PDA

View Full Version : Zman's P2 4th Level Arena(Unound): Bardarok

Zman
2018-08-29, 07:16 AM
Zman's Arena: Brunnyip Mu'kraker and Tol'Vrei Whiestletree

"Enter the Arena!", the loud voice boomed and reverberated through the massive arena.

The doors in front of you open wide revealing a small room beyond. Further the hallway continues, the floor stained red, The Hall of Arrows lies ahead.

As you look up you see the opaque black ceiling, knowing that beyond it are the spectators. Hundreds of them. You glance around but are unable to spot the magic eyes you know are watching, giving the hundreds beyond a view of your trial.

The voice booms again, "Begin. Let us test the nature of your mettle."

Initiative: Choose the order of your party, it will stay in that order throughout the entirety of the dungeon. Your team will act, then the dungeon will act. The round counter will continue every single round. Occasionally there might be a repetitive action, if you as me to repeatedly try an action I will post repetitive actions, or you can and tell me when the action ceases.

OOC Information: Please try and keep the mechanical stuff in spoilers, a brief description of your characters actions, or an in depth roleplaying of them are equally welcome. Others will likely go through your arena run, might as well make it an exciting and enjoyable read to add to the mechanical crunch.

Brunnyip Character Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SxJQUQx2J3AE0R3Vr1_lDxPaGniOyPMs3AtSh81z5-w/edit#gid=0)
Tol'VrielCharacter Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bJonRVCt_C2lwUQOEfu94JA1RTnB3zIV6T9vDBR4K5o/edit#gid=0)

MAP: Here is your Map! (https://drive.google.com/open?id=13j3qu0Rq8G2vv5-e6phQs3oaqGFQKaTCo6HMujOwrzQ) When you need to move, just tell me the map coordinates you are moving to any any particular path you want to take.

If you are unsure of anything, just post with your questions in the spoiler or PM me. If there are dependent actions, we can take them piecemeal. Don't be afraid of writing out a string of if then statements to speed things along.

Make sure you roll in the thread only, preferably in the spoiler tags. Sometimes I will post rolls in do not peek spoilers, so on your honor.

Zman
2018-08-29, 07:20 AM
It takes less than a second before your eyes spot the red stained floor.

Brunyip's eyes grow wider as he spots the trap. Holes, large enough for bolts to pass through, line the wall for thirty feet ending as it opens to the room beyond.

Round 1
Describe how you are currently equipped, ie what are you holding in your hands.

Brunyip has spotted a trap. The hallway is 10' wide and 30' long and some kind of arrow trap, hence the name "Hallway of Arrows". You do not spot a control panel.

B[roll0]
T[roll1]

Bardarok
2018-08-29, 11:23 AM
Tol'Vrei shifts his weight from side to side as he survey's the room. The bright orange and red ribbons attached to his wrists, belt, and the mantle of his dancers garb sway as he does so. His companion Brun'yip stands still in his slate gray plate a drab block of dwarven steel next to Tol'vrei's bright shifting elven energy.

"Trap. No Panel." barks Brunyip
"Damnation! Perhaps we could spend some time more carefully examining the room and consider our plans before we do anything rash."
"Nah."

Sighing Tol'Vrei knows his reckless companion too well and begins to speak words of encouragement and inspiration. He steps up to the edge of the trapped hallway and raises an occult shield just in case.

Brunyip, ever reckless, raises his shield and marches down the hallway

Tol'Vrei
1: Stride to D13
2: Seek on Hallway (didn't realize this was an option first time but this is totally the Tol'Vrei more cautious approach)
3: Cast Shield on Self

Brunyip
1: Raise Shield
2: Stride to E12
If nothing changes Stride to I12 with action 3

Zman
2018-08-29, 08:47 PM
Tol'Vriel advances cautiously, taking his time to look around... and can't seem to find anything out of place. He doubts the existence of the trap until Brunnyip passes him and his foot steps on the first pressure play giving way to an audible whip snap as an arrow was loosed...

Brunnyip is cautious in his own way, raising his shield and readying himself... one arrow snaps across in front of his hip at stem height, but not close enough for him to need to block it with his shield...

T[roll0] [roll1]

Vs Brunnyip [roll2] Damage[roll3][roll4][roll5]

Brunnyip has 1 Action left. Confirm if you want him to keep advancing.

Bardarok
2018-08-29, 11:03 PM
Yup Brunyip will push forward unless he notices something different. He will use shield block to block the first arrow that hits him too just cause I never actually used that the first time. It's not the best strategy but it's the one I went with the first time so I am sticking with it.

Zman
2018-08-30, 09:21 PM
Brunnyip continues to barrel forward, arrows begin snapping past him... he snaps his shield up to deflect one arrow, but another grazes his leg. The rink rink of arrow deflecting off his shield liters the air... it becomes obvious that in his life and death dance that none of the arrows are flying below the knee...

Vs Brunnyip
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3] Hit: Blocked for 0 Damage
[roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7] Git: 6 Damage
[roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11]
[roll12][roll13][roll14][roll15]

Sorry about post quality, on my phone at my soon to be in laws.

Bardarok
2018-08-31, 09:44 AM
"Solved it!" exclaims Brynuip as he drops to the ground and begins to crawl forward being careful to stay beneath the lowest arrow point, "My gan'pappy Dirt always said crawl on the floor to avoid arrow traps!"
'He did not!" says Tol'Vrei exasperatedly.

Round 2
Tol'Vrei
1: Drop to prone
2: Crawl
3: Crawl

Brunyip
1: Drop Prone

Round 3
Tol'Vrei
1: Crawl

Brunyip
1: Stand up
2: Seek North
3: Seek South

Round 4
Tol'Vrei
1: Crawl
3: Stand (Not in K13)

Brunyip
1: Stow Shield
2: Move to N12
3: Seek on Door

Zman
2018-09-02, 05:35 PM
The two challengers crawled across the floor, Tol'Vriel paces behind Brunnyip's reckless charge...

Brunnyip spends some time examining the area around him, not finding anything of note. It appears to be a simple closed door.

As before, nothing to find about the door.

Round 5

PS I'm married!

Bardarok
2018-09-04, 09:23 AM
Seeing no trap the two prepare to enter the next room...

"Ready Vrei?" asks Brunyip

Tol'Vrei adjusts his grip on his bow, "Ready"

"Let's Rock and Roll" Brunyip opens the door.

Round 5
Tol'Vrei
1: Stow Raper
2: Draw Bow
3: Cast Shield

Brunyip
1: Open Door
2: Draw Shield
3: Raise Shield

PS: Congratulations! Also I know there is nothing to see with the seek action there but they don't.

Zman
2018-09-04, 09:39 PM
As the double wide doors swing open a grand hall opens beyond filled with four platforms. Immediately beyond the door lies a large platform decorated with four pillars and a large wheel at its center. There are two smaller platforms off to the sides. Standing on those platforms are pairs of shambling skeletons with bows in their hands. Across the way is a small platform.

