PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder taking ability damage to power other effects

rel
2018-08-31, 05:07 AM
Quick question for those that know pathfinder; Are there any abilities (or spells, effects, items, etc) that let you trade ability score damage to power something else.

In 3.5 the most obvious example is the Hellfire Blast ability of the Hellfire Warlock. You take con damage and get extra damage on your Eldritch Blasts.

Anything like that in pathfinder?

Crake
2018-08-31, 05:19 AM
The blood money spell is a swift action spell that allows you to take strength damage in exchange for creating expensive material components for the next spell you cast that round. I believe it's 1 strength damage per 500gp value of the component. Works wonders on a cleric or with a paladin wand of lesser restoration. Makes glyph of warding delightfully spammable too.

Leo_0210
2018-09-01, 10:18 AM
The kineticist has a class feature that takes hp burn to power some of their abilities, is an advanced class so something that may have to be worked up to. As far as i can find in my research, it seems Blood money is the only outright option. Pathfinder has a system for creating spells, and if you talked to your GM you might be able to come up with something in the vein of what you were thinking. there is a guide on the PFSRD on designing spells paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/magic/designingSpells.html