PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Tiefling Sor-Lock Advice Please

Remover of Obst
2018-08-27, 02:25 PM
I am thinking about making a Tiefling Warlock/Sorcerer and I would appreciate your advice/answers to a few questions.

Background for the character
Start Hexblade Warlock with Criminal (maybe Urchin or Bounty Hunter) background for Stealth and Thieves’ Tools.
Agonizing Blast and Repelling Blast (or Devil’s Sight) at W2 and then Gold or Red Draconic Sorcerer for fire damage buffs.

Question 1. Would you recommend a two level rogue dip after W3(or W5) and S8? Having the bonus action Disengage without using Concentration on Expeditious Retreat/Haste seems nice and the Expertise would play well with the character background.
With Haste 2x movement: 60 feet of normal movement, Action Dash, Hasted Action Dash, Bonus Action Dash… 240 feet in one turn?

Question 2. Which Tiefling would you prefer?

Wings (SCAG)
Fly speed of 30 feet (no restriction on armor?)
….Or….
Glasya
Charisma+2, Dexterity +1.
Level 1 - Minor illusion cantrip.
Level 3 - Disguise Self
Level5 - Invisibility

Both options can be mimicked with spells, but not having to concentrate on Fly and having it at will ready without using an action seemed quite nice. Although +1 DEX fits a bit better.

Question 3. Does Elemental Affinity help Create Bonfire/Wall of Fire?
Key words “when you cast”, so only if there is someone where you place the fire?

Starting at 6th level, when you Cast a Spell that deals damage of the type associated with your Draconic ancestry, you can add your Charisma modifier to one damage roll of that spell. At the same time, you can spend 1 sorcery point to gain Resistance to that damage type for 1 hour.

A magic bonfire fills a 5-foot cube. Any creature in the fire's space must pass a Dexterity save or take 1d8 fire damage. A creature must also make the save when it moves into the bonfire's space or ends its turn there.

Followup - I would assume Flaming Sphere damage is not boosted.

Question 4. Any ‘required’ feats for warlock/sorcerer? Spell Sniper, Elemental Adept, War Caster?

Thank you.