PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 20A 4E River City IC - Misson 0 Cut

Nautilust
2018-08-26, 08:15 PM
You each get an encrypted message at around 5:00 Pm. "Have a job offer for you. Come to -coordinates- in 40 mins. Ask the Cashier to see Mr. Johnson." The message is from "Tiresias" the stand in for your former fixer.

The encryption is a little hard to break, but doesn't take long to decrypt. The coordinates are for a lingerie store in the Upper East Side, Passion+

What are you doing at that time? Do you go? How do you prepare? Is there anything else you do? Be descriptive.

samduke
2018-08-27, 12:34 PM
What are you doing at that time? Do you go? How do you prepare? Is there anything else you do?
Looking down at the message on her commlink, then to her clock display noting she had roughly a 15-20 minute drive to get to this meet location. She starts packing the beast with pretty much everything not knowing much about what the job might need it was best to pack it all. loading each weapon so that it would be ready for use, fueling all the minions, loading up the minions each in its fast deployment rack. Hawkeye turns over the beast drives down to the local fueling station where she fills its enormous tank, before hitting the road, driving to the meet location.

Once there she looks of a nondescript location with some cover to park, on getting out and locking up, setting the anti-theft system to alert/stun mode. Then walks over towards the passion lingerie store looking over its exterior, wandering around to its rear then around the opposite side before finally ending up at the front door, making note of all the windows, doors that could be used for an escape should this turn into a trap.

Walking in the front door of the store she begins to look around and asks for the contact "Tiresias".

Nautilust
2018-08-27, 02:07 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about.

It doesn't take long to realize that, You were supposed to mention Mr. Johnson.

The woman is in her mid-thirties. She's Caucasian, probably of Swedish lineage. She is tall and pale, with black hair and blue eyes; she has a soft body, and an hourglass shape. She is wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

She's obviously just doing her job.

Ionbound
2018-08-27, 08:15 PM
Sentinel looks at the message and sighs, then shakes her head and puts on her coat. She decides that going armed to a meeting with a Johnson would be in rather poor taste, and opts to leave the guns at home, instead relying on her other skills to get her through any trouble that might come up.

Following the thirty-minute walk, Sarah wanders into the store, arriving five minutes early for the meeting, and waits for a moment to make sure there aren't any customers near before quietly asking the cashier, "I'm sorry, I'm looking for a Mr. Johnson?"

Nautilust
2018-08-27, 08:29 PM
"Yes. And you would be?"

She raises her hands and starts pulling something up on her commlink. She waves her left hand to the right a couple of times and then waves both hands in the opposite direction. Probably, moving a couple of screens out of the way and then enlarging the screen she's on. There's a scar going down the middle of her right hand, and it looks like it doesn't work as well as the left.

Ionbound
2018-08-28, 09:12 AM
Sentinel nods and replies, "He'd probably know me as Sentinel."

samduke
2018-08-28, 11:16 AM
noting the faux pas on the contact name and observing the interaction of Sentinel, yes I also have business with mr. johnson, Hawkeye is the name.

Nautilust
2018-08-28, 12:38 PM
She pokes at the air a couple of times and then looks at Bastion for a few seconds, then does the same to you Hawkeye. Then she pokes the air a few more times and nods, "Yes, that checks out."

She turns and points towards the back of the store, "There's an employees only door in the back there, go through it."

Eldest
2018-08-29, 12:06 AM
Smoke raises her eyebrow at the location meet. She'd shopped there before, but Passion+ wasn't precisely to her taste. No matter, it was business. She arrives a good 20 minutes early, browsing the shop until about 5 minutes before the meet.

I'm here to meet a Mr. Johnson. He would know me as Mademoiselle Smoke.

zfalconer
2018-08-29, 02:58 AM
Dragonbane is in the middle of a massive crossfire, where he seems to be the only one on his side. Just as he's about to pull the trigger on his final enemy, a notification pops up, startling him and giving the enemy just the advantage they needed to take him down.

Angry as hell with his death, Dragonbane tears the BTL connection from his datajack. He drains the rest of a jug in the fridge before calming down enough to realize that the notification was important.

With a clearly practiced alacrity and finesse, he puts on his "work uniform" and guns it to the meeting. He managed to walk in only one minute late, but he takes some time to flirt with the girl behind the register before asking for mr. Johnson.

Nautilust
2018-08-29, 04:25 PM
@Eldest, Thanks for fixing the Mme thing I was wondering what psychedelics had to do with what your character was saying.

The cashier pokes the screen a couple of times and then stares at you for a little while Smoke. "Yes. There's an employee entrance in the back of the store there, go through it."

Passion+ is a two-story building, it's mainly a lingerie store but they sell condoms, lube and other such accessories. They have a very nice, mixed collection of quality wears. Despite the name, this seems to be a higher end store. There's something for everybody. The inside is well lit, clean and organized.

When you go through the door in the back, you are greeted by a waiting room, it has a full bar, a mini fridge, and very comfortable chairs and couches. It's dimly lit by icy blue LED lights. The black walls accent it's dark and comfortable theme.

Someone give me a Judge Intentions roll.

Dice Rolls
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?567837-River-City-Rolls&p=23332725#post23332725

@zfalconer, how does Dragonbane flirt with the cashier?

Triskavanski
2018-08-29, 09:50 PM
Pugnacious was busy himself. Already at the beginning of the day as usual, he compiled up his basic protections for keeping on the matrix, putting up the programming for digital armor

Armor rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll0]
Stealth rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll1]
Browse rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll2]
Edit rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll3]
Analyze rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll4]

Rest for an hour in the morning to clear any stun [roll5]

Getting the message coming in from his commlink, a device he carries around despite being a technomancer precisely for this reason he loads a few more programs and gets into his car, climbing up into his booster seat. It would be so much harder driving if he couldn't do it wirelessly. He did make sure to keep his taser, while wearing his urban explorer jumpsuit.

