PDA

View Full Version : The Haunted Fort

MrSandman
2018-08-25, 04:11 AM
So the adventure is finally kicking off!

First, let me make a couple of remarks:

- If you need to roll something, add a roll to the post where you describe what you're trying to do. If you forget, I'll roll it in your stead. Likewise, I'll roll reactions (such as saving throws) and secret rolls.

- When you roll for an attack, do it in this way:
Attack Roll: The normal d20 plus modifiers, blah blah
Critical Hit Confirmation: In case you get a possible critical, this'll keep us from having to roll confirmations later.
Normal Damage: Damage you'd do if you hit.
Critical Damage: Additional damage you'd do if you get a critical hit (NOTE: Only roll the additional damage, not the whole damage. The normal damage will be added to this if you roll a critical)

Example: Attack with a Greataxe and 14 Str:
Attack Roll: 1d20+4
Critical Confirmation: 1d20+4
Normal Damage: 1d12+3
Critical Damage: 2d12+6

The adventure starts on your last night at The World's End. This is basically an opportunity for you to roleplay a bit and establish some party dynamics from the outset. Once you're ready, you can get a good night's sleep and set off in the morning.

And, without further ado...

It's already evening. You have been busy for most of the day, making preparations for your trip. You decided to answer the call for help from a village in the badlands, too close to the Wilderness for anyone to be comfortable with the thought of going there. The call was issued from Blackhold. The details are few, but two things are clear: its inhabitants have been mysteriously disappearing, and they offer a reward, though the specifics of the reward remain unknown. It is a week-long journey until you reach Blackhold, and that is if you're not delayed by monsters, bandits, or get lost. That, added to the peril already involved in the quest, makes it a good idea to join together with other brave souls who are willing to lend a helping hand to those in need.

Tonight, you are meeting at The World's End with the other valiant heroes who decided to aid the request for help. This will be the last preparations for the journey ahead, as well as a chance to drink with friends one more time and to bid good-bye to those whom you may not be seeing again.

As you enter the tavern, the warmth of a fire welcomes you. It is early Autumn, but it's always cold in this part of the kingdom. There are a few customers scattered here and there, but it seems a quiet night, at least for now. Close to the fire, a man is playing a harp and signing a song about a heroic king who slew a dragon. Close by, there is a woman in travel attire sitting and listening attentively to the song.

Niobaran
2018-08-25, 07:37 AM
Jara enters the tavern, after having given her mule and a few copper into the caring hands of the stable boy/girl. When entering, she quickly scans the present, and should someone meet her glance, she offer a friendly smile. She turns to the bar asking for a bed to stay for the night. "...and a bowl of water to wash away the dirt from the road, if you have." She closes her request friendly.

Jara is tall but slender and narrow-shouldered. Her greenish skin and the small tusks in her face makes it impossible for her to hide her Ork heritage. Her face has been described by many as kind or gentle, and guessing from her features she must be in her twenties. She moves very gracefully and has a winning smile. Two well-crafted daggers accompany her everywhere, and over her simple clothing, she wears well-made leather armor with several metal studs.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-08-25, 09:45 AM
"oooh this isn't good this isn't good." mutters Molos Wyran as he nervously look about the tavern. Molos has been at World's End for several days now, much longer than his his regular stays. He currently sits at the bar, shakily scanning the room as though he was looking for someone. "I haven't met or heard of anyone who is going to Blackhold. Is no one going to help? I can't be the only one......what am I going to do....I'll die if it's just me." He quickly meets the eye of the lovely Orc who just walked in, then quickly looks away. "I can't save her if it's just me."

Molos stands slightly hunched and defeated from long years of discrimination and cruelty. His build is fit but slightly lanky. He has white, neck length hair that he keeps pulled back. His skin is as gray as ash from a fresh fire. He has a long, lizard like tail that extends to his height and short black horns protruding from his temples. He wears a simple peasant's outfit that can glow and a soft red halo floats just above his head.

ff7hero
2018-08-25, 09:47 AM
Rigna slips the door to The World's End open and steps in; a massive "man" follows close behind her, clad in only a loin cloth with two claymores strapped to his back.

"Looks like someone beat us here, Eddy," she says to the figure behind her. She nearly skips to the bar, her braided hair bouncing along. As she gets closer, the telltale jingle of chain mail can be heard, muffled somewhat by the white dress worn atop it. "Eddy" follows slowly behind her. She looks up at the Half Orc and asks, "Excuse me, miss, but are you here about the Troubles in Blackhold?"

Niobaran
2018-08-25, 10:05 AM
Jara turns around upon being asked. She swiftly examines the two newcomers, and with clear perplexity regarding the bodyguard in loincloth, she answers, slightly nodding: "Yes, indeed. My name is Jara.", she quickly dusts of her right hand at her side, and offers it to Rigna and the bodyguard for a shake as she knows this from the capital. "-- and you are?"

ChaoticHarmony
2018-08-25, 10:15 AM
Wait...did they just say what I think they said? Molos turns his attention toward the conversation between the newcomers. "I...I can't be this lucky can I? Momma.....I might have a chance after all..." he whispers to himself. Molos stands from his seat, and very slowly, tentatively makes his way towards them. He shrinks into himself some, trying to make himself smaller. He hopes they dont notice him, but desperately wants them to at the same time.

cecil1994
2018-08-25, 11:14 AM
Molos isn't the only one who perked up at that.

"Ah! Hi Rigna! I'm gonna answer that call in the morning- wanna share another campfire? I've heard too many stories about the Wilderness to travel alone."

Ro looks back at the table she came from. It's half-shadow, filled with grey-haired amputees and other eyepatch-wearing adventurer types. They grumble into their cider.

(Also, Rosa waited for a lull in the conversation to hijack it. She's brash, not rude.)

Sarven
2018-08-25, 12:26 PM
Aritian is a tad bit confused. He found a letter in his pocket so he remembers he is in town to help with some sort of problem in black hold, but not much else. Over hearing the conversation in Worlds End he says: "Pardon me, but I believe you may be able to help me."

Kallimakus
2018-08-25, 01:46 PM
Linya enters The World's end. She is of average height, weary from the Road, her blue hair dancing with an invisible breeze. She takes in the scene imperiously, listening to the talk about Wilderness. She knew there had to be others coming to help with the Blackhold issue. She wished she wasn't late. Her master had been quite precise about the need for punctuality. And long-winded. And worried. Now that she was here, there were a few things to take care of besides finding her future companions.

She marches to the bartender. "I was hoping that you could have a letter delivered to the capital?" she says. She produces a folded letter and a gold coin, to start with.

Linya is a thin, willowy woman of average height. She has pale skin, covered in swirly, faint blue patterns that resemble tattoos. They glow when she draws upon her heriatage or magic. She carries a staff, as well as a scroll-case hanging from her belt. Also at the belt is her grimoire, her magical focus. Her backpack holds the rest of her gear and her familiar. She wears a dark blue robe, and is always accompanied by a pleasant, cooling breeze.

Apologies for my inattention to this game, and thanks for having me. I've had issues with travel and phone battery that have kept me from finalizing my equipment and such. I should have time tomorrow, hopefully, to fill out my plans to the sheet.

MrSandman
2018-08-25, 02:16 PM
'My beer provider should be coming in the next day or two,' the bar keeper answers as he takes the coin and the letter and hides them in his clothes, 'I'll send it with him. Do you wish to eat something, goodwife?'

cecil1994
2018-08-25, 02:23 PM
Aritian is a tad bit confused. He found a letter in his pocket so he remembers he is in town to help with some sort of problem in black hold, but not much else. Over hearing the conversation in Worlds End he says: "Pardon me, but I believe you may be able to help me."

"Depends."

She gestures towards the newcomer's axe.

"You know how to use that?"

Kallimakus
2018-08-25, 03:08 PM
"A meal would be most welcome. What do you have?" Linya says, grateful.

Sarven
2018-08-25, 03:47 PM
"Depends."

She gestures towards the newcomer's axe.

"You know how to use that?"

Aritian pauses for a moment trying to remember " I... no.
Wait. Yes. " He says. looking bewildered.

cecil1994
2018-08-25, 03:58 PM
Aritian pauses for a moment trying to remember " ["COLOR="#FFA07A"]I... no.
Wait. Yes.[/COLOR] " He says. looking bewildered.

"Uh. You sure?"

Rosa moves her finger back and forth in front of the paladin's face. Do his eyes track it?

Sarven
2018-08-25, 04:07 PM
"Uh. You sure?"

Rosa moves her finger back and forth in front of the paladin's face. Do his eyes track it?
His eyes track it he responds with "I'm sure, but I think that I have... What's the word for not remembering anything? "

cecil1994
2018-08-25, 04:16 PM
His eyes track it he responds with "I'm sure, but I think that I have... What's the word for not remembering anything? "

Rosa's an *******.

"I've forgotten."

She buys him a drink.

Sarven
2018-08-25, 04:32 PM
"thank you." he responds accepting it "I have to ask. Where is this place Accordinf to this letter I'm helping anoble in a place called. Blackhold."

Kallimakus
2018-08-26, 01:09 AM
"Blackhold?" Linya asks, "I was supposed to go there. I'm Linya, by the way."

ff7hero
2018-08-26, 01:39 AM
"Hi Jara! Oh wow, what a crowd we've become! My name is Rigna, and this is my protector, Eddy. Rosa mentioned some trouble in Blackhold and we thought we'd offer some aid." turning to the bartender she favors him with a glowing grin, "I'll have whatever you're serving and a cup of wine. Eddy doesn't need anything to eat, thank you."