On the largest platform, in addition to the four pillars three draw bridges are standing upright. One, the largest looks to fall forward towards a small platform and an iron door. The two smaller drawbridges look to fall to the smaller platforms. It appears the drawbridges connected to the large wheel by chains, some contraption capable of dropping all three of them. The chains are visible as the base of the bridges.

Crossing the gulf between the large and smaller platforms is a narrow an treacherous beam. Falling off the beam looks to be a steep fall as twice as tall as a man.

Away from the smaller platforms in the open area stand taller pillars, each appears to have some kind of glistening blue vial on top of them.

Skeletons

Four skeleton guardians begin knocking arrows and loosing death from their shortbows...

S1(3) Vs Ac22(+2)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll0] Damage[roll1] Critical[roll2] [roll3]
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll4] Damage[roll5]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll6] Damage[roll7]

S2(3) Vs Ac22(+2)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll8] Damage[roll9] Critical[roll10] [roll11]
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll12] Damage[roll13]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll14] Damage[roll15]

S3(3) Vs Ac22(+2)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll16] Damage[roll17] Critical[roll18] [roll19]
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll20] Damage[roll21]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll22] Damage[roll23]

S4(3) Vs Ac22(+2)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll24] Damage[roll25] Critical[roll26] [roll27] Critical: 9 Damage. Would you like to React and Block?
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll28] Damage[roll29]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll30] Damage[roll31]

Found out the devs have weighed in and if you don't equal their AC, a natural 20 to hit is not a critical. Essentially a dev said the way the wrote it is not the way its intended, pg 292 overrules 178. It doesn't look like it every came into play in your last run, so no harm no foul.

Round 6(Depending on your Reaction)

Bardarok
2018-09-05, 09:38 AM
Tol'Vrei steps up to Brunyip and with a muttering of occult words and a flourish of the hand touches Brunyip's shoulder. The dwarf begins to blurr his outline becoming indistinct, "God's Speed my friend"

Brunyip bursts into the room tried to break the wheel like a dragon queen he knew once.

Yes let's try blocking I am rather suspicious of the blocking mechanics because I think shields don't have enough hardness but certainly blocking an incoming arrow with a shield seems like it should be a good strategy so if it turns out it isn't I think that's a game design issue.

So steel shields have a hardness of 5 so Brunyip take 4 damage instead of 9 and the shield takes one dent.

Round 6
Tol'Vrei
1: Stride to N12
2&3: Cast Blurr on Brunyip

Brunyip
2: Stride to R12
3: Athletics Check (is this a break open check?)
If it's Break open (with attack tag) then [roll0]
If it's not break open (no attack tag) then [roll1]

Interesting on Crits. So if 20+modifier is a miss than a nat 20 upgrades it to a hit but not a critical hit. So similarly if 1+mod is a success does a nat 1 mean a normal failure instead of a critical failure?

Zman
2018-09-05, 08:29 PM
Brunnyip snaps his shield up just in time to catch the incoming arrow, the head and a couple inches of arrow punch right though the shied, just above his hand... Unphased Brunnyip keeps his damaged shield raised as he strides forward to the great wheel. With a heave he puts his back into it and it turns, the gears grinding. Step by step it feels to loosen...

Skeletons

The small horde of skeletons against draw and loose their arrows...

Shield stops 5 damage, takes one dent. The trick with shields is you get to know the damage first, you only block the ones you can stop without taking a dent, unless you're low on HP and need it. And then I'd call it worth it for sure.

S1(6) vs Brunnyip
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll0] Damage[roll1][roll2][roll3]
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll4] Damage[roll5]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll6] Damage[roll7]

S2(6) vs Brunnyip
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll8] Damage[roll9][roll10][roll11]
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll12] Damage[roll13]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll14] Damage[roll15]

S3(6) vs Brunnyip
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll16] Damage[roll17][roll18][roll19]
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll20] Damage[roll21]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll22] Damage[roll23]

S4(6) vs Brunnyip
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll24] Damage[roll25][roll26][roll27] Hit: 1 Damage. Shield Block, 0 Damage
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll28] Damage[roll29]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll30] Damage[roll31]

I'm assuming you'll shield block there.

Round 7!

Bardarok
2018-09-06, 09:51 AM
As Brunyip turns the great wheel Tol'Vrei begins an inspirational chant

T! . . T.U.R! . . T. U.Rn that wheel. If you get hurt well then I'll heal!

Yah I get that idea of shields but having a game design where you don't want t block the big hit because it is easier to fix your face than the shield is problematic. Though really that seems to go away at higher levels since it's one resonance for an oil of mending which instantly removes a dent and then quick repair moves the repair time down to 10 minutes, something reasonable to do even in a dungeon (though not a timed dungeon)

Anyways

Tol'Vrei
1: Inspire Competence
2: Shield
3: Step back to K 13

-Tol'Vrei Reacts here to aid on the first break open check [roll0]

Brunyip
1: Break Open [roll1] +/- Tol'Vrei's Aid
2: Break Open [roll2]
3: Break Open [roll3]

So I didn't do it since I was unsure but Break Open has the attack tag and inspire courage gives +1 on all attack rolls, so would inspire courage give +1 on all break open checks?

Zman
2018-09-06, 08:29 PM
With another heave the wheel turns more, easier this time.

Skeletons

The shambling undead litter the area surrounding Brunyip with arrows...

S1(9)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll0]Damage[roll1]Critical[roll2][roll3] Hit: 1
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll4]Damage[roll5]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll6]Damage[roll7]

S2(9)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll8]Damage[roll9]Critical[roll10][roll11] Hit: 6
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll12]Damage[roll13]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll14]Damage[roll15]

S3(9)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll16]Damage[roll17]Critical[roll18][roll19]
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll20]Damage[roll21]
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll22]Damage[roll23]

S4(9)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll24]Damage[roll25]Critical[roll26][roll27]
Action 2: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll28]Damage[roll29] Hit: 3
Action 3: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll30]Damage[roll31]

Ouch, 11 Damage.

Success, missed Crit success by 1. Almost had the wheel in one. 1 success to go, only DC15.

Interesting. It has the attack tag and would benefit from inspire courage... but, as an attack it actually suffers from the Multiple Attack Penalty which I did not realize. So successive Break Opens suffer a -5 and -10. I didn't rule it that way the first run, so I won't this one. But its a big FYI, anything with the attack tag suffers the MAP.

Turn 8

Bardarok
2018-09-06, 08:49 PM
Brunyip continues to turn the wheel. Tol'Vrei continues to sing and dance as a a bard would.

oh man you are right. Attack tag means multiple attack penalty, well the second and third didn't work anyways but still good point. Isn't it DC 19 for unbound? If it was DC 15 then Brunyip should just use assurance.