Empathy Software rating 6 fade 3 = [roll6]

He goes straight there himself, though remains in the car until twenty minutes before the time comes, hopping out and padding his way into the store, biting his lip as he realizes where he was at. Really? Here.. ugh.. he huffs trying to make his way to cashier, hopping up to try and pull himself up onto the counter so she could see him and he didn't have to shout regardless of who was there. "He..hey, lady. Where can I find Mr Johnson?"

Nautilust
2018-08-29, 10:46 PM
Armor rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll0]
Stealth rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll1]
Browse rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll2]
Edit rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll3]
Analyze rating 6 Fade 3 = [roll4]

Rest for an hour in the morning to clear any stun [roll5]

Empathy Software rating 6 fade 3 = [roll6]

Let's see here.

That's 5 hits for roll 1 so no Fade.
2 hits for roll 2, 1 Fade.
5 hits for roll 3, no Fade.
2 hits for roll 4, 1 Fade.
2 hits for roll 5, 1 Fade.
2 gits for roll 6, 1 Fade.

That's 4S in total.

No hits on the rest. So you would have 4S. That might change though. We'll address that when we can.

Lionheart
2018-08-30, 03:15 AM
Legion doesn't see the message until half past, More accurately, a notification popped up on her screen while she was browsing clothing way beyond her price range on her comm, but she ignored it. By the time she got around to opening the thing, she realised she was going to be late.

"Frag it." she mutters as she rolls off the dirty, broken old mattress that passed for her bed. There isn't much else in the room, just a workbench scattered with equipment and ammunition, and a pile of musty smelling clothes on the floor. The ork pulls on one of her many pairs of ripped but serviceable jeans, throws on a t-shirt over a bra that hasn't been changed for a few days, and covers the ensemble with her prized leather jacket (the only item of clothing she owns that isn't stained or torn or both).
On the way out she pockets her taser, you can never be too careful. Her foci are all about her person, as always, lately she was finding it harder to put them down.

She arrives at the lingerie store only about ten minutes late, which she reckons is pretty good considering. She eyes up the merchandise as she saunters to the counter, wiping away the sheen of her headlong run here. She nods to the cashier, acting casual while struggling to catch her breath.

"Alright my love? I'm here for Johnson, Mr.
Name's Legion."

Nautilust
2018-08-30, 04:05 AM
The message said to get there at 5:40 P.M., however as the clock hits 5:40 no one comes out to meet you. You each get another message "It looks like we have a few stragglers, we'll extend the time frame to 6:00 P.M."

Hawkeye What do you do as you wait? Both before the original meeting time and up to the new meeting time.
Bastion Same for you, what do you do during the wait?
Smoke Ditto.
Dragonbane We'll cover the interaction with the cashier and then after.
Pugnacious The Cashier seems to be more than a little shocked by you. She looks at you for about a second and then tells you to head through the door.
Legion She smiles at you, and looks at you a bit before waving you towards the Employee's Only door.

You all have free range of the bar, the mini fridge has some food in it, and there's a node to Passion+.

samduke
2018-08-30, 03:39 PM
Hawkeye will find a comfy spot to sit with her back to a solid wall facing the door preferably and wait

Eldest
2018-08-30, 03:54 PM
Smoke eyes her fellow runners and sighs. You'd hope that people who are going to meet in a clothing shop would have some sense of fashion.

Though to be frank, she has yet to meet a sam who can both pull off a good tux and chew through a team of HRT.

While waiting, she lights up a cigarette if it wouldn't set off an alarm, sits back and starts listening to jazz on her commlink speaker.

Nautilust
2018-08-30, 04:10 PM
Smoke eyes her fellow runners and sighs. You'd hope that people who are going to meet in a clothing shop would have some sense of fashion.

It's funny because everyone has a set of clothes for meetings. So they just don't wear them.

Nautilust
2018-08-30, 04:14 PM
All of the furniture is against a solid wall. I should have described the room a bit better. The room is a large circle, all of the furniture is against the wall towards the entrance, the bar and fridge are on the opposite end.

There's no smoke alarms in this room, you can smoke all you want.

Eldest
2018-08-30, 04:44 PM
Yup, she sits next to an ashtray and waits for either somebody to start shooting (she already marked the exits if that happens) or the Johnson to show up.

And there's no excuse to be unfashionable. You can wear armor that looks good.

Nautilust
2018-08-30, 06:21 PM
You don't know a lot about Tiresias, no ones dealt with him much because you guys tend to do more important jobs than what he handled. But you do know he tends to lay it heavy on the symbolism, you remember Lykaios (Your previous Fixer,) mentioning that.

There's a reason the meeting place is what it is. Though what he means by it you aren't sure.

You guys are about to get ****ed. When and How, you're not sure.

Triskavanski
2018-08-30, 06:28 PM
The little changling nods before letting himself down with a huap noise, before quickly padding his way towards the door, and doing his best to get through it. Quickly he scampers to find himself a seat, climbing up into it and plopping down, crossing his legs, as he eyes the runners there, scanning each one into his mind.

Nautilust
2018-08-30, 09:15 PM
The little changling nods before letting himself down with a huap noise, before quickly padding his way towards the door, and doing his best to get through it. Quickly he scampers to find himself a seat, climbing up into it and plopping down, crossing his legs, as he eyes the runners there, scanning each one into his mind.

This would be a good time to describe your Bioluminescence, the waiting room would count as Low-Light conditions.

Triskavanski
2018-08-30, 09:45 PM
The room does get brighter as the changeling corgi enters into the room. Luckily enough however it didn't seem to be too weird, as it matched the color of the icy blue leds pretty closely. He was just radiating with healthy glow.

Eldest
2018-08-30, 09:53 PM
.....uh, no, unless you've got some sort of mind-affecting magic I'd think everyone notices you are literally glowing.