MrSandman
2018-08-26, 04:05 AM
The barkeeper brings some food and drinks to the table. The meal consists mainly of porridge, baked potatoes, and cheese. The drinks' quality isn't exceptionally high, but they're remarkably good for this sort of establishment.

'Blackhold?' the barkeeper asks, 'You mean to go there, I suppose? I would advise against it, milords, queer things have been happening there.'

ff7hero
2018-08-26, 04:11 AM
Rigna tilts her head and looks up at the barkeep. "Can you tell us anything more about the troubles in Blackwood?"

ChaoticHarmony
2018-08-26, 04:59 AM
Molos is caught off guard by the sudden number of people going to Blackhold. He loses his nerve and backs off from them a little bit, until the Bartender warns them against going. "W-w-wait, no please! They n-need to come! My Mo......Blackhold needs their help." Molos shrinks into himself after speaking, as though embarrassed by his own presence in the conversation.

Sarven
2018-08-26, 05:59 AM
Rigna tilts her head and looks up at the barkeep. "Can you tell us anything more about the troubles in Blackwood?"

Aritian also is curious about what is happening In blackhold "What sort of queer things?" he asks.

MrSandman
2018-08-26, 07:15 AM
'Folk have been disappearing,' the barkeeper answers. 'And not only in Blackhold. Travellers who chanced in the neighbouring area haven't been seen again either. Last week, a man tarried here who had heard odd voices in the night and seen cloaked ghosts, or so he claimed. It may all be superstition. I for one shouldn't like to see mysen' involved in such a queer affair.'

After he finishes talking, the barkeeper looks out of the window for a moment. Then he shudders and goes back to the bar, shrugging as if trying to rid himself of some sort of jinx. In the meantime, the woman in traveller's clothes who was listening to the singer has come up to your table. She isn't particularly beautiful, but she isn't hard to look at either. Her voice is soft and melodious.

'Pardon my intrusion, milords. Do I hear that you are setting of to Blackhold?' she asks politely.

Sarven
2018-08-26, 07:31 AM
'Folk have been disappearing,' the barkeeper answers. 'And not only in Blackhold. Travellers who chanced in the neighbouring area haven't been seen again either. Last week, a man tarried here who had heard odd voices in the night and seen cloaked ghosts, or so he claimed. It may all be superstition. I for one shouldn't like to see mysen' involved in such a queer affair.'

After he finishes talking, the barkeeper looks out of the window for a moment. Then he shudders and goes back to the bar, shrugging as if trying to rid himself of some sort of jinx. In the meantime, the woman in traveller's clothes who was listening to the singer has come up to your table. She isn't particularly beautiful, but she isn't hard to look at either. Her voice is soft and melodious.

'Pardon my intrusion, milords. Do I hear that you are setting of to Blackhold?' she asks politely.

"That is correct. Why do you ask?" Aritian responds.

MrSandman
2018-08-26, 09:44 AM
'I was on my way tither but turned back,' she explains. 'I need to get an amulet delivered to the spice merchant, a woman by the name of Fidora, and I wondered if you would do the delivery for me. She shall pay you for the service.'

Sarven
2018-08-26, 09:55 AM
'I was on my way tither but turned back,' she explains. 'I need to get an amulet delivered to the spice merchant, a woman by the name of Fidora, and I wondered if you would do the delivery for me. She shall pay you for the service.'

Aritian absent mindedly touches the pouch on his belt"I need the money. I'll do it.
Whereis this spice merchant? "

Niobaran
2018-08-27, 02:07 AM
Jara listens to the conversation and tries to assess her future team members. An odd collection of people, she thinks to herself, as odd as the problem.

Molos is caught off guard by the sudden number of people going to Blackhold. He loses his nerve and backs off from them a little bit, until the Bartender warns them against going. "W-w-wait, no please! They n-need to come! My Mo......Blackhold needs their help." Molos shrinks into himself after speaking, as though embarrassed by his own presence in the conversation.

Jara turns to Molos, with a friendly, reassuring smile. She does not seem to be repelled by his looks, if something, she seems curious.

"Sir, are you alright? You seem to know the place? And the way there?"

MrSandman
2018-08-27, 03:54 AM
Aritian absent mindedly touches the pouch on his belt"I need the money. I'll do it.
Whereis this spice merchant? "

'I imagine that her establishment would be in the merchant's district. If you ask for Fidora, the spice merchant, the townsfolk should be able to point you thereto.'

You don't know of any spice merchant in Blackhold.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-08-27, 04:49 AM
"Umm.....y-yes Ma'am. I actually live nearby Blackhold." Molos takes a moment to breath, to try to calm himself. The kind faced Orc's smile seems to help steady his frayed nerves. "I am Molos, Molos Wyran. I am a Light Maker.....I was.....hoping to find a couple people, to come help. From what I've gathered.....you're the only ones who're maybe willing? I could.....I-I mean, Blackhold could really use your help finding those who have disappeared. Please?" As he speaks, Molos hears the strange woman speak of a 'Fidora, the spice merchant'. A perplexed look comes across his face. That's strange.....I haven't heard of any spice merchant named Fidora....

Rolling to see if he recognizes the name at all.
Knowledge: Local [roll0]
Lore: Blackhold Stories: [roll1]

MrSandman
2018-08-27, 06:02 AM
You're not familiar with the name. For all you know, it could be a newcomer, but you're mostly sure that she can't have been there for a long time. She certainly isn't part of any story you can recall.

ff7hero
2018-08-27, 09:45 AM
"I'd be willing to bring your amulet to this Fidora, but some upfront payment would push it to the top of my priorities."

[roll0]

MrSandman
2018-08-29, 01:14 AM
The woman frowns slightly, obviously bothered by the last two comments.

'Well, you are free not to take the amulet if you don't think there's any Fidora in Blackhold. I shall find some other way to get it there.' Then she adds, 'As for upfront payment, I can give you ten gold pieces, but I doubt you're interested in this business anymore.'

Niobaran
2018-08-29, 02:53 AM
Jara

"Umm.....y-yes Ma'am. I actually live nearby Blackhold." Molos takes a moment to breath, to try to calm himself. The kind faced Orc's smile seems to help steady his frayed nerves. "I am Molos, Molos Wyran. I am a Light Maker.....I was.....hoping to find a couple people, to come help. From what I've gathered.....you're the only ones who're maybe willing? I could.....I-I mean, Blackhold could really use your help finding those who have disappeared. Please?" As he speaks, Molos hears the strange woman speak of a 'Fidora, the spice merchant'. A perplexed look comes across his face. That's strange.....I haven't heard of any spice merchant named Fidora....

Just as Jara wanted to give some soothing words to Molos, the whole Fidora-discussion begins.
"How many inhabitants has Blackhold, anyway?"

MrSandman
2018-08-29, 03:12 AM
About three hundred

ChaoticHarmony
2018-08-29, 04:59 AM
Molos stares widely at the woman. Did.....did she just read my thoughts?!.... Molos is distracted for a short moment, but then shakes his head and gives Jara his full attention. "W-well.....it had a population of about 300 people. But with the disappearances, that number is getting severely reduced.......of course, Blackhold still gets the occasional merchant or traveller passing through..."

ff7hero
2018-08-29, 06:47 AM
"Honestly, Sir Forgets-A-Lot can have this contract. Is there anything else we should discuss before getting some sleep?"

Kallimakus
2018-08-29, 07:44 AM
"There's ghosts and disappearances? How could I say no?" Linya says, smiling with a slightest hint of nervousness that is eclipsed by excitement. Finally a chance to prove herself. She walks over to Molos. "You can count on me as well."

cecil1994
2018-08-29, 10:36 AM
"There's ghosts and disappearances? How could I say no?" Linya says, smiling with a slightest hint of nervousness that is eclipsed by excitement. Finally a chance to prove herself. She walks over to Molos. "You can count on me as well."

"If the stories have any truth to them, there's also cannibals. Head off in the morning?"

(Unless the inn's extremely cheap Rosa's been camping in the woods. Money is tight.)

MrSandman
2018-08-29, 01:18 PM
The woman looks at Aritian and says a bit coolly, 'So are you going to deliver the amulet or am I wasting my time here?'

Kallimakus
2018-08-29, 02:47 PM
"If the stories have any truth to them, there's also cannibals. Head off in the morning?"

"Works for me."

Sarven
2018-08-29, 02:48 PM
The woman looks at Aritian and says a bit coolly, 'So are you going to deliver the amulet or am I wasting my time here?'

Aritian blinks shakes his head and says "what? Oh yes, sorry lost my train of thought there for a second. I'll do it."

MrSandman
2018-08-30, 01:28 AM
'Much appreciated,' she says. Then she hands Aritian a silver amulet with a red gem in the middle and ten gold pieces. Once the transaction is complete, she holds out her hand waiting for Aritia to shake it.

Sarven
2018-08-30, 07:04 AM
'Much appreciated,' she says. Then she hands Aritian a silver amulet with a red gem in the middle and ten gold pieces. Once the transaction is complete, she holds out her hand waiting for Aritia to shake it.

He shakes it. Then turns to the party and asks: "Does anyone know if there is a place I can stay for the night? I'm running low on funds on account of waking up in a random alley."

cecil1994
2018-08-30, 08:46 AM
He shakes it. Then turns to the party and asks: "Does anyone know if there is a place I can stay for the night? I'm running low on funds on account of waking up in a random alley."

"The forest? I'd rather not share my camp with a strange man, but you're welcome to your own."

Sarven
2018-08-30, 10:34 AM
"The forest? I'd rather not share my camp with a strange man, but you're welcome to your own."