Tol'Vrei
1: Shield
2: Inspire Competence
3: Chillax

Brunyip
1: Raise Shield (will react to block if damage won't dent the shield)
2: break Open 1d20+9

3: break Open [roll0]
R: Tol'Vrei will aid on this second with [roll1]

Bardarok
2018-09-06, 08:50 PM
I messed up that first break open check [roll0]

Zman
2018-09-06, 09:50 PM
With one further attempt Brunnyip gives a heave and the wheel spins free, the immense weight of the drawbridges enough to turn the handle behind him into a deadly mace... he manages to turn on his deal and interpose his damaged shield between himself and the deadly bludgeon saving his back the blow he is flund safely out of the spinning death trap...

Brunnyip Reflex [roll0] If failed [roll1] Bludgeoning damage and prone Reaction: Shield Block 0 Damage

Brunnyip has one action left.

Bardarok
2018-09-08, 12:03 AM
Brunyip stands up to his full 4'2" height, looks at the skeletons across the drawbridge and says "Come and get me you boney sonnies o' bitchies."

Brunyip
3: Stand up

Zman
2018-09-08, 08:36 PM
Skeletons

The skeletons each reach back and draw their last arrows, once loosed they drop their bows and draw their blades... none of their arrows hit as the shampling undead stride across the newly lowered drawbridges...

S1(10)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical[roll2][roll3]
Free: Drop Shortbow
Action 2: Draw Scimitar
Action 3: Stride

S2(10)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll4] Damage [roll5] Critical[roll6][roll7]

S3(10)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll8] Damage [roll9] Critical[roll10][roll11]

S4(10)
Action 1: Ranged Strike Shortbow [roll12] Damage [roll13] Critical[roll14][roll15]

Round 9

Bardarok
2018-09-08, 11:06 PM
With the drawbridges down the duo spring into action. Tol'Vrei looses arrows while Brunyip's blurred form charges towards the approaching skeletons.

Tolv'rei
1: Inspire Courage
2: Stride to O10
3: Ranged Strike vs S4 [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit:[roll2] + Deadly [roll3]

Brunyip
1&2: Sudden Charge to S9
Pick Attack [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Crit:[roll6]

3: Shield Bash (or raise shield if it died)
Attack [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Crit:[roll9]

Zman
2018-09-09, 10:37 PM
As Tol'Vriel moves forward shouting words of encouragement, Brunnyip charges at the first oncoming skeleton. With the force of his charge behind him he smashed the pick through the skeletons spine, as he pulls free the whole things falls apart, bones skittering across the round and over the drawbridge's edges... with the first dispatched he readies his shield...

Skeletons

The skeletons continue their advance, thier skimitars moving in dangerous arcs... one nears Brunnyip's blurred form, but its a near miss.

S1
Action 1: Stride
Action 2: Strike Scimitar [roll0] Damage[roll1] Critical [roll2] Hit: 6 Damage Blocked by Blurr, see following post.
Action 3: Strike Scimitar [roll3] Damage[roll4]

S3 Flank
Action 2: Stride
Action 3: Strike Scimitar [roll5] Damage[roll6] Critical [roll7]

S4
Action 2: Stride
Action 3: Strike Scimitar [roll8] Damage[roll9] Critical [roll10]

Brunnyip was hit, does he want to Shield Block?

Round 10

Bardarok
2018-09-10, 01:52 PM
Tol'Vrei plinks another arrow at the skeletons while Brunyip goes to town with Pick and shield.

6 damage would dent his shield again so I guess no. Strange rule. He will take the damage and move on to the next round. Did you roll blurr though? Brunyip had blurr cast on him back in round 6.

Round 10
Tol'Vrei
2: Inspire Courage
3: Fire arrow at S1
Attack:
If Crit: [roll2] + Deadly [roll]1d10+

Brunyip
Start attacks targeting S3 if S3 dies move on to S4 then to S1. Basically leaving the one on the bridge for

1&2: Double Slice

Pick Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
If Crit: [roll5]

Shield Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
If Crit: [roll8]

3: Pick Attack
Pick Attack: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
If Crit: [roll11]

Zman
2018-09-10, 09:31 PM
Tol'Vriel's arrow finds its mark entering through the eyesock. A moment later the skeleton simply fell apart.

Brunyip smashed his pick through the spine of his first opponent, with a strong backand he battered the second off the ledge into bony fragments. He spun on his toes, looking for the third almost surprised to find Tol'Vriel had already vanquished it.

Absolutely forgot to roll blurr for you. [roll0]

Well, rolls couldn't have gone much better there. Successful Blurr, then a trio of crits. Brunnyip has one action left on Turn 10. Looks llike you can roll ahead for a while! You know the drill.

Sorry my responses have been slow the last few days. Life has been a bit hectic with short work weeks, a wedding, and a minimoon. Should be better now.

Bardarok
2018-09-11, 02:27 PM
With the enemies defeated the pair prepare to move on to the next room.

"I'll work on the dor Burnyip if you go grab those potions, we may need them"
"Sure thing Vrei"

Okay Brunyips Assurance athletics is sufficient for all this climbing so assume his is always assured when climbing.

Round 10
Brunyip
3: Stow Pick

Round 11
Tol'Vrei
1 Stow Bow
2 Stride to t12
3 Stride to Z12

Brunyip
1 Stow Shield
2 Stride to V9
3 Climb down 5ft drop 5 ft

Round 12
Tol'Vrei
1 Step to Door (AA12)
2 Seek on Door (I know there is nothing but he would do it anyways)
3 Pull out lock picks

Brunyip
1&2 Stride to V4
3 Climb up (Assurance)

Round 13
Tol'Vrei
1&2: Cast Knock
Free check as part of knock: [roll0]
3: Lock Pick [roll1]

Brunyip
1 Climb up (Assurance)
2 Climb Up (Assurance) at top (W4)
3 Grab potion

No worries I am sure things are hectic after the wedding.

Bardarok
2018-09-11, 02:33 PM
Brunyip climbs around the room while Tol'Vrei attempts to pick the lock

And it looks like Tol'Vrei breaks his picks on the first try again. He is not very good at this.

State of Lock
Successes: 0 Lock Picks: Broken

Round 14
Tol'Vrei
1 Pick [roll0]
2 Pick [roll1]
3 Pick [roll2]

Brunyip
1 Stow Potion
2 Climb Down
3 Climb Down + Drop

Round 15
Tol'Vrei
1 Pick [roll3]
2 Pick [roll4]
3 Pick [roll5]

Brunyip
123: Stride a bunch under the bridge to W17

Round 16
Tol'Vrei
1 Pick [roll6]
2 Pick [roll7]
3 Pick [roll8]

Brunyip
1 Stride to W20
2 Climb
3 Climb

Bardarok
2018-09-11, 02:38 PM
Tol'Vrei curses to himself as he struggles with the lock Brunyip recovers both of the potions and starts heading towards Tol'Vrei

Looks like just as many success as critical failures there so no progress on the lock but he doesn't destroy his picks
State of Lock
Successes: 0 Lock Picks: Broken

Round 17
Tol'Vrei
Pick Lock [roll0]
Pick Lock [roll1]
Pick Lock [roll2]

Brunyip
Climb
Grab Potion
Stow Potion

Round 18
Tol'Vrei
Pick Lock [roll3]
Pick Lock [roll4]
Pick Lock [roll5]

Brunyip
Climb
Climb + Drop
Stride to W16

Round 19
Tol'Vrei
Pick Lock [roll6]
Pick Lock [roll7]
Pick Lock [roll8]

Brunyip
Climb Assurance Crit! (very good at climbing up ladders)
Climb Assurance Crit! (very good at climbing up ladders)
Stride to W13

Bardarok
2018-09-11, 02:40 PM
State of Lock
Successes 1

Round 20
Tol'Vrei
Pick Lock [roll0]
Pick Lock [roll1]
Pick Lock [roll2]

Bardarok
2018-09-11, 02:48 PM
"Rootrot!" Tol'Vrei Curses, I don't know if I can get it and my spell is running out.

