PDA

View Full Version : learning a bought spell in icewind dale II

Mr White
2007-09-14, 01:29 AM
I've asked this question in another forum specifically for icewind dale II but apparently it isn't really that active or helpful as I've been waiting for three days without an answer.

In Icewind dale II, I've bought the 'identify' spell (first level spell). I've got 3 casters in my party namely a 4th level human bard, a 4th level human druid and a 3th level drow sorceress.
I gathered that to learn a spell, you have to right click the spell (in the inventory) and push the learn button. Apperently non of my casters can learn the spell as I can't find a learn button on the information window of the spell.

What am I doing wrong that I can't learn a new spell?

Shikton
2007-09-14, 01:48 AM
Those classes can't learn from scrolls. That's the problem.

Avaris
2007-09-14, 04:29 AM
Yeah, you have to have a wizard to learn from scrolls. Those classes all select spells on level up.

Mr White
2007-09-14, 11:47 AM
Yeah, you have to have a wizard to learn from scrolls. Those classes all select spells on level up.

I feared so. And I don't think I can still select 1st level spells when leveling up. To bad.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Triaxx
2007-09-15, 04:38 AM
I believe the Bard will get a chance to learn one more level 1 spell. If not, he should be able to identify them anyway with his innate bardly-ness.

Merlin the Tuna
2007-09-15, 01:20 PM
Bags of Holding also automatically identify objects.