PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Seeking plot ideas and suggestions!

Dovahkiin62
2018-08-28, 08:29 AM
One of my players runs a tiefling detective who suffers from bouts of amnesia brought on through an abyssal connection to his demonic mother.

Thus far, I have run a few interactions with her that have effectively unsettled the player, and left some ominous hints that she has plans for him.

My problem is that I don't yet have a clear idea on what purpose mummy has for her boy, and I turn to you, Hivemind, for your suggestions.

Here are some of my initial thoughts:
- She is using her son to gain access to a good aligned intelligence organization (a sleeper agent, if you will)
- Her son is the specific heir to a bloodline on his father's side: Only descendants of a certain individual, dynasty, or house can wield the macguffin, access the ancient tomb, or unlock the secret.

However I am looking for other ideas, and welcome any questions or feedback!

DeTess
2018-08-28, 08:51 AM
maybe the Mother isn't actively trying to (ab)use her son? Maybe she's merely trying to teach him some harsh but important lessons, and turn the world in one in which her son would be able to thrive more easily. Of course, the mother is a powerful demon, so her methods are those of a a powerful demon (There's a powerful church discriminating against Tieflings? She'll want to burn it down. 'Demonic power' is considered unclean? She'll push it into the mainstream by force, etc.).

basically, she's doing things, and suing him to do things, that she believes to be in his best interests. Maybe they'd even objectively make the world a better place for him, but they're quite horrible for a lot of other people.