
"So Marcus, what are you been into?, where is Somna?, you two guys wake up too early, that was a very good party last night!" Thinking the night has already passed...

samduke
2018-09-18, 11:51 AM
looking over at Marcus, Feybelle & Ssifisvrhyaex, pointing at the window noting the maids surprised look. Hey guys maybe we should check out whats happening outside, I am going over to have a look out
(OOC: if there is not combat happening or a clear path to the window without provoking AoO Julie will double move if needed to towards the window to look outside)

Move speed 80 ft, double move 160ft, 80ft if tumble needed to avoid AoO all the way
Listen:[roll0] , Spot:[roll1] , Gather Information:[roll2] , Tumble 1:[roll3], Tumble 2:[roll4], Tumble 3:[roll5], Tumble 4:[roll6]

Goaty14
2018-09-18, 12:55 PM
"So Marcus, what are you been into?

Many, many things...

As we speak, Somna is hell-bent on mercilessly ridding this world of all of it's inhabitants. In the name of my duty to the developers and sensibility, I asked for him not to take such an irrational action. Silly me, attempting to rationalize with a madman! It is why I am here with you now, for which I beg of you to assist me in stopping him, by any means possible, using whatever resources at hand. Maybe you can have better luck than I have. I've prepared myself to kill his character, should all other options fail...

*sigh* Look, I know that this is a lot to ask of you, but if all goes through with his plans, then everything could quite possibly become utterly decimated, not only limiting any future gains for anybody, new and old players alike, but also risking the possibility that he set his sights upon us as well. Normally I'd just use my power as an administrator to revert this decision, but I suspect that he has manipulated the game such as to avoid the effects of that.

Anything that you want, I'll give, if you could only help me fulfill my dreams...

Drako_Beoulve
2018-09-21, 12:58 PM
He is doing what?!?!, he doesn't have respect for the virtual lives?, I mean, this is a videogame but that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with the NPCs. In the other hand, yes, we should stop him, but killing him won't be make us better than Somna. Al right, where is him? I will make him be reasonable, after all, we all are stuck in this world right now, and we don't know what consequences will surge

Goaty14
2018-09-21, 07:03 PM
Marcus solemnly points towards the prime material below, roughly towards where he last saw Somna going.

Stormwolf69
2018-09-23, 11:52 AM
Doxkid

As 40 figures fly up to your level. And surround you as their illusional armor fades. Revealing that they are of similar design with a wolf’s head helm. As their fangs come out of there mouths as they grin you realise you are dealing with vampires. As their leader then says. “This was a plan put in motion for 20 years and by killing both twin princes you have ruined my plans to destroy the kingdom and allowing us to take it’s land and bipedal sheep for your selves. Now that accursed high Priestess of Set eldest daughter of the late king. Will inherit the throne and she will be a harder problem to deal with. You will pay with your life Necromancer.”

As you hear a voice in the back of your mind saying “Well I am impressed but consider killing them a test. You may be of some use to me if you survive.”

Roll for init. For you and your shades.

samduke
You can hear the sounds of a battle over the lake. And you can see that Somna is sounded by 40 opponents of an unknown level and you can barely make out what was said. (The vampires not the telepathic message)

Drako_Beoulve and Goaty14

As you two talk the head main interrupt “I apologize my lords should. I see if I can get master Bloodraven us of bed and ready for combat? If not, I must take my leave and inform my master of the situation.” As you notice that she is very loyal to her creator.

Doxkid
2018-09-27, 07:34 PM
"Interesting."

That golden light in Somna's eyes grows dim and dark, tainted with a vile green hue that mixes with the Red and Gold into Bronze. Once more Somna's presence grows, sending oppressive waves of magical energies out for a few moments before he finally settles into himself. "I wonder if this works on vampires of this land..."

Somna raises a single hand and casts off a sparkling light that fills the sky. "S. Soul Snatch. S. Soul Snatch. Unleashed Source-Light!" A searing light explodes above him, washing over everyone who dared approach Lord Somna The Ascended Sleeper; the mortals and the Fire Elemental below suffer slightly, but any undead faced with this power will surely suffer.