Nautilust
2018-08-30, 10:17 PM
It is hard to hide. It makes you stick out like a sore thumb in low-light or complete darkness, or else it wouldn't be much of a Negative Quality.

Ionbound
2018-08-30, 10:22 PM
Bastion shrugs as she checks her commlink and sighs muttering, "I thought I got away from hurry-up-and-wait." She investigates the minifridge, then does a double take at the walking corgi before sighing, shaking her head as she decides she's seen weirder and writes it off, then gets a bottle of water if one is available.

Nautilust
2018-08-30, 10:35 PM
I'd say it would be a Perception roll to tell why the room got brighter all of a sudden.

So give me some Perception rolls if you want to investigate.

Edit: That was a faux pas on my part. Next time I'll handle it with a spoiler thread and describe what happens.

Nautilust
2018-08-31, 12:23 AM
Bastion shrugs as she checks her commlink and sighs muttering, "I thought I got away from hurry-up-and-wait." She investigates the minifridge, then does a double take at the walking corgi before sighing, shaking her head as she decides she's seen weirder and writes it off, then gets a bottle of water if one is available.

There isn't any bottled water but there's water on tap and ice.

Sorry if that's a double post, I thought I posted this earlier and now I'm not seeing it.

Nautilust
2018-08-31, 02:20 AM
You notice the room get brighter after Pugnacious walks into the room. At first you aren't sure if it's just that the lights in the room got brighter. It doesn't take you long to figure out that the source of the new light is Pugnacious, who seems to be radiating an icy blue glow. You might have to note that for future events, it'll be harder to do covert ops with Pugnacious around.

Eldest
2018-08-31, 03:01 AM
Smoke raises an eyebrow at the glowing Corgi, but doesn't say anything yet. No reason to give the Johnson ammo, if he was listening.

Ionbound
2018-08-31, 08:08 AM
Bastion grumbles at the lack of bottled water, but pours herself a glass of the iced water. She takes a sip, and looks at the assembled runners, eventually asking, "So....What do y'all do?"

samduke
2018-08-31, 01:52 PM
well I guess you could say I am an electronic wiz. vehicles or matrix.

Nautilust
2018-08-31, 02:07 PM
When the corgling walks into the room it gets brighter all of a sudden. You aren't sure if it's just the lights getting brighter at first. It doesn't take you long to realize that the light is coming from Pugnacious. It's cool, but it could be a liability.

zfalconer
2018-09-01, 01:34 PM
hey, I'm looking for something for my girlfriend. Well, I say girlfriend, really we've only just met.

As the conversation goes on, Dragonbane works in that he's looking for Mr. Johnson.

Nautilust
2018-09-01, 01:56 PM
The cashier blushes, "That isn't the best pick up line that I've heard. But at least it isn't a total cliche."

She writes a note on a business card and slides it over the counter.

Call Me, Sometime. ### - ### - ####

"There's an Employee's Only sign on a door in the back there. Go through it, Mr. Johnson will be with you soon."

zfalconer
2018-09-01, 02:59 PM
On walking into the room, Dragonbane acknowledges the other characters in the room.

anyone care for a drink? he offers, pouring himself a fruity cocktail from the bar.

Eldest
2018-09-01, 03:08 PM
Smoke holds up a hand in polite refusal. Not my preferred vice. And takes another drag on the cigarette. As for what I do, I recover assets and handle delicate negotiations.

Ionbound
2018-09-01, 06:56 PM
Bastion takes a sip of her drink and tilts it towards Dragonbane in response, "I've got mine already." She turns and nods to Smoke, replying, "I see. As for me..." She pauses for a moment, thinking about phrasing, before continuing, "I provide support if things go wrong. Especially with regard to corporate security."

Triskavanski
2018-09-02, 01:09 AM
The corgi looks over the rest of the runners and says rather unhelpfully, "I glow and know things."

Lionheart
2018-09-02, 03:34 AM
Legion enters late, breaking into the conversation in mid swing. It takes her a moment to register that that voice did in fact come from the corgi in the room. She just shrugs, the shadows were an odd place, and she was sure that she'd see far stranger things while she ran in them.

She butts in to the conversation with an easy grin, "Name's Legion. I'm just here to get some new threads. B+E mainly, though I've got some moves if I need them."

She heads to the bar as she talks, and fixes herself a glass of the most expensive whiskey she can find, on the rocks. She grimaces as she takes a swig, she doesn't really like whiskey, but she might as well get her money's worth.

"Quite a crowd, guess Johnson's got a big party planned huh?"

Jaelesh
2018-09-02, 03:24 PM
Chimaera looks at the clock in is workshop as he gets up from the bench, muttering to himself about how there is too little time in the day.

Crap, looks like I might be a little late he says to himself as he starts to cast some of his usual spells.

Increase Attribute BOD at F4: [roll0]
Increase Reflexes at F4: [roll1]
Physical Mask at F9: [roll2]

Drain resistance
Increase Reflexes DV 4: [roll3]
Physical Mask DV 5: [roll4]

Note: The physical mask is that of a rather unremarkable elf. Short brown hair, blue eyes, average height and weight. Nondescript basically.

Getting on his nicer suit and packing a ceramic knife away, he heads to the meeting point.

When he arrives, he speaks to the receptionist Hello. I go by Chimaera, I believe I have an appointment with a Mr Johnson?

Nautilust
2018-09-02, 03:44 PM
She looks at you, and then looks at the picture of you she was given, and then looks at you, then the picture, then you, this continues for about 5 mins.
She makes a really weird face, somewhere between disgust and confusion. She mutters something to herself.
She taps the air a few times, another couple of minutes pass by.
Then she nods, Yes, Chimaera. Go in the back there, there's an Employees Only entrance, walk through the door and the waiting room is on the other side.

Then you get a message from Tiresias Sorry love, I sent a picture of your lovely face. I told her to let you go on by.