"That's alright I can't expect you to invite a random stranger into your camp." He then turns to Molos "You seem to know the area. Where is the merchants district?"

ChaoticHarmony
2018-08-31, 05:05 AM
Molos jumps slightly at Linya's approach. It's rare that somebody does such without ill intent. "O-oh! Thank you so much....thank you all so much!" Small tears begin to form in the corner of Molos's eyes, but he quickly wipes them away. "We can leave whenever you're ready. Blackhold is about a week's journey from here. He addresses the forgetful man's question. "I can bring you to the merchant's district when we arrive...."

Sarven
2018-08-31, 11:39 AM
Aritian puts down his glass and says: "well If you would excuse me; I have to purchase provions for our journey to blackhold."

MrSandman
2018-08-31, 02:46 PM
So, are you all calling it a night?

MrSandman
2018-09-02, 10:02 AM
Killimakus, ff7hero, could you drop by our OoC thread to make sure you're agreeable with the travelling arrangements?

MrSandman
2018-09-03, 05:24 AM
The following morning, at the crack of dawn, a group of adventurers gathers in front of The World's End.

Day 1

When you leave, it's still too early for many people to be around. Most of the inhabitants of the area are either waking up or washing before a day's work. So everything is fairly quiet for the first few miles. During the first half of the day, you still find a farm or a cottage here and there, but they become more sparse as you go forward.

For the most part, it is a cloudy day. It's a bit cold, but not exceedingly. After noon, all trace of civilisation disappears. You don't come across anymore farms or other buildings, and the path has evident signs of disuse. Towards the end of your first day, you enter an old forest. As evening falls, you find a nice spot to camp, light a fire, eat some food, tell some tales and go to bed. It is a quiet night. As far as you can tell you're still on track.

Day 2

Today is colder than yesterday. You wake up and a light rain is falling. Thankfully, you don't really get wet because the forest protects you from most of the rain. You keep travelling. You pass through a few clearings, but the forest seems to go on and on. Eventually, toward mid-afternoon, something interesting happens:

(You can read the following spoiler, but you can't act on it until you either hear noises or get there, which shouldn't take more than a couple minutes, I don't think)

As you explore ahead, you find a camp well-hidden in the woods. It would have been easy to miss if you hadn't been paying careful attention to your surroundings, and you can tell that it has been hidden on purpose. As you move closer, you see six men in the camp (which fits the amount of people that it provides shelter for). There's a couple of crates laying around and two of the men are keeping watch.

They look like the sort of people with whom you don't want trouble. Most likely, they are bandits, though they could also be some other sort of outlaws.

Unfortunately, as you turn around to go and warn the others, you step on a branch and it cracks under your foot.

'Who's there?' you hear one of the watchmen shout.

EDIT: Pretty much all of them wear studder leather. One of them wears a chain shirt and has a sword. The others have crossbows and handaxes, and one has a spear.

Day 1
Molos's survival check: 19 (aid +2)
Rosa's survival check: 24
Day 2
Molos's survival check: 7 (no aid granted)
Rosa's survival check: 18

Jara's perception check: 20
Jara's stealth check: 17

@ChaoticHarmony: You don't have any ranks in knowledge (geography), so I used your survival skill instead for the aid another action.

Niobaran
2018-09-03, 05:12 PM
Jara freezes in place. She slowly crouches, and tries to pick up a few heavy objects, like a big stick or a stone. She then throws them into the direction leading away from the camp but not into the direction of the group, hoping to make them believe that it was an animal, fleeing the scene upon hearing the humanoid voice.

I have no idea how to handle this, so here, have some rolls, and if required, please just make some for me :)
[roll0]
[roll1]

MrSandman
2018-09-04, 08:05 AM
The watchman starts walking toward the direction the noise came from.

Niobaran
2018-09-04, 08:31 AM
Jara stays where she is, hoping that the watchman concludes that it was a harmless animal. Should the watchman decide to then return to his camp, she will wait a moment and then carefully sneak back to the others.

MrSandman
2018-09-04, 08:45 AM
The watchman looks around for a while before finally turning around and going back to the camp.

Niobaran
2018-09-04, 09:00 AM
Jara very carefully sneaks back to the others, this time hopefully without getting the attention of the camp.

Assuming she manages to return, she lets the others know about what she has observed, closing with: "... we should probably not confront them, I think. They did not seem exactly... friendly. Bandits, I suppose?" She looks at those who seem to know about the area (Rosa and Molos?). Maybe they knew more.

To save you the trouble of rolling for me, here have some stealth rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Feel free to ignore all or any of them. :)

Kallimakus
2018-09-04, 09:18 AM
Days of dreary travel. That was Linya's life now. Sleeping on a tent like a peasant. "Unless we have some reason to look for trouble, I agree that we should move along." she says.

cecil1994
2018-09-04, 09:38 AM
"Yup. I can lead us around them, no worries. You think they noticed you?"

Niobaran
2018-09-04, 09:52 AM
Jara

"One of them heard me stepping on a twig, I think. But I am pretty sure I was able to distract them, and walk back after the guy returned to camp." Jara explains how it all went down, if asked.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-04, 10:25 AM
"Bandits? Let me think for a momemt....either way, I agree we should give them a wide berth. Stealth isn't exactly a strength of mine." replies Molos, tapping his halo.

[roll0]
Know:Local to see if I know anything about the bandits

Sarven
2018-09-04, 10:34 AM
Aritian stops. Pauses for a moment then instinctively draws his greataxe. He steps forward as if to charge then stops. His expression makes it appear that he is focusing on something.

Niobaran
2018-09-04, 10:45 AM
Aritian stops. Pauses for a moment then instinctively draws his greataxe. He steps forward as if to charge then stops. His expression makes it appear that he is focusing on something.

Jara looks at Aritian, confused. "Did... did they follow me?"

MrSandman
2018-09-04, 11:39 AM
You haven't heard any news or rumours about bandits. However, you know that with the recent disappearances, several people have tried to abandon Blackhold. Some of them, unable or unwilling to travel further, have moved to temporary settlements in the woods.

Sarven
2018-09-04, 12:39 PM
Jara looks at Aritian, confused. "Did... did they follow me?"

"No... I'm sorry. Its just I have the sudden urge to attack the bandits."

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-04, 12:54 PM
"Well.....to tell the truth, they might not be bandits......" Damian squirms a little bit as his logic battles with his conscience. "After the disappearances started to escalate....some of the citizens of Blackhold got scared and left. Not all of them were fit to travel though, and others were just as scared of leaving the Badlands as they were staying in them. .....It's quite possible that Jara encountered a few who made camp in the woods." Damian looks across everyone's faces for a moment. "B-b-but that doesn't mean they wouldn't attack! And there is still a chance they are bandits!....but.....maybe......we should? But it will certainly take time.....Ooooh I don't know......."

Sarven
2018-09-04, 01:09 PM
"We need to figure out if we can trust them. If they came from Blackhold then they could have information or valuable resources."

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-04, 01:23 PM
"If I could see them, I might be able to recognize them. But if I got that close, they would certainly spot me...."

Niobaran
2018-09-04, 01:29 PM
Jara

"They clearly looked like trouble to me... and I am clearly against taking the risk to attack an armed group of six. "

cecil1994
2018-09-04, 03:22 PM
"We need to figure out if we can trust them. If they came from Blackhold then they could have information or valuable resources."

"If they did, I'm not down for claiming their "valuable resources". That's literally what bandits do." Rosa shrugs. "Let's just move on. I'm sure we'll be filled in by our employer."

Sarven
2018-09-04, 04:35 PM
"If they did, I'm not down for claiming their "valuable resources". That's literally what bandits do." Rosa shrugs. "Let's just move on. I'm sure we'll be filled in by our employer."

"I'm not suggesting that we steal anything. I figure if they settled here that means that they have an abundant supply of resources. Otherwise, why did they stay here, but you're right we should move on we shouldn't ask these people for help when it is their hour of need, not ours."

MrSandman
2018-09-05, 04:52 AM
Rosa leads the party around the woodsmen's camp. She makes sure to put a good distance in between the group and the camp, as to avoid being spotted by their watchmen. The party moves slowly and carefully, but eventually makes it to a place where it seems safe to resume normal travel again.

Not too long after that, the forest comes to an abrupt end. As you stop for a moment to see the way ahead, you see a meadow that goes on for miles and a few hills in the distance. A narrow, rough path winds through it.

After a couple hours, you find a proper spot to camp and start getting ready for the night.

Okay, if I understand correctly, Rosa is leading you around the woodsmen's camp. I'll make a survival check for Rosa (DC 15), and Stealth checks for everyone to avoid being sighted by the woodsmen. Any stealth check higher than 20 will give a +2 to less fortunate rolls (teamwork and that sort of stuff). You'll also have plenty of positive modifiers. For starters, you get a +2 for the forest (I'm counting it as an unfavourable condition for a perception check). Then you'll also get a +15 for distance.

Rosa's survival check: [roll0]

Aritian's stealth check: [roll1]
Jara's stealth check: [roll2]
Linya's stealth check: [roll3]
Molos's stealth check: [roll4]
Rosa's stealth check: [roll5]

Woodsmen's perception check: [roll6]

MrSandman
2018-09-05, 11:10 AM
You camp and share some stories from your lives and lands. Nothing extraordinary happens that night. The following day's travel is mostly on meadow, and you reach some hills by the end of it.

On the forth day, you enter another forest. At first it looks like any normal forest, but as you go deeper into it, the underbrush becomes so thick that it is impossible to travel outside of the path. The tree's foliage also becomes thicker, and the green light that comes through gives it an eerie look. Trees become larger and you start hearing strange noises.