"We can always try the old fashioned way if it doesn't work out"

Round 20
Brunyip
1 Stride to AA13
2 Pull out shield
3 Pull out Potion of Mending

Round 21
Tol'Vrei
Pick Lock [roll0]
Pick Lock [roll1]
Pick Lock [roll2]

Brunyip
Place Potion of Mending and shield carefully on the ground next to Tol'Vrei
Draw Pick

Bardarok
2018-09-11, 02:52 PM
With a snap Tol'Vreis picks are destroyed

"To hell with it bash the door down Brunyip"

Round 22
Tol'Vrei
2: Grab Shield
3: Grab Potion of Mending

Brunyip
1 Break Open [roll0]
2 Break Open [roll1]
3 Break Open [roll2]

Round 23
Tol'Vrei
2: Use oil of mending on the shield
3: Break Open [roll3]

Brunyip
1 Break Open [roll4]
2 Break Open [roll5]
3 Break Open [roll6]

And the Knock spell fades it has been 10 rounds trying to open the damn door.

Zman
2018-09-11, 08:55 PM
For a moment the crowd can be heard. They are jeering. Then the booming voice of the announcer is heard, "Oh no, this is getting embarrassing. Let them through!"

With a click the stubborn door unlocks and swings its wide doors open revealing a hallway pitted by pits. Each pit has a footwork obstacle to pass through it without having to enter the pit.

That was really pretty bad luck right there.

Round 24 and the Stubborn Door is open.

Bardarok
2018-09-12, 01:11 PM
Brunyip's face turns red and he lift's his pick and takes a deep breath to unleash an angry tirade but Tol'Vrei interrupts before he can begin.

"Calm Brunyip. We are on stage, accept the defeat with grace or you'll only turn the croud against us." Tol'Vrei shrugs sheepishly at the crowd and puts on a boyish grin, "Pobodies Nerfect"

The two head down the hallway Brunyip still mumbling dwarvish curses under his breath.

Round 24
Tol'Vrei
1: Stride to AC12
2: Leap 10ft to AE 12
3: Stride to AG12

Brunyip
1: Stow Pick
2&3: Pull out and drink potion [roll0]

Round 25
Tol'Vrei
1: Leap 15ft to AJ 12
2: Stride to AK14
2: Attempt to walk across the beam
Balance [roll1]

Brunyip
1: Stride to AC13
2: Leap to AE13
3: Stride to AE13

Bardarok
2018-09-12, 01:17 PM
Tol'Vrei takes a moment to check his balance, as he approaches the balance beam across the pit. The dwarf is taking his sweet time climbing so Tol'Vrei proceeds carefully.

Round 26
Tol'Vrei
1: Balance [roll0]
2: Balance [roll1]
3: Balance [roll2]

Brunyip
oops I ment stride to AG13 last round
2: Climb down + Drop
3: Stride across pit

Bardarok
2018-09-12, 01:26 PM
Tol'Vrei makes it across the hallway faster than his armored companion and pauses for a moment to allow Brunyip to catch up. Eager to improve his reputation with the crowed however he draws his rapier and opens up the door while Brunyip is climbing out of the last pit.

Round 27
Tol'Vrei
1: Stride to Door Ak20
2: Seek on Door
3: Seek on Door

Brunyip
1: Climb
2: Climb
3: Stride to AL14

Round 28
Tol'Vrei
1: Draw Rapier
2: Wait
3: Wait

Brunyip
1: Climb Down + Drop
2: Stride Across Pit
3: Climb Up (currently halfway up on AL17)

Round 29
Tol'Vrei

Zman
2018-09-12, 08:31 PM
Tol'Vriel spends long moments examining the frost covered door in front of him. He doesn't notice anything amiss. As he hears Brunnyip huffing and puffing from his vigorous work Tol'Vriel throws the door open wide revealing an open room. Immediately he notices a slick patch of glare ice in front of the door. Around the room located in each of the four corners are hideous misshapen statues...

Tol'Vriel with two actions left on Turn 29

Bardarok
2018-09-13, 04:50 PM
"This is clearly not a trap!" Tol'Vrei moves gingerly across the ice.

This was a stupid plan the first time but I am sticking with it in the name of SCIENCE!

Turn 29

Tol'Vrei
2: Balance [roll0]

If success move to AL24, trigger the gargoyle, scream like a baby halfling and try and turn around and move back to stand by Brunyip

If failure try again to move to AL24 with action 3.

Either way it's another balance roll

3: Balance [roll1]

Zman
2018-09-13, 10:08 PM
Tol'Vriel cautiously crosses the icy floor, as soon as he had crossed over halfway through the room... one of the grotesque looking statues in the south east corner of the room sprang to life. Tol'Vriel turned on his heels and scampered across the ice again. This time fear lighting a fire under him, he his the ice patch at a sprint and slides to the other side without ever wavering...

Yeah, it wasn't your best plan the first time around, haha. Now lets see which ugly wakes up.

Success, and critical success.

[roll0]

Zman
2018-09-13, 10:20 PM
Gargoyle

The mass of living stone unfurled horrid wings from its grotesque back before leaping into the air and chasing after Tol'Vriel uttering a horrid gravely screech...

It quickly catches Tol'Vriel, its wings carrying over the treacherous ice...

Action 1: Fly
Action 2: Melee Strike Jaws [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical[roll2] Hit: 8
Action 3: Melee Strike Jaws [roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical[roll5] Hit: 9

Ouch 17 Damage

Turn 30

Bardarok
2018-09-14, 12:23 PM
Tol'Vrei quickly casts some magic then strikes out at the gargoyles stoney hide. Brunyip hops up out of the pit draws his pick and gets to picking.

I'm going to say it's a better test when they make some mistakes... .... yup that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Round 30
Tol'Vrei
1: Shield (won't react to break shield unless it is life or death)
3: Strike
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit [roll2]+Deadly [roll3]

Brunyip
1: Climb
2: Draw Pick
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Crit [roll6]

Zman
2018-09-14, 01:35 PM
Tol'Vries stabs out with his rapier catching just below the heart. Had the creature not been made of living stone he is sure he would have felled it in one fell stroke...

Brunnyip finally makes his way up the ledge and as he draws his pick the gargoyle swipes at him with its claws... but it misses wildly as Tol'Vriel's strike drove it off balance...