Nautilust
2018-09-02, 03:48 PM
Chimaera looks at the clock in is workshop as he gets up from the bench, muttering to himself about how there is too little time in the day.

Crap, looks like I might be a little late he says to himself as he starts to cast some of his usual spells.

Increase Attribute BOD at F4: [roll0]
Increase Reflexes at F4: [roll1]
Physical Mask at F9: [roll2]

Drain resistance
Increase Reflexes DV 4: [roll3]
Physical Mask DV 5: [roll4]

Note: The physical mask is that of a rather unremarkable elf. Short brown hair, blue eyes, average height and weight. Nondescript basically.

Getting on his nicer suit and packing a ceramic knife away, he heads to the meeting point.

When he arrives, he speaks to the receptionist Hello. I go by Chimaera, I believe I have an appointment with a Mr Johnson?

Increase Attribute BOD
Where's the drain roll for Increase BOD? The minimum is always 1.

At 8 hits you're capped by Force 4. You get a +4 increase for Increase Attribute BOD.

Increase Reflexes
No Drain.

You got 4 hits, so +3 to initiative and +3 IP.

Physical Mask
That's 2S, which is negligible, honestly i need to check the rules on recovery, it might heal before the next scene.

That's 5 hits, so a Threshold of 5 to resist the Illusion.

Jaelesh
2018-09-02, 04:31 PM
He nods at the receptionist as he walks past her into the back room.

Thank you so very much for that Tiresias he thinks to himself as he walks in

Looking at the others in the room he raises his hand in greeting How you all doing this fine day, I am called Chimaera. he says as he gives a strangely sunny smile.

I have a trauma dampener. So I take no drain at all from the Increase BOD spell, and the leftover drain from Physical Mask is reduced to 1.

Oh, and as a note, I forgot to mention that I have my masking and extended masking metamagic active to make me look mundane and hide my active spells.

Nautilust
2018-09-02, 04:49 PM
Just do the rolls anyways as a formality. Then we'll handle the aftereffects like Trauma Damper.

I need to sit down and give people some beginning of play rolls, it's my assumption that things like masking will be running from the start of each mission. Then there's contacts and other such things.

Also do your rolls here next time. It helps keep things somewhat organized.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?567837-River-City-Rolls&p=23332725#post23332725

Hey, it's all in good game. She'll have her mind wiped later, and any sensitive information will be wiped. Lykaois set up a tight ship and Tiresias isn't about to move off course in case he comes back.

Also, everyone if you would bold and italicize all speech that would help me pick them out better, bold internal monologue too.

zfalconer
2018-09-04, 12:53 AM
Dragonbane looks slightly shocked at how fast Legion moves, then gives a slightly insulted look when she clearly doesn't enjoy the expensive whiskey. In a second he recovers back into his usual laid back stance, and meanders his way to a couch.

I suppose introductions are in order, the name's Dragonbane. As for what I do, he flips down onto the couch I drink, he raised his drink as if in cheers and I know people.

He takes a sip from his drink, gives it a slight stir, then mutters Jeg kan også lide kanoner og sprog

Nautilust
2018-09-04, 01:47 AM
So, how I'm thinking of handling this Complex Forms working as Magic situation is the following.

When you wake up, there's a boot up. Where you roll Fade on all complex forms. Afterwards, they're all prepped and running, with no penalties for "sustaining."

Afterwards you can take up to four rest actions in a row.
You should be able to accomplish this with little to no Fade damage.

Each rest takes up 1 hour, as per Core Rulebook, I figure you got other stuff to do during the day. With most calls happening around the late evening, I'd say you wake up around 10 - 12 A.M./P.M., then you have 6 - 8 hours for your regular life then it's off to the shadows. Shadowrunners learn to stay up for long periods of time and sleep when they can, they have really busy lives. Based off of those assumptions I'd say you could take up to 4 hours of rest time during this period.

After this initial boot up, you no longer have to worry about the following Complex Forms,
Common Programs
Armor
& Stealth
Unless, you thread them again, say, you want to increase the Rating, or, they get Crashed.

When you use the rest of the Complex Forms (Hacking Programs) you roll Fade again, as if using a spell. So, threading would be included in this, you could raise or lower the Rating, like Force, then roll Fade for the use.

You could, potentially, rack up a lot of Fade damage. However, you have Sprites, and another Hacker on the team. Don't always play things safe, get in there, be a badass.

So go over to the rolls page.

And, I need you to roll Fade on all your Complex Forms, for the boot-up. Roll a D6 for the Resonance Well; and, don't forget to add the +2 from In Tune.
Then, roll for Resting.

I ask that you post, at least, once a day; more would be deeply appreciated. If you can't post on a day, that's OK. If you start taking too long to post, I'll probably ask you what's going on; then we'll go from there. I understand we all have our own lives so I'm pretty understanding, though sometimes I may be a little brash.

Even when I'm working, I tend to have a lot of time on my hands, I multi-task well and work fast. My goal is to get **** done and move to the next thing. Often, I have hurdles, but I try not to let it be a habit. My biggest problem is that I don't put up with bull****; which is one of the reasons I've had trouble finding work, my job history is terrible. I've had several ******* bosses, and I can't just put my head down and work, I have to say something.

Anyways, it will not be unusual for me to post several times in a day if I can. If I can't post for a while I will always let you guys know.

I'm happy that we got to start playing, and I apologize for the wait. I was honestly doing a lot of work on the game up to this point. Between reading and vetting characters I was spending like 6 -8 hours a day on this game, if it weren't for having to do other **** I probably would have spent more time. I really love role-playing.

On another note, take a little time when you post. Maybe leave your post for a little while and come back to it. I haven't been doing that, but I'm going to try to do it from now on.
Be Descriptive. Before you make a roll, tell me what you want to do, how you do it, and what it looks like to the best of your ability. Then I'll give the go ahead to roll, with all of the bonuses/penalties applied to said situation.