About two hours before you need to stop and camp, the path reaches a point where it narrows and turns into a small trail, which you can only follow in a single file.

I'm stopping the narration here to allow you to modify the party's travel setting if you want to. Up until now Jara has been scouting a furlong ahead or so, but since this is a small trail, I thought I'd give you the chance to regroup if you wanted to.

Day 3
Molos's survival check: [roll0]
Rosa's survival check: [roll1]

Day 4
Molos's survival check: [roll2]
Rosa's survival check: [roll3]

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-05, 12:16 PM
"W-wait just a moment everyone!" Molos cries out as they approach the narrow trail. "Things are going to get a little more difficult from this point. So I would like to give you all something, just in case..."

Molos is going to give everyone an Everglow. Everyone who would like one should decide on a basic design they would like and say what it is in Discord. The color will be the one you picked for your character's speech.

Kallimakus
2018-09-05, 02:04 PM
"What is it that you are offering?" Linya asks, her tone suggesting that it better be worthwhile.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-05, 02:23 PM
"Oh! Um, well, you see....I'm a Light Maker by trade, so I thought that, um, I should give everyone a, Ah, Light Tattoo." Molos shrinks back a little bit, Linya's tone making him slightly nervous. He then says, with fear in his eyes, "I've heard many stories of people going into the Wilderness and coming back with strange habits and personalities. There are creatures that can change their shape, or create illusions, in order to trick anyone they come across! With the Light Tattoo however, we would have a way to identify each other in case we get separated! That way we won't be tricked if one of us turns out to be a shapechangers!"

cecil1994
2018-09-05, 03:03 PM
Oblibatory Sense Motive check. Not that I think you're up to anything, but Rosa just met this stammering warlock/doesn't have access to the spheres wiki.

[roll0]

"I buy that. Can we turn them off? Can you turn them on?"

(I do know the answers, sorry).

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-05, 03:50 PM
"Oh! Y-yes of course! You are able to turn them on and off at will. It just takes a bit of focus. After I cast them, I have no control over the Lights anymore, though they CAN be dispelled by a strong enough.....Darkness......spell. Or any other means that dispell magic. I can also customize them to your liking! So if you have a preferred design, I can make that for you." You can clearly hear and see the fear Molos has when he says the word 'Darkness', though he brightens back up when he resumes talking aboit his craft.

Sarven
2018-09-05, 04:37 PM
Aritian smiles encouragingly "That sounds like a good idea I acctualy have this design thats been stuck in my head for a while now."

Niobaran
2018-09-06, 02:26 AM
Jara

Upon hearing all the specifics, Jara starts to think that this could indeed prove useful some day, even if she usually has no issues with sight.

"Sounds great, Molos. Do you maybe have an idea? I imagine I am not the most creative person." While she sounds (and actually is) honest, it stands in somewhat clear contrast to tattoos that could be seen should one have observed her while having less than the normal amount of clothing on.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-06, 11:37 AM
Molos almost seems taken aback by Jara's words. Wow....no one has ever asked for my opinion before....."Ah...Um...Sure! I think I have a good symbol in mind....OH! But first allow me to do Aritian, his will be slightly more difficult to do." Molos nervously steps toward Aritian and gently places his hand on Aritian's shoulder. "Fos...." Suddenly, Molos's veins shed a golden light, highlighting his body in a freakish display. His eyes seem to glow as the veins in them shine as well. Soon after, Aritian's entire body seems to glow softly as well. "Now Aritian.......focus on the glow surrounding you. Picture the symbol in your mind, and place it somewhere on your body....someplace you can easily display it if you desired......Schédio...."

[roll0]
The Fluff going on is not how it normally would happen mechanically. It is being done this way purely for fluff reasons. Do not think if a glow is placed on your character, that character has say in what it looks like.

Niobaran
2018-09-07, 01:44 AM
Jara waits patiently and observes the process on others.

Sarven
2018-09-07, 02:26 PM
Molos almost seems taken aback by Jara's words. Wow....no one has ever asked for my opinion before....."Ah...Um...Sure! I think I have a good symbol in mind....OH! But first allow me to do Aritian, his will be slightly more difficult to do." Molos nervously steps toward Aritian and gently places his hand on Aritian's shoulder. "Fos...." Suddenly, Molos's veins shed a golden light, highlighting his body in a freakish display. His eyes seem to glow as the veins in them shine as well. Soon after, Aritian's entire body seems to glow softly as well. "Now Aritian.......focus on the glow surrounding you. Picture the symbol in your mind, and place it somewhere on your body....someplace you can easily display it if you desired......Schédio...."

[roll0]
The Fluff going on is not how it normally would happen mechanically. It is being done this way purely for fluff reasons. Do not think if a glow is placed on your character, that character has say in what it looks like.

Aritian focuses on the symbol and it appears. He experiments with it for a moment. Then says: "nice"

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-08, 10:10 AM
"Mónimos....there, you're all done Aritian.....who would like to go next?" The shining veins across Molos's body fades, turning his skin to his usual ashen grey.

Niobaran
2018-09-08, 10:13 AM
Jara steps forward.

"So, what do you have in mind?" she asks. It is clear that he may proceed.

To speed things up a bit, just go ahead and assume that she cooperates.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-08, 11:29 AM
"OH! Uh....I was thinking of giving you the symbol of Hamsa, the Legendary Warrior of Blackhold." Molos shyly takes the right hand of Jara, and turns her palm face up. "Fos...Schédio...Mónimos...about 1000 years ago, the Badlands were still part of the Wilderness. Horrific creatures and Evil spirits roamed these lands freely and unopposed by all but each other. But the worse of them all, was a being known as The Evil Eye. The Evil Eye sought to conquer the world, and was slowly building an army out of the beasts of the Wilderness. Just when he was at his pinnacle of power, Hamsa and his 4 allies appeared, and slowly began to defeat his hordes. The last battle took place in the area that would become Blackhold, and there, Hamsa fought the Evil Eye singlehandedly, while his comrades fought the Generals. With his bare hands, Hamsa was able to rip out his foe's source of power, his giant Eye. Crippled and on the verge of death, the Evil Eye was was able to flee, vowing revenge. Hamsa then laid the ground work for Blackhold, his descendants passing on the story today. No one knows what he did with the Eye, but some believe he sealed it within his right hand, to protect the world from its Evil." Molos steps back to allow Jara to inspect and test her new Light Tattoo. "'The Hand which Blocks the Eye of Evil' has since become a common ward in Blackhold, to protect against malicious spirits and bad luck."

What it looks like (https://www.google.com/search?q=hamsa+hand&client=ms-android-americamovil-us&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiws8WOhandAhWumuAKHQ6JCewQ_AUIDygB&cshid=1536328539253&biw=360&bih=518#imgrc=qLe6f_Laj31ubM:)

cecil1994
2018-09-08, 11:43 AM
Rosa's impressed. She sticks to her original plan- last thing she needs is more tattoos- but can't help but wish that the ink Molos is tracing on her had more significance. Her tattoos are wards, too, but the story behind them has long been lost. She has no idea what they mean.

Sarven
2018-09-08, 01:37 PM
Aritian is feeling anxious to move on. "Well, unless anyone else wants a tatoo I think we should get moveing."

MrSandman
2018-09-10, 05:19 AM
You enter the small trail and follow it for a while. After half a mile or so, it becomes slightly wider, wide enough for two people to walk side by side but not enough to fight (some 7 or 8 feet wide). The underbrush on the side is very thick all the way trough, and the boughs on top of the trail cover most of the sky. At points, the branches of the trees are so low and to entwined that it looks like a tunnel. As you walk, you often here the rustle of leaves, and are startled a couple of times by running animals.

After you've been on the trail for about an hour, Jara and Rosa tense all of a sudden. They've caught the scent of two giant bugs.

This means that a combat encounter starts. Only Jara and Rosa can act during the surprise round (so it will be Rosa, Spiders, Jara, and then back to Rosa for the first normal round). Rosa and Jara are aware that there are two giant bugs within 30 feet, but don't know exactly where (as per rules, you can take a move action to notice the direction of the scent). Here's the initiative order:

Rosa 25
Spiders 22
Jara 21
Linya 18
Molos 6
Aritian 4

Aritian's Perception check: [roll0]
Jara's Perception check: [roll1]
Linya's Perception check: [roll2]
Molos' Perception check: [roll3]
Rosa's Perception check: [roll4]

Spider 1 Stealth check: [roll5]
Spider 2 Stealth check: [roll6]

Initiative checks:
Aritian: [roll7]
Jara: [roll8]
Linya: [roll9]
Molos: [roll10]
Rosa: [roll11]
Spiders: [roll12]

cecil1994
2018-09-10, 07:22 AM
nevermind!

MrSandman
2018-09-10, 07:58 AM
Rosa heard a noise and turned to her left. Moving on the tree's branches, she sees a spider the size of a hunting hound coming towards the party. Right now it's about 30 feet away and 15 feet high.

cecil1994
2018-09-10, 08:06 AM
The tree rustles. Rosa has already fired.

Using one of her two Precise Strike charges (gives me Advantage, basically) Standard action shot:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

She turns, aiming at random branches. "Spiders! Two of them!"

MrSandman
2018-09-10, 08:34 AM
The arrow pierces the spider's body right below its head. The spider flinches for a moment. Then it looks at Rosa and throws a web at her. Rosa quickly stoops down and dodges it.
Aritian, on the other hand, is not so lucky. A second spider coming from the right (about 30 feet away, on the branches too) throws a web at him. The web hits and entangles him. (He can try to escape with an Escape Artist or Strength check).