Pavor possesses the Geddoe+Lucida combo as a (Mental) Standard action (with Ged+Lucy purposefully failing their save against his possession attempt AND allowing it to penetrate their Magic Immunity (which is that of a Shadesteel Golem), becoming 'Full Somna'

F. Somna has 4 rounds worth of action remaining from Pavor (1 base, 1 from Chronotyryn-Dual Actions, 1 from Serpentir: Dual Actions, and 1 physical action from Thoon Elder Brain: Dual Actions ability).

Standard action 2: Somna uses the Shades warlock SLA to cast Trap the Soul on one of the vampires who did not speak. Will save DC 41 (using Pavor's Charisma score to cast it since he was the last to join the fusion) to disbelieve and possibly reduce the effect. If that save is successful there is only a 80% chance the spell words normally, and a 20% chance that the spell fails entirely. If the spell goes into effect on that random vampire must make a Will save DC 41 to avoid being trapped in a gem (still assuming Soul and Body are thereby just put into a worthless Gemstone created on the spot, as per earlier).

Standard action 3: Somna uses the Shades warlock SLA to cast Trap the Soul on another one of the vampires who did not speak. Will save DC 41 (using Pavor's Charisma score to cast it since he was the last to join the fusion) to disbelieve and possibly reduce the effect. If that save is successful there is only a 80% chance the spell words normally, and a 20% chance that the spell fails entirely. If the spell goes into effect on that random vampire must make a Will save DC 41 to avoid being trapped in a gem (still assuming Soul and Body are thereby just put into a worthless Gemstone created on the spot, as per earlier).

Standard action 4: Somna casts Sunburst out of Pavor's Warmage spell slots. Using Geddoe's 'Reserves of Strength' feat F. Somna sacrifices [roll0] health to increase the caster level of the spell by 5 and remove it's level-cased limit on damage. Benefiting from Geddoe's Consumptive Field, Greater Consumptive field, and 'Master Spellthief' feat the Sunburst has a final caster level of 85.

Sunburst damage to all creatures within 80ft radius burst of F. Somna: [roll1] to undead and [roll2] damage to non-undead, Reflex save DC 40 (Using Pavor's mental stats) Halves.

(Physical) Standard action 5: None

Move action 1&2: Somna reassigns the various Hagunemnon Alter Shapes to avoid redundancy.
Pavor: Tarrasque-Carapace, Whale-Blindsight 120 ft, Bonedrinker-Unholy Toughness, leShay-Superior Two-Weapon Fighting.
Lucida: Serpentir-Dual Actions, Thoon Elder-Brain Dual actions, Demilich-Perfect Automatic Still Spell, Will o' Wisp-Magic Immunity (redundant on top of Somna's normal Shadesteel Immunity)
---
Current HP: 1352/1368 (HP=d12+22+2)

samduke
2018-09-29, 01:50 PM
Command Tim: return to the ship get her underway, bring her to the battle, we will aid our ally against those monsters
Command Navarre: defend me when I appear at location

cast on Astral construct: teleport to ally Doxkid location as seen through window
cast on self teleport to ally Doxkid location as seen through window
Timely misdirection: feint ( Bluff check (min 27 < will roll if needed> opposed by a Sense Motive)

cast on self: giant size: Colossal (72 ft.) str+32 dex-2 con+12 NA+12 AC/ATK-8 Size 30 ft./30 ft.
cast on self: Visage of the Deity, Greater
cast on self: contingency (revivify)

Spot the week point spot check <min 50 will roll if needed> next attack made will be vs touch ac

Stormwolf69
2018-10-02, 12:48 PM
After the blast, you notice that the vampires have teleported away and have left illusions in their place. As they appear to have left as if they think you are to powerful to engage head on even with there numerical advantage. Even thought you can no see it at do to your own smoke something has destroyed one of your elementals. As Julie (samduke) Teleports beside the group. As something massive emerges form the smoke below were the temple was. It was a massive 3 headed serpent like creature. Comes out of the smoke and looks at you before letting lose a ear shattering cry. Not this creature is large enough for all party members to see it and the airship will be ready entering in 8 combat turns.