I will award a 1 - 3 dice pool bonus for good description. I'm not a poet laureate, I don't expect a whole lot.

At 6:00 PM sharp you hear a buzz, then a trap door opens in the floor of the room.

Metal stairs lead you to complete darkness. An AR hologram appears in the center of the room.

It looks like a futuristic astronaut, with a purple suit and blue visor, the arm patch says NASA, with the old (current) insignia. However, the form is twisted and distorted as if it's melting, and if you look close enough at the visor; it looks as if, something, is writhing inside it. Every so often the figure spasms.

It's another circular room with a round table in the middle. The room is minimalist and sterile, the surface of the table is glass and the walls are metal. There's no where to sit, so, you're all forced to stand.

A muffled, deep voice comes from behind you all, from a speaker circling the top of the wall of the room.

Thank you all for coming. My name is Mrs. Livingston and I'm throwing a party. Bring Your Own Beer.

The figure grabs its stomach and the voice laughs.

Sorry, in all seriousness, I have a job for you. There's an old NSA building in Hell's Kitchen, that one of the Big 10 now uses for data storage. I need you to get into this building and copy the data stores. We can offer 80,000¥ upon completion with a 16,000¥ bonus for getting the information at or before 12:00 A.M. I have been told that you are each at the top of your field. I need this handled discreetly.

The figure puts it's hands together in a pyramid, and waits for a response.

zfalconer
2018-09-04, 02:43 AM
Dragonbane does some quick mental math, and seems unfazed. Sweetheart, my haircut costs more than that. You already know you're trying to hire the best, so don't insult us. You know that going up against one of the ten is going to be at least a 6 figure job, and of course we'll need an operations budget. Also, vagueness costs, so you'll have to tell us exactly what we're up against, or we'll have to include the recon fee.

Nautilust
2018-09-04, 12:50 PM
Your full dice pool, counting everything that could factor is 24.
I'm giving you +1 for description. That's 25.

Enhanced Pheromone Recptors & Tailored Pheromones wouldn't work because it's an AR image. So -5, makes that 20.
Empathy Software wouldn't work so that's -4, making it 16.
You are actually dressed for the occasion, so +1 makes it 17.
You insulted Mr. Johnson, but he doesn't really care, -0.

So roll Negotiation at a 17 dice pool.

The voice laughs again, its a male voice, though it's a little hard to tell. I'm nobodies sweetheart.

I'll pay 105,000¥ upon completion, with a bonus of 17,500¥ for completion at or before 12:00 A.M.. I'll include an 7000¥ pool for resources, payed up front, but no "Recon Fee" that's part of your job. In fact, it's insulting that you would ask me to pay more for that.

The visor changes colors to red and begins to crack as the voice says that last part. Then it fades to a shade of black.

I have additional information, so ask questions and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

The figure puts it's hands in a pyramid again and waits.

Triskavanski
2018-09-04, 03:44 PM
The corgi blinked a little looking over to the speaker of the group. Giving him a nod of approval, which was painfully obvious as besides the the hologram, the corgi was now the only light source in the room. Course he didn't like standing in the room being at eye level with everyone's groin

Looking up to the hologram he frowned slightly. "Oi! He wasn't tellin ya to pay it. Course we gonna do our own recon, but we wanna have ya ruddy recon too. Never been one ta trust a new Johnston.. Or Livingston. But it bloody does well to help us know if ya is on the cool or the shank. Its soundin like ya on the cool, though. So ya needin the whole datastores or parts of it? An' were ya be needin it put?"

Nautilust
2018-09-04, 04:29 PM
Don't forget the rest of those rolls, doesn't have to be today but I need them.

Your interesting, I'm happy to see so much diversity.

I, or rather, We need the whole of the data-stores. We aren't sure exactly what it is we're looking for, but if it exists it's in those stores. When we receive it we'll have someone sifting through the data. I need you to copy it, and bring it to the meeting for payment. Transmitting it would be too risky, too big a chance it gets intercepted.

The figure spasms, as if it's having a seizure, you can see something writhing inside the suit. Whoever made this persona paid a lot of attention to detail.

Ionbound
2018-09-04, 07:55 PM
Sentinel raises an eyebrow and asks, "Well...Which of the Big 10 is it? That factors in quite a bit...I'd handle Renraku differently from Ares, for instance." And go nowhere close to an S-K facility if I could help it

Nautilust
2018-09-04, 11:22 PM
The figure quits spasming and pulls up some photos. They show various rooms of a sterile building that seems to be mostly empty. They don't show anything of importance, however you do see parts of the processors' that probably run the Node for the building. It appears to have multiple Nexi running simultaneously.

Here's some photos of the inside, as you can see it's pretty much empty except for the Nexi.

From what we've uncovered it's owned by MCT. Actually, it's owned by a shell company owned by a subsidiary of MCT. That took a while to dig up, and we aren't 100% on that data, but it seems to be true. Whatever is in there, it's certain that some of it is stuff that no one outside MCT is supposed to know. Although, it's probably mixed in with a whole lot of other information.

samduke
2018-09-05, 03:41 PM
this data that we are to collect... of the methods that I know, I see... options, try to grab it from the matrix, grab the device it is stored on, both have their risks.
What can you tell me about this Node and the potential matrix security attached to the building?

Nautilust
2018-09-05, 06:52 PM
(You definitely would not be able to carry that equipment out of the building, it's probably 1000+ lbs. of electronics. Storing it on a data chip might be hard too, but plausible.)

Well as noted it seems to have multiple Nexi powering it, and probably countless peripherals, so the computing power on this thing probably makes your standard commlink look like a speck of sand. It probably has state of the art defenses, IC and Agents, probably a Spider or three, drones, guards, I wouldn't be surprised if the building was rigged to explode. Have you heard of MCT's zero-zones? They don't **** around, that's why we're paying so much here.