Crit 21 Damage, nice!

Reaction Claw Strike [roll0] Damage[roll1] Critical [roll2] Miss

Brunnyip hits too for 6 damage

Zman
2018-09-14, 01:40 PM
Gargoyle

The gargoyle is furious, directing all of its rage towards Tol'Vriel for his deft strike unleashing with tooth and claw...

Gargoyle lands
Action 1: Melee Strike Jaws [roll0] Damage[roll1] Critical[roll2] Hit: 14 Damage
Action 2: Melee Strike Claws[roll3] Damage[roll4] Critical[roll5]
Action 3: Melee Strike Claws[roll6] Damage[roll7] Critical[roll8]

Turn 31!

Bardarok
2018-09-14, 05:44 PM
"Finish it off Brunyip!" Tol'Vrei yells as he moves to try and flank the Gargoyle.

Brunyip swings his pick wildly.

Tol'Vrei
R: Lingering Composition [roll0]
3: Move to AL20

Brunyip
1: Pick
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

2: Pick
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Crit [roll6]

3: Pick
Attack [roll7]
Damage [roll8]
Crit [roll9]

Zman
2018-09-15, 09:34 PM
Tol'Vriel's words ring hollow, failing to hang on the air... as he skirted behind the gargoyle his diversion allowed Brunnyip to land a solid blow on the findish beast...

Gargoyle

The stony beast institutionally steps away to keep his enemies on one side of him. Sensing the true threat the beast sets out with tooth and claw... Brunnyip was caught off-guard as the gargoyle stepped to his side, he was able to defend agains its jaws. Barely. But the claws raked his thigh dangerously close to the arteries near his groin...

vs Brunnyip
Action 1: Step
Action 2: Melee Strike Jaws [roll0] Damage [roll1] Criitcal [roll2] Hit: 12 Damage
Action 3: Melee Strike Agile Claws [roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5] Critical: 24 Damage

Ouch! 36 Damage!

Turn 32

Bardarok
2018-09-17, 11:39 AM
Tol'Vrei keeps up his magical buffs while throwing a debuff at the gargoyle. Buff and de-buff, light and dark, sweet and sour, that's Tol'Vrei

"Pick! Pick! Pick!" says Brunyip as he swings his pick a bunch.

Tol'Vrei
2&3: Daze on Gargoyle (DC 18)

Brunyip
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit [roll2]

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Crit [roll5]

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Crit [roll8]

Zman
2018-09-17, 01:24 PM
Tol'Vriel's spell has little effect as one of the Gargoyles wings partially obstructs the spell, but the distraction is just enough for Brunnyip to land an awkward blow on the beast. He lodges his pick between its ribs and almost has it ripped from his hand. He is surprised when the gargoyle takes a step and falters, falling to the ground, its life draining away...

Gargoyle Will Save [roll0]

Exact Damage required to kill, nice work. Brunnyip has 2 actions left.

Bardarok
2018-09-17, 01:42 PM
"Whew!" Let me pull out some scrolls to patch us up

"Aye"

Round 32

Brunyip
2: Move to AK20
3: Draw Shield

Round 33
Tol'Vrei
1: Draw Sooth Scroll
2: Cast Soothe on Brunyip
[roll0]

Brunyip
Wait

Bardarok
2018-09-17, 01:44 PM
More Healing

Round 34
Tol'Vrei
123: Draw and Cast Soothe on Brunyip
[roll0]

Round 35
Tol'Vrei
123: Draw and Cast Soothe on Brunyip
[roll1]

Bardarok
2018-09-17, 01:46 PM
round 24
Brunyip
2: Retrieve Potion
3: Hold out for Tol'Vrei

Round 35
Tol'Vrei
1: Take Potion
2: Drink Potion
[roll0]
3: Draw minor potion

Brunyip
1: Draw Shield
2: Attempt to move across Ice
[roll1]
3: Attempt to move across Ice
[roll2]

Bardarok
2018-09-17, 01:53 PM
Tol'Vrei finishes off the duo's last potion while Brunyip falls on his face attempting to cross the ice.

Round 36
Tol'Vrei
1: Drink Minor Helaing Potion
2: Balance across Ice
[roll]1d20+7

3: Try again if necesary1d20+7
Going to AL23

Brunyip
Trying to get to AK23
1: Stand back up
2: try agian [roll1]
3: try agian [roll2]

Bardarok
2018-09-17, 01:54 PM
Tol'Vrei Balance Checks without spaces this time
[roll0]
[roll1]

Bardarok
2018-09-17, 02:00 PM
Tol'Vrei gets across the ice with ease then casts another healing spell on himself drawing upon his own magic rather than the magic of consumables this time. Then he begins to hum a balancing tune to help Brunyip who is still struggling to get across the ice

Round 37
Tol'Vrei
1&2: Soothe lvl 1 on Self [roll0]
3: Inspire Competence
[roll1]

Brunyip
R: Tol'Vrei will aid
[roll2]

second and third try if necessary
[roll3]
[roll4]

Bardarok
2018-09-17, 02:04 PM
Brunyip finally makes it across the ice and stands next to his friend.
"One last healing spell before we go on Yip"

With the party healed the duo move to the door Brunyip looks it over for traps and then Tol'Vrei opens the door.

Round 38
Tol'Vrei
1&2: Soothe (on Brunyip)
[roll0]
3: Move to Door (AL26)

Brunyip
1: Move to Door (AK26)
2&3: Seek on Door

Round 39
Tol'Vrei

Okay finally done with healing and stuff, the party ran out of healing earlier this run though there were some pretty bad rolls in that gargoyle fight, still it's not looking as promising this time.

Zman
2018-09-17, 11:04 PM
Tol'Vriel flings the door open revealing the hall of statues. Aptly named the corner of the hallway is adorned with lifeless suits of armor...

Sorry about the brief post. Forgot and its bed time, haha.

But, it isn't your first rodeo.

Bardarok
2018-09-18, 11:50 AM
"Statues." Grunts Brunyip

"Probably a trap the last room had a statue that tried to kill us." Replies Tol'Vrei

"Yup slow and careful like, shields up"

Brunyip leads as the pair slowly make their way down the hall carefully eyeing the statues. Brunyip keeps his steel shield raised while Tol'Vrei keeps up his arcane one.

Nope. It's my second rodeo

Round 39
Tol'Vrei
3: Shield

Brunyip
2: Stride to AK30
3: Seek on statues in the corner should be able to get three with a 15 ft burst(AM32, AL33, AJ 33)

Round 40
Tol'Vrei
2: Stride to AK29
3: Seek on the same three statues that brunyip did

Brunyip
2: Stride to AK32
3: Seek on AG30 and AI30 statues.

Zman
2018-09-19, 02:41 PM
The two challenges cautiously advance, seeing nothing wrong with the normal statues...

Turn 41

Just some Rolls
[roll0]

Bardarok
2018-09-19, 03:14 PM
Tol'Vrei and Brunyip continue down the hall each checking the statues. Maybe it's a feint? Unsure they move cautiously with shields raised.