Drako_Beoulve and Goaty14
you both can see and hear the Colossal creature.
(Goaty14)
you realize that was never in the game.

Doxkid
2018-10-03, 09:38 PM
"This weak and yet they they still court death by appearing before me? Interesting. This is one strange power fantasy. Usually..." Somna casts his gaze down toward the massive serpentine creature, shadowy wisps spreading from his form and disappearing into the ether. *Pop!*

Amidst his own rambling thoughts there is a spark of magic expertly controlled and, under it's influence, he disappears from the sky and reappears before the massive creature with his hand already extended in strange attacking position. In a moment he lashes out over a dozen times with strange movements and wisps of magic flowing from his undead hands.

"...but that brings me back to the same question: just how Fancy can I get with the undead I create?" Only when the last attack is launched does he finally resume his inane chattering. He does not bother continuing his assault, firmly believing that the creature should die from his attacks or at least be on death's door.

"Oh...also. S.Soul Snatch."

Standard (Normal) Action #1: Somna uses his Greater Teleport SLA to appear in front of the creature rising from the smoke. This triggers his Shadow Pounce allowing him to full attack the creature. Sun School also triggers, but he doesn't bother using it. All of his attacks will use Hideous Blow to apply Eldritch Blast damage and Utterdark Blast twice thanks to Lord of Essences, making all of the Eldritch Blast damage Negative Energy. Out of confidence and laziness, Somna will only use the highest BAB attacks out of his combo

[99/99/99/-/99/99/94/89/84-/99/99/99/94/89/84] with an additional [99/99] from Pavor's Monk Flurry of Blows. This is modified with +2(Superior TWF from leShay)+22(Pavor's Empty Strike ability):
All of his unarmed strikes deal Slashing damage. Assuming Somna hits at least once the monster will be shrouded in light as per Faery Fire thanks to the Revealing magic property on his handwraps and, at the start of Somna's next turn, his unarmed strikes will bypass the monster's damage reduction.

Attack 1: [roll0], Damage: Unarmed- [roll1] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll2] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels. Somna will also apply high Lich Touch on this first attack, forcing the creature ot make a will save DC 52 or become paralyzed.

Attack 2: [roll3], Damage: Unarmed- [roll4] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll5] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels.

Attack 3: [roll6], Damage: Unarmed- [roll7] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll8] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels.

Attack 4: [roll9], Damage: Unarmed- [roll10] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll11] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels.

Attack 5: [roll12], Damage: Unarmed- [roll13] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll14] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels.

Attack 6: [roll15], Damage: Unarmed- [roll16] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll17] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels.

Attack 7: [roll18], Damage: Unarmed- [roll19] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll20] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels.

Attack 8: [roll21], Damage: Unarmed- [roll22] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll23] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels.

Attack 9: [roll24], Damage: Unarmed- [roll25] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll26] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels.

Attack 10: [roll27], Damage: Unarmed- [roll28] (+18 Geddoe Strength, +13 Pavor Int, +13 Divine Favor, +10 Fist of Iron), Eldritch Blast- [roll29] Negative Energy AND will save DC 40 or suffer 2 negative Levels, then another will save DC 40 or suffer 2 more negative levels.

Somna will use one of his lower BAB attacks to touch himself with an Utterdark Eldritch Blast, healing himself back up to full hp with the [roll30] negative energy damage it would 'deal' since he is undead.
------
Standard (Thoon Elder Bain's Dual Action) mental action #2: Somna uses the Shades warlock SLA to cast Trap the Soul on the creature if it's still alive. Will save DC 41 (using Pavor's Charisma score) to disbelieve and possibly reduce the effect. If that save is successful there is only a 80% chance the spell words normally, and a 20% chance that the spell fails entirely. If the spell goes into effect on that random vampire must make a Will save DC 41 to avoid being trapped in a gem (still assuming Soul and Body are thereby just put into an otherwise worthless Gemstone created on the spot, as per earlier).

