PDA

View Full Version : Optimization What can I do with immunity to fatigue?

Couatl
2018-08-31, 03:09 AM
I got an idea and started searching (it was part of my idea to utilize a PrC whose flavor I always liked, but never had the opportunity to include in my games - the Horizon Walker) how best can I utilize an immunity to fatigue.

I basically came with no ideas besides barbarian rage (which is kind of small use, mainly because encounters tend to finish before the rage expires) and trollblooded feat (which is pretty good, but awfully specific).

So can you please share an advice?

Crake
2018-08-31, 03:25 AM
I was going to suggest trollblooded, but seems you've already got that one covered.

I actually have a player doing that in one of my games right now, he's got tireless (a regional feat that grants immunity to fatigue, and anything that would exhaust you instead fatigues you), and troll blooded, but refluffed as remnants of his time as a vampire, with the weakness being good and silver instead of acid and fire.

As an aside you could get a job as a rapid delivery courier, since you can run everywhere and not get tired.

Saintheart
2018-08-31, 03:51 AM
You're also the perfect uncatchable bait for a monster that has a lot of treasure in its lair and whose movement speed doesn't exceed yours. Goad the troll out of its hole, leave the rest of the party behind, when the trolls comes chasing you, outrun it for a while and let the party loot its lair while it's gone.

Nifft
2018-08-31, 04:06 AM
There are some monsters which can inflict Fatigue; you can kick their butts. Dragonne is one I remember that's in the SRD.

Some hot and cold environments (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/environment.htm) can inflict Fatigue; so can hunger & thirst.

Also you can stay up all night.

Darrin
2018-08-31, 03:48 PM
There are a few PrCs that have something similar to rage and leave you fatigued afterward... Frenzied Berzerker, for example. Spelldancers can get fatigued from spelldancing (use Strongheart Vest to counter the Con damage). Dervish can get fatigued after a Dervish Dance (CWar). Half-Vampire (Libris Mortis) can go a long while without feeding if he's immune to fatigue.

Particle_Man
2018-08-31, 05:19 PM
You can sleep in heavy Armor which is handy or useless depending on how mean your dm is.

Goaty14
2018-08-31, 10:06 PM
If you somehow end up using PF material, then you can rage cycle, I guess.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-08-31, 10:10 PM
Well, depending on if your group uses the BoEF or not...

Troacctid
2018-09-01, 09:37 PM
If you're a dragonborn or raptoran, or if you have the Improved Dragon Wings feat, you can fly indefinitely without getting tired.

Telok
2018-09-01, 11:20 PM
There's a feat somewhere that improves spells (I want to say save dc by 4 but that may be a different feat) with the downside of inflicting fatigue.

Kayblis
2018-09-02, 09:28 AM
You can live inside a Kelgore's Grave Mist effect with no harm other than the cold damage(1d6, so Cold Resistance 5 pretty much negates it), so get an item of that spell or recommend the caster to have it ready so everyone around you gets fatigued.

lbuttitta
2018-09-02, 09:32 AM
Become a spelldancer and get free metamagic forever! Well, specifically on spells where you can afford to add rounds to the casting time, but you could become a better buffer than the DMM cleric, if you so chose.