PDA

View Full Version : Good non-LMoP campaigns for new DMs

Protato
2018-08-25, 12:18 PM
A friend of mine wanted to start DMing after I finished my LMoP game, but since she'd have seen LMoP by then, I imagine she'd want to run with something else. Does anyone know of any good campaigns other than Lost Mines for new DMs to run? I'm open to both official and third-party suggestions. Also, by campaign, I don't mean a one-shot, I'd like something that can last a little bit. I recommended the Hidden Halls of Hazakar (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/244016/The-Hidden-Halls-of-Hazakor) to her, a book I have not read but have heard interesting things about, and the designer apparently has worked on other books before.

Ganymede
2018-08-25, 12:19 PM
Personally, I would wait and see if Dragon Heist is any good. It seems like it would be a perfect alternative to the Lost Mines.

Afrodactyl
2018-08-25, 12:33 PM
The Horror At Havels Cross (DMsGuild) is really good for new DMs, if a bit short. I would thoroughly recommend it as a way of dipping your toes into DMing.

Edited because I can't spell today.

th3g0dc0mp13x
2018-08-26, 02:32 AM
I'm liking tales from the yawning portal. I skipped the 1-3 adventure and dropped into forge of fury. One great thing is that because it's got distinct sections it's pretty easy to let people try new classes every few levels.

I'm also going through storm Kings thunder with a new DM and it's been great so far.