PDA

View Full Version : Build help! (Pathfinder Gestalt, Future mythic, Decent optimizing, more fun)

ZephyrWiles
2018-08-28, 10:35 AM
Okay, Playground, I need your help here. I don't get into pathfinder games all that often and that's saying nothing of Gestalt Mythic games. So, I honestly don't have much of a clue on what to bring here. As far as I know, everyone else seems like they're building front-line or gimmicky (one guy is doing a 'gotta go fast' character) builds but I don't think we have any full casters. I would take up that role, but my problem is that I don't really have much of a mind for book keeping or picking out spells. I should also mention that I'm playing s Kitsune, so, I would love something with Dex/Cha synergy as well as cool, out of combat stuff while being decent in combat.

I'm honestly very open to suggestions as I'm pretty stumped here and I've only got today and tomorrow to sort this out.

EDIT: I realized I forgot to but our building rules in. Here they are.

-25 point buy
-2 traits max
- Any race above 14 rp must go thourth me
-Geslat
-All Pazio classes allowed expect for summoner and summoner archtypes
-You chose unchained or unchained version, i do not care
- Classes from any source book are allowed as long as you ask and i can reiew it real quick
- will be using "the elephant in the room:Feat taxes in pathfinder"
-Make somthing and strong but dont be a baby bitch and make somthing that just ruins the game
-Path of war is by deafult allowed
-starting lvl is 4

ezekielraiden
2018-08-28, 10:40 AM
Okay, Playground, I need your help here. I don't get into pathfinder games all that often and that's saying nothing of Gestalt Mythic games. So, I honestly don't have much of a clue on what to bring here. As far as I know, everyone else seems like they're building front-line or gimmicky (one guy is doing a 'gotta go fast' character) builds but I don't think we have any full casters. I would take up that role, but my problem is that I don't really have much of a mind for book keeping or picking out spells. I should also mention that I'm playing s Kitsune, so, I would love something with Dex/Cha synergy as well as cool, out of combat stuff while being decent in combat.

I'm honestly very open to suggestions as I'm pretty stumped here and I've only got today and tomorrow to sort this out.

There's an Unchained Ninja from Everyman Gaming on the PFSRD that might be worth checking out. It may even be compatible with the special Kitsune archetype for the regular Ninja. Strong Dex/Cha synergy, and ninja tricks/rogue talents for non-combat.

FinalParadigm
2018-08-28, 01:50 PM
One thing to consider is what mythic path you want to be taking. Trickster, Archmage, or Crusader could be great options based on your class selection. You mentioned liking a character that was based on cha or dex and also that your party was lacking a full spellcaster. Here are some strong synergy builds meeting those requirements:
Bard 20/Sorcerer 20- best skill list in the game for bards and both classes use charisma for their casting stat. Gain 9th level sorc spells and 6th level bard spells along with a bunch of skill points to use out of combat
Rogue 20/Sorcerer 4/ Arcane Trickster 10/ Sorcerer 6- Lot of options for this build. Load of skill points from rogue. At 5th level you can start taking arcane trickster to gain even more sneak attack damage without sacrificing any spell casting ability. Charisma is a great ability for Rogues who wanna be a face, or that want to bluff and intimidate all their foes into submission. Lot of strong options for this build and I would recommend trickster mythic path.
Sorcerer 4/Oracle 4/ Mystic theurge 10/ Paladin 10/ Sorcerer 6/Oracle 6- This is an absolute monster build for spell casting with Charisma based Characters. Both spell casting classes use Charisma and you gain 9th level spells with each. Take mystic theurge because you can, and take Paladin so you make even more use from your Charisma(Cha bonus to saves) and get some more hp. One thing this build lacks is skill points though so you need to take some more utility spells. I recommend buff spells with your Oracle slots and blaster/buff spells with your sorcerer slots. Take Archmage or Crusader path and destroy everyone.

There are even more options if you can afford multiple high ability scores, for example rogue/wizard can have an enormous amount of skill points. Sorcerer/Wizard can blast continuously without worrying about spell slots. Rogue/bard gets amazing skills and some useful spells. Bard/Paladin gets good skills and can stack charisma to win.

Even more options are available depending on how much you value dexterity. For example you could play a dexterity fighter/ ranger gestalt with a sorcerer and take levels in arcane archer when you qualify.

ZephyrWiles
2018-08-28, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestions you two. I'll look into the Unchained Ninja. And while those builds looked cool, I should've mentioned that we can't multiclass but and 3pp should be fine as long as I run it by the GM and it's not straight homebrew. I appreciated the held and I'll still be open to suggestions til Thursday.

Andor13
2018-08-28, 06:46 PM
If 3pp is ok then I would have a look at the Dreamscarred press stuff.

Personally I've had an itch to play a Kitsune Soul Knife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/) War Soul (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/war-soul-soulknife-archetype/) using the Discipline Blade Shape blade skill to make any weapon I want appear out of thin air, but refluffing it as a Kitsune using his native transformation/illusion magic to make his weapons out of local materials. Pluck a hair from his head and transform it into a daikyu, pluck a blown leaf from the wind and fit it to his bow as an arrow, that sort of thing.

That would take care of your dex based martial skill needs. Since it's gestalt you can fill in with the casting class of your choice. I have yet to play a full caster in PF, so I understand your hesitation. I think if you picked a limited selection caster like sorcerer/wizard/witch then it will be easier to handle than a full selection caster like a cleric or druid, since you only need to examine the full breadth of possible spells when leveling up (or shopping.) If your party needs a healer, then both Witches and Oracles can be fully competent healers by picking the right patron/archetype/mystery.

2018-08-29, 10:40 AM
One thing I like doing for PF gestalt, barring having a specific cross-class combo in mind, is to take a regular build and throw URogue (Phantom Thief) on the other side. This adds at least 2 skill points per level, gives you a good Ref save/evasion/improved uncanny dodge, gives you access to Rogue Talents and Vigilante Social Talents, gives you large bonuses to skills of your choice, and lets you play with Unchained Skills sooner than anybody else. You have to give up Sneak Attack, but if you didn't wanna be dependent on precision damage (or weren't intending to make lots of full attacks anyway), this is hardly a costly tradeoff. It even exchanges Trap Sense for an ability that gives a scaling bonus to any Bluff/Sense Motive/initiative check involving somebody trying to gain a surprise round through deceit - which is probably going to be you a lot, if you're playing a Kitsune "master of disguise" type.

In short, Phantom Thief takes the ridiculous defensive and skill abilities of the rogue and slaps them onto whatever you're gestalting with it - and this can be a powerful and synergistic combination of the other side is a caster that has neglected defense/skills for ULTIMATE POWER.

JMS
2018-08-31, 08:52 AM
Well, I would recommend DSP's Aegis//Anything moderately int based, given that the Aegis should be known as Gestalt heaven, with almost no action economy drain, and boosts to melee in particular. however, cha based... DSP's Wilder - Full caster, but with low powers known. If you are interested in PoW, the Rajah is a backline, supporting, healing and buffing initiator, who tends to move towards a bit of a full caster role, and can make a great face, check it out!

one cool build could be Rajah 20//Oracle or paladin or anything to give cha to anything, maybe even an Aegis, for defense.

Hunter Noventa
2018-08-31, 10:44 AM
If you're going Mythic and are a Ninja, be extra broken by taking a legendary item with the 'Undetectable' power. Now every time you ninja vanish, nothing at all can find you. Presumably 'by any method' includes physical contact. I'm not sure how that works, but that's par for the course for Mythic rules.