Spider 1: [roll0]
Spider 2: [roll1]

Niobaran
2018-09-10, 08:43 AM
Jara

Flinching at the sight of the spiders, she reaches to her back to get her bow ready.

I do not assume her to run around with her bow in her hands, so, move action to draw weapon.

cecil1994
2018-09-10, 08:51 AM
Rosa sidesteps, nocks another arrow.

Uses her last charge on her first shot. First arrow at the injured one, second at the other.
Full Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

[roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

MrSandman
2018-09-10, 10:52 AM
The first arrow hits next to the second one and green liquid starts coming out from the spider's body. The other arrow hits one of the spider's eyes.

The first spider moves quickly toward Rosa. When it reaches her, tries to bite her, but Rosa quickly blocks the attack. The second spider also moves toward Rosa, but instead of getting withing arm's reach, it stays on a branch, about 10 feet above the ground. When it gets right above Rosa, it throws a web at her, which entangles her.

Spider 1 attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] ([roll2])

Spider 2 attack roll: [roll3]

Niobaran
2018-09-10, 11:24 AM
Jara

Jara knocks an arrow, takes quick aim at the spider still not in melee with any of her allies, and shoots. She then sniffs the air to make sure there are no other creatures approaching.

Standard action: Attack with Shortbow:
[roll0] for [roll1].
[roll2] for [roll3].

Move Action: Survival or perception? Dunno but both is +9.
[roll4]

MrSandman
2018-09-10, 11:40 AM
The spider writhes and falls dead on the ground.

As far as Jara can tell, there aren't anymore creatures around.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-11, 05:31 AM
Surprised by the sudden attack, Molos quickly focuses on the spider in the distance. His veins quickly shine gold as he whispers "Fotizómeno fos fotizómenou choroú". Suddenly a bright light appears in front of the spider, its beams focused into a cone that shines directly at it. "Shine only on the spider." Molos commands it.

Cast Dancing Light, Illuminate, and Searing Light.
All creatures in the area of Light take 3 Fire damage every round

Sarven
2018-09-11, 06:38 AM
Aritian is going to try and get out of the web.

[roll0]

MrSandman
2018-09-11, 07:15 AM
Linya draws her sling and shoots a bullet at the spider. Unfortunately, she misses.
The spider writhes a bit because of the light but does not fall dead yet.

Linya's sling attack: [roll0] ([roll1]
(Critical stuff: [roll2] ([roll3])

cecil1994
2018-09-11, 10:16 AM
Rosa backpedals, levels her bow. It's not very graceful- she's halfway to immobilized- but she's gonna kill this thing.

5ft step away from the spider, cumulative -4 on both attacks

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

MrSandman
2018-09-11, 10:19 AM
The arrows pierce the spider's head to such depth that their heads (the arrows') pop outside on the other end of the spider's head. If falls on the ground with a spasm, and stops moving.

cecil1994
2018-09-11, 10:23 AM
"Anyone hurt?" Rosa pulls a knife and begins to un-web her possessions.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-11, 10:38 AM
Molos exhaled, his Dancing Light flickering out at the same time as his veins. "I'm fine....."

Kallimakus
2018-09-11, 11:45 AM
"I'm fine. Linya says. "I've never seen a spider that big up close. Are they common in these parts? she asks, leaning down to inspect one of the bodies, careful not to actually touch the thing.

cecil1994
2018-09-11, 11:50 AM
Are they?

Knowledge: Nature [roll0]

MrSandman
2018-09-11, 12:43 PM
Are they?

Knowledge: Nature [roll0]

Now that you look at it closely and think about it, they are perfectly normal for this kind of forest. In fact, other dangerous creatures and plants tend to live in this sort of forest, and it isn't uncommon to find fairies in them either.
What is a bit odd, however, is to find this sort of forest so far north.

cecil1994
2018-09-11, 01:10 PM
"I'm fine. Linya says. "I've never seen a spider that big up close. Are they common in these parts? she asks, leaning down to inspect one of the bodies, careful not to actually touch the thing.

"Sorta? They're forest-dwellers, but they aren't usually found this far north. I'm glad to see them. They taste nice."

Rosa's knifework has moved on. The spider closest to her is, slowly and surely, filleted.

Survival Check: [roll0]. If the poison gland will stay fresh, she'll take that as well.

MrSandman
2018-09-12, 05:49 AM
The poison will be usable for a week or so.

MrSandman
2018-09-13, 04:58 AM
When Rosa finishes filleting the spiders' meat and harvesting their poison, it is almost nightfall. You don't find anymore trouble while walking the trail, and after half an hour or so, you come out to a clearing. There is a small slope leading to the middle of the clearing, which creates a nice, small high ground. If you're going to camp in this forest, this seems as good a spot as you're likely to find.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-13, 09:57 AM
"I think we should break here for the...........night......." Molos shudders at the word. "It wouldn't be a good idea for us to continue without you all getting some rest first...."

Sarven
2018-09-13, 12:12 PM
"I think we should break here for the...........night......." Molos shudders at the word. "It wouldn't be a good idea for us to continue without you all getting some rest first...."

Aritian nods. ¨I agree.¨

cecil1994
2018-09-13, 07:41 PM
"Yup."

Rosa begins toasting the spider meat.

MrSandman
2018-09-14, 09:24 AM
The spiders' meat saves you rations for two days. In addition, Rosa has collected [roll0] doses of spider poison.

You make camp and spend a peaceful night. None of the watches notices anything, but in the morning, with sunlight, it is obvious that somebody has been in the camp. Leaves and branches have been moved and there are a couple of small, humanoid footprints on mud. Moreover, Aritian's possessions have obviously been registered. Upon looking through his bag, Aritian finds that only the amulet that he got from the woman at The World's End is missing. Everything else is intact. Instead of the amulet, there is a small turquoise and a note tied to it. The note is written in common with pretty handwriting and reads as follows:

I beg your pardon for using you to bring back my amulet. I wish I could have done it differently, but I saw no other way. I apologise for rummaging around your belongings as well. That was very unladylike of me. I hope that this gem will somehow alleviate my intrusion upon your life.

Sarven
2018-09-14, 11:59 AM
Aritian examines the turquoise. Then turns to the party "How did she get in here? Did anyone see her?"

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-14, 12:56 PM
Molos stares wide eyed at the gem. "I-I-I didn't, and I was alert the entire time. Umm....do you think I could...look at it....for a moment?"

To see what the gem could be worth and if there is anything inherently magical about it
Appraise: [roll0]
Knowledge: Arcana [roll1]

MrSandman
2018-09-14, 02:32 PM
You think that the turquoise must be worth at least 25 gp. There isn't anything magical about it.

Sarven
2018-09-14, 02:36 PM
"Nevermind all that.Can we track them?"

cecil1994
2018-09-14, 02:51 PM
The note is polite enough. That someone got close enough to leave it is... unnerving.

(rosa is going to do her best to see What's Up. survival check- any weird scents? trails? smell the turquoise [roll0]. perception check- [roll1].)

MrSandman
2018-09-14, 02:55 PM
The turquoise has a fragrance that you've never smelled before. It is definitely the smell of a female creature. Something that resembles rosemary and tree roots. For those who enjoy nature, it's a lovely smell. Although you've never smelled it before, you're pretty sure you could recognise it if you found it again.
If you bother to smell the footprints in the mud, they smell exactly the same.
And that roll is high enough to follow the scent trail if you wish to do so.

cecil1994
2018-09-14, 03:15 PM
"She smells Fey, or druidic, or at least well-perfumed. I can track her if we want." Rosa returns the turquoise. "Not that I think we should. "

She's calmed down. If she can track them, then, well, she's not completely outclassed.

Sarven
2018-09-16, 11:12 AM
"She smells Fey, or druidic, or at least well-perfumed. I can track her if we want." Rosa returns the turquoise. "Not that I think we should. "

She's calmed down. If she can track them, then, well, she's not completely outclassed.

Aritian nods "I think we should just let it go. It appears they can move stealthily and the scent might abruptly vanish up ahead it might be a waste of time." Aritian then reconsiders. "Then again, that amulet may be magic and therefore dangerous in the wrong hands. I am willing to track her or move on."

Niobaran
2018-09-18, 02:41 AM
Rosa

The half-orc lady is clearly not happy with the intruder's actions. But still...

"I think it is more important to move on to Blackhold. After all, the people there definitely need our help, and for me this is more important than trying to catch this mysterious thief."

MrSandman
2018-09-18, 09:19 AM
You eat breakfast and pack everything up again. It isn't until late in the afternoon that you finally get out of that forest. The new scenery is a huge meadow with small groves of trees scattered all over the landscape. You travel for the next two days without any major incidents occurring. You notice that, all of a sudden, there's a lot less daylight than you're used to. The sun rises late and sets early, so most of your travel is in dim light. Finally, around noon on your seventh day of travel you start to see farmlands again.

Chapter 2: The Village of Blackhold

Around mid-afternoon, shortly after sunset, the forest road bends slightly, and the main gate of the village comes into view. The gate is approximately 10 feet high and 8 wide, barely enough for a wagon to pass through. It is crudely made of hewn logs lashed together with what appeared to be leather cord. A stone wall made of flagstones and daub-and-wattle cement extends on either side of the main gate, rising approximately 7 feet high. A heavy iron chain hangs across the gate mouth approximately 4 feet from the ground. Standing on either side of the gate mouth are two grizzled gatekeepers. They are very threadbare in appearance, as though their duties and accoutrements were hastily assembled, and they give off an air of nervousness. The two gatekeepers are holding lit lanterns, and there are also torches mounted on each of the gateposts.

cecil1994
2018-09-18, 02:07 PM
Rosa waves at the guards. "We're here on behalf of Lord Liam. Can you direct us?"

