PDA

View Full Version : Swiftblade Assassin

cartejos
2018-08-28, 11:59 AM
I think Death Attack is a cool mechanic, and I want to see about making a decent character that uses it.
I also think the swiftblade Time Stop ability is sweet, and this feels like a alright way to use it. Not good, but not the worst you could do.

Let me know if there are any flaws with this theory:
Time Stop Haste for 4 rounds (I believe you can stop it early, if not, just do something else until you have 4 rounds remaining)
Use Goggles of Scrutiny to study an opponent for 2 rounds, and then another opponent for 2 rounds
On the round where you can finally hit things after time stop ends you can make the death attack for the first opponent, since it is still within the 3 round time limit. And if possible you could also hit the second target, or hit them within another 2 rounds.
Two Death attacks for One casting of Haste

What is the best source of Death Attack in this scenario? Would Wyrm Wizard to get Haste onto Assassin spell list be enough?
My thinking to the WW/Assassin question is that it isn't good enough.
Swiftblade loses 4 caster levels over 10 class levels. Assassin is at least 1 more lost level. Meaning at most, 15th level casting with Assassin/Swiftblade.
More levels are going to be lost finding the Sneak Attack.
I'm unsure what levels to sink into assassin, they will result in the loss of caster levels of the base class that might be used to enter Swiftblade.