Whit
2018-08-27, 09:51 PM
Fighter2 / wizard battle mage or fighter 2 wizard blade singer. Which is better

Throne12
2018-08-27, 09:53 PM
Fighter 2 adj wizard is.

Spectrulus
2018-08-28, 07:56 AM
EK7/Wiz13 is my personal favorite. All kinds of fun options.

nickl_2000
2018-08-28, 07:58 AM
Do you want a strength build or a dex build? Do you care? What is your goal from the character? Do you care about race?

Unoriginal
2018-08-28, 08:05 AM
Fighter2 / wizard battle mage or fighter 2 wizard blade singer. Which is better

Depends what you want to do. Why only 2 levels in Fighter, for starter?

ZorroGames
2018-08-28, 08:11 AM
Depends what you want to do. Why only 2 levels in Fighter, for starter?

Speculation!

Fighter 1 for hv Armor and Con saves.

I would take Wizard 5 for nova spells, level 2 for Action Surge, than finish Wizard.

But it was pointed out to me recently that if Armor is a driver I could give up the con proficiency initially and use a heavy armor Cleric for spell slots for things like self-Healing and Bless.

Grear Bylls
2018-08-28, 08:12 AM
I've personally been playing a Fighter 1/Abjurer 6 in AL, and it's REALLY good. I've been planning on getting up to BM 3/ Abjurer 15 for my build. The Blade cantrips are very nice without extra Attack. Your durability is great, and Haste can help pump your damage big time.

I'd say either Abjurer or War Wizard, although I prefer abjurer

ZorroGames
2018-08-28, 08:18 AM
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Battlemage_(5e_Class)

By BattleMage are you using this character “class”?

Unoriginal
2018-08-28, 08:20 AM
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Battlemage_(5e_Class)

By BattleMage are you using this character “class”?

I think OP is talking about the War Wizard.

On said subject, I'm pretty sure a DEX Champion fighter (with Remarkable athlete)/War Wizard with 20 in DEX and INT has the best Initiative in the game. Not that it's incredibly useful, but it's something.

Deox
2018-08-28, 08:23 AM
I'm also playing a Dwarf Fighter 2 / Wizard (Abjurer) 8. Durability is absolutely insane. If you want to BB or GFB, you can dish out a couple big hits with Haste. I remind myself, even though I have a very hearty AC and great defensive capabilities, I'm still a Wizard, including hit points.

I like sitting in back and using battlefield control and debuffs, but if some poor sap engages me in melee, he's in for a world of hurt.

Grear Bylls
2018-08-28, 11:36 AM
I'm also playing a Dwarf Fighter 2 / Wizard (Abjurer) 8. Durability is absolutely insane. If you want to BB or GFB, you can dish out a couple big hits with Haste. I remind myself, even though I have a very hearty AC and great defensive capabilities, I'm still a Wizard, including hit points.

I like sitting in back and using battlefield control and debuffs, but if some poor sap engages me in melee, he's in for a world of hurt.

Hmm... I've been doing the opposite. I built mine and play mine like a fighter, complete with GWF and GWM. It does have the HP of a fighter due to the ward, and has better defenses than a sword and board. Shield and Absorb Elements are quite powerful

Deox
2018-08-28, 11:50 AM
Hmm... I've been doing the opposite. I built mine and play mine like a fighter, complete with GWF and GWM. It does have the HP of a fighter due to the ward, and has better defenses than a sword and board. Shield and Absorb Elements are quite powerful

Not a bad route, and in fact, if my group composition allowed for it, I would find myself doing the exact same. I find it more beneficial with the current makeup to let the others get whacked around and I can step in here and there.