This is the plan for round 41 and 42 just jump in wherever you think it is appropriate.

Because having the shield destroyed/dispelled seems like a pretty big cost to pay neither will block unless the damage is below their shield's hardness.

Round 41
Tol'Vrei
2: Stride to AJ 32
3: Seek on AG30 and AI30 statues.

Brunyip
2: Stride to AG 31
3: Seek on Statues in AE33 and AF33

Round 42
Tol'Vrei
2: Move to AH 31
3: Seek on Statues in AE33 and AF33

Brunyip
assuming no traps now
1: Move to AE32
2: Seek on Door
3: Stow Pick

Zman
2018-09-20, 03:06 PM
Just some roles

[roll0]

Zman
2018-09-20, 03:10 PM
More rolls
[roll0]

Zman
2018-09-20, 03:19 PM
As the thorough challengers cautiously venture forth, two of the statues shutter to life.

Animated Armor

The two suites shamble forward, both closing on their closest prey, Tol'Vriel...

A1
Action 1: Melee Strike Glaive [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical [roll2]
Action 2: Melee Strike Guantlet [roll3] Damage [roll4]
Action 3: Melee Strike Guantlet [roll5] Damage [roll6]

A2
Action 1: Melee Strike Glaive [roll7] Damage [roll8] Critical [roll9] Hit: 8 Damage
Action 2: Melee Strike Guantlet [roll10] Damage [roll11]
Action 3: Melee Strike Guantlet [roll12] Damage [roll13]

Turn 42

Bardarok
2018-09-20, 03:46 PM
"There it is!" shouts Tol'Vrei as he strikes out with his rapier

"Mu'kraker!" Brunyip barrels into the fray with pick and shield.

Round 42

Tol'Vrei
3: Attack S1

Rapier
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit [roll2] + Deadly [roll3]

Brunyip
1: Stride to AI 32
1&2: Dual Slice vs S1

Pick
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Crit [roll6]

Shield
Attack [roll7]
Damage [roll8]
Crit [roll9]

Zman
2018-09-22, 09:34 AM
Tol'Vriel lands a precise blow with his rapier but the thin blade fails to find purchase. Brunyip follows up with a strong double blow, crumpling and heavily damaging the side of the suit of armor.

Armor

The nearly ruined suit of armor turns on Brunnyip while the other continues against Tol'Vriel...

S1 takes two dents and is Broken

A1 vs Brunnyip
Action 1: Melee Strike Glaive [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical [roll2] Critical: 19 Damage, Ouch
Action 2: Melee Strike Glaive [roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5]
Action 3: Melee Strike Glaive [roll6] Damage [roll7]

A2 vs Tol'Vriel
Action 1: Melee Strike Glaive [roll8] Damage [roll9] Critical [roll10]
Action 2: Melee Strike Glaive [roll11] Damage [roll12] Critical [roll13]
Action 3: Melee Strike Glaive [roll14] Damage [roll15]

Turn 43~

Bardarok
2018-09-24, 03:21 PM
Seeing his rapier glance harmlessly off of the armor Tol'Vrei switches tactics and attempts to assist Brunyips deadlier strikes.

Let's try something new:

Round 43
Tol'Vrei
3: Assist Brunyip's attack against S1 (provide a bonus to Brunyip's attack in success)
Roll: [roll0]

Brunyip
Attack [roll1] +Assist maybe
Damage [roll2]
If Crit: [roll3]

...I'll see if that works before posting the rest of round 43

Zman
2018-09-24, 03:38 PM
With Tol'Vriel's assistance Brunnyip is able to land another, more forceful blow...

Another hit. Armor was broken last turn and AC is only 14. So, the assist is successful, but your hit is not high enough for a critical.

Bardarok
2018-09-24, 04:07 PM
Brunyip heartened by the success of his first strike continues raining down blows on the armor

2&3: Dual Slice

Pick [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

Shield
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Crit: [roll5]

Zman
2018-09-26, 01:57 PM
Brunnyip manages another series of strikes, each ringing like a bell off the solid metal of the armor....

Animated Armor

The suits of animated armor continue their assault, a grinding grown escaping the damaged suit as metal in its hinges rub together... the strikes are relentless, pressing both Brunnyip and Tol'Vriel to their limits, the blows inching nearer and nearer, striking withing inches of their lives...

Hit and a Miss, too bad, a second hit would have been fatal.

A1 vs Brunnyip
Action 1: Melee Strike Glaive [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical [roll2] Hit: 22 Damage
Action 2: Melee Strike Glaive [roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5] Hit: 4 Damage Note: Raised Shield could have prevented this. *Reactive Shield
Action 3: Melee STrike Agile Guantlet [roll6] Damage [roll7]

A2 vs Tol'Vriel
Action 1: Melee Strike Glaive [roll8] Damage [roll9] Critical [roll10] Hit: 5 Damage
Action 2: Melee Strike Glaive [roll11] Damage [roll12] Critical [roll13] Hit: 5 Damage
Action 3: Melee STrike Agile Guantlet [roll14] Damage [roll15]

Ouch!

Round 44

Bardarok
2018-09-26, 03:05 PM
Lacking a better play the duo continues to fight valiantly.

Well let's use reactive shield to get that shield up to block that hit vs Brunyip since that's what the feat is for and he hasn't used his reaction.

Round 44

Tol'Vrei
3: Assist vs S1 [roll0]

Brunyip
1: Pick Attack
Attack [roll1]+ assist if applicable
Damage [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

... wait to see how that resolves.

Bardarok
2018-09-26, 03:07 PM
Tol'Vrei tries to assit but Brunyip completely misses his attack

Brunyip
2&3 double slice vs S1
Pick
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit [roll2]

Shield
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Crit [roll5]

R: Reaction to do reactive shield if attacked

Zman
2018-09-26, 07:44 PM
With assistance from his ally, Brunnip finally batters the first suit of armor down...

Animated Armor

The last standing suit of armor continues to press Tol'Vriel...

A2 vs Tol'Vriel
Action 1: Melee Strike Glaive [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical[roll2] Hit: 5 Damage
Action 2: Melee Strike Glaive [roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5]
Action 3: Melee Strike Guantlet [roll6] Damage [roll7]

Man, luck makes a difference, the timely crits in the last one really made a difference, this grind has the dice falling ugly for you.

Round 45

Bardarok
2018-09-28, 10:08 AM
With one armor down Tol'Vrei moves to flank the remaining threat and attempts to make an opening so that Brunyip can finish it.

Round 45

Tol'Vrei
2: Stride AL 30 to flank
3: Assist Brunyip's Attack
[roll0]

Brunyip
1: Step to AJ31
2&3: Double Slive

Pick
Attack [roll1] +Brunyip's Assist vs flanking
Damage [roll2]
If Crit [roll3]

Shield
Attack [roll4] +Brunyip's Assist vs flanking
Damage [roll5]
If Crit [roll6]

Zman
2018-10-01, 02:46 PM
Hit Dent

Crit Broken

Zman
2018-10-01, 02:50 PM
Animated Armor

The last remaining animated suit of armor takes a beating and attempts to give as good as it got....