Drako_Beoulve
2018-10-04, 10:29 AM
"WOW, that escalated quickly!", As Feybelle sees and hears the massive creature she start to mutter some spells to buff herself.

Free Actions:
Cast Quickened Persistent Intensified Nixie's Grace
Cast Quickened Persistent Intensified Divine Power
Cast Quickened Persistent True Strike
Cast Quickened Persistent True Casting

Swift Action:
Cast Quickened Teleport (5ft. from Somna)

Feybelle appears near Somna, looking at the massive creature.

"Hey Somna what the hell are u doing?!?!?"

samduke
2018-10-04, 10:38 AM
Nice of you to join the party Feybelle, I think - pointing at the 3 headed beast, that is whats going on. if you care to join in Julie's attention is on the 3 headed beast now.

Stormwolf69
2018-10-05, 11:08 PM
Doxkid ,Drako_Beoulve &samduke
(Soul Snatch the creature saves)
The snake creature lets out a hiss. As it says “The priestess promised me these lands. And I will be the only legal God of them. And I will have my revenge.You will see Mortals. You will see.” As its portals a way.

As Robert teleports onto Somna shoulder. He is in his human form and with just his pants and boots on. As he comments “We are here less then an hour and you guys picked a fight. I think, I will look for the priestess. I am going to try and capture her. She may be a small treasure trove of infomation. Also, I have my own ship on the way as well. And some forces.” As he free falls into the chaos below.

Doxkid
2018-10-06, 11:47 AM
Full Somna

"Huh. So everyone survived that. Interesting.

For those of you who came late, I was making good on my promise. You know...Raze a country, Solo a boss, take over a dungeon...that whole speel. Marcus took exception to me killing NPCs, going on and on about some plan he didn't bother telling anyone about, unlike mine that I clearly explained to you guys but...well, he gave up in the end. Probably for the best: no matter who wins in an intra-guild PVP battle the guild itself loses...almost as much as Marcus would if he tried to catch these hands.:smallcool::smallcool::smallcool:

Anyway, everything that came to attack me ran away. Vampires have been plotting against the kingdoms and this," Somna sweeps an arm out to indicate the scattered soldiers and numerous corpses and roaring fire below, "is the result of me interfering with a battle between their mortal states. I just wanted to test a few things out on NPCs but apparently I captured royalty instrumental to the vampires plan for taking over the country.

The vampires either had high spell-avoidance abilities or high base Hit Point stats. I pulled average damage on a 'Unleashed Source-Light!' (Sunburst without a CL cap) so they were probably at least Gold tier to survive that AND resist my 'Shadowed Soul Snatch' ('Shades' casting 'Trap the Soul'). Be on the lookout for mob-style ganks with multiple DPS-specced undead; they were probably Warlocks since they seemed to leave using 'Flee the Scene', but I don't know what else they have under their belts. They might be specced like me...which would be a problem for our non-combatants. Forty vamps tried me and got chased off by a single spell, but I'm the team Striker (Damage per second specialist with high mobility) and undead to boot, so anyone with lower burst-AOE (Area of Effect) damage or weaker undead resistances should probably swap gear toward enduring undead attacks or travel with an escort.

All that besides, some kind of giant snake sent by a goddess showed up acting too aggressive for my tastes and...well, it survived ten basic attacks and managed to run away. That's around two thousand damage, split one-third slashing-type physical damage and two-thirds negative energy, along with twenty one saves against debuffs.

Oh! And someone took an interest in my fighting power. I think they're trying to recruit me via PM.

Somna delivers his report of the situation with verve and flashing emotes. Surely he has had the most interesting day, what with the vampires and the intra-guild competition and the giant snake; the reason he isn't ecstatic about his little adventure is that he couldn't livestream this to his devoted fans.

It's going to be annoying as all hell for him to recreate this once he's back online, assuming there is a 'back online' for him to achieve in the first place.