Perception check. She does not like the look of this. [roll0]

MrSandman
2018-09-18, 02:36 PM
The guards look suspiciously at the party. They're obviously nervous.
And what might your business with Lord Liam be? one of them asks.

There's nothing around that you recognise as a threat (other than the gatekeepers' swords and spears).

cecil1994
2018-09-18, 02:49 PM
The guards look suspiciously at the party. They're obviously nervous.
And what might your business with Lord Liam be? one of them asks.

There's nothing around that you recognise as a threat (other than the gatekeepers' swords and spears).

"He's put out a request for help. We're adventurers. We're very good at help."

MrSandman
2018-09-18, 03:06 PM
A request for help? the gatekeeper continues his interrogation, how did you come across it?

I don't think this was decided at character creation, feel free to retroactively decide whichever way you came to know about it.

cecil1994
2018-09-18, 03:09 PM
A request for help? the gatekeeper continues his interrogation, how did you come across it?

I don't think this was decided at character creation, feel free to retroactively decide whichever way you came to know about it.

"I've done work for Lady Martha. She passed along the information."

MrSandman
2018-09-18, 03:14 PM
The two guards instantly relax. I see, the speaking one respons, with a clear note of relief in his voice. Welcome, be very welcome to Blackhold. We'll send word to Lord Liam presently. He shall meet you at The Sign of the Vigilant Dover, you needn't look no further than the town square. It's right there.
Both gatekeepers step aside to let you in.

cecil1994
2018-09-18, 03:20 PM
Assuming everyone's down, Rosa heads toward the inn in question. She's hoping to get free lodging out of the deal. She's also gonna scan the neighborhood, of course.

Niobaran
2018-09-20, 06:20 AM
Jara

The other half-orc woman is definitely down for going inside the palisades and finding a good place to stay, and finally meeting their client.

On her way in, she smiles at the guards, and asks them friendly: "Thank you. Is there anything an outsider like me should know about, you know, special customs or so? Never been to this part of the land, we're here to help, and I don't want to step any toes..."

Maybe a diplomacy roll? [roll0]

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-20, 10:38 AM
As they approached Blackhold, Molos looked ahead to see who was guarding the gates today. Though hard to tell from under their helmets, Molos is pretty sure it is the brothers, Isaac and Newton. With a sigh of relief, Molos allows the others to move ahead of him slightly. Good....it's those two. Newton and Isaac are a couple of the nicer ones. The last thing I need is Callum around, he might convince everyone I'm the cause of the disappearances....

Sarven
2018-09-21, 06:48 AM
Aritian looks around and has no idea who any of these people are

MrSandman
2018-09-22, 04:04 AM
The guard that hadn't spoken yet looks at Jara. Aye, but I don't think you should be too worried, he answers, as he looks disgusted at Molos. As long as you don't go about casting bright light in people's eyes, you'll be fine.

After entering through the main gate, you step onto the village’s modest main square. Paved with large flagstones with glow-moss growing between the many cracks, this is a quintessential small town square (or circle, more accurately). It is approximately 60 feet across. In the centre of the square is a tall, stone monument approximately 15 feet high and taking the form of a plinth topped by a representation of a dragon-like creature. There is carved writing on the base of the monument. Several benches are set about the square in a seemingly random way, and large planter pots of glow-ivy are set at the corners of the square and in a circular formation at the base of the monument; here the ivy appears to be growing up a branch of white wood. As a result, the square is relatively well-lit, and in addition, several of the shop fronts that look onto the square have burning torches mounted. The entirety of the town square is fronted by shops and inns and taverns, all of them two storeys high, although none of these establishments appears to be enjoying great custom at the moment. From this vantage point, you can see twelve doorways, most of which have signs hanging above them. The square appears deserted, but sounds can be heard from inside some of the far buildings.

The liveliest building of the square is the inn where the gatekeeper directed you, The Sign of the Vigilant Dover. Light is pouring from all its windows. Above the door is a sign depicting a dover's head with exaggeratedly big eyes. Even from your position outside, you can hear the noise of people talking and drinking.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-22, 05:35 AM
Molos tries to make himself seem smaller, his face turning a darker shade of grey at the guard's words. He says nothing but moves on to the square with everyone else.

Lore: Blackhold Stories [roll0] to recall information and tales about the statue

Niobaran
2018-09-22, 05:43 AM
Jara

"In fact." Jara mentions to the guard with a sweet smile. "Such light has just helped saving our hides against monstrous spiders." She shrugs and turns, giving the intimidated Molos a wink of an eye.

When they arrive at the market square, Jara is actually somewhat taken away by the sight. Of course, she had seen a lot (and quite possibly also such) arrangements in the capital, but she had still not expected such a sight in a place, ominously called Blackhold. Then, her sore feet remind her of the comfort of a nice inn, and she nods towards the sign. "That must be it, eh? Hope the lord also pays us for a bathe. I could most certainly use one."

MrSandman
2018-09-22, 06:58 AM
It was erected a decade or so ago to commemorate the deaths of the previous sheriff and some other townsfolk in skirmishes against monsters. The dragon-creature represents a tusked wyvern, which is the town's coat of arms.

Sarven
2018-09-22, 07:48 AM
Aritian nods. "An inn sounds wonderful. Although I have a quick question: pardon my intrusion but I noiciced that the guards were hostile to you and now youre trying to hide. I'm just a little curious about that."

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-22, 12:05 PM
Molos blushes deeper at Jara's words, his face turning almost black with embarrassment. He quickly tries move everyone forward before anything else is said. "Uh...uh...uh....W-we sh-sh-should hurray, L-lord L-liam is w-waiting for u-us."

As they enter the square, Molos mutters under his breath softly as he subtly moves his right hand in intricate patterns. When Aritian addresses him, he seems shocked, almost as if he is just realizing Aritian was there. "OH! Umm...don't worry about that.......that was.....actually, A lot nicer greeting than I'm used to......most people......when they deign to acknowledge my presence, aren't usually so.......subtle.....in their comments...." Molos tries to end the conversation there.

Sarven
2018-09-22, 01:20 PM
Molos blushes deeper at Jara's words, his face turning almost black with embarrassment. He quickly tries move everyone forward before anything else is said. "Uh...uh...uh....W-we sh-sh-should hurray, L-lord L-liam is w-waiting for u-us."

As they enter the square, Molos mutters under his breath softly as he subtly moves his right hand in intricate patterns. When Aritian addresses him, he seems shocked, almost as if he is just realizing Aritian was there. "OH! Umm...don't worry about that.......that was.....actually, A lot nicer greeting than I'm used to......most people......when they deign to acknowledge my presence, aren't usually so.......subtle.....in their comments...." Molos tries to end the conversation there.

"That's okay. I understand. I've been..." Aritian trails off and looks confused. "I thought I remembered...
No. It's gone now."

MrSandman
2018-09-24, 11:07 AM
I imagine, then, that you all enter the inn.

The interior of the inn is a large, sparsely-furnished room. The floorboards are worn and covered in a light film of dirt. There are three long tables set up to your right, able to seat approximately 10 patrons each. There is a large stone fireplace set into the right hand wall, and a couple of large stuffed chairs are placed before the fire, which is roaring, making the entire room seem a bit stifling. One chair is occupied by a dozing middle-aged man. The other is occupied by a younger man clad in mail and wearing a sword.

On the left-hand side of the door are four small, square tables, each with an incomplete set of chairs. A pair of women sits drinking ale at one table. There is a threadbare rug before the door. A long bar stands ahead of your group, and a large, burly man with pronounced whiskers stands behind it, spitting onto a filthy rag and polishing glassware and cutlery. Inspection of the room indicates it is approximately 60 feet by 30 feet. There is a hanging rack for coats and such mounted on the wall on the left-hand side of the door. Beyond the coat rack, a set of wooden stairs leads upwards, presumably to the inn’s rooms for rent. A series of glow-lamps hangs from the rafters, which are approximately 10 feet high. On each long table are several lit candles; on the small square tables are bowls of freshly-picked glow-ivy leaves, floating in water. These, coupled with the fire and the candles, give the room a sickly, orange-greenish light. The walls are bare, but for a mounted and stuffed were-elk head, beneath which is a small brass plaque affixed to the stone of the fireplace. The room has two large windows which look out onto the square. Several kegs are stacked in the far corner behind the bar. Assorted other patrons, mostly human, are seated at the long tables, engaging in conversations and eating.

The man dozing by the fire is Lord Liam. The other one is Calum.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-25, 07:10 PM
Molos notices Lord Liam, and begins to bring the group over at first. Very quickly though, he sees Callum, and immediately freezes in place. Every muscle in his body is screaming at him to just turn around and leave the tavern, but Molos knows that if he does, he won't be able to go with the search party to find his Mother and the Others. Very nervously, Molos approaches the two gentlemen sitting by the fireplace(hopefully with the entire group right behind him) "L-L-L-Lord L-L-L-Liam.........I-I-I-I-I would like.....I-I-I-I-I mean W-W-We w-w-w-would l-l-l-like to speak with y-y-y-you p-p-p-p-please." Molos bows his head as he speaks, half out of respect for the Noble, half because of his terror at Callum

MrSandman
2018-09-26, 06:46 AM
Lord Liam wakes up with a start. What? Who? Where? Ah... Then he mutters to himself, uh, there goes a good first impression. And finally addresses the party, Be very welcome to Blackhold, milords and miladies. I've received word that you've just arrived in town. We're all very thankful that you would agree to help us. Indeed. Callum, why don't you bring some seats for our guests? Thank you very much.