Vs Brunnyip
Action 1: Melee Strike Glaive [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical [roll2] Miss
Action 2: Melee Strike Glaive [roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5] Miss
Action 3: Melee Strike Glaive [roll6] Damage [roll7] Miss

Round 46

Apologize for the delay, I somehow missed/forgot I was up.

Bardarok
2018-10-02, 03:46 PM
With a glorious melody Tol'Vrei harries the armors back plate while Brunyip goes in for the kill... or dent... or whatever.

Yah no worries I have been pretty slow to respond as well. Second time through is a bit less engaging.

Round 46
Tol'Vrei
2: Assist Brunyip's Attack
[roll0]
3: Shield

Brunyip
1&2: Double Slice
Pick
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit [roll3]

Shield
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
If Crit [roll6]

Attack [roll7]
Damage [roll8]
If Crit [roll9]

Zman
2018-10-02, 09:38 PM
Spurred on by his ally's bolstering words, Brunnyip buries his pick deep where the heart would have been had the animated suit of armor been a man. It had the same effect, the magics animating the armor severed like a string on a knife's edge.

Animated Armors are dead. Pick crits are pretty spectacular.

Bardarok
2018-10-03, 01:25 PM
Tol'Vrei moves over to Brunyip and casts a healing spell upon him.

"I only got one more spell left in my Brunyip, and I'm hurt, out of healing."

"Huh" Grunts Brunyip, "Stay out of combat then Vrei. Blurr and Arrow, like with the skeletons then?

"Yah I think so"

Tol'Vrei readies his bow and they both move to the door. Tol'Vrei casts blurr on Brunyip then kicks open the door...

Round 47
Tol'Vrei
1: Stride to AI 32
2: Somatic
3: Verbal
-Cast Soothe Lvl 1 on Brunyip
[roll0]

Brunyip
1&2: Stride to AE 32

Round 48
Tol'Vrei
1: Stow Rapier
2: Draw Bow
3: Stride to AE31

Brunyip

Round 49
Tol'Vrei
1&2 Cast Blurr on Brunyip
3: Open Door

Zman
2018-10-04, 04:16 PM
With a push Tor'Vriel gives the doors a heave revealing the legendary Hall of Sand, where few challengers tread and fewer cross the powder fine sand to have their true measure taken at the wall of faces.

In the far center of the great hall lies a dais, at its center a pedestal meant for four gems. The gems are each located atop four pillars in the hall. A simple enough task, place the gems atop the dais pedestal. A simple task complicated by the great guardian of the hall. Lounging in the warm sand is a large beast with the body of a lion. Unfurling from its back are large and tattered batlike wings accentuating a long spiked tail. What is most unnerving is the lions body forming into a cunning and disturbingly human like face staring right at you.

At the end of the hall lies the Wall of Faces. Three stone faces, each the size of a man, stare at you. One looks to be scowling, the other smirking, and the center most one looks measured.

Manticore is Prone in front of the Dias. It has noticed you. The sand is difficult terrain and a 5' drop from the platform level you are on. The Manticore must be defeated, the four gems must be retrieved and returned to the dais, and then you must converse with the Wall of Faces.

Bardarok
2018-10-05, 01:31 PM
"Blood! Death! And Vengance!"

Brunyip steps forth to face the Manticore.

No Pillar's this time?

Brunyip
2: Stride to AC32
3: Attempt to demoralize Manticore ... ... ... but it is out of range .

Zman
2018-10-05, 09:45 PM
Manticore

With Brunnyip's shouts, the Manticore rears up, standing and takes flight.... As it begins its first winged past it looses a volley of spikes at its loud challenger... Brunnyip barely staves off being impaled by the first spike, but the second passes clear through his greaves, pinning him to the ground...

Action 1: Stand
Action 2: Fly
Action 3: Volley
[roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical [roll2] Hit: 14 Damage
[roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5] Crit: 15 Damage Pinned, DC18

Zman
2018-10-05, 09:47 PM
With a desperate attempt Brunnyip imposes his damaged shield between himself and the deadly spike, one pierces right through the metal, nearly destroying his arm. Though alive, his shield is useless.

Blurr
Attack 1[roll0]
Attack 2[roll1] So, so close to Blur stopping the attack.

Desperate shield block reduces total damage down to 24. Brunnyip is at 4 HP. Ouch!

EDIT: Sorry, second srike is going to Pin Brunnyip down, so he won't actually have taken the Crit. Shield block or not? He has 28HP, will take 14 from the first shot and will be pinned at DC18 by the second spike.

Bardarok
2018-10-06, 01:11 PM
"It's been an honor Tol'Vrei"
"Likewise Brunyip"

The pair unleash a flurry of arrows at the manticore in a desperate attempt to bring it down before it's too late.

Roud 50 I think

Tol'Vrei
2: Arrow
Attack
Damage [roll]1d6+1
If Cirt 2d6+2 + Deadly

3: Arrow
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll]1d6+1
If Cirt 2d6+2 + Deadly

Brunyip
R: Drop Pick and Shield
1: Draw Bow
2: Arrow
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll]1d6+3
If Cirt 2d6+6 + Deadly

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll]1d6+3
If Cirt 2d6+6 + Deadly [roll7]

Bardarok
2018-10-06, 01:13 PM
I messed up the damage rolls

Tol'Vrei
[roll0]

Brunyip
[roll1]

Zman
2018-10-06, 03:05 PM
Manticore

Having spikes sent back at the foul beast sends it inot a rage, as it flys past it sends volley after volley of its tail spikes at the challengers...

Action 1: Fly
Action 2: Volley
Vs B [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical [roll2]
Vs T[roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5] Hit: 8 damage

Action 3: Volley
Vs B [roll6] Damage [roll7] Critical [roll8]
Vs T[roll9] Damage [roll10] Critical [roll11]

Bardarok
2018-10-06, 06:32 PM
"It's coming closer!"

"I see it you just keep singing and firing!"

The pair fire off arrows as the beast draws closer

Tol'Vrei
1: Inspire Competence
[roll0]

2: Bow
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit [roll3] + Deadly [roll4]

3: Cast Shield

R: Aid Brunyip's Athletics Check

Brunyip
1: Arrow
Attack [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Crit [roll7] + Deadly [roll8]

F: Drop Bow

2: Pick up Shield
3: Attempt to unpin self
[roll9] + Tol'Vrei aid if applicable

R: Reactive Shield if it's a melee attack

Zman
2018-10-08, 09:44 PM
Both shot missed wide... but with his ally's encouraging words Brunnyip is able to free himself from being pinned to the ground...

Manticore

The great and foul beast launches two more spikes at Brunnyip before it flies towards him, deadset on rending him with its jaws... but at the last second, freed, Brunnyip is able to dodge the worst of the attacks and clings to the chance at life...