Eldest
2018-09-05, 09:08 PM
To get a copy of that much data, we're going to need some specialized equipment to store it all in a man-portable fashion. Would you be willing to provide that? Smoke taps some ash off her cigarette, eying the icon professionally. What was he trying to say here?

Unless SR has some damned good storage protocols that I'm unaware of, this mission is very difficult.

Nautilust
2018-09-05, 09:32 PM
That's why you're all as specialized as you are. This mission is going to be really really difficult. It'll take an hour minimum to copy the data I'd say. I was weighing giving more nuyen for the mission, but it's going to add up real quick.

The figure disappears and the table projects an image of some electronics, a couple big Nexi connected to several dozen Peripherals, encased in a metal square, custom-built to hold the set up.

We have a couple of Nexi and some Peripherals we've cleaned out and clustered, but it's a heavy system. If you can pick it up and transport it it's yours to use, and we aren't saying not to copy some of this data for yourselves' if you have the time. Blackmail pays the bills.

Jaelesh
2018-09-06, 12:14 AM
Chimaera looks at the readouts as he mentally fiddles with his comm, trying to determine if there is any kind of surveillance or interference with his signal in this room as he considers things.

Dammit, it almost seems like they are trying to send us into a giant cluster(*&^ on purpose. he thinks to himself as he looks around briefly.

That nexi you have is much too big to try and lug through the building without drawing too much attention, do you have a node or such that you could accept a wireless transfer to?

Nautilust
2018-09-06, 12:33 AM
The diagram fades and the astronaut reappears, it's visor turns red again and starts cracking even more. At this point the whole visor is shattered.

The whole system can run a node, that's what Nexi are for. Think of it like several hundred commlinks all linked together and running as one device. You wouldn't have to carry it through the building, you'd just have to copy the data straight to the Node. You'd have to get access to the the node for the datastores, hack into it, get admin access, get the system in signal range, then transfer the admin access to the node, then begin copying the data. It also has fiberoptic cables and optical taps, so there are other options there. Are you not as experienced as I was told?

Eldest
2018-09-06, 12:42 AM
Hm. Honestly I'm thinking Bavarian fire drill, if we could pull that off with a Corgi. But on to the questions, do you have any details on the expected security time or response? What on-site opposition do you expect? And do you have any information their hierarchy, who do they report to, who's their corporate boogyman, what do they expect the people they obey to show to prove they are who they say they are?

Nautilust
2018-09-06, 01:24 AM
We aren't really sure. If it is MCT they don't take prisoners. They will have magical defenses, matrix defenses, guards, and maybe drones & paracritters. If it was Manhatten Valley you wouldn't have to worry till you got inside, but Hell's Kitchen is mostly poor, working class individuals or just SINless, so no one's going to care if a firefight breaks out, or if a few people accidentally get shot.

If it were less secure we'd just hire a few rookie teams and send them in within hours of each other, then send an extraction team for the data. High Chaos. But, the way things look a rookie team would just get splattered against a wall within seconds. Then MCT would bag & tag them and clean the scene within the hour, nobody wiser to what happened just a few moments ago.

As far as their corporate boogeymen, the Yakuza own a big share of MCT. I've heard of teams that ran in thinking they'd just be facing corp sec and then the Yakuza comes in and wipes the floor with them.

The room doesn't carry a matrix signal at all, but there doesn't seem to be any surveillance in the room. I could make a Perception Roll at a -5 if you really want to investigate, you're distracted, and anything that's there isn't in your immediate vicinity. With an additional -2 if you're using Normal Vision or Thermographic Vision, for partial light.

It would be really difficult.

Ionbound
2018-09-06, 07:56 AM
Bastion frowns as she thinks about the possibilities, eventually saying, "So...Social engineering it is then. We're gonna be sitting in their waiting for what, half an hour? More? Depending on the specific size of the stores. There's no way we can sit there that long unless they don't know we're there. Or think we're supposed to be there, at least." She sighs, then asks, "Anyone have any ideas for a fire drill? Or are we gonna go with the old classic of putting a virus on a chip and hoping someone plugs it into their mainframe?"

Triskavanski
2018-09-06, 11:16 AM
"We could do a false flag. Fin' some infurmation on tha people who wark thar, create a fake profile fur them as summin dangerous." he offers. "I dun't inten' ta be in tha building much meself, fur obvious reasons. I'm pretty obviously sunnin who is naught tha best at han' ta han' combat ta. Bedder ta use my min' than my impossin stature. I woul' show ya summin, but thar naught much of a signal in her' "

samduke
2018-09-06, 03:49 PM
to no one particular, Hacking this from outside is dangerous at best, getting into the building to where the data is stored is dangerous at best, but hacking the source will be much easier from the source than from outside, we would need to then use a nexi wireless transfer to outside the building to a mobile platform that can store that data, then manage to get out and not get dead.
I think that about covers the least amount of risk in my calculations

zfalconer
2018-09-07, 03:58 AM
if we're trying to buy time, social engineering is probably the best. Could we automate the process is any way? Perhaps slap a "security" label on a burner comlink and plug it in? That way we don't have to stay, we can get in and get out. The transfer may take longer, but I think the reduced risk may be worth it.

Eldest
2018-09-07, 10:07 AM
Sure, if you want to not get paid. Zero zone, remember? They're going to react to the first indication of things being funny, our best chance to get this done is to be there in order to keep them off balance and go guns hot first if they're going to. If you're scared of the danger, the door is over there, and that's a better cut for the rest of us.

Triskavanski
2018-09-07, 01:08 PM
"Thar is also summin else that we cin do. It'll be tricky thou'. If we we're ta buil' an isolation chamber aroun' tha location we coul' move aroun' all tha traffic goin in an out. But if we gonna jus get it dun 'fore tamarraw, gotta go more guns blazin"

samduke
2018-09-07, 01:31 PM
I have a few toys to keep servaliance on the exterior and i can take a few inside for extra guns, but that still leaves the security that needs hacked at the source and the transfer to a data storage outside.

