PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Halfling Slinger Build

Palanan
2018-08-30, 06:24 PM
I need to work up a halfling slinger for Saturday’s game. I haven’t built one in Pathfinder before, so I could use some advice on this.

I’d like to pack as much slingyness as possible into a compact build. All official Paizo sources are on the table, and 3.5 material is available on a case-by-case basis. Given this, what are the essentials I should be looking at?

PunBlake
2018-08-30, 06:33 PM
We talked about this a week or so ago.

www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?565875-Halfling-Sling-User

Palanan
2018-08-30, 07:40 PM
I saw that, but most of the suggestions seem to be from 3.5. I'd like to use Pathfinder material as much as possible.

Alexvrahr
2018-08-30, 07:50 PM
What level or level range are you interested in, and what sources are allowed? Re the last - is 3rd party of any kind on the table, I mean.

Andor13
2018-08-30, 08:06 PM
If you want to bring the boom, I'd go Halfling Alchemist (Grenadier) with the Warslinger trait. Take the Halfling Staff sling as your martial weapon, and then follow the Slipsligner Style (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/style-feats/)combat feats chain.

Basically you're playing field artillery with hairy toes.

Treblain
2018-08-31, 11:15 PM
There are a lot of possible sling options but some overlap or aren't that satisfying. Any ranged character wants to get Precise Shot and Rapid Shot as soon as possible, so you don't want to burn feats on exotic weapon proficiencies and weapon-specific feats early on while you're already two steps behind bow-users. The Warslinger alternate racial trait makes Ammo Drop and Juggle Load pointless; avoiding AoOs is not worth two feats. Arc Slinger, Halfling Slinger, and Large Target are feats you might want but aren't the highest priorities. I would avoid the halfling sling staff or double sling and Slipslinger Style.

Suggested build: Fighter (Mutation Warrior archetype), with the following feats up to 10th:
1. Point Blank Shot
1b. Precise Shot
2b. Rapid Shot
3. Weapon Focus
4b. Deadly Aim
5. Advanced Weapon Training (Focused Weapon)
6b. Weapon Specialization
7. Two-Weapon Fighting
8b. Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
9. Clustered Shots
9b. Burrowing Shot (through Weapon Mastery advanced weapon training)
10b. Large Target

The advanced weapon training Focused Weapon, which you can take as a feat, scales your sling damage dice as you level, and you can get damage bonuses from Deadly Aim, Weapon Specialization, Weapon Training, Point Blank Shot, and Large Target, plus your Strength modifier which can be increased with a mutagen. At 7th level a Mutation Warrior can take the Vestigial Arm discovery. Then you can wield slings in both hands and reload them with your third arm as free actions thanks to Warslinger, and with Rapid Shot and Improved Two-Weapon Fighting you have five attacks per round without spending an exotic weapon proficiency on a double sling.