Manticore vs Brunnyip
Action 1: Spike [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical [roll2]
Action 3: Jaws [roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5]

Bardarok
2018-10-09, 12:40 PM
As the Manticore closes in Tol'Vrei pours his energy into his magics in an attempt to bolster his alley and hinder his foe.

Brunyip picks up his gran-pappy's pick and prays for a lucky hit on the raving manticore.

Tol'Vrei
2&3: Daze on Manticore (Will DC 18)

Brunyip
1: Pick up Pick
2: Attack [roll0]

If Crit:[roll2]

3: Attack [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
If Crit:[roll5]

R: Reaction for attack of opportunity if it comes up other wise reactive shield

#pray for crits

Zman
2018-10-11, 01:10 PM
Manticore

The Manticore tried to keep itself aloft opening itself up for Brunnyips pick... he manages to land a solid strike, but it pulls him off balance and opens him for the Manticore, enraged, to lash out at him with jaws and claws... felling the stout dwarf...

Bottom of Round 52

Action 1: Fly: Hover Triggers AoO
Reaction: Pick [roll0] Damage[roll1] Critical [roll2] Hit: 11 Damage. Too bad you didn't snag that crit!
Action 2: Jaws [roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5] Hit: 17 Damage
Action 3: Agile Claws [roll6] Damage [roll7] Critical [roll8]

Brunnyip is Unconscious at Dying 1(See if he can pull this out with Hero Points) Hero Point to regain consciousness, not slowed etc.

Zman
2018-10-11, 01:13 PM
Ooops, forgot a very important blurrrrrr.... [roll0]

Edit: Darn, that would have been fortunate!

Round 53

Bardarok
2018-10-11, 10:49 PM
With great heroism and heroics Brunyip stands up from near death in an attempt to take down the manticore.

Yah a single manticore was a challenge for 4 fully rested lvl 4 PCs int he playtest so I don't expect to survive this encounter. But still where there is life there is hope and so they soldier on.

Tol'Vrei

Lingering Composition
[F] Performance [roll0]

2: Assist Brunyip for attack rolls
[roll1]

3: Arrow Strike
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Crit: [roll4]

Brunyip
F: Spend Hero Point to Regain Consciousness because YOLO

1: Stand Up

2: Strike
Attack: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]

Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]
Crit: [roll10]

R: Reactive Shield & Shield Block if it will prevent the whole death thing

Zman
2018-10-12, 05:14 PM
Bows are deadly. Nice Crit! [roll0]

Asist Fails

Lingering for 2 rounds

Zman
2018-10-12, 05:23 PM
Manticore

The Manticore continues hovering, beating its mighty wings as it renews its assault on Brunnyip...

Action 1: Hover Triggers AoO
Brunnyip [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical [roll2] Hit!
Action 2: Jaws [roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5] Blurr [roll6] Hit, dropped again.
Action 3: Claws [roll7] Damage [roll8] Critical [roll9] Blurr [roll10] Success

Yeah, the Manticore is tough. Its a Severe encounter for a party of four level fours, but is Extreme for two characters. Its double tough, getting the level difference in bonus to AC, attack modifier, etc combined with its ability to fly and strike at range. It doesn't help that most characters won't be able to afford a +1 ranged weapon as a backup, severely limiting their damage output.

Well, lets see how this turns out!

Bardarok
2018-10-14, 10:00 PM
Redoing this turn in a different way

"YAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Tol'Vrei Screams and charges the manticore.

Tol'Vrei
F: Drop Bow
1: Draw Rapier
2: Stride
Attacl 1d20+9
damage: [roll0]
crit: [roll1] + Deadly [roll2]

Brunyip
Fort Save
[roll3]

Bardarok
2018-10-14, 10:01 PM
damn spaces in formatting
[roll0]

Zman
2018-10-14, 10:30 PM
I did give everybody two Hero Points at the start.... so, might as well get Brunnyop back in that fight!

Bardarok
2018-10-14, 10:32 PM
Ah okay I missed that I assumed 1 Hero Point. I'll redo that last turn.

Bardarok
2018-10-14, 10:38 PM
"YAHHHHHH!!!"
Tol'Vrei and Brunyip attack wildly.

Tol'Vrei
1&2: Daze
Attack: [roll0]
If Crit: [roll2] + Deadly [roll3]

Brunyip
F: Spend Hero Point
1: Stand

Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
If Crit: [roll6]

Attack: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
If Crit: [roll9]

R: Reactive Shield

Zman
2018-10-16, 03:26 PM
Tol'Vriel's spell sends the Manticore realing, creating an opening for Brunnyip...

Manticore Saving Throw [roll0] Fail, Brunnyip snags a hit because of it!

Zman
2018-10-16, 03:32 PM
Manticore

Manticore
Action 1: Jaws Damage [roll[]2d8+7 Critical
Action 2: Claws roll[d20+11 Damage [roll2] Critical [roll3]

If Brunnyip survives, he'll get a reaction on this hover.
Action 3: Hover

Zman
2018-10-16, 03:33 PM
After felling the brave Brunnyip, the Manticore flys forward, pressing Tol'Vriel with its dangerous claws...

Action 3: Claws [roll0] Hit: 16 Damage from above

That leaves Tol'Vriel at 3hp, if he can deal 9 damage he can kill the Manticore. Though, if you want to call it there, we can.

Bardarok
2018-10-16, 04:55 PM
In what may well be his final act Tol'Vrei drops his bow, draws his sword, and strikes out at the Manticore.

Tol'Vrei
2: Drop Bow + Draw Rapier

[roll0]

If miss use 2 hero points to reroll

[roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Critical: [roll3] + Deadly [roll4]

Bardarok
2018-10-16, 05:05 PM
Ahhh so close. I kind of want to see if they can pull it off. We can skip through the rest after the fight though. Tol'Vrei still has hero points since his first hit landed and it's impossible to kill a PC in one round without a critical (which is odd in and of itself)

Brunyip recovery save
[roll0]

Zman
2018-10-16, 05:35 PM
Manticore

With itself and its prey exhausted and near death, the manticore lashes out in one final desperate attempt to fell the challengers... the great beast latches onto Tol'Vriel's leg, and falls on him with his claws hell bent on killing the elf.

Suddenly, horns sound and the beast, trained to heed their call, reluctantly gives up its prey.

Action 1: Jaws [roll0] Damage [roll1] Critical [roll2] Crit: Falls unconscious at Dying 2
Action 2: Claws[roll3] Damage [roll4] Critical [roll5] Crit: Would hit Dying 4, spends hero point to instead regain 1 hp.
Action 3: Claws[roll6] Damage [roll7] Critical [roll8] Hit: Falls to Dying 1.

Also, we forgot that when you are dropped unconscious, you drop everything in your hand. Brunnyip would have needed to spend an action each of those rounds to pick his pick up again.

Bardarok
2018-10-16, 05:46 PM
Yup that is curtains. They did surprisingly well since I thought they didn't have a chance in the last fight. They did have a chance just not a huge one.

Thanks got GMing this! It was fun.