PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 animal companion help.

aajj1987
2018-08-27, 09:14 AM
Ok so still kinda new to the animal companion setup and leveling. Building one for a new gamer. He is coming in as a level 8 ranger with natural bond feat so his effective druid level should be 7. The DM told me to make his companion a tiger. so i got the base animal stats but how would i figure how many bonus hit die and such should it have?

Bronk
2018-08-27, 09:32 AM
so i got the base animal stats but how would i figure how many bonus hit die and such should it have?

The ranger is at effective druid level 7, and the Tiger is -6, so you'd add the bonuses for a 1st level companion to the base stats.

So, in this case, just one bonus trick, plus 'link' and 'share spells', and otherwise the same as a base tiger.

aajj1987
2018-08-27, 09:41 AM
Thank you that's what i was reading but i couldn't wrap my head around it cause i have been fried playing 4 different campaigns at the DM's house. I just didn't want to make a broken companion.

Bronk
2018-08-27, 02:26 PM
Thank you that's what i was reading but i couldn't wrap my head around it cause i have been fried playing 4 different campaigns at the DM's house. I just didn't want to make a broken companion.

I'm glad I was able to help! It's nice that you're helping your friend out.