Callum fetches some seats and concludes his task when four more chairs have been placed by the hearth. Seats for our noble guests, he says politely.

Lord Liam continues, apparently oblivious to the fact that Callum has brought only four chairs, Oh, where are my manners? I am Liam, lord of this area. This here is Callum, recently elected sheriff after... well, after, um... May I interest you on a drink?

Sarven
2018-09-27, 06:22 AM
Lord Liam wakes up with a start. What? Who? Where? Ah... Then he mutters to himself, uh, there goes a good first impression. And finally addresses the party, Be very welcome to Blackhold, milords and miladies. I've received word that you've just arrived in town. We're all very thankful that you would agree to help us. Indeed. Callum, why don't you bring some seats for our guests? Thank you very much.

Callum fetches some seats and concludes his task when four more chairs have been placed by the hearth. Seats for our noble guests, he says politely.

Lord Liam continues, apparently oblivious to the fact that Callum has brought only four chairs, Oh, where are my manners? I am Liam, lord of this area. This here is Callum, recently elected sheriff after... well, after, um... May I interest you on a drink?

Aritian bows his head and says: "Pardon my rudeness milord but I belive your sherif miscounted We are one chair short."

MrSandman
2018-09-27, 09:19 AM
Lord Liam looks at Aritian for a moment, obviously confused. Then he looks at Molos, then back to Aritian and says, Oh, oh... Monty is... er... no? He stops for a moment, breathes in, and continues, You mustn't mind this little misunderstanding. In this place we aren't, eh, accustomed to keeping such things in our... company. Now Callum, why don't you fetch little Monty a chair?

Callum quickly obliges with a fake smile. Soon another chair is brought.

Now, where was I? Lord Liam continues, Oh, yes, you won't have had your tea, I presume. Why don't we have a morsel while we talk about this horrible business?

ChaoticHarmony
2018-09-28, 09:57 AM
"It's....ummm....M-Molos, My Lord......." Molos looks at the chair Callum brought, hesitating a moment to inspect it. While he would never confront Callum about it, Molos would rather be aware of any.....surprises.

Perception check: [roll0]
To see if there is anything wrong with the chair.

MrSandman
2018-09-28, 03:49 PM
The chair seems absolutely fine. When Molos sits, it feels sturdy enough to bare with his weight.

After a short while, the bartender brings some food and reasonably good wine and ale. Callum starts eating and drinking, but Lord Liam takes but a cup of wine.

Well, the situation is grave, he says after sipping his wine. Our people, especially young ones, keep disappearing. How many have gone missing, Callum?

Twenty-seven so far, my liege.

Twenty-seven souls, Lord Liam repeats, and we've no idea what has happened to them. Callum here is devoting all his efforts to the matter, but has so far been fruitless. We can just sit without taking action on the matter, so we decided to call for help.

MrSandman
2018-10-09, 09:07 AM
As the night progresses, it becomes increasingly clear that Lord Liam is a troubled man. At times he stopped mid-sentence and forgets what he was saying, sometimes he doesn't understand a question, or even realise one has been asked, and he keeps going back to the number of folk who have already disappeared and how unfortunate that is.

From the conversation, you gather that twenty-seven folk have disappeared leaving no traces behind them. There is nothing that connects them, other than the fact that most of them are young. There are no surviving witnesses to their disappearances. Some ghastly noise has been heard at random times outside the village for the past few weeks. Lord Liam clearly says that they are frightful.

He also keeps going back to an old folk tale about a curse that an evil sorcerer placed on the townsfolk long, long ago, which summons evil spirits that spread fear and discord in times of plenty. But when asked for more detail about it, he quickly dismisses it as old-wives' tales. But he adds that Blackhold has been particularly prosperous in recent years. In his and others' opinion, this is owed to an ancient artefact that guards its owner against evil, which he bought from a wandering trader and is hidden in his office.

Sarven
2018-10-09, 10:36 AM
As the night progresses, it becomes increasingly clear that Lord Liam is a troubled man. At times he stopped mid-sentence and forgets what he was saying, sometimes he doesn't understand a question, or even realise one has been asked, and he keeps going back to the number of folk who have already disappeared and how unfortunate that is.

From the conversation, you gather that twenty-seven folk have disappeared leaving no traces behind them. There is nothing that connects them, other than the fact that most of them are young. There are no surviving witnesses to their disappearances. Some ghastly noise has been heard at random times outside the village for the past few weeks. Lord Liam clearly says that they are frightful.

He also keeps going back to an old folk tale about a curse that an evil sorcerer placed on the townsfolk long, long ago, which summons evil spirits that spread fear and discord in times of plenty. But when asked for more detail about it, he quickly dismisses it as old-wives' tales. But he adds that Blackhold has been particularly prosperous in recent years. In his and others' opinion, this is owed to an ancient artefact that guards its owner against evil, which he bought from a wandering trader and is hidden in his office.

"This protective artifact. Would it be posible if I took a look at it?"

MrSandman
2018-10-09, 12:36 PM
Lord Liam answers, Certainly, certainly. Come to the manor tomorrow morning. Then he blushes a bit and adds, But it's probably not worth your trouble. It's just some nonsense, you know? But it can't hurt, can it? So I just keep it for... sentimental reasons.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-10-09, 09:27 PM
Molos tries to focus on what Lord Liam is saying, but his attention keeps returning to Callum. He keeps waiting for him to speak, to accuse him of being the cause of the disappearances, or at least demand he stay so he 'doesn't cause mischief for the adventurers. As time goes on however, Molos begins to wonder Maybe he WANTS me to go. He probably expects us all to die or disappear like the others! Molos gets so wrapped up in his thoughts, he almost misses the part about the merchant and the token to ward off evil. "P-Pardon me my Lord. You.....You bought a token? T-t-that is suppose to bring prosperity?" The fear on his face is obvious to all.

Rolling Know: Arcana to see if I know of any magical creatures who makes deals in disguise[roll0]
Rolling Lore: Blackhold Stories to see if I heard of something like this happening in Blackhold before [roll1]

MrSandman
2018-10-10, 10:41 AM
Lord Liam looks at Molos and answers, Why, yes Monty, of course. I mean... Well, it's just a superstitious trinket. Nothing of importance really.

Arcana: You know of some stories about evil fey disguising themselves to make deals with mortals; however, in such cases bad consequences from the deal are a lot quicker to appear than a few years.
Lore: As far as you know, nothing like this has happened before. There has always been the odd trouble with creatures from the wilderness, but people disappearing without a trace is unheard of.

At that point, Callum rises, as in surprise, and says, Wait, what's that? No sooner does he finish uttering his question than you hear the sound of breaking glass and a loud scream coming from outside. Then you hear the clinging of metal, fight noises, and an explosion.

Some of the people in the inn hastily hide under the tables or run looking for cover. Others go to the windows to see what is going on. Outside, you see smoke and fire pouring from several buildings on the square. It isn't hard to identify a manor among them. A flutter of townsfolk are scurrying to and fro, yelling for help. Three humanoid figures clad in black are also running to and fro, killing the townsfolk with scimitars. Other black-clad humanoids emerge from the manor and meet up with their companions by the monument.

Sarven
2018-10-10, 11:29 AM
Lord Liam looks at Molos and answers, Why, yes Monty, of course. I mean... Well, it's just a superstitious trinket. Nothing of importance really.

Arcana: You know of some stories about evil fey disguising themselves to make deals with mortals; however, in such cases bad consequences from the deal are a lot quicker to appear than a few years.
Lore: As far as you know, nothing like this has happened before. There has always been the odd trouble with creatures from the wilderness, but people disappearing without a trace is unheard of.

At that point, Callum rises, as in surprise, and says, Wait, what's that? No sooner does he finish uttering his question than you hear the sound of breaking glass and a loud scream coming from outside. Then you hear the clinging of metal, fight noises, and an explosion.

Some of the people in the inn hastily hide under the tables or run looking for cover. Others go to the windows to see what is going on. Outside, you see smoke and fire pouring from several buildings on the square. It isn't hard to identify a manor among them. A flutter of townsfolk are scurrying to and fro, yelling for help. Three humanoid figures clad in black are also running to and fro, killing the townsfolk with scimitars. Other black-clad humanoids emerge from the manor and meet up with their companions by the monument.

Aritian draws his greataxe and moves as fast as he can to the door. "Don't just stand there. We need to stop them." he shouts over his shoulder.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-10-11, 06:10 AM
When the commotion first began, Molos's first instinct was to duck and cover like the rest of the patrons. But when Aritian charged toward the door, fearless to this danger, Molos knew he had to follow. With only minor hesitation after Aritian's call, Molos runs forth and prepares to face these vandals.

MrSandman
2018-10-11, 11:54 AM
As you head out of the inn, you see that the guys in black are starting to regroup and head towards the town's exit, though some of them are still chasing townsfolk. The chaos doesn't allow you to properly count their number, but there's at least six of them. There's a few corpses on the ground. Callum quickly runs to protect and help evacuate the people.

Party's Initiative: [roll0] (Aritian +1, Jara +4, Molos +5, avg +3.33)
Bad Guys' Initiative: [roll1]

You gain the initiative, but since the guys in black are aware of their surroundings, there's no surprise round.

Niobaran
2018-10-11, 03:27 PM
Jara

Hearing the noises makes Jara drop the parchment on which she had taken the notes. Without hesitation, she scoots out of the tavern, shouting a short "Surround and catch one, subdue if you can! we need info!", drawing her daggers on the way. It is times like these she regrets not having taken two batons with her, letting her subdue her enemy easily. When out, Jara tries to run a small half loop around one of the black-garbed attackers, trying to get onto his other side.