Ionbound
2018-09-07, 02:44 PM
Bastion nods, then asks, "Does anyone happen to have access to a semi? We could just walk up, pretend we're sent from MCT to relocate the mainframe, and then just drive off into the sunset. And that way if things go wrong halfway through, we'll still have half their mainframe."

Nautilust
2018-09-07, 02:48 PM
(Again, their system is heavy, really ****ing heavy. Taking even half of it is not going to be an option.)

zfalconer
2018-09-07, 04:00 PM
(Again, their system is heavy, really ****ing heavy. Taking even half of it is not going to be an option.)
(Challenge?)

best way to not die in a firefight is to not get into a firefight. I can hold my own with a gun, but it's always better to leave fewer bodies.

A semi might not be a bad idea, but it would probably be better to bring our own node and copy to that rather than steal their node. Anyone have 1000 meter long data jack?

Nautilust
2018-09-07, 04:18 PM
(If you guys want to try? I'll tell you what'll happen. You'll get there and try to steal it, it'll take longer than just transferring all the data. It's logistically impossible, I'm down for crazy stunts but that method would just be stupid. I gave you guys a warning, if you guys decide to follow is a different thing. Like the party I kept telling not to go outside of town because there were Werewolves everywhere. They went outside of town, and there were several dozen packs of Werewolves wandering around. It was a blood bath.)

You don't need that. As I suggested, create Admin Access, transfer to the node and begin the transfer. Use some social engineering while you wait, you're making it too hard.

zfalconer
2018-09-07, 07:49 PM
Are you a Johnson or our logistics? We appreciate the advice, but we're the professionals here. We'll get your job done, so why don't you stop worrying your pretty little head, and go back to watching your cop dramas while we do your dirty work.

Ionbound
2018-09-07, 09:10 PM
"Fair enough, I suppose. At this point I'm just spitballing ideas. I just don't like the idea of spending any time in there, because when something goes wrong, and it will go wrong, I don't fancy my odds in a firefight against their security."

Nautilust
2018-09-07, 09:49 PM
The figure goes into another spasm, it's whole body going into seizure. The visor breaks and the suit starts to rupture, oozing black tendrils begin to tear through the holes in the suit. The voice changes, becoming a lot deeper and less muffled, maybe it's Mr. Johnson's real voice. It's sincere, this isn't the ramblings of some kid, this is the fury of an older man.

I'd watch what I say. I've been in this game a lot longer than you have, I know more people than you'll dream of. If I could walk in there alone I would have; in fact, I was prepped to do it, it's Tiresias that suggested you guys. I took their word that you were all professionals, but so far I've seen a lot of incompetence. This data is important, lives are on the line. I offered a good suggestion, whether or not you take it I don't really care as long as you are successful. Cause if you fail, and by extension we fail, then you won't have to worry about MCT. You'll be worried about me and it won't be for long. Now if you're going to take the job let me know now, and then leave. I've had enough of being insulted.

Eldest
2018-09-07, 11:38 PM
Though it's not particularly my responsibility to offer this, I do apologize for his rudeness. I will take the job.

Triskavanski
2018-09-08, 06:07 AM
The corgi rolls his eyes at the Johnson's outburst. It was the typical bit where someone on a high horse spends most of the time insulting the runners, calling them indirectly, unprofessional or incompetent, and then getting upset when the Johnson's competence is brought into question. Typically with a tirade of how much better the Johnson is compared to the runners. As a technomancer Pugnacious was good at his job, but he had a particular comfort zone he existed in. And once he was outside of that zone.. well, he honestly wondered. This person wanted it done fast and discretely and against a high level target. Professionals or not, the changeling knew of that all the people in the room, not one of them could do it within the allotted time of less than twenty four hours. Social engineering took time if you were going after something more specific, like a high level security building.

"Oi, now look her'. Yer tellin us ta go in ta this place with no recon of yer own, Otter than tha thin' is real big an' heavy. None of us cin carry that on out. So ya sayin goin do ya social engieerin, but that takes time ta do. We got less than six hours ta get over ther' an' get ya data. But its gonna take least an hour ta get it on a data device. So we got five. Then we suppose ta get it ta ya somewhere. Four. Four hours ta get in, chat up tha palce and start tha downloa'. Professional or nun, Ain't a runner alive that I know of that kin do that. If I'm gonna take tha job, nun of ya better expectin me ta go rushin in ta get tha scuici'e bonus"

Nautilust
2018-09-08, 10:31 AM
Look, I've been around since the 50's I've seen a lot of people die. I've also seen a lot of people do **** you wouldn't even believe. I was a runner before I started being a Johnson, I'm very experienced and I don't like that being questioned. It insults all the people that have died doing their jobs with me over the years. When I say this job is possible, it is, without question possible. Whether or not you get the job done in 6 hours, well, that's more questionable. I didn't want to add that to the description, it'll rush you guys and you might **** up. But I have bosses just the same as you. For you it's Mr. Johnson. You don't insult Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson can and will stab you in the back and maybe kill you himself. You act on your best behavior, you take the job, or not, and then you go do your legwork. You don't talk about your plan in front of Mr. Johnson, that's for the legwork phase. You do squeeze every last bit of information you can out of Mr. Johnson.

At the level of experience you're at, you don't ever question Mr. Johnson. Mr. Johnson is usually a very capable person, not some corp kiddy, and if you piss him off it's bad for everyone. So do your ****ing job, like you have some sense, get it done and get your money. I shouldn't have to tell you how to do your job. If you'd like a primer though, I might be willing to put one together. It looks like no one ever taught you how to act in front of Mr. Johnson. The fact is you've been unprofessional, and incompetent. Whether or not you believe that doesn't matter, because you seem to think your hot ****. You're not. What you are is a team, who can do a whole hell of a lot if you put your heads together.

