View Full Version : Truenaming Spells

Sto
2018-08-31, 05:58 AM
So, in the back of The Tome of bad balance AKA the Tome of Magic, there's a list of spells that require a truenaming check when they're cast. The only one I've had the time to read is Unname, which is a save or die that also deletes your items!

My question is, are any of the spells decent? If they aren't, would they be good without the truenaming check?

Zaq
2018-08-31, 08:09 AM
The problem is less the Truespeak check and more the fact that the vast majority require personal truenames, which is horribly awful. The only ones that are semi-decent don’t require anyone’s personal truename.

I reviewed them all towards the end of my guide, which is in my signature.

Sto
2018-08-31, 08:59 AM
I think I made it to the Lexicons before I stopped reading my first time through. So I thank you both for making the guide and telling me where I can find the relevant info.

Starbuck_II
2018-08-31, 09:03 AM
So, in the back of The Tome of bad balance AKA the Tome of Magic, there's a list of spells that require a truenaming check when they're cast. The only one I've had the time to read is Unname, which is a save or die that also deletes your items!

My question is, are any of the spells decent? If they aren't, would they be good without the truenaming check?

I agree Scramble is amazingly fun.

Beckons pretty nifty too.

I disagree that binding is bad though, if y know their truename they can't take revenge, so Bind away.