Running...

ChaoticHarmony
2018-10-11, 07:03 PM
"Fotistikó Fos....."Molos quickly begins to cast, the veins in his body quickly glowing gold as he focuses his energies. Dozens of tiny blips of light form a few feet in front of the furthest enemy, almost seeming to cut them off from their exit. "Tyflós!" The tiny sparks suddenly join together into a single burst of dazzling bright light, seeming to blast all the black robed marquees within its illumination.

Cast Illuminate Blinding Dancing Light(1 Spell point) 15 in front of the group of black robed figures.
All creatures within a 75 ft cone(aiming towards the group) must succeed a Fort save or be blinded for 1 round. They must make this roll every round they are in the Light. All creatures in the Light are Dazzled, regardless of success.

MrSandman
2018-10-14, 08:10 AM
The figures in black cover their eyes as a reflex when Molos' light falls on them. A couple of them grope their surroundings and move slowly, obviously blinded by the light. The other six who were in the are, however, don't appear to be greatly impeded by the light. These six scramble out of the area as quickly as they can with their weapons at the ready. The three who are closer to the town's gate start running towards it, while the others back away slowly towards towards the gate, but keeping their eyes on you with their weapons ready to defend themselves.

The five figures who are closest to you are scattered around the light area, all of them between 30 and 60 feet away from Jara and Aritian. The two who remain in the light area are about 45 feet away. The three who made a run for the gate are about 160 feet away.

Fort save: [roll0]
Fort save: [roll1]
Fort save: [roll2]
Fort save: [roll3]
Fort save: [roll4]
Fort save: [roll5]
Fort save: [roll6]
Fort save: [roll7]

Sarven
2018-10-14, 12:00 PM
The figures in black cover their eyes as a reflex when Molos' light falls on them. A couple of them grope their surroundings and move slowly, obviously blinded by the light. The other six who were in the are, however, don't appear to be greatly impeded by the light. These six scramble out of the area as quickly as they can with their weapons at the ready. The three who are closer to the town's gate start running towards it, while the others back away slowly towards towards the gate, but keeping their eyes on you with their weapons ready to defend themselves.

The five figures who are closest to you are scattered around the light area, all of them between 30 and 60 feet away from Jara and Aritian. The two who remain in the light area are about 45 feet away. The three who made a run for the gate are about 160 feet away.

Fort save: [roll1]
Fort save: [roll2]
Fort save: [roll3]
Fort save: [roll4]
Fort save: [roll5]
Fort save: [roll6]
Fort save: [roll7]

Aritian lifts his greataxe and charges the nearest enemy Charging:
Attack roll: [roll]1d20+
Crit confirmation: [roll1]
Normal Damage: [roll2]
Crit damage: [roll0]

Sarven
2018-10-14, 12:42 PM
Attack roll[roll0]
Crit-confirmation:[roll1]
Normal damage: [roll2]

MrSandman
2018-10-16, 12:50 PM
The figure in black tries to parry Aritian's mighty strike. Although his opponent isn't particularly skillful, his scale armour brushes off the blow.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-10-16, 01:39 PM
Molos sends a mental command to the Blinding Light, ordering it to engulf the enemy Aritian faces, while leaving his ally out of its range. The Light complies, moving to hover near the for, its beam aiming downward, as though flashing a spotlight on the villain.

While maintaining his focus on the first beam of Light, Molos begins casting a new spell. "Chorévontas fotismós!" A new ball of light appears behind the few black robed foes the slowly retreat backwards. Soon they feel a blazing heat cover their body, searing their flesh despite the cover their robes provide.

Blinding Light moves toward 1 Black figured robe, hovering 30 ft in the air. It stops 30 ft away, and aims downward, catching the figure in its Light, but nor Aritian, who fights the figure.

Easy Focus, Maintains Blinding Light as a Move Action

Casts Dancing Searing Light 15 ft behind the figures moving backwards(the closer ones, not the ones 160 ft away) All creatures within 35 ft of it take 3 Fire damage every round

MrSandman
2018-10-17, 11:36 AM
Aritian's opponent, although dazzled, is obviously not blinded by the light. The two figures who had previously been blinded, as well as two others on whom the light falls again, become blinded.

Aritian's opponent: [roll0]
Two previously blinded guys:
[roll1]
[roll2]
Other affected guys:
[roll3]
[roll4]

Niobaran
2018-10-17, 02:49 PM
Jara

With all the light and the blinding and the way too many enemies, Jara decides that it is best if they can just scare them away, and maybe even take a few of them down. In the best case, they could even catch one alive. Dropping her daggers, she draws her bow while hastening a bit towards some of the blinded figures. Once in reasonable distance to get a better look at them, she aims and lets loose an arrow, hoping to hit where it hurt most.

Free action: Drop daggers :(
Move action: Move towards some blinded, trying to get into 30ft reach.
Standard action: Fire bow. [roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2].
In curse of nat 20: [roll3] for [roll4] extra damage (crit multiplier is x3).

MrSandman
2018-10-18, 04:18 AM
Aritian's opponent swings at him. It isn't a powerful blow, but it is enough to scratch him (3 points of slashing damage). Then, he takes a step backward (5-foot step), so that if Aritian wants to attack him again, he will have to enter the area of blinding light.

The other attackers scramble around, moving in the general direction of the town gate. They are so scattered now that Molos will only be able to shed light on up to two of them at once. They are all still within charge distance.

As for the three attackers that were furthest away, they keep running toward the gate and disappear in the cloak of the night.

Aritian's opponent: [roll0] for [roll1] slashing damage
(Crit confirmation: [roll2] for another [roll3] slashing damage)

ChaoticHarmony
2018-10-20, 12:42 PM
"It isn't working the way I want...." Molos says quietly. With a thought, he lets his concentration drop on the Searing ball of Light. "Fotistikó Fotistikó Fotismoú......Fotiá!" A new ball if Light, much smaller than the others, appears high above the ground between the escaping marquees and the gate. Suddenly, what appears to be a wall of Flame erupts from the earth, effectively cutting off their escape route.

Molos maintains concentration on the Blinding Light(Move Action)
Molos stops concentrating on the Searing Light(Free Action?)
Molos casts Illuminating Searing Dancing Light, uses 1 sp to keep without concentration(Standard Action)
Molos uses Style to make the Illuminating Searing Dancing Light appear to be a wall of Flame(part of Standard Action)

Blinding Light readies a Move Action to move with Aritian's Opponent(Keep Opponent in the Light, while keep allies out)
Searing Dancing Light disappears
Illuminating Searing Dancing Light appears 75 ft above and 60 ft away from the furthest Mauraders who have not yet escaped.
Illuminating Searing Dancing Light shines 75 ft cone down towards the ground.

Sarven
2018-10-30, 08:14 PM
He hefts his great axe, moves toward the nearest opponent and strikes.

attack roll: [roll0]
Crit confirmation [roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

MrSandman
2018-10-31, 06:12 AM
Aritian's opponent quickly parries the blow with his scimitar, feigns an attack to throw Aritian off, and backs 40 feet away.
One other guy who was in the blinding light stumbles away, moving slowly toward the general direction of the door. He is 70 feet away from Aritian.
The other three guys keep running and cross the searing light. They are 150 feet away from Aritian and 20 feet away from the light.

Fort saves
Aritian: [roll0]
Aritian's opponent: [roll1]
Other guy:[roll2]

ChaoticHarmony
2018-11-02, 05:18 AM
Molos cries out in frustration. None of his spells seem to even slow down the warriors they fight. If only he could think of a way to entangle the opponent Aritian fights.......suddenly, the words to such a spell seem to come to mind. A small smile comes across his ashen face, as he moves toward the clashing pair, keeping his distance, but making sure the black garbed marauder is in range.

Free action: Pay 1 sp to maintain the Blinding Light without concentration
Standard action: Use 1 Spirit to gain the Binding Light magic talent for 1 minute
Move action: Move 30 ft towards Aritian

Blinding Light readies Move action: when Aritian moves or takes an action, it will move to make sure Aritian is not in the Blinding Light

Searing Light: follows the Other people, moving 20 ft towards the gate

Sarven
2018-11-08, 11:48 AM
Aritian suddenly becomes silent. He feels some sort of power rising up inside him, "Alright then, dodge this! " He says. He focuses his new found power and releases it as a burst of force energy. Almost knocking himself over in the process.

Takeing 5-foot step toward nearest opponent.
Destruction Sphere: 1 spell point to increase damage to 2d6 and 1 spell point to use force blast Attack roll (Against touch AC.):[roll0]
Crit confirmation:[roll1]
Normal damage: [roll2]

MrSandman
2018-11-09, 11:42 AM
The figure Aritian was fighting grunts and falls on the ground.
The guy that had been previously blinded, starts running awkwardly but fast toward the town's gate. He's about 150 feet away from Aritian now.
The remaining three guys stop for a moment when they see the wall of light in front of them and scatter through side streets. They are too far away for a pursuit to be feasible.

ChaoticHarmony
2018-11-14, 08:08 AM
Molos rushes toward Aritian and the fallen warrior, mentally commanding the Lights to follow the escaping marauder still in sight. He leans forward to check the condition of the body, to see if the black carved attacker is still alive.

Move 30 ft towards Aritian and fallen warrior. Heal check? [roll0]

Blinding Light moves 60 ft toward escaping enemy, redirecting its Illuminate to point towards him in a 75 ft cone.
Searing Light moves 60 ft towards escaping enemy, redirecting its Illuminate to point towards him in a 75 ft cone.