Goaty14
2018-10-06, 02:33 PM

Marcus turns from the room, facing the Lantern Archon "Very well, it seems that the battle you speak of is over anyways. Proceed to join your brethern in investigating the rest of this world."
Marcus turns to Zextrius (his kobold cohort) "Hmmm, I could say that I have a plan to kill Somna, but he may yet prove useful to us. Instead, we'll simply lay claim to what he hasn't targeted yet."

Marcus moves to the Throne Room, sits upon the throne, and attempts to teleport to the location before Touch_Me sent the guild to the swamp. Should that attempt fail, he'll return to the balcony and wait for an archon to return with news.

Law o' Resistance:
-Gate of Worlds +2
-Planar Circle: +4[/QUOTE]

Doxkid
2018-10-06, 10:43 PM
Full Somna

The Ascended Sleeper hovers in place as his compatriots digest his words, floating above the fire patiently for all of one or two seconds before he exclaims, "Well, enough about that. I'm here to test a few things out and now is a perfect time to do so. Vampires seem abundant here, and I'm doing just fine as a lich so lets try something a little bit more...interesting. Lets make something that'll really stand out, and maybe test out that 'Working indirectly' idea Marcus suggested, bless his little unoptimized heart..."

Somna swoops directly into the raging Shadow-fire to scavenge a few bodies, completely ignoring his own pseudo-spell; as a shadowmaster he can freely ignore his own shadow-manipulation tricks, after all, and he only needs one or two bodies to test his idea out.

"Embers from the Primordial Fire, smoldering undeath! Rime from the Desolate Void, frigid undeath!" Somna chants as he slaps two corpses with hands overflowing with dark energies; his dark chant is mostly cosmetic, but a hawk-eyed observer might notice that he's fine tuning both castings of his spell with minute movements of naked phalanges as the digits come to a rest upon the two bodies. "Rise! You now serve a new master!"

Arcane Fencer+Duskblade arcane channel on 'Greater Create Undead', cast from Greddoe's Dread Necromancer 8th level slots, to attempt to create a 'Shape of Fire' from one corpse and a 'Shadow of the Void' from the other.

Shape of Fire skill check: [roll0] vs DC 48 (so an auto success except for a 1)
Shadow of Void skill check: [roll1] vs DC 48 (so an auto success except for a 1)

As per the 'Master of Necromancy' feat taken from 'Veneficus Optima' all undead created by necromancy spells are automatically under control and counter toward Somna's control pool. Since Ainate Dead is the main necromancy spell with a control pool, with neither Create Undead nor Greater Create undead having one since neither grant automatic control over the undead you create, I'll assume that these guys fall into the Animate Dead control pool. Somna has a resting Animate Dead control pool of 160 thanks to his CL of 40, and a "buffed' one of 320 thanks for his "Permanent Emanation: Consumptive Field+Greater Consumptive Field" feats

Stormwolf69
2018-10-14, 07:17 PM
Goaty14
As you sit on the command throne and look at the user interface that comes up you notice that you can not recall the last teleport locations.

As you then return to the balcony as you wait for an archon to arrive with news. After a while one of your archons returns with a three maps saying her found them on some corpses in the mountains it would appear that some smugglers were ambushed by goblins but the maps may be of some use. Also looking at the geography form up high I think that that Lake could be the Khurinlach.
You get thee maps.

http://www.birthright.net/tmp/cerilia-huge2.jpg
http://www.birthright.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1579&stc=1
http://www.birthright.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1582

Doxkid and the others.

You summon you two others undead. As your elementals continue to kill whatever they encounter. As the two new ones await their new orders.

Doxkid
2018-10-14, 10:24 PM
Somna

"Well, that looks to be about right. Or, I guess I should say it doesn't look wrong." Somna spends a moment or two examining his three creations before he loses interest; and returns his focus to his party members. "It looks like I can apply my knowledge of monsters to the various creatures I can create; I'll head back to my workshop later and cook up a few of the NPCs we lost a few raids ago.

So...anything you guys needed?

