PDA

View Full Version : Right-eye (SOD spoilers and speculation)

TheAlmightyOne
2007-09-14, 02:53 PM
I was looking through the archives when something struck me. Back in 105 Xykon had amassed all his minions. Several things struck me as odd now that I've read SoD. Firstly the only zombie with one eye had a missing right eye while clearly Right-eye had his right eye. There is a goblin missing his left eye but he is still alive. Furthermore the zombies of Lirian and Dorukan (I assume Xykon zombified him just because hes like that) aren't there either. These three zombies seem to hold to much significance for Xykon for him to randomly destroy them so where were they and will they make a return appearence?

Green Bean
2007-09-14, 03:19 PM
I'm not seeing how any of those zombies are particularly valuable to Xykon. Heck, it would be just like him to get the 're-killed' doing something random.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-09-14, 03:25 PM
Well he likes the Right-Eye zombie to torment Redcloak, and Lirian and Dorukan were very powerful PCs. Like having a trophy in a case. Thats why I think he wants them.

Green Bean
2007-09-14, 03:37 PM
Well he likes the Right-Eye zombie to torment Redcloak, and Lirian and Dorukan were very powerful PCs. Like having a trophy in a case. Thats why I think he wants them.

I'm not sure if he's the trophy type, and those zombies were fragile. Even if they weren't killed offscreen by Xykon or the OotS, I doubt they'd make it out of the lair before it blew.

Ancalagon
2007-09-14, 03:42 PM
I think as far as Xykon is concerned Right-Eye has served his purpose and is not interesting anymore. The same goes for the other zombies you named, but... well... noone know when and where they will pop up again.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-09-14, 04:27 PM
Fair point although when you think about it its actually more likly when that comic was made Rich hadnt come up with the story for SoD yet and so there was no Right-Eye or Lirian to put in. How did none of us work that out?

Green Bean
2007-09-14, 04:30 PM
Fair point although when you think about it its actually more likly when that comic was made Rich hadnt come up with the story for SoD yet and so there was no Right-Eye or Lirian to put in. How did none of us work that out?

I kinda figured it went without saying.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-14, 04:38 PM
Right-Eye is his slave name, man. His slave name.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-09-14, 04:58 PM
Right-Eye is his slave name, man. His slave name.

Well we dont know the real names of Right-Eye, Redcloak or Xykon so its easier than calling them 'unnamed goblin who only has a right eye' 'unnnamed goblin who wears a red cloak' and 'unnmaed sourcerer who became a lich'

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-14, 05:27 PM
I was mostly kidding, because the whole thing about their real names was really profound to me and deserves a mention. You could call him Little Brother, though, and have everyone know who you mean.

NerfTW
2007-09-14, 06:47 PM
*ignore this, misread it*