At this rate, if I don't kill you. The next Johnson will. So pull your ****ing **** together.

@Eldest you've been doing a great job. It really comes off like you've played before and I appreciate that.

Triskavanski
2018-09-08, 02:05 PM
"So we in an agreemen' than, that six hours isn't enough of a time ta get it done. I'll take ya job, but ain't gonna do tha suicide run. If things go lucky, ya get it lucky. Now then, my legs are short, n' since I'm not gonna be tryin ta do this in six hours, there ain't any reason ta condense this with tryin ta get information ta. So while they gettin tha information on yer nexi so we cin sen' stuff ta it, I'm gonna leave ta start up my leg work." He does make it a point to look at the other runners when he says he isn't going to do the rushing time. But he tired of this situation they were in, talking to a Johnson who acts like this. Demanding respect and waving his **** about, telling them how to do their job. While at the same time not even doing some of the basic things himself.

Still, there was some need for speed. Primarily so he could get the job done and then get out of there. Who ever the Johnson was, it was at least obvious he had money. He had some sort of overlord who needed the files by tomorrow. The corgi made his way to the exit as he wasn't going to get any answers from the spaceman. The job was to get some sort of data, that the Johnson likely knew what it was but didn't want them to know what it was. Hence why he wanted the entire databox to be saved onto something else.

climbing up to the top, he started going through the programs he loaded up to quickly gather massive amounts of information to share later.

Pugnacious is quickly going through a number of data searches as he heads to his car. His goal is to get a head of what the johnson is looking for based on the fact that it seemed important enough that it was wanted before the next day, but not needed enough that it has to be before midnight. So likely it is something that is at least expected to be have gotten by tomorrow, or within a very short period of time to use the data for something semi-secret. Like a court case or something to interfere MCT's business. Though the Johnson didn't seem to entirely know if it was MCT. Especially with the fact that the Zero Zones do not ask questions, it makes the idea of doing social engineering seem off. Likely, while the building does have a metric-duckload of security, there are additional security satellites surrounding it. Especially if its not MCT.

Gathering workers information that go into this location, through a variety of means such as social platform sites maybe one way to go. Its possible, and quite likely that the employee's themselves do not have accounts for exactly this reason, but often will leave a shadow amongst friends and family that do have accounts. Going to be using public access cameras, like traffic cameras and such to track down what vehicles come and and out of the area.

Nautilust
2018-09-08, 02:37 PM
(Mr. Johnson did his job, he offered the job, gave the outline of what was involved, and stayed there to answer any questions. He's rusty, he's old, he's cranky, what's your team's excuse. I think we're all going to have a talk about how to behave in meetings soon. Because your conduct was terrible. This might be because you're rusty too, I understand that; or you just haven't played Shadowrun enough or have had bad GM's. But literally your characters themselves have no excuse.)

We'll move on after everyone pipes in on whether they are taking the mission or not.

I'm going to ask for the following, all with a +1 bonus, I think your description was decent.

Area Knowledge : Manhattan roll w an additional Data Search roll layered over it. On the Area Knowledge add + 3 because of a Mapsoft. On the Data Search roll take a - 3 penalty, the information your looking for is both intricate and obscure.

Current Events in form of a Data Search roll, we'll include court cases in this. Take a - 1 penalty for it being intricate information.

News: MCT in the form of a Data Search roll. I'll wave penalties on this, it's just a general search.

You can turn each test into an Extended Test, with an additional -1 penalty for each roll. Initital roll will take approximate 1 minute, increase by 1 minute for each additional roll as you slow down and start taking your time to find additional information.

Ionbound
2018-09-08, 04:12 PM
Bastion shrugs and says, "I'm in, one way or another. Need the money. We'll see how things go once I take a closer look at the site and we come up with a more solid plan."

samduke
2018-09-08, 04:25 PM
having listened to the input of those present and the gravity of the situation related to the risks involved,
I would like to discuss the game plan,
Entry to the MCT building: when, where and how?
Gaining access to the the node for the datastores, hack into it, get admin access, get the system in signal range, then transfer the admin access to the node, then begin copying the data via fiber or the like
That will take time even then, while this is occurring we need a contingency plan for the MCT building security, Guns are good but hopefully not needed.
then once we have the information, getting out: Exfiltration, having multiple options here would be usefull.
Delivery of information, Once we have this , they are going to probably know it, they might even know we have it, so getting rid of the information must be priority one as soon as we are out.

a few mental calculations later. I am in on this mission.

Jaelesh
2018-09-08, 05:07 PM
Well, seeing as Tiresias was kind enough to introduce this job, I will do my best to see it through Chimaera says he looks to the others

Anybody feel like risking the possibility of being noticed if it means a little magical scouting of the area? We are short on time, so a little loss of stealth might be necessary. He asks as he scratches his head.

Ionbound
2018-09-08, 05:45 PM
Bastion shakes her head, "If we get noticed, that's it. Game over. Security will be too tight, and employees will be on high alert. Not worth the risk."

zfalconer
2018-09-08, 06:42 PM
I'm with the corgi on this one. I'll take the job, but no runner in their right mind would do it in the amount of time you've given.

Dragonbane passes contact info to the rest of the runners in the room.

If you need me, here's how to get a hold of me. In the meantime, I apparently have a company to infiltrate, so unless you have another tantrum you want to throw "Mr Johnson", I'll be on my way.

With a walk that clearly says he's sick of being insulted, Dragonbane leaves the room without waiting to see if the Johnson has anything else to say. If he's able to catch up to the changeling, he'll give contact info on his way by, and thank him for being reasonable.

samduke
2018-09-10, 01:02 PM
While I am not entirely comfortable with the general perceived risks from matrix & building security, I will start working on getting some sort of node setup that we can transfer the data into. here is my number to get in touch of me when you guys want to meet to start this op. Hawkeye leaves returns to vehicle and leaves back to the workspace to setup a node and prep drones for action