Doxkid
2018-10-16, 07:55 PM
Somna

"No? I figured you guys came over for a guild chat. Hmm. Take your time, I suppose. I have some cleaning to do." With a wave of his hand Somna sweeps the tumultuous cloud of embers out of existence, bringing his contribution to the battlefield to an end; his elemental has long since been destroyed and, for now, his two undead take no action at all. Another wave of his hands brings the two crystals holding the essences of the two random warriors; their royal lineage marks them as important enough to be questioned even if Somna decides not to hold them hostage and demand a ransom.

"I declare you free...
So you may stand...
Before me."

The chant is mostly thematic (though there were instances of trapped souls being destroyed along with the soulgems back in the beta, that was patched ages ago) but his next words are not. "Little princes, I offer you a choice. You may serve me. Or..." The two Undead creatures draw closer, putting the mortal princes just outside the range of their auras of either Flame or Frost, "...you may suffer. Vampires approached me after I captured you. Your first task is telling me where to find them. If they put up a half-decent fight I will not need to entertain myself with your homeland...yet."

Somna Dispels the Incendiary cloud with Lucida's At-Will Greater Dispel Magic SLA; The creator of a spell may automatically dispel their own magic without need for a check if they so desire. After that, Somna will release the twoPrinces from the soulgems created by Trap the SOul; they should be in good condition, other than whatever injuries they incurred before being sealed temporarily.

Stormwolf69
2018-10-26, 05:56 PM
Doxkid

The princes panic as there fear grips them. As they complain that they did not know of any vampires in their armies. But there are vampires in control of Ilien and in the lands to the north called the Vampires Hold, And The Hallow Marsh are areas controlled by Vampire Lords. As you start to make your way back the bloodravens cohort pops up inform of you. Saying. Master Somnaggredior. My Master has asked me to, Ask you. Well he wants you to call off your elementals and let him and his men finish off the town. His plans are to slaughter the men and let his fallowers loot the town of its valuable. And after they put every man to the sword, they are to put the women in chains and bring them back to base to be sorted. It is sort of funny when wolves act like lions. I wonder is he going to use them as stock to breed an army of werewolves or give them to his men to help keep them happy and loyal. What are your thoughts Lucida as she turns her attention to her.

Goaty14

As you wait for more news a portal opens up in the main room as StormRaven he has some wounds on him but was regenerating. As he lays out too you well the first was defiantly and unconscious woman. Given the amount of silk and gold on there she was defiantly of the nobility. And the second. With her horned head, wings, hooves, blond hair and a snake for a tail. But most of her was still a nude human woman. StormRaven looks at you and Comments that the polymorph (NSFW) (https://orig00.deviantart.net/dc71/f/2016/357/2/c/chimaera_monster_girl_by_dapper_cat-dasmnod.jpg)was her idea as she attacked me. After I knocked out the priestess that was leading reptile men and most likely was the priestess that summoned the huge snake. As for these two I know they are to dangerous to let my men have so to the prisons they will go to we come up with a better idea. Her outfit did not survive the transfeminine but she had an Item of +10 to charisma. Also, I think I may have managed to save some of the town sort of. Thought what I suggested to Somma you will not totally agree with. But I am willing to explain as I take these to the prisons. And with the way they are set up for spell casters that should hold them for a while. And I should have a maid find her some clothing. as he looks for your responce.

Doxkid
2018-10-27, 03:40 PM
Somna

The Somna trio starts :smalleek: in surprise at the harshness of this cohort's plans. "Well, I won't say you guys shouldn't or can't unlike a certain busybody Game Master would...but...jeez that's rough. I just came over and wrecked these guys for the sake of testing their fighting prowess and comparing my combat ability to the standard I normally reach; I didn't think we were going full 'First Law' on this place, ya know? Granted Abercrombe's works are spectacular, but...

...Anyway. maybe we should have a full guild meeting. Marcus is whining about me wandering around hunting; I can only imagine the tantrum he'd throw if he caught wind of what you guys are doing. I'll keep him in check, but I guess the entire guild should decide on it's stance toward what's going on before we do anything big; I don't want to have to one-shot Marcus if I end up killing a few Ancient-Dragons he wanted for his tea parties."

Lucidia and Pavor melt back into SOmna as he turns his attention to the two princes and his newly created undead.
"Shadow Soul Snatch.
S. Soul Snatch.
S. Soul Snatch.
S. Soul Snatch."

"I'll be waiting in the guild meeting chamber. Would you mind gathering everyone up?" Full Somna, along with the soul Crystals of the two undead and the two princes, vanishes with a quiet fizzling sound, reappearing instantly in the guild hall.

Goaty14
2018-10-28, 12:31 AM
"Er, yes, of course." Marcus replies. "I'll see to her proper imprisonment personally as an opposition to our great city here. In the meantime, you said there is something else to be talking about?" Marcus shifts his left eyebrow upwards as if to show a questioning face. Stepping down from the throne, Marcus walks over to StormRaven and heaves the unconscious body up over his shoulders, gesturing for him to take the lead.

Stormwolf69
2018-10-31, 01:00 PM
Somna
when you enter the main meeting room it is empty. But there was an item on the table. It is a Tiara form where you do not know. As the head maid walks by the door and notices you then quietly enters the room. As if waiting for orders.

Goaty14
As the two of you walk thought the castle down into the prisons bellow. StormRaven caring his prisoner in his arms, Says. “Well I made a bluff. I have given my commanders orders for my arm to surround the city and besiege both sides and await orders. They are going to do nothing but take up positions. I told my cohort. Something else. What I told her to inform Somna that I was after I take out the priestess and any major threats for my army to surround and attack. And them after killing all the men. To loot the city and bring the woman back in chains. I was hoping that the shock of the brutality may be enough to snap in out of what ever power fantasy he is having. Or I have at least given him a reason to keep part of the population alive. But I drought he will call my bluff.”

As he opens the door to the prison and puts his prison where he is fairly confident she will not be able to cast anything. Closing the door says. “Should we dispel her polymorph or should we just let it run out? I have her spell book. So, we could review that well we wait for the others.”

Doxkid
2018-11-03, 11:21 PM
Somnagreddior

Greddoe observes the tiara for half a moment (scanning his memory for similar items and their significance) before disregarding the object. It's not as if he is lacking in magical artifacts, after all, and most items people of his guild own are tailored to their specific needs and build. Instead he quickly focuses on more important matters: guild maintenance.

Several NPCs were lost in the last big raid. Some were severely injured and must be reformed, a few others were forced into a dormant form and must be manually rejuvenated in some way, and still more were outright undone and must be replaced entirely; while Somna has the resources to bring them back it is ultimately better to recreated those from scratch and make sure they can either hold their own in battle or can escape more readily.

This is his role in the guild: keeping the guild's NPC roster up to date with powerful and useful NPC subordinates, just as he has since back when he helped found the guild on his first character 'Alptraum'.

'If the others focus on finding the Vampires and that amusingly durable serpent then I can get to work on the NPCs and my side jobs until they've been located. Otherwise I'll maintain battle-fitness and search on my own after taking care of a few of the easier tasks...

All Mother should still be functional, but I don't need to drag her around; she's better off populating the Shadox Realm and I'm pretty sure she'll die to just about anything worth mentioning if I brought her out anyway. Gatekeeper, on the other hand, needs to be around to serve his role properly. I'll create a few copies of him and then bring him back to the guild before I get to updating the Clones or setting contingent True Resurrections, and then I'll work on creating more escape-talisman to hand out.

After that I'll need to churn out Pseudo-scrolls. Not everyone has solid spellcasting foundations so my standard Buff-Boosters along with a few Defense scrolls will be enough to hold them over while I work on replacing all of the combat NPCs, but we will also need to patch our defenses before any rival groups realize we're down to the static guild-ship wards. I should have a few Ice Assassin Doppelgangers of myself left that I can mobilize, but I'll need to station some in the private Demiplanes and Shadox Realm, so I should create some of the rest of the guild while I'm at it... '